Jaderail is at it Again.

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

It's a great render Jade, it does want me to just go up to the man and sit down for a small talk, perhaps give him a friendly hug :)

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Very cool render, definetly tells a story. Great job :-)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Great render, Jaderail. Also very brave to do a kind of self portrait.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Your all too kind and I Thank you. When you have 1600 Genesis Face morphs and a full night to kill it is just amazing what you can do. My brother who is legally blind even sad yes that's you. I plan for ME to pop up in my Future Comic Book and Animations in the same way Stan Lee and Stephen King do in all the movies.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    This is a Semi Personal image. It was inspired by the Plat Club Monthly Challenge and a few new items I picked up.

Title: A Nice Walk, so far

This is a fantastic render Jeff, he has so much character and I think a great virtual you :smirk:

Also a nice new artwork for the primitives project, great work mate :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    This is a fantastic render Jeff, he has so much character and I think a great virtual you :smirk:

Thank You my friend, I just noticed when reading your post, I seem to have something against Pretty Boys. Only two characters I do are close to pretty boy type.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

Thank You my friend, I just noticed when reading your post, I seem to have something against Pretty Boys. Only two characters I do are close to pretty boy type.
    that is fairly normal for a very alphahetero male, you do not need the competition!!
    but notice, not too many unblessed female renders on this forum either!!!
    (women as well as men too prefer pretty women regardless of orientation but like their men in all varieties)
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

What makes you think that? I was praising you for how authentic and unique your 'virtual-you' render was, it had nothing to do with "pretty boys" lol I'm a bit baffled where it came from haha!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    This is a Semi Personal image. It was inspired by the Plat Club Monthly Challenge and a few new items I picked up.

Title: A Nice Walk, so far

It's good to have a face to the name, Jad :) Hope your health is holding up.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    What makes you think that? I was praising you for how authentic and unique your 'virtual-you' render was, it had nothing to do with "pretty boys" lol I'm a bit baffled where it came from haha!
    I'm saying my Male figures are not the basic Pretty boy stuff, I always ugly the guys up or age them or something. Was not aimed at you in any way. Was just me thinking why don't I like the standard fella's? Now here did I hide that Scar pack I have?
    edited December 1969

It's good to have a face to the name, Jad :) Hope your health is holding up.
    So far I'm five by five. I do notice I'm tired more, d-day pulled all the fatigue stuff but now I deal with it everyday. Can we say 16 hour sleep spells? More often than I like.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    I'm saying my Male figures are not the basic Pretty boy stuff, I always ugly the guys up or age them or something. Was not aimed at you in any way. Was just me thinking why don't I like the standard fella's? Now here did I hide that Scar pack I have?

Oh haha, Yeah I see what you mean. I have a bunch of characters in the works right now, and I'm doing exactly that. And its not just the antagonist characters either. The hardest part is the Displacements, product-wise, theirs barely any on the market. I'm searching around for PS brushes for wrinkle/bump details and for some characters I really need to paint up some unique displacements. May even make my own brushes If I can learn it. (All in the thinking/trial phase) If I am successful I'll email you some, though it will be primarily the face/neck :)

edited August 2013

Check out Zev0's new project. Just the ticket. Will do many things we both need Spyro.

Here's a link for any who need older folks OLD all over. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27516/

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yes I am in anticipation for that product too! It looks so good :)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    So far I'm five by five. I do notice I'm tired more, d-day pulled all the fatigue stuff but now I deal with it everyday. Can we say 16 hour sleep spells? More often than I like.

Glad to hear that and they say sleep is the body's way of repairing itself. It'll take time after all you've been through.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I like the simplicity of the scene- that's the overall feel because you've taken the complexities and merged them so nicely. For instance, people may not notice the grass flowing upward, but the green, natural vegetation gives hope among the concrete. I like the shadows that are prominent on one side of the face.

Are you Native American? My ancestors are from the Florida Tribe of Eastern Creek Indians. We're Muscogee Nation. :) That perhaps explains why I adore animals so much (and perhaps why I rendered your chickens for YOU) Or we're both just happily animal lover nuts.

edited December 1969

Well, I try to do simple but pleasing renders. I started 3D to do comic book work and the fast easy work flow stays with you. When your going for 8-12 renders a day and page set up you learn to think simple. That scene is a grand total 15 items.

We are Cherokee, from my Fathers side. Nana was a full blood, Dad a half breed and I'm just a quarter. All I got was the hatchet nose as you noticed. Well, that and the super fine can't do a thing with it hair. We are members of a local tribe but I never kept up with it much, I'dd have to ask my niece what the full name is and where it's based.

Thank You for noticing some of the little things.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I need to learn how to make lightning and lighting effects like you did in the first image. Maybe I can find some tutorials for Gimp. Thanks for posting the renders.

• EamonEamon Posts: 159
    edited December 1969

Some great work here man!!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

He always does great work

edited December 1969

I need to learn how to make lightning and lighting effects like you did in the first image. Maybe I can find some tutorials for Gimp. Thanks for posting the renders.
    That was done in layers, and the lighting bolt was built with a effects plugin for my 2D art program. It was then layered in under the fugure but above the background.
    Hint: Use the SAME lighting in each layer so it all matches when Assembled.
    edited December 1969

I thought I would have a new render by now but that dead deer is not posing as I want. I'm re-thinking the camera angle and other ideas now.

Thank you all for the looks and kind words.

edited December 1969

LMAO. Well the deer is dead after all. I don't think he'll be able to pose to your liking, or do anything for that matter :-P

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    LMAO. Well the deer is dead after all. I don't think he'll be able to pose to your liking, or do anything for that matter :-P
    He can be stew, roast, jerky and other things... but first they gotta get his butt to the cave. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Title: Heavy Load...

Primitives-016.png
    1000 x 750 - 2M
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Posing with fresh food :) I like.

You mentioned the deer not posing as you wanted it to. If I look at it, the back looks too straight for something that is dead nd slung over the hunter's back. I imagine it would look more natural if the back was more rounded, the neck wold then 'automatically' fall ('flow') forward and look less like the beast is still alive.

I have no idea how to pull that off though (or if the deer model allows that) and you probably already tried it, but hey, I wanted to try to be constructive for a change!

Even now, the image is a good way.

edited December 1969

I was not happy with the model, I'm going to get past that with a few more renders yet to be seen.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

cool render Jader!

edited December 1969

Nice work Jader!! He's very strong, wouldn't want to cross him haha!

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited September 2013

Very nice !!
    I like the character, too !

Post edited by ecoleena on