Art ? Yess, but not here my preciousss... those nasty hobbittsses stole it and replaced it with cra

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2021

yfish laid out in mildly amusing patterns... some of them slightly rude !

[snigger]

Six posts without a picture ? We can't allow that - I'll have to find a stupid picture to post...

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • ^--- Now it's seven posts without a picture ! We can't allow that - I'll have to find a stupid picture to post...

(etc, ad infinitum)

edited November 2018

Returning to the... 

TigerAnne said:

WHERE ARE HER PANTS? surprise

...question.

Another option, neatly sidestepping the whole 'English' issue, is to ask "What makes you think she isn't wearing any?"

I direct you to an earlier picture of a different young lady wearing the same sweater where I including the comment "*Pre-emptive: Yes she is. Same underwear set as the stockings." 

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

"What makes you think she isn't wearing any?"

I was speaking "American" at the moment. wink There's something about the word "trousers" I can't take completely seriously, despite being collegally Britified. It looks too much like the Scandinavian words for underpants, funny enough.

edited December 2018

@TigerAnne -  just read that line in your signature "Before you criticise anyone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when they get offended, you're a mile away and they have no shoes on." yes love it !

This is an old one, done for a 'Bad Barbee'contest over at CGBytes. I didn't have time to do what I'd actually planned, so this was just a sort of concept sketch. The intent was to have a cluttered workbench with a pile of good Barbees on his right, and a line of lovingly crafted individual bad Barbees standing provocatively on his left. The middle of the bench would be cluttered with his craftsman's tools - part used sheets of Letraset "Bad Girl Tattoos" Action Transfers, tins of Airfix (or perhaps Humbrol) Goblin* enamel with appropriate bad girl colour names (use your imagination!), etc...:

The Master Puppeteer

Good Barbees don't just turn bad - each is lovingly hand crafted by a twisted mind...

Meet Geppetto Svengali, an expert at turning good Barbees into bad Barbees...

*Which I created specifically for this picture, but never used - Poser prop PP2 here http://www.sharecg.com/v/86290/gallery/11/Poser/Goblin-Enamel

BadBarbeeMaker.jpg
    985 x 862 - 126K
    edited August 2019

Since a certain time of year seems to have snuck up on us I'll repost an oldie (already posted on another DAZ thread here)...

Waiting Up

I've just realized, thanks to Diomede_Carrara's post here, that this picture bears a distinct similarity to Art Frahm's "Sound Asleep" (200x200 thumbnail image only below for copyright reasons - just so that you can see what I mean). Maybe I had seen it before, although I'm not aware of doing so? Perhaps I did see it and forget,but it got lodged in my subconcious* ? Or maybe the idea came to me out of the blue, and it's just coincidence ? Who knows ?

Who cares ! ;o)

*If it was, I'm sure that the teddy bear in the original would have become Deaddy Bear in my picture. Which means that the sleeping kid would be Little Morticia. So she'd only be pretending to be asleep... poor Santa !

ArtFrahmSoundAsleep.jpg
    200 x 200 - 11K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I do love catching up over here.  I love the bad Barbie concept.

edited September 2020

Thank you ! I really want to go back and finish that, but... I'm just too darn lazy.

And I seem to be stuck in the doldrums as far as pictures are concerned - my most recent render was nigh on two months ago, the all-you-can eat beach BBQ buffet one.

Never mind, to compensate for that the demented section of my brain (i.e.the main part) has been churning out puerile gobbledigook ever since it added "The Kiddies Book Of Incantations And Curses" to the new list of book titles here: Here's a small sample*****:

Poetry Corner - Part 1

(part 1 - part 2 - part 3)

(Note: tum ti tums, lah di dahs, etc, aren't the actual words. They're just rhythmic placeholders until the appropriate words appear. Except for sometimes)

By the power of great Yog-Sothoth, <something to rhyme with othoth****>
    May your jokes be never funny, may your poo be black and runny,
    May your feet go green and smelly, may your trousers* turn to jelly,
    May your nose and ears get hairy, may your face turn really scary,
    By the power of BarneyRubble,may you always get in trouble,
    By the wrath of Sredni Vashtar, may you something something something,
    May your breath be rather whiffy, may your fashion sense be iffy,
    May your belly look quite silly,may your trousers* turn to jelly, (again)
    By the power of great Cthulhu,may you be the kind of fool who
    Puts his socks into a toaster, nails his (two syllables) to a rocket,
    Spreads his jam upon a magnet, puts a firework in his pocket,
    May your nose be always runny, may your days be never sunny,
    May you hum a brainless ditty, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah,
    May your feet and ears turn backwards, for your comebacks may you lack words,  (may your pies be full of blackbirds?)
    May your repartie be witless, la di da di da di ditless,
    May your friends be very boring, may your nights be plagued by snoring,
    Of bugs may you be squeamish, may your home decor be creamish, (I was running out of steamish... and a syllable short...)
    By the tash ofTerry-Thomas, may your cash all turn to humus**,
    May your iPhone be your master,may your selfies court disaster,
    May you trip up while your texting, may you never hear your phone ring,
    May your selfies all be stupid, may you miss important phone calls, (this was turning into a bit of an anti-idiotPhone rant,so a change of tack...)
    By the wooden spoon of Delia, may your cooking be a failure,
    May your soufflé's collapse inwards, tum ti tiddly tum ti timwards,

...etc... ad infinitum...

And I think that the book will probably need Dr Seuss style illustrations !

There's probably a term for this. No, not that word! I'm referring to the poetic meter - two blocks of 8 syllables (usually) both of the 'tum ti tum ti tum ti tum ti' form (you can tell I studied*** English lit can't you!) with the final words of both blocks rhyming. Sometimes.

*I had contemplated using a word that rhymes with 'silly' here, but (surprisingly - at least to my puerile demented brain) 'trousers' was the word I originally used. Edit:just realized why -TigerAnne's comment about the word trousers !

**I think I actually meant hummus, but humus works too

***I didn't - just in case you're wondering

****Anybody have agood rhyme for Sothoth ? I really don't want to resort to tricks like 'May your beer be mainly frothoth'... although I rather like that idea now.

*****Sample incantation/curse copyright ©☠ 2018 Grizhelda Gray-Grackles The Witch Sorceress - any unauthorized use of these incantations, whether in part or in full, will result in avisit from Squeakums...

haha that is definitely going to need illustration.   I did a search for what rhymes with Sothoth.  I spent 20 minutes laughing but came away with nothing lol.

edited June 2019

A mildly amusing (to me anyway - and let's face it, when push comes to shove, your back's against the wall, and the cards are on the table, that's all that really matters isn't it !) character just struck me:

Amelia 8 - a distinct improvement over all the existing lacklustre Genesis 8 female figures...

Let's see how many people get it...

wink

P.S. Just in case anybody takes offence (I know how thin-skinned 'artists' can be), that was just an amusing (to me - see previous note) tagline for Amelia 8, which you'll appreciate if you get it,and won't if you don't. Of course the existing Genesis 8 female figures aren't really lacklustre...

P.S. - I think I have an idea for Sothoth rhymes -combinations of '-oth' adjectives (including, but not limited to, adjectival nouns and/or nounish adjectives) and '-oth' nouns,i.e. - things like 'Goth moth', 'Behemoth moth', 'moth froth',etc...

+ + +

Edit: My first new render for a couple of months is now posted over on the It's Raining Men contest thread here it's...

...The High Priest Of Quetzalkebabshop

I rather like (possiblyeven prefer) the Z depth render, attached below...

Edit (June2019): I think Snarly Charlie should have a go at this outfit...

Render 1.jpg
    832 x 832 - 25K
    edited March 2022

Getting back to the important stuff, i.e. Yog-Sothoth rhymes, how about*:

Poetry Corner - Part 2

(part 1 - part 2 - part 3)
    (Note: tum ti tums, lah di dahs, etc, aren't the actual words. They're just rhythmic placeholders until the appropriate words appear. Except for sometimes)

By the power of great Yog-Sothoth***, may you be subject to Thoth wroth**,

May you bulbs lamps be gunked with moth froth, may your cups of tea herbal brews turn Goth broth,

By the grace of Saint Ophelia (or the wooden spoon of Delia (again)), may your trolley wheels get squealier,
    May your fishcakes all be eelier, may your cat be called Cordelia,

May your boss get touchy-feelier, may your sittings all be kneelier,
    May your car be a three-wheelyer, may the croupier fail to deal ya,
    May your standing be more kneelier,  ...

By the horns and ears of Krampus, may you lose your way on campus,
    May your keyboard lose its ampers-and (so that you have to use the '+' sign instead, or even type 'a' - 'n' - 'd')
    May your innards all turn outwards, may your pourings be non-spoutwards,
    May your facelifts migrate chinwards, may the crawlies all creep skinwards,
    boo be doo be doo be binwards, wakka wakka wakka thin words,
    May your creepies all be crawlier, may your health be ever poorlier,
    May your quanta all be Paulier, may di dah de dah di ballier,
    By the 'ead of Edward Woodward****, may your couture style be Westwood*****,
    may ti tum ti tum ti eastward, lah di dah di dah di Deadwood,

Making up these sort of rhyming couplets can be quite amusing. The only trouble is that once you've started it's difficult to stop - I may be adding more to the bit above.

So if anybody else has fallen into this trap then you're welcome to work it out of your system by posting your endeavours here on this thread (provided your incantations remain within the DAZ forums terms of service of course)

*Sample incantation/curse copyright ©☠ 2018 Grizhelda Gray-Grackles The Witch Sorceress - any unauthorized use of this incantation, whether in part or in full, will result in a visit from Squeakums
    **I didn't know that 'wroth' was a real (albeit archaic) word till it jumped out at me from a website...
    ©™®☠ ab aeterno The Elder Gods
    ****begetter of one of the world's best joke couplets: What do you call a man with a plank on his head ? Edward. What do you call a man with three planks on his head ? Edward Woodward.
    *****Vivienne

edited June 2019

Edit: forgot to mention that this was what I referred to back there with the "Remember the cyberbabes ? Well... soon..." comment.

Shh ! I'm Hiding !

CyberbabeImposter.jpg
    832 x 832 - 74K
    edited December 2018

I don't remember doing this one ?

Miss May And The Dragon

MissMay.jpg
    862 x 862 - 107K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You did that one for the Month of the Dragon I do belive Pete!!

• So I did - the original post is here. I think it was from a photoshoot for a 'Hungry Dragons' calendar...

And there's a second render I'd also forgotten about on that thread here. No title, just a tagline...

"I suppose you think that's funny, eh ? Getting me all excited by telling me to come and see the new poster saying that we're in charge this month..."

edited December 2018

Here's another old one I just found on ShareCG:

149789.jpg
    861 x 862 - 100K
    edited December 2018

...and off we go again, uploading some more old renders I found elsewhere...

Snarly Charlie Perhaps ?

146634.jpg
    919 x 862 - 248K
    edited December 2018

The Spirit Bridge

This is probably one of my favourites.

145173.jpg
    928 x 862 - 175K
    edited December 2018

From my ShareCG gallery (which also has a few earlier versions of this here)

The Curse Of The Pharaoh's Tomb

(not sure if this is okay for the DAZ forums, but it does pass the "is it less gruesome than the promo for RawArt's Severed Man in the DAZ store" test)

141625.jpg
    810 x 842 - 70K
    edited December 2018

Another juicy one that also passes the "is it less gruesome than the promo for RawArt's Severed Man in the DAZ store" test

The Angel Of Death

get_image.php.jpg
    1016 x 862 - 88K
    edited December 2018

Winged Assassin

get_image.php.jpg
    897 x 839 - 87K
    edited December 2018

Cast Down

139562.jpg
    1000 x 1109 - 140K
    edited December 2018

How Utterly Delightful ! Lunch Is Trying To Escape !

get_image.php.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 127K
    edited December 2018

The Light Within

(An edited Apophysis fractal - unfortunately I didn't save the original flame)

129437.jpg
    825 x 836 - 201K
    edited December 2018

How about...

"By the balls* of great Yog-Sothoth, may you be the only Hoth goth,"

*Nooo... not the rude dangly ones -YS doesn't have/need those. Balls, as in 'orbs' or 'globes'

Interestingly (if it interests you) calling on 'Father Christmas' would work butcalling on 'Santa Claus' wouldn't. I.e. "By the tum-ti Fa-ther Christ-mas,..." fits, but "By the tum-ti-tum San-ta Claus" doesn't,despite both being the prescribed 8 syllables. I think it's all to do with stressed syllables (tums) and unstressed (tis). Of course there are cunning (and not so cunning) ways to make it work, e.g. "tum-ti-tum-ti-tum-ti San-ta"

edited January 2019

Time to get back to doing what I'm best at - stupid stuff !

You're NOT Leaving This House Dressed Like THAT, Young Lady !

(I got bored before I got round to doing the background)

Mum+Dad01.jpg
    832 x 832 - 61K
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Wow, I managed to miss the fact that there were multiple updates! It was just a couple of days ago that I wondered "What's keeping 3dcheapskate too busy to post?"

I love Snarly Charlie, so hopefully we'll se more of him. laugh That last picture reminds me of a story (from a forum way back in the day) where a teenager rebelled against her skanky parents by dressing really conservatively. They responded by mostly pretending she didn't exist.

edited January 2019

Well... ?

You should consider yourself lucky that your mother didn't find... this...

I think this Dad's a really cool character, even with his chainmail speedos. It's a shame that he turned up too late to enter the "It's Raining Men" contest

Render 2.jpg
    834 x 834 - 138K
    edited January 2019
    TigerAnne said:

...just a couple of days ago that I wondered "What's keeping 3dcheapskate too busy to post?"...

Books. Virtual ones. With Stupid Titles. Over on the SM forum - https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/7945/freebie-a-few-books-by-the-cheapskate/122 (<-that link goes tothe wrong post) laugh

( this link actually goes to the correct 'Flounder and Swine' post https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/7945/freebie-a-few-books-by-the-cheapskate/135 and so does this https://forum.smithmicro.com/post/58863 )

Shh ! I'm Hiding !

HAHAHAHA I love this!