WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER FREEBIE CHALLENGE !!!

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Okay I just got'ta tell my news. I am so excited. One of my renders got selected for Runtimedna image of the week! Weee! I am so happy. Made my day!

Okay back to hot wheels and little ones living the great dream.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Congrats and it's a very powerful image.

edited December 1969

Thank you Sisca. So do you know who the barbarians are?

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

mmalbert said:
    Sorry for the tardy response -- still busy with various other projects -- but I did want to say thanks for the comments on my Cave Boys and Their Toys entry.

Yeah, the girl's supposed to be hitchhiking. She has a couple offers to choose from, the sensible-looking fellow with the sensible family sedan and sensible Cho club -- or the bad boy with with his tricked-out convertible and showy spear. Decisions, decisions...

music2u4u said:
    I will say this again so some of you do not misunderstand the theme. This is NOT A CAR RENDER THEME! I guess the term "Hot Wheels" makes you think it is. Hot Wheels are toys! Thus, the kids. Kids don't drive, but teens do. Thus cars!

BUT....a hot wheel to a kids world can be a wagon, unicycle, bicycle, tricycle, skates, soapbox car, skateboard, home made concoctions, etc. Once again..."anything that can move you about".

Also, it must be a "summer's end" setting.

SO, THIS IS NOT A CAR RENDER THEME!

Whoops. Well, I totally missed the mark on my entry this month. Ha! Oh, well. No time to redo anything, though. Note to self: Pay more attention to opening post next time.

Nope, you did just fine. Real cars are part of teenagers lives.

:-)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Okay I just got'ta tell my news. I am so excited. One of my renders got selected for Runtimedna image of the week! Weee! I am so happy. Made my day!

That's because you do wonderful renders. Give us a link to it so we can all go see it.

edited December 1969

... NOTICE ...

I don't know if I have said this or not, so I will say it now for sure. I want to thank all of you for your participation in last month's challenge. It was our farewell to a wonderful friend who will be missed forever. All of you who came in are sweet loving people and I am honored to be at the head of this table. Thank you, thank you , thank you...oh and did I say thank you? You are some good folks and it's no wonder that our little challenge has gone so far and set records here at the Daz site. It's folks like you that bring new folks to want to be "Dazaholics"...(one of BWSman's favorite words). Just keep being who you all are and let's all have "tooo much fun" for many more years to come.

ok...now I know I have said it.

** ducks flying pies and runs and hides under the bed **

edited December 1969

Oh...also...sorry for the theme this month, I was unaware we didn't have a host for this month and had to come up with something overnight. My appoligies.

BUT...next month is the annual Monster Mash Halloween Bash, so get all those ghosts out of the closet and costumes out of the trunk cause we gonna ROCK!

Plan ahead now.

Theme?...as always...Monsters and Music!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:

That's because you do wonderful renders. Give us a link to it so we can all go see it.

Your wish
    http://www.runtimedna.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastupby&cat=0&pos=0&uid=71544

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

The Barbarians was the band that Ronnie Wood put together with Keith Richards to back up the Stones for their "charity" gigs in Toronto after Keith got popped for trying to bring heroin into Canada. (There is no heroin in Canada.)

The judge ordered Keith to do community work, so he signed up with a second band to accumulate the required hours.

They murdered quite a few songs, but I don't recall them ever actually beheading any people.

Very striking image, Dolly. Congratulations!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    It's folks like you that bring new folks to want to be "Dazaholics".

I don't know if I feel comfortable about being an enabler. DAZ can be dangerous in inexperienced hands, as you can see from Dollygirl's render.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

The Barbarians was the band that Ronnie Wood put together with Keith Richards to back up the Stones for their "charity" gigs in Toronto after Keith got popped for trying to bring heroin into Canada. (There is no heroin in Canada.)

The judge ordered Keith to do community work, so he signed up with a second band to accumulate the required hours.

They murdered quite a few songs, but I don't recall them ever actually beheading any people.

So that is what she hears on the other side of the wall!

Thanks Dorsey.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

I don't know if I feel comfortable about being an enabler. DAZ can be dangerous in inexperienced hands, as you can see from Dollygirl's render.

Oh but you already are. It is all your fault that I can do what I do in my renders! If I didn't have you and LG around to make me want to pull my hair out cause you guys were making it look so easy here in the freebie contest I would not have been brave enough to put something like this render in any gallery.

edited December 1969

Now, Dollygirl, you're being far too modest (and giving me at least too much credit). I've seen your work over at Dreamslayer too, and you're miles ahead of the rest of us.

edited December 1969

I think I've found the trick to not losing your post when you his "Submit" and are bounced off to your account page. The above was my third post today and, for the first two, I copied and saved the text before "submit" and my post went through fine. The third post, the one above, I didn't save, and thus lost it with a detour to Accounts.

So, SAVE your text before hitting "Submit", and the DAZ machinery seems to know automatically that it's incapable of driving you nuts -- until next time.

edited December 1969

Nope, cancel that. I just revisited my account page three more times.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:

Your wish
    http://www.runtimedna.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastupby&cat=0&pos=0&uid=71544

WOW...SCARED ME!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Ahhh...but if it don't kill you, it just makes you hungry....erm....stronger. Sorry, I smell dinner cooking...hehehe.

edited September 2013

Dollygirl said:

I remember that...NOT! I think Keith named that band "The Strolling Bones".

keith-richards1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 196K
    KRichards.jpg
    400 x 373 - 38K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Hot Wheels? Ya mean dem li'l dinky toy t'ings? Naw, we wuz never inta dose t'ings as kids. Fact wuz, we wuz never inta cars much at all when I wuz a kid. We lived in da city...a big city...da biggest, best city in da woild! We didn't need no cars! We had public transportation! We had da city busses, we had da subway, we had da cabs...Nobody owned cars. Da traffic was jus' too bad and dey wuz expencive. Jus' a parkin' spot...if ya could finds one, would cost ya a million bucks a year! Who's got dat kind da money? 'cept dem rich stock breaker types uptown. When I wuz grown' up it weren't like it is t'day. Take my best bud Big Eddie Mac's li'l goil f'instance. Li'l Edie Mac's got her own scooter t' go zippin' round town in. Pretty cool, huh? We jus' usta takes us some old crates an' some baby buggy wheels we pulled outta da trash, slaps 'em t'gether and off we went! No gas, no oil no parkin' tickets and we could go anywheres we wanted. Yeah, I still gots mine and every once inna while I takes it out for a spin jus' t' feel the wind in my hair...hey, no cracks about my hair! Ya kin gets a pretty good head o' steam goin' down gool ol' Suicide Hill in Brooklyn's own Prospect Park. Jus' be sure ya don't go 'round 4:00 in da evenin'...da traffic kin gits pretty thick...

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

4.) The Fedora Registration Required.

5.) 8 TShirts for Genesis Registration Required.

6.) Sickle Skater Shoes for V4, M4 and Unimesh Registration Required.

7.) V4 Bicycle Helmet Registration Required.

8.) Old Rides Soapbox Car. Registration Requried.

9.) Tween Morphs for Genesis Registration Required.

10.) DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required. Used in tweaking Little Edie Mac character for the Genesis Figures.

11.) Minx A4 Skin Texture Only.

12.) Aleona Hair FIXED Registration Required.

13.) Aelis for Genesis Registration Required.

14.) Genesis 50's Style Outfit Registration Required. Shoes Only.

15.) Mini bike NOTE: There's a bug in the ShareCG file, but a direct link to the zip can be found in the text to the right.

16.) Street Construction Set T Intersection Add On Registration Required.

17.) Street Construction Set Telephone Pole Add On Registration Required.

18.) Corner Store 8th Row, 4th Item. Untextured OBJ. Textured in Bryce.

19.) Apartment Entry Untextured. Textures Applied in Bryce.

20.) New Graffiti Wall Set Registration Required. Fire Hydrant Street Grate.

An' a'course...21.) Kirwyn BosTer2 dat @#%$! mutt Boston.

Genesis Base for both figures. Paid: Genesis Face and Body Morphs (for Louie), M4 Skin and M4 Cargo Pants. The milk carton was a prop built and textured in Bryce. As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for signature and copyright notice. Note: Several of the props in this render were either Poser or DAZ Studio shader dependent. In these cases the textures and/or effects, such as metal, were replaced with Bryce preset materials. Your mileage may vary...

Soapbox_Louie.jpg
    566 x 601 - 259K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:

I remember that...NOT! I think Keith named that band "The Strolling Bones".

Not talk about your scarey pictures dang Keith was always kinda scarey looking.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:

Your wish

And dollygirl... You just keep getting better and better.

edited December 1969

Hot Wheels? Ya mean dem li'l dinky toy t'ings? Naw, we wuz never inta dose t'ings as kids. Fact wuz, we wuz never inta cars much at all when I wuz a kid. We lived in da city...a big city...da biggest, best city in da woild! We didn't need no cars! We had public transportation! We had da city busses, we had da subway, we had da cabs...Nobody owned cars. Da traffic was jus' too bad and dey wuz expencive. Jus' a parkin' spot...if ya could finds one, would cost ya a million bucks a year! Who's got dat kind da money? 'cept dem rich stock breaker types uptown. When I wuz grown' up it weren't like it is t'day. Take my best bud Big Eddie Mac's li'l goil f'instance. Li'l Edie Mac's got her own scooter t' go zippin' round town in. Pretty cool, huh? We jus' usta takes us some old crates an' some baby buggy wheels we pulled outta da trash, slaps 'em t'gether and off we went! No gas, no oil no parkin' tickets and we could go anywheres we wanted. Yeah, I still gots mine and every once inna while I takes it out for a spin jus' t' feel the wind in my hair...hey, no cracks about my hair! Ya kin gets a pretty good head o' steam goin' down gool ol' Suicide Hill in Brooklyn's own Prospect Park. Jus' be sure ya don't go 'round 4:00 in da evenin'...da traffic kin gits pretty thick...

2.) Mitch Hair

10.) DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required. Used in tweaking Little Edie Mac character for the Genesis Figures.

15.) Mini bike NOTE: There's a bug in the ShareCG file, but a direct link to the zip can be found in the text to the right.

Genesis Base for both figures. Paid: Genesis Face and Body Morphs (for Louie), M4 Skin and M4 Cargo Pants. The milk carton was a prop built and textured in Bryce. As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for signature and copyright notice. Note: Several of the props in this render were either Poser or DAZ Studio shader dependent. In these cases the textures and/or effects, such as metal, were replaced with Bryce preset materials. Your mileage may vary...

And what would the contest be without a visit from da real man. Another great one LG poor girl has to haul him around, hope he gives her a big tip for it.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Oh...also...sorry for the theme this month, I was unaware we didn't have a host for this month and had to come up with something overnight. My appoligies.

BUT...next month is the annual Monster Mash Halloween Bash, so get all those ghosts out of the closet and costumes out of the trunk cause we gonna ROCK!

Plan ahead now.

Theme?...as always...Monsters and Music!

The theme is a good one for an on the fly thought. A little boy sided but you HAVE stated that girls too can be into cars and wheels. So I see no problem with the theme at all. Seems a bit quite but then Sept is kind of that way with kids back to school and all. I wanted to enter this month but am going to have to do some MAJOR maybe even compete overhaul of my pooter. My honey as discovered chat rooms and can't get enough of them and has picked up some unwanted visitors to my machine. He has been reprimanded LOL but that will mean re putting Poser on the computer again and that all takes forever to do with ALL the crap I have. I sure hope I get it done before the MMHB next month cuz it is one of the funist months we have.

edited December 1969

2.) Mitch Hair

Now this one I am very impressed with. It seems you have actually made the scene setting this time instead of using just a picture for a backdrop. Mighty fine, mighty fine. Also I love the hidden computer navigation system that steers that thing to where he wants to go cause there ain't no steering wheel...lol. It's all in the feet. Nice headlights BTW. Links are good.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Soapbox_Louie.jpg
    566 x 601 - 259K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

2.) Mitch Hair

Now this one I am very impressed with. It seems you have actually made the scene setting this time instead of using just a picture for a backdrop. Mighty fine, mighty fine. Also I love the hidden computer navigation system that steers that thing to where he wants to go cause there ain't no steering wheel...lol. It's all in the feet. Nice headlights BTW. Links are good.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Louie can hold a steering wheel, or he can hold a beer, but there ain't no way he's gonna hold both at the same time! Right, Louie?

edited December 1969

So, I guess a cell phone is outta da question!

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Louie can hold a steering wheel, or he can hold a beer, but there ain't no way he's gonna hold both at the same time! Right, Louie?

Hey, it's gotta cup holder. I ain't no dope...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Congratulations! Spooky. Getting in the mood for next month I see.

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=95666_QJwU1X29Vjk2MUlNNhSt&thumb=1&board_id=1

Another good one! And the story is great! Da Real Man strikes again!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

Congratulations! Spooky. Getting in the mood for next month I see.

Dana

Thanks Dana. More in the mood for Princess Warrior I think. All this talk of girls and wheels. Just thinking of the real Amazons and picturing a little girl with blue eyes and gold hair riding her horse on the high Steps of Tibet and not even knowing that she is a many times great grand daughter of a great Amazon warrior.