Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Yea, I get like $166 now... :(

• NoneNone Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

So can someone at Daz suggest what is going on here, all the files required are there, the .cr2 the .duf and the .py - if we dont need CMS now shouldnt they load just fine?

Untitled-2.jpg
    722 x 337 - 109K
    Untitled-1.jpg
    995 x 333 - 150K
    Post edited by None on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

I havent read anywhere what's the difference between standard and pro versions other than getting the V5/M5 starter bundle with one and the v5/M5 Pro bundle with the other. I really wish there was an easy to find feature comparison between the 2 different versions of Carrara 8.5.

David

It's buried, and I don't think it's yet been updated for 8.5...

http://www.daz3d.com/products/carrara/carrara-tech-specs/

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    chohole said:
    3doutlaw said:
    Since we have your attention, Daz_Spooky...any thoughts on plans for Carrara 9? Be nice to know the product is going to move ahead after this! :)
    I thought the plan was already announced. :)

Not on the DAZ 3D Forums, AFAIK

It was carried at Carrara Cafe, I thought it was cross posted here, but apparently not.

http://carraracafe.com/breaking-news-carrara-8-5-to-be-released-end-of-summer-with-several-new-features-carrara-9-to-follow-q1-2014/

"...are working on some plans to release 9.0 either Q4 or Q1 2014"?

The plans are that you have plans? I guess, technically, that answers my question....LOL! Any specific features that you may want to share (since in software speak, Q4/Q1 is right around the corner!) Nothing I can talk about. :)

• WallytheartistWallytheartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Seems nothing is really there but trying to work around... late for work but its okay for me... Really this to have some potential for big files

8-26-2013_3-36-11_PM.jpg
    994 x 283 - 86K
    edited December 1969

wallase said:
    So is this why double characters cannot be imported? Picture below..

also so perhaps i guess importing it in obj format is the next best option.

Where is this location that it cant find the files?

Do you have the Content Directory, not just the Runtime under that directory, that contains Genesis Mapped in Carrara?
    edited December 1969

wallase said:

We are still looking into what is colliding which is causing the problem with multiple versions of Legacy (Poser) figures in a DUF file. All we know right now is that it doesn't work, and the fix that prevented the issue for Genesis, did not fix it.
    edited December 1969

So can someone at Daz suggest what is going on here, all the files required are there, the .cr2 the .duf and the .py - if we dont need CMS now shouldnt they load just fine?
    The CR2 is not really a CR2, it is directing Poser to the accompanying python file. You have to launch the DUF file directly.

CMS is not involved in any of that.

edited August 2013

wallase said:

Do you have the Content Directory, not just the Runtime under that directory, that contains Genesis Mapped in Carrara?

No I do not have Genesis in the File Structured Folder of Carrara 8... Am i to redownload the files for geneis nad redownload specifically to a certain folder in Carrara.. I installed carrara with download install manager from DAZ. Perhaps that must be the wishy washy part.

For now I am just copying things back and forth. atleast it is giving me more than just blank Carrara 8.5 Pro.
    Also whenever i open links i had for Carrara 8.1 it just simply goes to Carrara 8.5 pro... its okay for me, but not sure if for everyone else... perhaps we need a new thread.
    So that we can associate confusing with pictures and back up from other users.

The picture below.. two files opened at same time.. But I closed Carrara and tried to open something else... but in this error the two files seemed to be meshed together somewhere in which i cannot see.
    but note i closed carrara and opened again to open a file that it could probably open.. it did with small things.. but not of importance to me.

8-26-2013_3-30-15_PM.jpg
    1594 x 804 - 241K
    Post edited by Wallytheartist on
    edited August 2013

wallase said:

No I do not have Genesis in the File Structured Folder of Carrara 8... Am i to redownload the files for geneis nad redownload specifically to a certain folder in Carrara.. I installed carrara with download install manager from DAZ. Perhaps that must be the wishy washy part.

For now I am just copying things back and forth. atleast it is giving me more than just blank Carrara 8.5 Pro.
    Also whenever i open links i had for Carrara 8.1 it just simply goes to Carrara 8.5 pro... its okay for me, but not sure if for everyone else... perhaps we need a new thread.

The picture below.. two files opened at same time.. But I closed Carrara and tried to open something else... but in this error the two files seemed to be meshed together somewhere in which i cannot see.
    but note i closed carrara and opened again to open a file that it could probably open.. it did with small things.. but not of importance to me.

Step 5 of http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/carrara/8_5/userguide/getting_started/tutorials/setup_guide/start shows you how to get that set up.
    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

wallase said:

Step 5 of http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/carrara/8_5/userguide/getting_started/tutorials/setup_guide/start shows you how to get that set up.

OMG i just realized now.. So maybe we need to setup and install Carrara Seperately from Daz Install Manager.
    Because we cant setup a folder for Carrara 8.5 without it already being installed.. ugh.. the installer gets up kind of walking on glass LOL>> but it will be alright.

can you give also the link for auto fit also...:-)

8-26-2013_3-51-38_PM.jpg
    1394 x 813 - 148K
  • Darklady5Darklady5 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

There is no way it said $85 for previous owner of C8 Pro plus I'm a vendor who gets PC for free it's still saying $171. No thanks but $85 I would

When you put Pro in cart, you will see the reduced price.

• Bo_de_NarrBo_de_Narr Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

tell me more
    if there is a Update for my PRO 8.1
    under 80 $

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

In case anyone is buying PhilW's Carrara Portrait Gallery...

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/carrara-portrait-studio

There seems to be a discount on his other Carrara products too when I bought the Carrara 8.5 upgrade. Not sure if this works with just the Portrait Gallery in the cart.

edited December 1969

wallase said:
    wallase said:

OMG i just realized now.. So maybe we need to setup and install Carrara Seperately from Daz Install Manager.
    Because we cant setup a folder for Carrara 8.5 without it already being installed.. ugh.. the installer gets up kind of walking on glass LOL>> but it will be alright.

can you give also the link for auto fit also...:-)All you have to do is add the folders you already have installed to the list of available folders on the content tab. There is an Auto add runtimes option which will grab any runtimes and content folders for you that are mapped in DAZ Studio.

Autofit works by adding a clothing item to the scene with Genesis in it and conforming it to Genesis. If you have the line above Actor selected on Genesis when you double click the clothing, or if you drag and drop the clothing onto Genesis, or if you drag and drop the clothing onto that line on the Instance Tab, then it will conform to Genesis on load. (And automatically trigger Autofit.)

Note that Autofit will not work, yet, between TriAx Figures, so not between Genesis and Genesis2 Female. And Victoria 4 shoes will not work on Genesis 2 Female, if you have the V4 UV and clone set for Genesis 2 Female.

edited December 1969

wallase said:
    wallase said:

can you give also the link for auto fit also...:-)All you have to do is add the folders you already have installed to the list of available folders on the content tab. There is an Auto add runtimes option which will grab any runtimes and content folders for you that are mapped in DAZ Studio.

Autofit works by adding a clothing item to the scene with Genesis in it and conforming it to Genesis. If you have the line above Actor selected on Genesis when you double click the clothing, or if you drag and drop the clothing onto Genesis, or if you drag and drop the clothing onto that line on the Instance Tab, then it will conform to Genesis on load. (And automatically trigger Autofit.)

Note that Autofit will not work, yet, between TriAx Figures, so not between Genesis and Genesis2 Female. And Victoria 4 shoes will not work on Genesis 2 Female, if you have the V4 UV and clone set for Genesis 2 Female.

Okay. but for now it does add that content when auto detect runtime.. but havent been able to find Any Daz characters that way.. Im sure you cant be the only working this stuff out for us... Im taking it light because i have to go to work soon lol... so im going to see what i can do the ground up.

8-26-2013_4-05-03_PM.jpg
    852 x 467 - 122K
    edited December 1969

My runtimes consists of so many things from different softwares that need access to files because the Daz Content thing Breaks. Not organized in anyway correctly due to add on released by certain houses etc that arent in the same context.. as in Hair to hair... i will check this out in the next couple of weeks.. I have deadlines I hoped this would help with.. Ill be taking a peak at you all while im on 48 hour shifts.. thanks for the help. See you around also if you can upload new tutorials or let us know if geekatplay has jumped on this one yet.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    chohole said:
    3doutlaw said:
    Since we have your attention, Daz_Spooky...any thoughts on plans for Carrara 9? Be nice to know the product is going to move ahead after this! :)
    I thought the plan was already announced. :)

Not on the DAZ 3D Forums, AFAIK

It was carried at Carrara Cafe, I thought it was cross posted here, but apparently not.

http://carraracafe.com/breaking-news-carrara-8-5-to-be-released-end-of-summer-with-several-new-features-carrara-9-to-follow-q1-2014/

"...are working on some plans to release 9.0 either Q4 or Q1 2014"?

The plans are that you have plans? I guess, technically, that answers my question....LOL! Any specific features that you may want to share (since in software speak, Q4/Q1 is right around the corner!) Nothing I can talk about. :)

What if I promise to buy this upgrade, versus letting it sit in my cart? :) That's like an $85 bribe!!

(...or $109.50 or $142.50 or $171.00 or $285...depending on when I actually hit the purchase button today)

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Nothing I can talk about. :)

What if I promise to buy this upgrade, versus letting it sit in my cart? :) That's like an $85 bribe!!

(...or $109.50 or $142.50 or $171.00 or $285...depending on when I actually hit the purchase button today)LOL

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Is this something that will be coming in the near future, or closer to the release of C9?

edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:

Is this something that will be coming in the near future, or closer to the release of C9?Unfortunately I don't know. There are a couple things higher on the priority list of the known issues and it is definitely something that is not trivial.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Price just showed correctly for me... :)

...I'm still seeing it for 171$ even though I'm a PC member and signed in.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    WandW said:
    Price just showed correctly for me... :)

...I'm still seeing it for 171$ even though I'm a PC member and signed in.Showing where?
  • MicioDueMicioDue Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

OK, the problem has been fixed. :-)
    $85.50 shopping cart grand total, correct, applied august coupon, I've got C8.5 Pro for $79.50.

Oh, and serial number too.

Post edited by MicioDue on
    edited December 1969

Bofrisa said:
    tell me more
    if there is a Update for my PRO 8.1
    under 80 $
    Use your Platinum Club coupon for August.
    edited December 1969

The CR2 is not really a CR2, it is directing Poser to the accompanying python file. You have to launch the DUF file directly.

So why it is not picking up the .duf in Carrara then if the files are there and Carrara is now supposed to have native support, why am I getting the error at all?

edited December 1969

So why it is not picking up the .duf in Carrara then if the files are there and Carrara is now supposed to have native support, why am I getting the error at all?The only error you showed was the one where you tried to load the Poser Companion File. I didn't see an error from loading a DUF.

edited December 1969

I am clicking on the file that shows up in the Carrara browser, so why it is not selecting the .duf. but the .cr2 ?

edited December 1969

I am clicking on the file that shows up in the Carrara browser, so why it is not selecting the .duf. but the .cr2 ?
    Are you clicking in the Runtime directory or the non-runtime directory?
    edited December 1969

It was my understanding that it would pick it up where ever it is, but atm it is a runtime dir, are you saying I have to have to different runtimes, or if I tell Carrara that they are all content folders will it pick up the poser content as well?