Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Today's DSON compatible Poser sale has a lot of Genesis and genesis 2 items that are compatible with Carrara for $1.99 or 70% off with purchase.  Might find some goodies.

• Some new freebies today, including Hiro 5 starter bundle.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    40% off Carrara PA items in the catchup sale. https://www.daz3d.com/shop/
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Tango Alpha is 60% off today. He sure does some great stuff.

--ms

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

And a new product from TA of course too!

Pure unsubstantiated rumor on my part, but I believe that TA's new sci-fi command set may be part of a series of integrated sci-fi.  Perfect for futuristic storytelling with a cohesive look.  Engage!!!!!!!!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,187

I've got most of TangoAlpha's Carrara products, but I see a couple that are DS/DUF only, no Carrara format (Jazz Corner and Admiral's Bridge).  I've never had much luck with DUF in Carrara, although its been a long time since I tried.  Is that still a problem in the latest version of Carrara Pro 8.5?  I see they both have DSON Core installers, but I recall someone saying that does not help in Carrara ... ?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It opens fine in Carrara 8.5 (can't speak for earlier versions), although you will need to adjust the shaders (Philemo's pbr plugin may well be a help here), and add lights.

And yes Diomede, you are correct. The next set in the series is in the final stages of QA, and the one after is being worked on... smiley

Screenshot (5).png
    1561 x 1038 - 1M

"Philemo's pbr plugin" - have I missed something here, I know he was working on something, is that actually available now?

PhilW said:

"Philemo's pbr plugin" - have I missed something here, I know he was working on something, is that actually available now?

Oh, yes sir!  You need to catch up.  
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/282246/new-plugin-phong-tessellation-and-displacement/p1

@TangoAlpha.  Great to see more wonderful sets.  Hope that means you are on the mend.  Been a tough year in terms of health for some Carrara folks.  Be well.

Thanks Ted. It's been a slow road to recovery, and obviously 4 months since my last release. But hopefully I'll get a couple more sets finished before the end of the year!

Thanks - not sure how I missed that!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,187

It opens fine in Carrara 8.5 (can't speak for earlier versions), although you will need to adjust the shaders (Philemo's pbr plugin may well be a help here), and add lights.

OK, thanks.  

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Thanks Ted. It's been a slow road to recovery, and obviously 4 months since my last release. But hopefully I'll get a couple more sets finished before the end of the year!

great news, good to be alive

Black Friday. 50% off entire daz3d store.
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790

Black Friday 65% off lots of stuff at Hivewire3d whose products work well in Carrara yes

thanks both :)

Stezza, how does baby luna work in Carrara -

okay?

• thanks both :)

okay?

video

yeah know I am not Stezza cheeky

ha ha thanks Wendy :) beaut video - love the fluids!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790

thanks both :)

okay?

I don't have it.. but Wendy does, Dawn & Dusk work fine in Carrara the DS versions..... I use their animal figures mainly which all work with some texture adjustments..

you shouldn't have any problems yes

New freebies. S6 starter bundle included. https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

thanks Stezza 

thanks 3drendero!

There are 2 simple holiday freebies today. Maybe a new daily thing. https://www.daz3d.com/the-new-holiday-2018-sale
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 2018

I do believe TangoAlpkha is cheating on us. frown

Should we put him in Carrara jail fror a bit? A little bit? devil

Post edited by VIArts on
    New daily freebie, looks like there will be 24 of them. "AprilYSH's contribution to the DAZ Published Artist Christmas Freebies 2018!"
    MAJourney said:

cheeky I'm just giving you a little exercise converting shaders. You don't want everything too easy do you? wink

• Carrara jail is pretty brutal

MAJourney said:

Looks like Tim is a repeat offender!  He has a new release, which means his store is on sale.  I used the opportunity to pick up his Modular SciFi Quarterdeck, using my loyalty rewards discount for even more savings.  And, I cheated on TangoAlpha by purchasng some 70% off scifi content from Kibarretos and Josh Crockett  That will teach him.  

Goodness knows what you think of me then, I've been doing non-Carrara content for well over a year now. Unfortunately that is where the market is and since giving up my day job I am reliant on making enough money from my 3D activities. I still use Carrara regularly though to make stuff, it is still my mainstay and where I feel comfortable.