off topic thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

hair band?  or hairy band  tee hee

this what they mean by a 'ginger hair' ?

bought my Asterix when i was in Geneva, so is all in French.
    19 years ago  dix noof  ans ,  Oh mon dieu
    ne pas leer, ne pas parl-ay frahn ssay 

superman turning his head to follow flash
    is like soo cree eepee

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    Mystarra said:

this what they mean by a 'ginger hair' ?

bought my Asterix when i was in Geneva, so is all in French.
    19 years ago  dix noof  ans ,  Oh mon dieu
    ne pas leer, ne pas parl-ay frahn ssay 

I only ever met one French man like that - all the other Parisians looked Italian

• I used to read all those Asterix books too, in English but the Library had other languages, I had a video game for my Sega megadrive too, recall tossing menhirs 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited November 2018
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

Worms.... heart

edited November 2018

grab your leaf rakes everyone
    I uploaded an important video, we can all pitch in and help prevent bushfires

you can see it on my channel 

https://www.youtube.com/user/wendyvainity

I decided to remove the direct link before it spontaneously combusted 

bushfires/wildfires do that you know if the undergrowth not frequently raked

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Wendy, I commented in other thread. yesyes

Misty, hope your eye treatments are going well.

Big Thanksgiving holiday approaches here in the States.  I am thankful for Carrara.  Cheers.

edited November 2018

click video

like seagulls fighting over a potato chip

• video click

the Cat equivalent of a Carrara user

bright eyed and bushy tailed

would love a potato chip right naos. or 2.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,190
    Mystarra said:

would love a potato chip right naos. or 2.

Oh-oh. Maybe you have the dreaded gene:

https://www.theonion.com/scientists-discover-gene-responsible-for-eating-whole-g-1819565291

Making my arrangements to travel from Washington, DC to Dallas, Texas for the holidays.  It is roughly the same distance as Paris to Minsk. Just for adventure reasons, am looking for alternatives to flying.  It is crazy.  If I take the Amtrak train, the route goes to Chicago first (and costs more than twice as much as flying).  For those unfamiliar with US geography, it would be like going from Paris to Minsk, but stopping in Rome first.  Adds almost a full day to the travel time.  Guess I will be flying.

the lime thread needs juicy carrara lime laugh

• a silly video by me

first two shots were iClone 5 rest is all Carrara, some of the hair is static dynamic and some same hair made into mesh with Philemo's plugin

think mesh version is a tad faster in Octane

edited December 2018

Post edited by Mistara on
  • I know it's an iClone video

but here is the latest episode of my Tycathian saga

• that cathederal in this metal music video  looks suspiciously like JT's Sacrament

edited December 2018

click video

I made Brian Connolly's hair from The Sweet

this is not him just the hair cheeky

you need no smoothing or geometry changes also applying a shader preset borked it so I manually had to add maps

zip
    zip
    Sweet Glam for G3M.zip
    hair0006.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 361K

thanks Wendy!  I always wanted hair like that! now I can ! :)

edited December 2018

here's some crying ants ;) animated in Carrara with motion thingies

Post edited by Headwax on

click video

you need no smoothing or geometry changes also applying a shader preset borked it so I manually had to add maps

thanks Wendy.

there's a few of my novel characters spawned my my glam metal boy toy fantasies heart, cindarella, dl roth, coverdale. tho i look back now at some of them, cant believe what i was thinkin. like, yuck, now. 

edited December 2018
    Mystarra said:

click video

thanks Wendy.

there's a few of my novel characters spawned my my glam metal boy toy fantasies heart, cindarella, dl roth, coverdale. tho i look back now at some of them, cant believe what i was thinkin. like, yuck, now. 

the hair loads on your jonathon fiine and can add smoothing in render but loading a preset shader seems to muck it up for some reason must affect the UV's manually adding maps is OK I am puzzled by this

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/5f/ac7670e80a53fa2aa73933fdb94f1c.zip

just linking zip as sometimes Carrara hides attachments

maybe its the UV wrap

Making my arrangements to travel from Washington, DC to Dallas, Texas for the holidays.  It is roughly the same distance as Paris to Minsk. Just for adventure reasons, am looking for alternatives to flying.  It is crazy.  If I take the Amtrak train, the route goes to Chicago first (and costs more than twice as much as flying).  For those unfamiliar with US geography, it would be like going from Paris to Minsk, but stopping in Rome first.  Adds almost a full day to the travel time.  Guess I will be flying.

i am taking the train.  A truck hit the train less than an hour after we departed DC  thankfully, no serious injuries to anyone.  But, delayed long time, and then more delays as train must yield right of way in off hours.  They just announced I will miss my connection in Chicago.  Likely will result in my arrival in Texas more than a full day later than scheduled.  

Aargh.

i am taking the train.  A truck hit the train less than an hour after we departed DC  thankfully, no serious injuries to anyone.  But, delayed long time, and then more delays as train must yield right of way in off hours.  They just announced I will miss my connection in Chicago.  Likely will result in my arrival in Texas more than a full day later than scheduled.  

Aargh.

sounds major headache

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

Aargh.

we will expect a render of the situation ASAP devil

tickets please.... for the Polar Express ...

Well, only 8 hours late, but I am in Chicago, everyone on the train missed the connections, and Amtrak has put the lot of us up in hotels until arrangements can be made tomorrow.  I actually did do a render of a desert Southwest landscape while stuck on the train.  Will post it later.  I’m not on my computer right now.

• now there are zombie cyclones

This discussion has been closed.