!! Carrara Challenge 44 - Any Element, Not Just the 5th WIP Thread

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,531

an overall view and five views from element to element.

Very interesting combination !!

Here are the render passes. (Straight, coverage, post effect, shadow).

Hope you have got time to do the renders you want to, know the Christmas/New Year period is very busy for some people !!!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    edited January 2019

Happy New Year Carrara Community!!

Over the holiday visitng my Mom my idea evolved. Very briefly, using some old drawings from my childhood as blueprints for models, thought I'd use them in an outdoor composition. (It's been done before, I thought I was being clever until I Googled it...lol)

Anyway, they will be flying kites - air element, plus lots of multipass mattes.

This is a test using Carrara's native 3D paint features for crayon texture scribbles.

Cheers all!

green_guy_test_001.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 56K
    green)guy_test_vertex_001.jpg
    1388 x 1099 - 180K
    green_guy_scan_web.jpg
    877 x 624 - 107K
    Post edited by DesertDude on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,950
    MDO2010 said:

Great work from everyone so far - some very inspiring stuff!

I've got an idea for this one and meant to work on it today, until my mom's computer "freaked out" and I had to go do tech support. Turns out the motherboard was bad - or at least that's the most likely issue after about two hours of Google search led troubleshooting and fix attempts. Since it was just a cheap email-and-solitaire desktop and about eight years old I went out and bought her a new one and spent the day tranferring all her files from dropbox (sooo glad I set that up for her, so I didn't have to figure out how to get her files off the old computer which just keeps restarting every few seconds), installing updates and software, etc. Fun. sad

So, hopefully tomorrow I can get something started . laugh

when mine did that it turned out to be a corrupt stick of RAM

_+my old H-P did Also  _remove the Stick and Running again_

I love the game battleship!

heart

and blackhats v whitehats

how cool is that!

+1 yes

+2  yes

edited January 2019

Over the holiday visitng my Mom my idea evolved. Very briefly, using some old drawings from my childhood as blueprints for models, thought I'd use them in an outdoor composition. (It's been done before, I thought I was being clever until I Googled it...lol)

This is a test using Carrara's native 3D paint features for crayon texture scribbles.

Cheers all!

_  _also could use Krita (Free and kind of like Corel Painter)  to make textures

Post edited by ed3D on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cotton candy cloud puffs wip44-Myst1

ch44.JPG
    1007 x 490 - 98K
    Doc25.png
    740 x 480 - 252K
    ch44.JPG
    1007 x 490 - 98K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Stuff from me, this uses Ocean (thing on top) and the foundtain particle - I also replicated small red fogs around the genesisi figure (thankls so much Alberto!! I can now use Genesis without filling up my harddrive)

Used multipasses in post work for the first two. The last one is original render without post I was playing with the Parchment effect but failed...  the lighting is blowon out because I was interested in the Shadow Pass. The back two Geneisi figures are reflections

Used VWD for the cloth drape and Carrara Rain Storm for the odd diagonal shafts and the water splashes

Like the top one best !!!

thanks Bunyip02 - me too :)

MAJourney said:

Auuuuuggghhh..;. not happy with the shape, but...

shape looks fast, I like it, what were you trying for? I just read the manual section on hair yesterday - boy lots of stuff I never knew !

Cheers all!

how cool is that? love this idea - combing the two disparate elements to achieve a common unity

Mystarra said:

summed up the time of year beauytifully - and made me hungry at the same time!

very miuch a work in progress - musch of the small groundcover and the little flowres are made from the fountain primitive  - clikcen for bigif you liketo see the fountains

still working on the lighting and might add a bump map to the water to simulate ripples etc - also used splats in the background - plenty of hairs as grass

havent quite got the fresnel bits sorted

will put itup as freebie when I get a chance and it is finished

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor, water and nature

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

awww so pretty Headwax/Andy heart

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

+1  the touch of violet compliments the colour palatte

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,027
    edited January 2019

Great stuff, everyone.  Happy New Year!

I only have intermittent WiFi while traveling.  Will get home and catch up more formally soon.  Meanwhile, here is a little inspiration, BURN from postmodernjukebox.  Make sure to watch enough to catch the flame-o-phone.

click to play

Post edited by Diomede on

Mystarra said:

+1  the touch of violet compliments the colour palatte

thank you both - lot of fun doing a compliacted scene and discovering how to do stuff - like splats' transmaps dont play with fog well

fenric's port of ivymaker also comes in handy as does filter forge for making rock textures and moss and using a terrain blender to blend the two 

I only have intermittent WiFi while traveling.  Will get home and catch up more formally soon.  Meanwhile, here is a little inspiration, BURN from postmodernjukebox.  Make sure to watch enough to catch the flame-o-phone.

click to play

thanks Ted, wish I had sound on this computer ;)

early try with some ripples and place holder lillies

Image may contain: outdoor

ed3D said:

Cheers all!

_  _also could use Krita (Free and kind of like Corel Painter)  to make textures

Hello ed3D, are you joining in the fun this time around ?

Mystarra said:

Looking good Misty - Carrara X, love it !!!

early try with some ripples and place holder lillies

Image may contain: outdoor

Awesome, just needs some Platypus and Kingfishers !!!

click to play

If they keep that up there's gonna be a burn mark on the ceiling (love the fire extinguisher) !!

great idea - the treatment of each really shows off carrara - nice work ;0

inspiration:

1. Keep of the four worlds, from amber books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_of_Amber

2. Creation, form the game: Exalted.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Creation

3. chinese elements, first from a Gurps book.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/chineseelementalpowers/

Very inspirational.  I have to explore the links some more.  

Crewmen aboard

Feel like I am there!  Love the colors.  One of your best, IMHO.

edited January 2019

Stuff from me, this uses Ocean (thing on top) and the foundtain particle - I also replicated small red fogs around the genesisi figure (thankls so much Alberto!! I can now use Genesis without filling up my harddrive)

Used multipasses in post work for the first two. The last one is original render without post I was playing with the Parchment effect but failed...  the lighting is blowon out because I was interested in the Shadow Pass. The back two Geneisi figures are reflections

Used VWD for the cloth drape and Carrara Rain Storm for the odd diagonal shafts and the water splashes

Great to see the original and some results from post.  Spectacular, as always.  I like the concept of the reflections.  Inclusion in fina appear very subtle.  Has anyone figured out a way to change the shape of the fountain particles?  I've tried some shaders but have not liked the results.

Post edited by Diomede on
    MAJourney said:

Auuuuuggghhh..;. not happy with the shape, but...

Without knowing for sure what shape you are aiming for, I'd say that you are doing great.  The top fringe of the hair looks terrific (uneven).  Keep experimenting with the brush and the shaders and I'm sure you can realize your vision.

Cheers all!

Talk about fun!  Such a creative project and a wonderful way to get an idea.  The figure model is really splendid  I think it is totally original (what does Google know?).  Any hints on which multipass renders you might incorporate, and why you will choose them?

Mystarra said:

I think we established that cotton candy was an element.  My experience is that it has a half life of about 2 minutes.  blush

Very festive.  A true celebration of Carrara.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

ed3D said:

Thanks for the suggestion ed3D - I see there is a Mac version. :)

how cool is that? love this idea - combing the two disparate elements to achieve a common unit

Thanks Headwax, hoping I can pull it off. Got knocked out by the flu for a few days - today is the first day I feel like doing anything.

Talk about fun!  Such a creative project and a wonderful way to get an idea.  The figure model is really splendid  I think it is totally original (what does Google know?).  Any hints on which multipass renders you might incorporate, and why you will choose them?

Thanks Diomede. I was making more of a reference to children's drawings being converted to 3D models...thought I had thought of something 'new' - lol.

Passes planned to use: Material Diffuse as a base; Depth and various Shadow passes to tint and color the shadows; Fragment Coverage to add some subtle Light Wrap effects...hmmm alpha mattes for specific objetcs/figures...those are off the top of my head.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Wild Seas stormified

Next to add some passengers to the ship and some lightning. Volumetric Cloud used for the storm cloud.

I recognise that boat!

looking great yes

so much has been done over the festive season... awesome WiPs... now to try and get back into the swing of things, still have family and Grandkids staying with us over the holidays so limited with time. I have cicada shells scattered everywher..

love what you did with your drawings desertdude... makes me wish I still had mine when I was a kid...

Crewmen aboard

Feel like I am there!  Love the colors.  One of your best, IMHO.

Thanks Diomede !!!