WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER FREEBIE CHALLENGE !!!

music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
edited September 2013 in Freebies

... Welcome one, welcome all ...

Well the summer is closing to and end, the beaches will be dying down soon, but the boys of Summer will hang with the hot wheels through it all.

The theme for this month will be:

BOYS OF SUMMER AND THEIR HOT WHEELS

This will be renders of late summer catch ups before fall comes. In each render there must be a HOT ROD wheels of some sort that is there in the render. It can be a car, truck, wagon, hot wheel, skates, rollerblades, anything that makes a kid mobile. These must all be kids or teens that are ending up their vacation times. You may also have any adults in the render as well if you like, but it must contain one toddler, kid, or teen in it as well with their HOT WHEELS!

RULES WILL REAMAIN AS THEY ARE POSTED NOW...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/

I will need three judges...please pm me if you want to apply.

Prizes will be from our two sponcers... DAZ...Jaderail

Daz:

1st prize - $15.00 GC to the Daz store.
2nd prize - $12.00 GC to the Daz Store.
3rd prize - $8.00 GC to the Daz store.

Jaderail:

1st prize - $25.00 GC to Daz store.
2nd prize - $20.00 GC to Daz store.
3rd prize - $15.00 GC to Daz store.

Music2u4u:

I will be donating something this month as always. I will let you folks know what it is later.

ANY OTHER DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please pm me.

SO...THAT ABOUT DOES IT, WITH ALL THIS SAID...

LET'S GET READY TO RRRRRRUUUUUUUUUMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

sounds like a fun one again music, does that cover 4-wheelers too?

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    sounds like a fun one again music, does that cover 4-wheelers too?

If it gots wheels...and it can move...it can be used. HOT ROD!

Here is an example...as summer comes to an end, young Magen takes in the last of the late day sun as it begins to set. The wind blows a sweet sea brine her way as she captures this moment to be remembered for the rest of he life. Summer ends.

:-)

56SafariBeachDaz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 200K
    edited December 1969

I may have to find the time this month, we are avid ATVers and have had them and jeeps around forever my honey proposed to me in the dunes at Pismo Beach some ahem.... Many years ago. We got our kids hooked, their friends and family hooked, and noe we are working on the next generation

edited December 1969

Was it boat races you were into?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Was it boat races you were into?

I thought the term was "submarine races"... ;-)
    edited December 1969

Here is this month's banner. Just copy and paste it to your computer. Go to your profile and browse for it in your signature and select it where you copied it to.

September2013.jpg
    468 x 60 - 24K
    edited September 2013

Robkelk has a mini contest going for this month too. In another thread.

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited September 2013
    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Not sure I am able to enter this time.. (no idea what cars and such I have lol) though, just for clarification... as it says Boys in the title, I assume it has to be males right? That was my first impression, until I saw that girl with her lovely car :) So felt it better to ask for a wee bit of a clarification *smiles sheepishly*

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Well I guess "boys and their toys" has a sort of ring to it, but yes I know quite a few females who are also "petrol heads"

Heck I can remember back in the day I was always in demand because I was good at cutting out cork shapes to put in the clutch plates on old motor bikes. Do you remember them Music?

http://johnjenkinson.tripod.com/clutch.html

Post edited by Chohole on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Music, be honest: who needs a car when you have the sea? A towel is, in my humble opinion, a more comfortable place to recline... :P

I'm preparing something as a prize and I'll PM you to see if it can be donated.

edited December 1969

Now just to clearify this theme...It must be an "end of summer" time when all kids and/or teens have to get ready to return home from vacation. This is when all the teen boys gather their cars together and all the kids get their bikes out, skates out, blades out, wagons out, trikes out...etc. If it can move you, it's a hot wheel. We all had them as kids. Mine was my 1960s gold "stingray" bicycle, with a white bananna seat, sissy bar, high handlebars and dirt treaded tires. I loved that bike!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Now just to clearify this theme...It must be an "end of summer" time when all kids and/or teens have to get ready to return home from vacation. This is when all the teen boys gather their cars together and all the kids get their bikes out, skates out, blades out, wagons out, trikes out...etc. If it can move you, it's a hot wheel. We all had them as kids. Mine was my 1960s gold "stingray" bicycle, with a white bananna seat, sissy bar, high handlebars and dirt treaded tires. I loved that bike!

But what about the teen girls who also want to get their wheels out :roll:

edited December 1969

You can use them in any of these renders.

Guys with hot wheels need girls to show their hot wheels off to!

edited December 1969

As the end of summer closes in, Shelly sits and watches the tide roll in thinking back on the fun she had this summer. She always hates to go back home.

BeachHouseBlues1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 739K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

But that is still Sexist. Some girls want their own Hot wheels. I have always been the main driver in our house, both with last hubby and with current partner. 2nd Hubby didn't drive at all, himself does drive, but if I am available he prefers that I do the driving when we go anywhere.

Just saying. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

I have to agree with cho on this one, I'm a girl and had many toys with 4 wheels. Learned to drive at 11 with a jeep off-road climbing hills with the big boys.

edited September 2013

My friends used to take the P out of some of the old rust buckets I drove around, including one I took one weekend on a trip about 200 miles each way, needed bump starting every time I stopped the engine. One friend asked me if I wanted him to look at my starter motor, so I opened the boot (trunk I think to you) and took the starter motor out and gave it to him. He was amazed that I would dare make the journey with no starter motor coupled up to the car. I told him I had a new one coming, but it wouldn't arrive for a few days, so it was the only way I could have done the trip.

I did have 2nd hubby, one of my sons and his friend in the car with me, so had willing hands to push me if I couldn't park on a downhill bit for the bump start.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Seems to me that we are developing a very interesting idea for a render. The girls vs boys. Do I see Rebel without a Cause?

edited December 1969

hmmm more like nowadays

rebel_withouut_claws.jpg
    500 x 428 - 42K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    hmmm more like nowadays

Awh what they make poor kitties do these days.
    edited September 2013

Yeah...but the bitty leather jacket is cool!

All prizes from me are sent to the winners for the August challenge.

Daz has your email addies...keep an eye out for them too.

I am sure Jaderail is working on giving his prizes too, as well as Ceclilia.robinson.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Seems to me that we are developing a very interesting idea for a render. The girls vs boys. Do I see Rebel without a Cause?

Could very well be...that is the summer end I was looking for.

AND YES! Girls can have hot wheels too!

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    I have to agree with cho on this one, I'm a girl and had many toys with 4 wheels. Learned to drive at 11 with a jeep off-road climbing hills with the big boys.

Then let's see what you got! The bigger, the badder, the better.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    music2u4u said:

But that is still Sexist. Some girls want their own Hot wheels. I have always been the main driver in our house, both with last hubby and with current partner. 2nd Hubby didn't drive at all, himself does drive, but if I am available he prefers that I do the driving when we go anywhere.

Just saying. :coolsmirk:

There is a lady...50ish...who drives a silver 1964 Corvette to work sometimes in our building with our clinic. She will park it close to the door though...lol. It is a real looker. Said her dad bought it for her graduation gift way back. She still has it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

This months prizes are now posted to the the First post of the thread. We are back to normal until a new Contest makes me feel the need to lose my mind again. Hoping that is soon. Luck to all.

P.S. I am okay just need less time on my feet I'm told, or in my case feet under desk.

EDIT: You should all have your Prizes from last month from me in your PM's please check.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:

Could very well be...that is the summer end I was looking for.

AND YES! Girls can have hot wheels too!

(looks at collection of new and old freebies gathered so far) Good, good...

Those wheels - two is enough, right?

edited December 1969

Oh, yes - I am definitely not planning something based on this - treads aren't wheels. But it's amazing what Japanese cartoons will put schoolgirls into, isn't it?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Oh, yes - I am definitely not planning something based on this - treads aren't wheels. But it's amazing what Japanese cartoons will put schoolgirls into, isn't it?

Do you mean the tank? There is a box that says "Sorry our service is not available in your country", so I don't know what's in that box on the left.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:

Do you mean the tank? There is a box that says "Sorry our service is not available in your country", so I don't know what's in that box on the left.

DanaYes. The show's name translates as "Girls and Panzer," and the girls are part of the tank-warfare club in school. They fight other such clubs at other schools...

it's a thoroughly-silly premise, but the girls are cute, so guys watch the show.