Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

This one I was able to covert west park set rubbish into glass with Reality for the desired effect http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/52-387131604

9335671953_289a8f3037_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 158K
    edited December 1969
    9335671953_289a8f3037_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 114K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2013

Bobvan said:
    This one I was able to covert west park set rubbish into glass with Reality for the desired effect http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/52-387131604

Scary stuff. The chaos in the room help sells the scene. Though to be picky I would say some motion blur on the chair or other rubble would help push the scene a bit more.

Here's a cute and silly one continuing on the subject of Bacon :)

I'm spoofing a scene from a cartoon I recently saw. Hence the ridiculously large perfectly circular backpack.

syren_s_greatest_discovery_by_larsmidnatt-d6eh8zi.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 111K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited July 2013

He he cool Yeah I dont do effects all that much save some post work like in the one http://fav.me/d6ecqz5

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited July 2013

Bobvan said:

Scary stuff. The chaos in the room help sells the scene. Though to be picky I would say some motion blur on the chair or other rubble would help push the scene a bit more.

Here's a cute and silly one continuing on the subject of Bacon :)

I'm spoofing a scene from a cartoon I recently saw. Hence the ridiculously large perfectly circular backpack.
    ...cute indeed More Aiko goodness, now with BACON!

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited July 2013

...more playing around with mesh lights and a lot of retexturing.

Found this neat indoor pool freebie set but was only in .obj format so had to mess with the scaling and then some of the maps.

Still a WIP as I need to fix the wood texture (will have to take it into Blender to set up individual MAT zones) .

The original used a lovely mosaic tile for the wall motif, however when rendered the tile patterning looked off almost creating a moray type effect.

Another thing I ran into was the ambient channel on everything was turned up to 100%.

For all the components in the set I had to drop he ambient setting to 0% and convert the Specular and Diffuse to solid white then FOr the walls motif I applied some of Eva's Urban shaders (painted concrete) to replace the tile surface on the walls and inside of the pool. Adjusted the diffuse channel to come close as to the colour schemes of the original wall material and changed the diffuse of the pool interior surface to a light aqua (it was originally grey). I also adjusted the glass opacity and colour as it came in too "opaque blue". I then applied a Fast Metal shader (Stainless Steel) to the ladders and one of DZ Fire's Real Metal shaders for the overhead lights and other metal fixtures.

I also changed the colour balance on the floor and pool edge tiles to better match the scheme of the walls (it was originally a dark red/pink/grey combination that really didn't match well) . Finally had to adjust the opacity and reflectivity of the water surface this may still take some tweaking).

For the lighting I converted all the overhead lights to mesh lights and used a single UE sphere all set to 128 samples with soft shadows. To make the three in view look like they are illuminated, I used linear point lights with a falloff end of 50.

The main character (My Lady Meg) is Genesis V5 with a bit of fitness body builder, and athletic morphs (the latter from Die Trying's 182 morphs) a fair amount of V4 head shape with a bit of the "old morph applied and using Fabiana's Druscilla Goth base skin map (requiring the V4 UV).

The hair is Koz's Long Hair Evolution which still looks so good even today.

Meg is wearing Sickle Yield's Classic Swimwear with the UK flag motif applied (in the story she was an Olympic champion swimmer in her younger years).

The Union Jack on the wall is a simple plane primitive with a .jpg image applied and a bump map form the Fabricator to give it more of a cloth like look.

This again was one of those scenes that started as a simple idea and then grew into a complete exercise in texture manipulation.

I am also going to try a version using the SSS shaders.

...ooops,forgot to attach the pic.

momma_test_2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 636K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Holo Jungle

jungle-deck-sml.jpg
    936 x 1200 - 213K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

...cute indeed More Aiko goodness, now with BACON!

Thanks. Bacon for all.

...ooops,forgot to attach the pic.

LOL, I was just going to comment, and I noticed that the quote in my message didn't match what I just read. (the quote in my message showed that you noticed no image was attached, but the message I read didn't say that) Agh so now I can't poke fun at ya.

Yeah the DZFire metal shaders worked for me too. And fabricator is good too. I actually still use fabricator now.

The scene seems to go well together, I couldn't tell you redid the textures, which is a good thing. All the colors look natural in the scene.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

...thank you, that took several sessions alone just to get the textures looking right. Definitely a good learning experience.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

still working with the AoA base shader with 4.6

pretty_in_pink.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 266K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Dire it's really not that bad but am glad I have the flexibility to get decent renders with both engines. In some cases Lux renders are actually faster. You have Luxus which I think needs more tweaking. I am used to how Reality works R3 for DS will be out soon. larsmidnatt uses octane. I set up my newer 32G with a fire pro AMD card so I cannot use Octane.

well i did just get a decent new computer replacing my 8 year old one so i should try luxrender out again and see how much faster it is now.
    I think i did read somewhere that depending on the scene and how the lights are set up you can get rid of the noise pretty quickly so i might have a go at it again here soon.

......and way OT but for anyone that like shadowrun.......Shadowrun returns
    Looks like it will be a sequel to the old Sega version (that i still play lol)

edited July 2013

...yeah, I saw, but not into online games.

Besides, I'm still into 3ed, SR4 just got way to silly for me with the introduction of the Edge attribute. it was like getting "bonus lives" or the "Mega Blast" button just like in a video game.

...plus they totally glossed over a lot of really cool subplots with the timeline advance.

...my "fallen angel" character Night Angel never got the chance to fulfill her quest to personally do in Lucien Cross with her "Kiss of Death" (ChemGland implant) as our GM switched over to the new system which in the story supplement had Cross perish in a plane crash.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

As per usual, the notification bots have gone on their Summer hols!

Great renders one and all.

Kyoto: That last one looks really great and with a better skin shader it could look quite realistic.

Bob: I too will soon be working on King Kong only mine is 20 years old and made of vinyl.

Larsmidnatt: Which skin shaders and lighting did you use for that muscle render, that skin looks really lifelike.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

..thanks. Used the Druscilla Goth Skin map as it is the only fair skinned one I have that fits the character. Not sure if SSS would work with it since it is a Gen4 map.

...on the other hand here's another "Realistic NOT!!" one I just did.

The Queen Holds Court

the_queen_holds_court_final.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Its been a while. Really enjoying my results lately and R3 is coming out any day.... The Animal ppl http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/85-389019882

9386649221_62d378dcd6_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 358K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 290K
    edited August 2013
    800 x 426 - 160K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 231K
    edited December 1969
    9470707166_b88f22e82f_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 171K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..thanks. Used the Druscilla Goth Skin map as it is the only fair skinned one I have that fits the character. Not sure if SSS would work with it since it is a Gen4 map.

I don't see why it wouldn't, you can always try it. I seem to remember other shaders working with Gen 4 maps. Even if the SSS ones don't the Interjections, UberSurface or EHSS will.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I don't see why it wouldn't, you can always try it. I seem to remember other shaders working with Gen 4 maps. Even if the SSS ones don't the Interjections, UberSurface or EHSS will.

CHEERS!

the AoA SSS base shader should work any texture map, but like anything else testing is required.

it works very well with the Victoria Bree textures that comes with Studio

nicepose2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 360K
    edited December 1969

and just because I can... and its in the title of the thread.

a realistic render...

Metal-testDof1.jpg
    900 x 900 - 580K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

the AoA SSS base shader should work any texture map, but like anything else testing is required.

Very nice, what were the lights?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Rareth said:

Very nice, what were the lights?

CHEERS!

1 Area light parented to the camera but rotated on x 90 degrees slight blue tint

two spot lights approximately 120 on y axis from the area light (so one is off to the right, the other ends up behind the figure
    both have soft shadows and, the light to the rear is at 100% the other one is 60-80% soft shadows on both

Gamma correction ON, gamma slider set to 2.2

edited December 1969

Thanks,

I'll make a note of that.

CHEERS!

edited August 2013

...a few more since I started working with G2F and Zev0's Growing Up Morphs.

Kelly Rourke (Kyoto Kid) at 11. The one area she excelled in was athletics, particularity gymnastics.

kelly_growing_up_test.jpg
    695 x 695 - 282K
    edited December 1969

...My little darling Leela.

leela_portrait.jpg
    695 x 982 - 477K
    edited December 1969

..and her "bestest friend", Tracey Kyle

tracey_2_test.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 694K
    edited December 1969

Very nice!

What was the lighting this time? I'm rather interested in the latest LDP.

CHEERS!

edited August 2013

...none of those pics were the latest LDP since I cannot afford Photoshop which is now a requirement.

The first was done with the Jasmin IDL set from 3DUniverse.

The second was done with one of my own light setups

The last was done with Lantios Lights2

This discussion has been closed.