Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited November 2018

An unstacked terrain for a change and one in the background. The anaglyph gives you a hint where the biplane is.

Ridges

Ridges Anaglyph

Ridges.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 220K
    RidgesAna.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 258K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Horo - Awesome looking landscape! I love the unusual rocky slopes and superb clouds. Very nice.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : Outstanding scene, excellent looking clouds. Great anaglyph as well.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited November 2018

Horo- superb renders both the original and the anaglyph

Inspired by Dave, I tried a beach scene. After trying for the past few days, I still could not get any footprints on the beach.sad I was a bit stupid trying to put footprints on wet sandlaugh Learning all the time.

beach.jpg
    600 x 600 - 315K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited November 2018

@Mermaid010: Ah, very nice atmosphere in your scene. I could nearly feel the fresh air.

@Horo: Hm, unfortunately I have no anaglyph spectacles, so I am hardly going to find out where to Biplane is. Splendid terrain as usual.

@Eugenius: Superb terrain and also nicely lit and textured.

@Dave Savage: Excellent terrain under a beautiful sky. I would like hiking there, although it looks a bit on the rough side.

@akmerlow: No worries. Both terrains look good. Anyway texturing is one of the most difficult things in Bryce. Even after all this years, there are days I could throw every single texture I use in my scene in the digital dustbin :-)

@Slepalex: Nice acorn, well modeled. Your scene is also very beautiful. For my taste the color of the acorns might be a bit too uniform and also too brownish or too caramelish.

Nothing special from my side. I put poor Marybel into a white hell and played around with blurry reflections in the premium effects.

whitehell.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 288K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

@Slepalex: Nice acorn, well modeled. Your scene is also very beautiful. For my taste the color of the acorns might be a bit too uniform and also too brownish or too caramelish.

Thank you, Electro-Elvis. The color of acorns has many shades. I looked at dozens of photos on the Internet and copied with the pipette the color of one of them directly in Bryce texture in DTE. 

Nothing special from my side. I put poor Marybel into a white hell and played around with blurry reflections in the premium effects.

I liked these blurry reflections.

mermaid : very nice scene.

Electro-Elvis : great idea and very well done.

Eugenius - thank you. By the way, based on a WC created terrain.

adbc - thank you.

mermaid - thank you. Beach and waves look fantastic. Yup, I see where the footprints were washed over by the last wave. laugh

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Very well done lady, good idea to employ blurred reflections, makes it more interesting than "just" mirroring.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Horo: great landscape again!

Mermaid: Lovely sea-scene (or beach-scene). Great wet sand. The waves are very high, though; you and your camera will be very wet in a minute or so!

Electro-Elvis: It may be hell for the lady, but she looks marvelous and so does the render.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited November 2018

Horo, both works make it hard to decide which to like best yes

The wet sand effect is spot on, Mermaid, and the moss on the stones reminds me of the many times I slipped...ouch crying

So simple, Elvis...yet very effective as an emotional-wise piece of work (wonder what she's thinking of).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2018

Horo: Great terrain, specially like the variation in the green/brown parts.

Mermaid: It turned out well. Adding footprints can be tricky as you have to decide a scale from the start and when creating a beach, it's very easy to get a better beach if the terrain is stretched a lot, something you can't do if you've stamped footprints into it when making it. The other thing you can do is to get a solid model of a foot and duplicate as negative boolean onto the terrain. That way, you can get your beach right first and then add the footprints.

Elvis: Nicely done minimalist render... I often create blurred reflections on ground planes by adding a very fine bump (sand from the library within the Mat Lab works very well by increasing its scale up to 2000) it only needs about 1.6 in the bump channel.

My latest started with the sky, I dusted off the old Bryce 5 Sail boat and added a three man crew. Water is a perlin hills terrain randomly generated by the TE.

SailBoatSky.jpg
    975 x 975 - 472K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Hansmar - thank you.

Jay - thank you.

Dave - thank you. Beautiful sky and water, great sail boat with a good name and the crew is a nice detail.

edited November 2018

That's one huge swell of water, Dave: an impending signature on what's to come (surfer-board memories). Does this old Bryce 5 boat have WiFi onboard...hahe cheeky

Dave

My latest started with the sky, I dusted off the old Bryce 5 Sail boat and added a three man crew. Water is a perlin hills terrain randomly generated by the TE.

Great water!
    And beautiful sky! Is it procedural or background HDRI? 

• mermaid010 - Nice! Reminds me of a beach in France :-)

Electro-Elvis - Thank you. Nice blurry reflection.

Horo - Did you use Isolines when you created Ridges?

Dave Savage - Beautiful ocean scene and nice work on the crew. 

Eastern Mountains of Lh'owon - The terrains were created in Bryce, filtered in GeoControl and rendered in Bryce. Lh'owon is the homeworld of the S'pht, based on the Bungie Marathon games.

Eastern Mountains of Lh'owon_Final.png
    1114 x 819 - 1M
    Slepalex said:
    Great water!

And beautiful sky! Is it procedural or background HDRI? 

The sky is a mix of Bryce procedural and an HDRI... All odd the colour comes from the Bryce sky and the white clouds and the top left corner are the HDRI.

Thanks all.

Jay: Wi-Fi?... Not a chance, Bryce 5 didn't even have HDRI laugh

edited November 2018

Wi-Fi?... laugh...sigh...ditched the surf board on your advice, ordered an extremely cheap ($50,000/night) yacht to sail home....aaah (relax time).

Jay

Dave Savage : Outstanding sky and water. I love the Bryce boat.

Eugenius : that's a very beautiful terrain and texture.

edited November 2018

Eugenius - no isolines. I did the terrain over 4 years ago with WorldCreator. I first used isolines a year later but only started recently to look into them more seriously and find them a great option to modify an existing terrain by "painting" and "unpainting".
    I don't know the game but the terrain looks great with the materials used on it.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2018

A variation of the same sky, this time with a TE generated terrain... It went through a few stages and the material sets it off nicely.

RockValleySky.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 641K

A variation of the same sky, this time with a TE generated terrain... It went through a few stages and the material sets it off nicely.

Dave, beautiful realistic landscape!

edited November 2018

Dave - great landscape and beautiful sky.

A landscape with volumetric clouds. They look acceptable here but in the anaglyph, they are too near the camera. Quality/Speed was also an issue. Good at the normal render but for the anaglyph, I had to plop render a few clouds with a higher quality setting. The normal render finished in 6 hours, the anaglyph in 9 but with the higher quality setting for the cloud slab it would have taken over a day.

Mount Mesa

Mount Mesa Anaglyph

MountMesa.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 249K
    MountMesaAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 284K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Electro-Elvis - very nice idea and render of the Blurry reflections.

Dave - both your renders are beautiful my fav the sail boat

Eugenius - great terrain with nice material and sky

Horo - another beautiful landscape, the anaglyph is awesome, i also had problems with an Anaglyph with volumetric clouds, which i then replaced with one of your Hdris.

edited November 2018

Thanks everybody a lot for the friendly comments.

Here a close-up of my last picture. 3 sphere lights with 100 % soft shadows enlight the scene.

Hair Close-Up

g2haarspec1005017_noshadow.jpg
    800 x 800 - 404K

mermaid - thank you. The slab needs to be higher up but then the size of the texture must be adjusted, I suppose. An HDRI or a huge sphere are easier to use for an anaglyph. 

Electro-Elvis - good work, the hair are awesome.

Here a close-up of my last picture. 3 sphere lights with 100 % soft shadows enlight the scene.

Electro-Elvis, chic render!
    What is the render time? Render mode?
    What are the settings for Sphere Light?

edited November 2018

For this one, I moved the camera about a quarter of the way down the same terrain and totally reworked the materials. Also added an X-Frog tree and used instance lab to add grass in the foreground. Could do with more vegetation adding really, but I've got to go get ready for tonight's gig now.

PeakLimestoneALT.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 731K

For this one, I moved the camera about a quarter of the way down the same terrain and totally reworked the materials. Also added an X-Frog tree and used instance lab to add grass in the foreground. Could do with more vegetation adding really, but I've got to go get ready for tonight's gig now.

Dave, a wonderful classic mountain landscape!
    I liked the texture and terrain.
    Does X-Frog tree have a foliage transparency map? I have several X-Frog trees, but I don’t use them due to the presence of transparency maps, since recently I have been using the Premium TA render in combination with HDRI. It's unbearable to wait for the rendering to end, my patience is running out. Although I previously rendered a few days.

edited November 2018
    Slepalex said:

Electro-Elvis, chic render!
    What is the render time? Render mode?
    What are the settings for Sphere Light?

Thank you Slepalex. Render time was around 2 and 1/2 hours with Premium Effects True Ambience 36 rpp. 3 sphere lights uses 100 %soft shadows. The strongest light source is left behind her. For all hair materials "self shadows" was unticked (not selected). I used "Suzan Hair" for G1 and G2, which consists at least of 12 single parts.

@Horo: Thank you. Yes, I think the hair came out not too bad.

@Dave: Very nice scenery. I like especially the foliage material of the tree.

This discussion has been closed.