Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited August 2013

Kyoto, I can help you out with Photoshop (Note to mods, I do mean in a legitimate fashion!), check your PM. From what I can tell from the forum the new LDP will work with that version. Not much stopping you now!

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

Just remember that cheap versions of Photoshop are rarely legitimate, and as to the drm version of CS2, this is what adobe said

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don’t require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) See <<a href="http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930>;">http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930>;

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2013

Yes, that is true. I downloaded it when it was first mentioned and now other perfectly legitimate download sites are putting it up with the serial numbers. As far as I am aware this is still a full version of Photoshop CS2 that is no trial and still works. Adobe can dress it up how they like, all we can do is reap the benefits of not having to fork out for the latest version.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sorry, but the information on the Adobe site is clear that this is not for people who have not purchased a license and we must apply that to forum posts. Passing the information via PM does not avoid that rule.

edited December 1969

Ok,

I won't mention it any further.

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

I already posted this one in the Luxus thread, but I hope it fits here too.
    DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 and LuxRender via Luxus.
    Model is a 3D scan from Ten24.

Jamie.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 302K
    edited December 1969

That's amazing!

Any close-ups!?

CHEERS!

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Thanks.
    I could try to do a closeup, problem is its all one single mesh with just one texture map, sometimes those scans doesn't look that great on closeups unless they are already closeup scans :/

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited August 2013

...more "RR...NOT"

Sweet little Annika. chasing the glowflies unaware of where they are leading her.

She's a tough kid though, a real tomboy.

Beware_where_the_glowflies_lead_you_pw.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 974K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Thanks.
    I could try to do a closeup, problem is its all one single mesh with just one texture map, sometimes those scans doesn't look that great on closeups unless they are already closeup scans :/

Ah, I see, I think I have a figure like that around somewhere.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...more "RR...NOT"

Sweet little Annika. chasing the glowflies unaware of where they are leading her.

She's a tough kid though, a real tomboy.

Nice, hope she can swim!

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited April 2014

Picked up one of the cyborg bundles here's a quick one of one of my favorites in that set.

cyborg_04_D_sm_jpg.jpg
    1298 x 1999 - 548K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Wow, that's quite a render. There look to be a lot of elements in there, was there much postwork involved?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Wow, that's quite a render. There look to be a lot of elements in there, was there much postwork involved?

CHEERS!

Here's a straight render. the only thing i don't care for is that there is only one material zone. nothing is separate not even the eyes. It's all one big texture. a lot of the detail are done on the texture map.

If you use daz studio you have to set up the materials because out of the box it's a mess. and i didn't see any bump or displacement maps. it just uses a normal map.
    Over all i really like it.

cyborg_04_base_jpg.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 677K
    edited December 1969

Very nice,

I might have to check it out sometime. She has a sort of Sil from Species mixed with a Cenobite vibe.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Very nice,

I might have to check it out sometime. She has a sort of Sil from Species mixed with a Cenobite vibe.

CHEERS!

yeah i can see that it does look like mix of those.
    But actually it's a Banshee from a game called mass effect. They have a few other mass effect models i want to get at some point too there.

edited December 1969

Oh, right,

I'm a bit out of touch with console games these days.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...I pretty much stopped playing computer games after the original Doom and Duke Nukem. I know that dates me just a bit.

edited December 1969

I did give away my console ages ago, but, I do still have a copy of Doom around, just not installed.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2013

The elite human surface shader is not working right. It worked fine the last time I installed it. Yes, I did hold down the Ctrl key while double clicking the !Humansurface base.ds. I selected: ignore for the map settings in the Shader Preset dialog box.

Edit: uh, I think I forgot to add the shader directory to the content database path. :red: See, I am so used to Daz Studio 4 that I forgot how to use Daz Studio 3.

Edit #2. I see the same error message even though I added the path to the shader in the directory dialog box. I might need to reinstall the EHSS.

Edit #3: If the readme file is correct, I am missing \shaders\omnifreaker\surface\omHumanSurface.sdl

Here are the error messages from the Daz Studio error log:

WARNING: QColor::setHsv: HSV parameters out of range
    background
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2050: cannot find shader 'omnifreaker/displacement/omDispStandard', will try 'bumpy'
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2050: cannot find shader 'bumpy', will try 'null'
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2050: cannot find shader 'omnifreaker/surface/omHumanSurface', will try 'defaultsurface'
    ehss_Laura.jpg
    640 x 480 - 138K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

"Sorry love, we have a dress code in this establishment - no jeans, no trainers... "

No_Jeans_No_Trainers_RR.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 680K
    edited December 1969

The elite human surface shader is not working right. It worked fine the last time I installed it. Yes, I did hold down the Ctrl key while double clicking the !Humansurface base.ds. I selected: ignore for the map settings in the Shader Preset dialog box.

Edit: uh, I think I forgot to add the shader directory to the content database path. :red: See, I am so used to Daz Studio 4 that I forgot how to use Daz Studio 3.

Edit #2. I see the same error message even though I added the path to the shader in the directory dialog box. I might need to reinstall the EHSS.

Edit #3: If the readme file is correct, I am missing \shaders\omnifreaker\surface\omHumanSurface.sdl

Here are the error messages from the Daz Studio error log:

background
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2050: cannot find shader 'omnifreaker/displacement/omDispStandard', will try 'bumpy'
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2050: cannot find shader 'bumpy', will try 'null'
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2050: cannot find shader 'omnifreaker/surface/omHumanSurface', will try 'defaultsurface'

Oops, not something I'm that familiar with, I only ever used the HSS with Gen 4 upwards.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    "Sorry love, we have a dress code in this establishment - no jeans, no trainers... "

Great render,

He'd let her in if she took them off!

CHEERS!

edited September 2013

Jabba101 - I like the lighting.

I accidentally deleted the omDispStandard.sdl file that came with Daz Studio 3. Opps. I had to reinstall Daz Studio 3.

Here is Laura with the EHSS -

Memory usage:
    Daz Studio / 3Delight: ~225 MB
    Video RAM - 109 MB

i like how the older figures and textures don't use a lot of memory. TDLmake runs fast when it optimizes older textures too.

Edit: I forgot to change Laura's clothes for this scene. lol

Laura_ehss.jpg
    640 x 480 - 237K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I did give away my console ages ago, but, I do still have a copy of Doom around, just not installed.

CHEERS!

I don't think i have ever stopped playing games lol. started with an old Atari and still going today and looking forward to the new systems coming out soon. (though my PS vita handheld system has quickly rose to be one of my favorites)

Games have been a pretty big source of inspiration to me too.(especially silent hill series)

And I should drop a pic into this post too since it is a render thread lol.

Here's a quicky of something i got at rdna last month for A3 (yep i still buy stuff for her when i stumble on something i don't have yet lol)

XO-SWAT For Aiko3
    XO-SWAT Weapons Unit

lonestar_rookie_2_jpg.jpg
    1414 x 1999 - 750K
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 - I like the lighting.

I accidentally deleted the omDispStandard.sdl file that came with Daz Studio 3. Opps. I had to reinstall Daz Studio 3.

Here is Laura with the EHSS -

Memory usage:
    Daz Studio / 3Delight: ~225 MB
    Video RAM - 109 MB

i like how the older figures and textures don't use a lot of memory. TDLmake runs fast when it optimizes older textures too.

Edit: I forgot to change Laura's clothes for this scene. lol

Nice render,

Just out of interest, why did you go back to using DS3?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I don't think i have ever stopped playing games lol. started with an old Atari and still going today and looking forward to the new systems coming out soon. (though my PS vita handheld system has quickly rose to be one of my favorites)

Games have been a pretty big source of inspiration to me too.(especially silent hill series)

And I should drop a pic into this post too since it is a render thread lol.

Here's a quicky of something i got at rdna last month for A3 (yep i still buy stuff for her when i stumble on something i don't have yet lol)

XO-SWAT For Aiko3
    XO-SWAT Weapons Unit

Nice, reminds me of old in game cut scenes.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Nice render,

Just out of interest, why did you go back to using DS3?

CHEERS!

You are right in that I normally use Daz Studio 4. I usually use Daz Studio 3 when I want to play with the free Lux Render plugin for DS 3 or when I need to load a really old figure.

Long story short: my hard drive is starting to go bad. My computer accesses part of the disk slowly. Even the benchmarks show the drive is a little slow. Therefore, Daz Studio 4, Carrara 7 Express and Hexagon load slowly. Daz Studio 3 loads fine. I can't load high quality textures like the elite textures (Stephanie 4, ect) without TDLmake running for five minutes. TDL make generates at least 100 MB of files even for a simple scene. My hard drive seems to have issues reading and writing the TDL files that Daz Studio 3 makes.

Oddly enough, Windows loads fine. Go figure. I guess my 3D programs and my runtime library is located near the bad or slow part of the hard drive. I know, I need to buy a new hard drive soon.

Ok, I need to go to bed now. lol Bye

edited December 1969

Oh, oh dear,

That doesn't sound good. Yeah it does sound that way. One thing I can never remember is where the disk check feature is on Windows 8. I haven't run one since I got it and it's probably time I did.

CHEERS!

edited September 2013

The good news is that I can use Daz Studio 3 and Generation 3 figures. Everyone will see more renders of Laura 3 in the next few weeks. lol I forgot to install David 3 and Victoria 3. I'm going to do that right after lunch.

Hexagon works fine now. I think what happened yesterday is that Adobe/Macromedia browser plugin crashed and my computer almost ran out of memory. After I closed the web browser Hexagon works fine. Carrara is still loading slowly.

Edit: the only downside to using Luke and Laura 3 is that I don't have a lot of clothes for them. Maybe I can find some free ones on ShareCG or Renderosity that works in Studio. Or I can make my own clothes after I learn how to rig figures and props. Creating the mesh is easy. Placing bones and setting the joints is tricky. I think I'll use shaders for the texture.

Hopefully someone will buy me a new hard drive before more sectors go bad and ruin the NTFS file system.

Here is a tutorial on how to check a hard drive for errors in Windows 8:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-error-checking-windows-8

This discussion has been closed.