WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER FREEBIE CHALLENGE !!!

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited September 2013

DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    Oh, yes - I am definitely not planning something based on this - treads aren't wheels. But it's amazing what Japanese cartoons will put schoolgirls into, isn't it?

Do you mean the tank? There is a box that says "Sorry our service is not available in your country", so I don't know what's in that box on the left.

Dana

Oh, you mean this prepostrosity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy80FhOJQG8

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2013

DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    Oh, yes - I am definitely not planning something based on this - treads aren't wheels. But it's amazing what Japanese cartoons will put schoolgirls into, isn't it?

Do you mean the tank? There is a box that says "Sorry our service is not available in your country", so I don't know what's in that box on the left.

Dana

Oh, you mean this prepostrosity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy80FhOJQG8

That's the one.

Remember, treads aren't wheels...

Post edited by robkelk on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:

Dana

Yes. The show's name translates as "Girls and Panzer," and the girls are part of the tank-warfare club in school. They fight other such clubs at other schools...

it's a thoroughly-silly premise, but the girls are cute, so guys watch the show.

But they're just cartoons. If you want cute and human, watch Hollywood Knights! :lol:

Dana

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:

Dana

Yes. The show's name translates as "Girls and Panzer," and the girls are part of the tank-warfare club in school. They fight other such clubs at other schools...

it's a thoroughly-silly premise, but the girls are cute, so guys watch the show.

Cute?

Oops, my empathy has switched itself off again... :P

I will probably not take part in this challenge - th theme is totally not my cup of tea - but I can donate something. Suggest me what kind of texture can it be (a texture for a freebie sounds reasonably enough as everybody can get it; a texture for MFD or a figure like Generation 4, A3 or Genesis too).

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:

Dana

Cute?

Oops, my empathy has switched itself off again... :P

I will probably not take part in this challenge - th theme is totally not my cup of tea - but I can donate something. Suggest me what kind of texture can it be (a texture for a freebie sounds reasonably enough as everybody can get it; a texture for MFD or a figure like Generation 4, A3 or Genesis too).

Sorry you don't like the theme...I thought it would be something a little different. Not all will play. I am sure any texture you pick to give will be appreciated. You will have to decide what to give though.

:-)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Awful quite in here. Jeeperz? Oh Jeeperz? Where are you? Our favorite pie lady!

flapper-with-pie.jpg
    384 x 500 - 100K
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Awful quite in here. Jeeperz? Oh Jeeperz? Where are you? Our favorite pie lady!

Oh-oh! Locked and loaded! :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Robkelk has a mini contest going for this month too. In another thread.

And that mini-contest is now done. Thanks to everyone who took part, and congratulations to Dorseyland!
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Im here, been at the Dr. All day in town.

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Im here, been at the Dr. All day in town.

Well that is no fun. Hope things came out good for you.

edited December 1969

ok...so, where is everybody? My theme didn't run all the folks off I hope!

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Nope, just busy. I like the theme music. Can't wait to see what come in

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

There's theme music?

I'm plotting an entry. Gotta polish my bike. Music, I had exactly the same bicycle as you when I was a kid! BMX got nothin' on banana seats and high-rise handles.

edited December 1969

Still working on gathering freebies - I only have four so far. (Since those four are the ride, the road, the person's hat, and the person's shoes, I still have room for plenty of other freebies in my image - I really don't want to violate the forum TOS!)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Still working on gathering freebies - I only have four so far. (Since those four are the ride, the road, the person's hat, and the person's shoes, I still have room for plenty of other freebies in my image - I really don't want to violate the forum TOS!)

Oh so we have a brown noser in our midst. You trying to get brownie points with the boss? :P

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:

Oh so we have a brown noser in our midst. You trying to get brownie points with the boss? :P
    Yep! (The last time I cashed in my brownie points, I got a guitar...)

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Quick rules question - I'm using Zev0's Growing Up for one of my main figures and I'd like to have another girl in the background. Does using the same product twice count as a separate paid item?

From my reading of the rules if I use the same freebie multiple times it only counts once so I assume that the same rules apply to paid items but I thought I'd ask before I spend to much time getting stuff to fit.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Quick rules question - I'm using Zev0's Growing Up for one of my main figures and I'd like to have another girl in the background. Does using the same product twice count as a separate paid item?

From my reading of the rules if I use the same freebie multiple times it only counts once so I assume that the same rules apply to paid items but I thought I'd ask before I spend to much time getting stuff to fit.

Your are correct. It is not how many times you use the paid item in the scene but how many paid items are used in the render.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:

A chocolate guitar?...hehehe.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Sisca said:

Your are correct. It is not how many times you use the paid item in the scene but how many paid items are used in the render.

Well said DG.

edited December 1969

One other quick question and I think I'll be ready to post my first entry.

Do things that come as part of Genesis Starter Essentials, for example Wildmane Hair and Sally Mae Hair, get counted as freebies or are they not counted like Genesis itself?

My render is ready either way but I just want to know how to list them in the post.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No Counts

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:

:-)Might have been chocolate, might not - but she was the right color to be chocolate...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:

:-)Might have been chocolate, might not - but she was the right color to be chocolate...

Dunno, that looks sweeter than chocolate to me :).

edited December 1969

Title: Last Run of the Summer

Paid:
    Zev0's Growing Up - morphs for both girls

Not Counted:
    Genesis w/child morph (both boys)
    Genesis 2 Female (both girls)
    Wildmane Hair (Sam's hair)
    Sally Mae Hair (Fan Girls hair)
    Plane Primitive for the finish line

Freebies:
    Samantha Hair: Wancow's Samantha Hair for Genesis *
    Samantha Shoes: Headkase's Sensible Soes 2.0 for V4 *
    Samantha Clothing: Short & Shirt for Genesis *

Sam Morphs: Die Trying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis *
    Sam Shoes: K4 Sickle Teeny Sneakers *
    Sam Shirt: 8 T-Shirts for Genesis *
    Sam Shorts: Wilmaps Genesis Football Kit *

Fan Girl Dress: G2F Childrens Dress *

Fan Boy Shirt: Sickle Snug Tank for Genesis *
    Fan Boy Shorts: Rose's Willow for V4 *
    Fan Boy Shoes: Genesis Bossy Boots *
    Fan Boy Hair: Soto's Flat Top for Genesis *

Fan Boy & Girl poses: Body Talk for Genesis: Arms *
    Fan Boy & Sam Shorts Texture: Wilmaps Assorted Textures 3 *

Carts: Soapbox Cart *
    Cat: 3DU Kitty *
    Astronaut: Mark III Spacesuit

Roadway: Open Road *
    Lights/Background: Shifting Images Mountain Scene *

I think I've gotten everything listed and tested.

SummersLastRun.png
    1920 x 1200 - 3M
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited September 2013

Oooooh!! I like this one! SOOOOOO Many good car Freebies out there. Plus, ya know, GIRLS can love their wheels, too. This is an NAE of my very own 'Stang, as rendered in Vue. I'll never lose her in a parking lot! The bottom one is the real thing. I LOOOOOVE muscle. :D

Also -- Dawn is free at the moment... so we can use her? She has a lovely "young" Morph. And is she a Freebie or a No-Count?

NAE: (& a photo.) :lol:

Stang.jpg
    483 x 603 - 95K
    The_Pony_by_karibous_boutique.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 83K
    Post edited by Karibou on
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:

Excellent! Great late day lighting, posing, expressions.

Dana

edited December 1969

Oooooh!! I like this one! SOOOOOO Many good car Freebies out there. Plus, ya know, GIRLS can love their wheels, too. This is an NAE of my very own 'Stang, as rendered in Vue. I'll never lose her in a parking lot! The bottom one is the real thing. I LOOOOOVE muscle. :D

Also -- Dawn is free at the moment... so we can use her? She has a lovely "young" Morph. And is she a Freebie or a No-Count?

Is that one of the Dreamland models?

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Excellent! Great late day lighting, posing, expressions.

Dana

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Is that one of the Dreamland models?

Dana

Nope. DreamerZLoft. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ponygt-for-poser/68384 I retextured it so that it was my car's color.