[Released!] VisualMenus [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Hey Bitwelder, you've not posted in a month.  Hope your OK??  And hows this update coming along?? 

• I havent done anything with Visual Menus. Ive been waiting for the update. Im wondering if there will be an update.

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    edited February 2019

I havent done anything with Visual Menus. Ive been waiting for the update. Im wondering if there will be an update.

I bought it on the realese day but not installed it yet, waiting for the update as well. Hope all is well with Birwelder. 

Post edited by mats76 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited February 2019

I use VisualMenus every day - it's REALLY stream-lined my workflow! This is definitely one of my most favorite purchases of 2018, considering how much time it's saved me. Thank you for the incredibly helpful product! yes

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 958
    edited February 2019

Hope all is well with Bitwelder - it's been radio silence for a while now.

The workaround for the bug that's effected me a few times where it hangs if you press a button and then press it a second time because it didn't respond - for me, I've found it's related to the rendering Iray in the Aux Viewport and if I just wait until the Aux Viewport is done rendering, the menu will eventually appear (so I don't have to press the button a second time). Hope that makes sense for anyone else with a similar issue.

Post edited by evacyn on

Maybe DAZ bought this little handy add on and he's just out of the picture now.... seems strange that he just up and disappeared like this.  I really hope it's not a health issue.  If so I hope he's on the mend! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,120
    edited February 2019

bitwelder has released two other products since this one. I would at least like to get an update so I can read the menus in the product.  The total silence is very disappointing after all the previous discussion.I guess I'll submit a help request, since nothing is happening here. At least the problem will be on record.

Edit: Request #292041 VisualMenus context menus are unreadable gray on gray

Post edited by barbult on

It sounds like they were working on a patch in December, so maybe the hold up is Daz and having to QA test it? Regardless, this is the one of the best things I've purchased in the store and I only hope it keeps getting better :)

• CometsComets Posts: 87

Hoping the patch will fix Daz crashing. I finally uninstalled it after one crash too many and losing work,  but I really miss using this plugin - manually navigating the folders lists is more painful now.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited February 2019
    barbult said:

bitwelder has released two other products since this one. I would at least like to get an update so I can read the menus in the product.  The total silence is very disappointing after all the previous discussion.I guess I'll submit a help request, since nothing is happening here. At least the problem will be on record.

Agreed; as good as it is, I'd decided to return, then realised I was too late. It has put me off purchasing other items.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2019
    nicstt said:
    barbult said:

Agreed; as good as it is, I'd decided to return, then realised I was too late. It has put me off purchasing other items.

I returned it. I stated my case for a late refund and pointed Daz at this thread. Done.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I have stopped using it, as if I crash it when working on a scene (because of menus), then I loose some work; this is despite frequent Ctrl S to save.

nicstt said:
    barbult said:

I returned it. I stated my case for a late refund and pointed Daz at this thread. Done.

Good point; Daz's 'no questions asked' 30 day policy doesn't mean one can't submit a request outside that time period; one merely needs a justifiable reason.

This makes me sad that at one point he was working on this wonderful update and now he's just ignoring us.  It was mentioned that he's released a couple of new products, well won't be seeing another sale from me then when it's clear that this fixed is shelved and we are forgotten or ignored.  NOT COOL MAN! 

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Hmm Is it worth to intall, or are there frequent chrashes with this installed?

• I know others have talked about crashing problems, I can just say that I have been using it without any crashes since it was released.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I was having no problems with it, but after having to reinstall Daz Studio (unrelated hard-drive/motherboard fry-up, necessitating new computer), I've decided to use custom categories/daz menus for organization and accessibility instead. The vanishing support for the product illustrated in the thread leaves me thinking that there is no chance of solutions to any future problems that might be created by updates to Studio etc, so I'll be proceeding without using it at all rather than come to rely on it.

What a shame :(

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    mats76 said:

Hmm Is it worth to intall, or are there frequent chrashes with this installed?

I love it.  The only thing that I've had a problem with is exporting the settings using the app itself.  I just press F3 which opens up the default DS Customize window where you can do the same thing. (And if F3 isn't the default keyboard short-cut, I apologize but i customize the beans out of my stuff - it's also on the Edit menu, just click Customize.  Then Export (down at the bottom), then select Menus from the dropdown.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited March 2019
    Nath said:
    GiGi_7 said:

I suppose if you create a script that point to the content tab that you want, it can convert it to custom action, and then can be used in VisualMenus.

The problem to solve is made that script .

Can it be this?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/specific_ui/set_content_library_container/start

Nath said:

Would it be possible to use this to set navigational shortcuts, not to items, but to (sub-)directories? So that the directory opens in the Content Library? That would be a real time-saver.

YES! That does the trick. Thanks for the tip :-)

I am also trying to make a costum action to open the DAZ Uber directory. Thing is, I have everything installed in my own DIM folders and when I set the path in the script, it doesn't open. The directory is situated in: "D/Studio/shaders/Shader Presets/Iray/DAZ Uber" no matter what path I set, it won't open. Does it only work from the default directories DAZ installs?

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Sylvan said:
    Nath said:
    GiGi_7 said:

I suppose if you create a script that point to the content tab that you want, it can convert it to custom action, and then can be used in VisualMenus.

The problem to solve is made that script .

Can it be this?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/specific_ui/set_content_library_container/start

Nath said:

Would it be possible to use this to set navigational shortcuts, not to items, but to (sub-)directories? So that the directory opens in the Content Library? That would be a real time-saver.

YES! That does the trick. Thanks for the tip :-)

I am also trying to make a costum action to open the DAZ Uber directory. Thing is, I have everything installed in my own DIM folders and when I set the path in the script, it doesn't open. The directory is situated in: "D/Studio/shaders/Shader Presets/Iray/DAZ Uber" no matter what path I set, it won't open. Does it only work from the default directories DAZ installs?

My directories are hardly set up in any standard way, so it has to be something else. But looking at your directory path, if that's the way you have it in the script, shouldn't that be D: rather than plain D and backslashes instead of regular ones? Beyond that I don't know either ...

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

Oh, I'll try that, thanks!

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

Thanks to the people who said this works for them.  Based on that bought it for a great price during MarchMadness 2019.

Using previous and latest Beta of DS 4.11.0.335 this works just great alongside custom categories. Have made muliple bigger Custom QT menus using Bitwelder's instructions and using a shortcut to open each menu, have had zero crashes depsite using it alot.    My first cutom menu was for Dreamlight's Dome Light dufs 4x Sun Height and 24 Sun Position in degrees = 96 icon boxes.  So helpful.  Nothing is annoying like being in the character submenus, then need to naviagte to totally other submenus.  With this awesome feature, <2 seconds and sun position/height is changed.

Hope this continues to work in future versions. :)

In case anyone is wondering, this product works just fine with latest Beta 4.11.0.366.
    Added Edit Strand-hair and the new Dual Lobe shader as quick click action buttons to a custom bigger UI for quick use.

Hope one way or another this product remains supported through future versions of DS :)
    Loosing use of this product would be like going back to using a hammer to make your coffee grounds.  Not very efficient lol.

In case anyone is wondering, this product works just fine with latest Beta 4.11.0.366.
    Added Edit Strand-hair and the new Dual Lobe shader as quick click action buttons to a custom bigger UI for quick use.

Hope one way or another this product remains supported through future versions of DS :)
    Loosing use of this product would be like going back to using a hammer to make your coffee grounds.  Not very efficient lol.

Fantastic - thanks for the update Saxa--SD! I've been worried about the (eventual) migration to 4.11 when its released since I can't image using non-VisualMenus DS again ;)

And it looks like bitwelder has been quiet on the PA release front since February, and I hope all is well with them. I've bought a lot through the store, but nothing touches how useful VM is!

evacyn said:

Fantastic - thanks for the update Saxa--SD! I've been worried about the (eventual) migration to 4.11 when its released since I can't image using non-VisualMenus DS again ;)

And it looks like bitwelder has been quiet on the PA release front since February, and I hope all is well with them. I've bought a lot through the store, but nothing touches how useful VM is!

Glad it was helpful!  Yup.  Every beta update i do - i kinda whince wondering if it wil break VM.

Guess I should say I use VM to bring up a menu to click on a choice.  Sometimes also use it to click and open a new 2nd submenu and click a choice there.  Zero crashes using it that way.  But maybe others still use it differently? 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,674
    edited September 2019

This was in the cart, at the last minute I had an urge to check the promo page for Forum mentions, and browsed through this thread. I'd love the help, but the unaddressed issues scared me off. No sale.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a 1.1 update soon. Also I will try to anwer these questions in the next few days.

I'll reinstall when your update hit's  Thanks!  

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

Good to hear. Look forward to playing with this.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,120

That's good to hear! I still use it all the time. I had given up on ever seeing an update after so long. Welcome back.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

WHY, IN THE NAME OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, DID I NOT BUY THIS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT?!?!?

I AM CUSTOMIZING STUFF LIKE NO ONES BIDNESS! I LOVE IT!

Is there a repository for custom actions and scripts others have made for stuff?