Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

@ Dartanbeck

You are definitely a great advocate for Carrara.

I'm looking through it now and it looks like it is going to be easy to figure out the UI. I'm happy with the purchase. I needed V5 and M5 so I could get some people into my renders, so it worked out to be free since I had a former version of Pro. Now to figure out all that goes with incorporating people into my matte images. I imagine that's where I'm going to be spending the real money. Looks like these characters are a hole in the ground to throw money in to get a good library. Guess I better start checking out tut's on making my own clothes.

I seem to be a bit mental on that. I love incorporating animals into renders, but people just never interested me. I wish a new generation of animals were quicker to show up here. Alessandro_AM's stuff is quite nice though and so is the Genesis Gorilla and the new Horse. I'm using them a lot. We need some new higher res African animals.

Thanks again for the helpful info. I suspect you will be creating some great animations and I'll watch for them.

I also need to amend my remarks about free stuff. I should have said among the free stuff is a lot of stuff I'll never use, but some of it is actually quite nice from many sources. I don't want to slight those kind enough to post useful stuff for free. I was frustrated after so many hours of deleting stuff I download like a junkie :blank: Lesson learned. Bookmark the sites and then download only what I need, when I need it.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

So with the super-powerful abilities within the texture room - building shaders has just been infinitized for me. First, just recently, I bought the Advance Pack from here at DAZ, which is a huge collection (much greater than I originally expected) of additional features and functions - many of which are shader additions.

Gotta ask, what is 'Advance Pack'? You tweaked my curiosity :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:

So with the super-powerful abilities within the texture room - building shaders has just been infinitized for me. First, just recently, I bought the Advance Pack from here at DAZ, which is a huge collection (much greater than I originally expected) of additional features and functions - many of which are shader additions.

Gotta ask, what is 'Advance Pack'? You tweaked my curiosity :)Inagoni Plugins Collection! sold here, at DAZ 3D
    Inagoni's Site has the info on all of them. The only two that are not in the Advance Pack are "Shaper" and the free OSG Plug. Everything else on that page is in there! Whew! It's killer!

edited December 1969

@ Dartanbeck

You are definitely a great advocate for Carrara.

I'm looking through it now and it looks like it is going to be easy to figure out the UI. I'm happy with the purchase. I needed V5 and M5 so I could get some people into my renders, so it worked out to be free since I had a former version of Pro. Now to figure out all that goes with incorporating people into my matte images. I imagine that's where I'm going to be spending the real money. Looks like these characters are a hole in the ground to throw money in to get a good library. Guess I better start checking out tut's on making my own clothes.

I seem to be a bit mental on that. I love incorporating animals into renders, but people just never interested me. I wish a new generation of animals were quicker to show up here. Alessandro_AM's stuff is quite nice though and so is the Genesis Gorilla and the new Horse. I'm using them a lot. We need some new higher res African animals.

Thanks again for the helpful info. I suspect you will be creating some great animations and I'll watch for them.

I also need to amend my remarks about free stuff. I should have said among the free stuff is a lot of stuff I'll never use, but some of it is actually quite nice from many sources. I don't want to slight those kind enough to post useful stuff for free. I was frustrated after so many hours of deleting stuff I download like a junkie :blank: Lesson learned. Bookmark the sites and then download only what I need, when I need it.

Are these the Animals you were talking about?
    One of the areas I really wanted more of was monsters. Genesis has that category wrapped up really well right now, and I hope that they'll never stop expanding that!

I like to advocate Carrara! :)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:

Gotta ask, what is 'Advance Pack'? You tweaked my curiosity :)

Inagoni Plugins Collection! sold here, at DAZ 3D
    Inagoni's Site has the info on all of them. The only two that are not in the Advance Pack are "Shaper" and the free OSG Plug. Everything else on that page is in there! Whew! It's killer!

Whoa, didn't realize you could buy Inagoni direct from DAZ. I've previously purchased Veloute and Architools, but did it from the Inagoni site. Looks like the price for Architools has come down quite a bit from when I bought it! I'm apparently handicapped at every other kind of modeling (cause I suck), but I actually find Architools easy and fun to use. Got to break it out again and build some houses and stuff :)

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    I'm apparently handicapped at every other kind of modeling (cause I suck) :)
    I find that hard to believe. Here's a question for you:
    Have you ever been taught?
    It truly helps to get a start in modeling with an instructor going: "Okay, first I want you to drop in a cube. Here's how. Now go to the panel on th.... etc., for at least a couple sessions at the very least. A very inexpensive way to begin with that is PhilW's Advanced Carrara Techiniques, like you likely already have. If the problem comes up (happens all the time) where the instructions aren't showing you a particular style of object, or whatever, so you feel somewhat off balance... look around under the topic that you want to end up making. You'll likely find some hints. For modeling in any software... and tutorials will help - even though some tools go by other names. Why am I saying all of this to jonstark? He knows this already... and was just being mean to himself! Well stop it. jon's my friend and I don't want you saying that shxx about him!
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

ARG is it REALLY so hard for Daz to tell us when the prices will end on the discounts????

I want to know whether its worth saving the money towards next month, when I may possibly be able to afford it- IF its still on discount/sale. If not, then its not worth saving towards and I may as well go renew my Prime membership at Rosity instead.... Especially if Carrara goes off sale and stops the 50% off for previous owners. If it goes up in price, it's out of my wishlist entirely.

i can't get it now, that's out of the question. But Daz isn't giving me any hope at the moment for a future purchase either.

HOW LONG WILL THE DISCOUNTS AND SALE PRICE RUN FOR????

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It was the weekend and now it is 05:24 - a bit early, especially for Monday.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=220

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    It was the weekend and now it is 05:24 - a bit early, especially for Monday.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=220

Understood...> but it is Daz's policy in the last year to NOT say when some sales or discounts end, to buyer detriment. It is likely to create a sense of buyer urgency, and tho I have been told that store software somehow can't list sale or discount end dates- there's no reason that banners or emails can't include that particular information. This is just building frustration with Daz recurring refusal to inform buyers. And missing out on sales and discounts because of it.

• mishamisha Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Just repeating beloveddalia's question, as I'd like to know too.

How very odd that they would state extended on the thread title without letting us know till when. That is some strange customer relations.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited September 2013

misha said:
    Just repeating beloveddalia's question, as I'd like to know too.

How very odd that they would state extended on the thread title without letting us know till when. That is some strange customer relations.

Oh Daz is keeping it a secret because they don't know the answer themselves.

Well that's my educated guess anyway ;)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Well I took the plunge and got Carrara 8.5 Pro plus PC 3 month sub to bring the price down got it all for $109.50 which though not cheap was actually a bargain for me all the same since you got V5 and M5 Pro Bundles as part of the package (I never got around to buying them) so I saved heaps. :D

edited September 2013

ghosty12 said:
    Well I took the plunge and got Carrara 8.5 Pro plus PC 3 month sub to bring the price down got it all for $109.50 which though not cheap was actually a bargain for me all the same since you got V5 and M5 Pro Bundles as part of the package (I never got around to buying them) so I saved heaps. :D
    Big time!
    Isn't it great - that wonderful feeling - downloading all of that killer product? I just love it!
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

When using auto-fit the "what type of item" listbox offers no choices. Why is that?

edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    When using auto-fit the "what type of item" listbox offers no choices. Why is that?
    That means that there are no options installed for the selection. UNSUPPORTED still works quite well in many situations. When you have options, that simply means that it will have the base mesh information of that selection to go by when translating how to alter the shape. At this stage in time, it likely means that you're using Genesis 2 Female.

There is a V4 ghost product available for her. I have a feeling that this product will add V4 to the list - but in the known issues, the shoes still won't work for Auto-fit. For Genesis, I have all of the Iconic Shapes files. Whenever I added one, those shapes would show up in the auto-fit.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I was using plain old Genesis. Also I think we may be talking about different things. The figure options (M4, V4, etc) do show up, the problem is with the other choice, what kind of clothing is being converted (pants, shirt, etc). That one is empty.

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

I'm back after a long time, but when I try to get Carrara 8.5 into my cart I get the message 'The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1.', although my cart is empty. Seems I have to leave here again without a purchase...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

remove it from you cart and log out. Clear your cache then log back in and add again.

edited December 1969

Move something (anyting) to your cart, the cart shows, delete the unwanted item.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Anyway: I am contacting support now about the associated files to my Carrara 8 upgrade product - staticdrifter: I would recommend you do the same....

Update...
    I contacted Sales support first, because I thought they are responsible for file to product association.
    Britney told me to contact Technical support ... did that and waited some days ...
    now I am told by Crissie that she is filing it with the web department. ...

• WadeWattsWadeWatts Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well it was with excitement and trepidation that I bought Carrara Pro 8.5!

Now she is downloading and soon will be installed on my Mac! How exciting is that?

Thanks to this community and DAZ and all the people who work there for making the dream a reality!

Thanks!!!

edited December 1969

Dell said:
    Well it was with excitement and trepidation that I bought Carrara Pro 8.5!

Now she is downloading and soon will be installed on my Mac! How exciting is that?

Thanks to this community and DAZ and all the people who work there for making the dream a reality!

Thanks!!!

I agree... very exciting! As i will never forget how, from within this community, You, Dell, helped me big time in getting suited up in my first copy of Carrara. You have my forever thanks! ;)
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The 8.5 Pro Native Content that has the Benjamin for M5 shaders can't be downloaded currently.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    The 8.5 Pro Native Content that has the Benjamin for M5 shaders can't be downloaded currently.

agreed looks like it has done a vanishing act

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA just so that you know I have asked for this to be reported as soon as that are up and working in DAZ Land.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

thanks NielV,

I know right now from a support ticket I have filed when 8.5 first was release, that is still open and getting updated, is that DAZ is having trouble trouble getting everything to show up in the 8.5 Pro. Only so many separate products can be placed inside a product from what I've been told and which is preventing everything that ought to be in 8.5 Pro be in it as it is at the limit of products that can go in it.

Only reason I found out it was missing was I was doing an update to the Genesis products thread in the Commons and wanted to see if the Genesis hair Caps ever got added to it..

edited December 1969

I just noticed the Genesis hair caps are still not there I have asked for that to be looked at as well

• Falke 3DFalke 3D Posts: 9
    edited September 2013

I see nothing of the Offered price in my shopping cart
    or see something written by the commitments. The price is still significantly higher, despite user access.
    I am / was 8.5 Carrara users (limited license numbers), last Pro full version.

Zwischenablage01.jpg
    608 x 726 - 325K
    Post edited by Falke 3D on
  • ken_55397c1081ken_55397c1081 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Falke 3D said:
    I think price of the Offered anything in my shopping cart
    or commitments.
    I am / was 8.5 Carrara users (limited license numbers), last Pro full version.

I got the same offer as this, but it's showing $166 which almost seems like it's not removing the PC discount from the list. Anyone else seeing this?

• GSSEVGSSEV Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

I just did this and it only goes to $166 right through to the sign in for paypal which I didn't do as I would like to see it at $85 before I commit to the paypal payment.