[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• I see DAZ finally saw fit to release...I'm all on board.  I don't have to buy another stitch of clothing now!!!   Well....maybe...lol.

LOL.  You will need something to convert at the very least! smiley

• carrie58 said:

@RiverSoftArt  Maybe this is a dumb question but will this also work on clothes that have been converted from Genesis2 to Genesis8 already? will it convert those to Genesis3 or should I hope for a Genesis2 to Genesis3 converter?

Interested in knowing this as well (something I have been meaning to ask).

Answered above https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4062336/#Comment_4062336

• You've created a very handy tool when it comes to converting clothing items from Genesis 8 Females to Genesis 3 Females. Would a male counterpart be in the works sometime soon?

Yes, a male counterpart is in the works.  I think my list is longer than Santa's at this point cheeky

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    carrie58 said:

@RiverSoftArt  Maybe this is a dumb question but will this also work on clothes that have been converted from Genesis2 to Genesis8 already? will it convert those to Genesis3 or should I hope for a Genesis2 to Genesis3 converter?

Not a dumb question at all.  It should work on already converted clothes.  *But* (you knew there was a *but* smiley) I don't believe the quality will not be as good as if you went from G2 to G3 directly.  Every conversion adds some slight errors and these will build up.  Similar to how making a photocopy of a photocopy is not as good.  I have discussed a G2 to G3 converter with Sickleyield.  We will probably try one to see if there is a market.  However, other conversions will come out before that one.  

Well then I will be standing in line waiting for the G2-G3 converter cause I 've got a bunch of clothes for G2 ,and I've learned I bought a bunch of clothes for Generation 4 ,and Genesis ,but tapered of with Gen2 .........(hint hint) got all you and SickleYield have made so far  I like being able to use my older stuff

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited October 2018
    carrie58 said:
    carrie58 said:

Not a dumb question at all.  It should work on already converted clothes.  *But* (you knew there was a *but* smiley) I don't believe the quality will not be as good as if you went from G2 to G3 directly.  Every conversion adds some slight errors and these will build up.  Similar to how making a photocopy of a photocopy is not as good.  I have discussed a G2 to G3 converter with Sickleyield.  We will probably try one to see if there is a market.  However, other conversions will come out before that one.  

Well then I will be standing in line waiting for the G2-G3 converter cause I 've got a bunch of clothes for G2 ,and I've learned I bought a bunch of clothes for Generation 4 ,and Genesis ,but tapered of with Gen2 .........(hint hint) got all you and SickleYield have made so far  I like being able to use my older stuff

I am with you.  I *love* having all these clothes available directly for the latest generations.  

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Finlaena said:

I see a product by RiverSoft, into the cart it goes.

Seriously though, I still prefer Genesis 3 (if I have to be really honest), so this is a huge, awesome thing for me. You are amazing!!! Thank you!!

LOL laugh  You are very welcome.  I was slightly nervous about this one as it is for a legacy generation, but it is doing well.

For what it's worth, I don't consider the G3 figures to be "Legacy" yet by a long shot, given that there are still far more G3F products in the store than G8F and new ones are still being added fairly regularly... in fact, it's worth noting that there are now more G3F products out there than for any other figure that's been made since Victoria 4.  Add in the facts that G3F still has a much wider range of available morphs and base shapes, works with a number of add-ons and external programs that still don't work with G8F yet, and that the technical differences and cross compatiblity issues between G3F and G8F are much less than between any previous generations(especially  now that DAZ has more or less given up on the unique UV map nonsense,) and I think G8F is only just now starting to approach the point of being as usable and user friendly as her G3 counterpart. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    carrie58 said:

Would really like to see that.  I would also suggest you look at the possibillity of some converters to take G3 and G8 back to G2, as I imagine there are a lot of Poser users who've basically been stuck on the G2s who'd go crazy over being able to use the newer clothes more easily.

• Cybersox said:
    Finlaena said:

I see a product by RiverSoft, into the cart it goes.

Seriously though, I still prefer Genesis 3 (if I have to be really honest), so this is a huge, awesome thing for me. You are amazing!!! Thank you!!

LOL laugh  You are very welcome.  I was slightly nervous about this one as it is for a legacy generation, but it is doing well.

For what it's worth, I don't consider the G3 figures to be "Legacy" yet by a long shot, given that there are still far more G3F products in the store than G8F and new ones are still being added fairly regularly... in fact, it's worth noting that there are now more G3F products out there than for any other figure that's been made since Victoria 4.  Add in the facts that G3F still has a much wider range of available morphs and base shapes, works with a number of add-ons and external programs that still don't work with G8F yet, and that the technical differences and cross compatiblity issues between G3F and G8F are much less than between any previous generations(especially  now that DAZ has more or less given up on the unique UV map nonsense,) and I think G8F is only just now starting to approach the point of being as usable and user friendly as her G3 counterpart. 

True.  And I have a soft spot for Genesis 3 as it was the generation I started using and selling DS with.  I miswrote. smiley

• Cybersox said:
    carrie58 said:

Would really like to see that.  I would also suggest you look at the possibillity of some converters to take G3 and G8 back to G2, as I imagine there are a lot of Poser users who've basically been stuck on the G2s who'd go crazy over being able to use the newer clothes more easily.

Poser is stuck on G2!  I had no idea.  We will have to try it at least once then.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,933
    Cybersox said:
    carrie58 said:

Poser is stuck on G2!  I had no idea.  We will have to try it at least once then.

Poser doesn't support dual quaternion rigging so G3 and G8 don't work with it, even the DSON importer doesn't help.

There's a method to get at least G3 sorta working in P11, but from memory it requires converting G3 back to TriAx rigging so it's not really G3 anymore.

• I see DAZ finally saw fit to release...I'm all on board.  I don't have to buy another stitch of clothing now!!!   Well....maybe...lol.

LOL.  You will need something to convert at the very least! smiley

I got plenty of that...lol.  That new tank top t-shirt dress would like nice on my Ophelia 7 based character!

• Leana said:
    Cybersox said:
    carrie58 said:

Poser doesn't support dual quaternion rigging so G3 and G8 don't work with it, even the DSON importer doesn't help.

There's a method to get at least G3 sorta working in P11, but from memory it requires converting G3 back to TriAx rigging so it's not really G3 anymore.

Thank you for the information.

• MortzeMortze Posts: 184

(Redirected from another post)

Hi, 

I purchased this RiverSoftArt clothing converter https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-8-female-to-genesis-3-female and tired it once. It worked, but I got other stuff to do and a couple of weeks later I've tried it again and this time I can't make it work. 

I've followed the PDF manual, and set the Output directory as it's suggested, but the clothings don't convert successful. It says that failed converterd clothes remain checked on the script and that's what happens. They don't go to the Output directory converted. 

I've printscreened the script and the log. Maybe someone could help me.

Thanks 

print.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 302K
    print2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 376K

So did you remember to put the correct figure in the scene ? from your screen shot there is nothing in the scene ...

Yes. G3 Female is in the scene (you can see in the Scene tab). I just tilted the viewpoint because of nudity censorship.

ahhhh but was she selected?

Definitely. I selected G3 before running the script. The script somehow deselects her when it's running.

• (Redirected from another post)

Hi, 

I purchased this RiverSoftArt clothing converter https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-8-female-to-genesis-3-female and tired it once. It worked, but I got other stuff to do and a couple of weeks later I've tried it again and this time I can't make it work. 

I've followed the PDF manual, and set the Output directory as it's suggested, but the clothings don't convert successful. It says that failed converterd clothes remain checked on the script and that's what happens. They don't go to the Output directory converted. 

I've printscreened the script and the log. Maybe someone could help me.

Thanks 

During normal conversion, the script ensures the content type of the item is a clothing (Follower/Wardrobe) or accessory (Follower/Accessory).  This ensures the script does not try to convert items that might not be clothes/accessories.  Your items are misreporting themselves as type "Follower".  You need to SELECT the CHECKED items and press the "Force Convert" button, which will tell the script that you know what you are doing and do the conversion anyway.

It worked like a charm. Thank you RiverSoftArt for this wonderfull product!

• It worked like a charm. Thank you RiverSoftArt for this wonderfull product!

You're welcome!  I am glad it is working for you now.

• However, other conversions will come out before that one.  

V4 to ... devil

• However, other conversions will come out before that one.  

V4 to ... devil

laugh  All I will say is that we are not working on that one at this time smiley

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415

Hi.

Simple question. The PDF says to put G3F into an A-pose. As far as I'm aware, G3F loads into Daz Studio in the T-pose. Where do I get the A-pose for G3F from?

I did convert an outfit, but the legs of the suit wouldn't cover the legs of G3F.

I'm not good at explaining things, so if you want more detail, I'll try to add more.

Thanks.

• N_R Arts said:

Hi.

Simple question. The PDF says to put G3F into an A-pose. As far as I'm aware, G3F loads into Daz Studio in the T-pose. Where do I get the A-pose for G3F from?

I did convert an outfit, but the legs of the suit wouldn't cover the legs of G3F.

I'm not good at explaining things, so if you want more detail, I'll try to add more.

Thanks.

That is an error when copying from the G3 to G8 manual.  Just put the G3F in the default pose (T-pose).

• Hi, I have a newbie question. In the manual it says that it is best to use the DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library path not the My DAZ 3D Library path. However, I can't find the former. I installed everything using the default settings and on my creaky Win7 machine I have C:\Program Files\Daz3D\DazStudio4 but there is no My Library path (or anything close) under that. Well, there is a libs folder full of dlls but I'm pretty sure you don't mean that. So I created My Library\People\... folders but it doesn't work. I forced the conversion since I saw the follower problem that was mentioned above but it can't write the new file. I suspect it needs admin access to write to the Program Files directory, which it doesn't have and I don't know how to grant. Where should I write the files? Below is the log. Thanks.

21:59:08 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Dress.duf

21:59:08 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Converting clothing from C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Dress.duf to C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/My Library/People/Genesis 3/Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Dress.duf

21:59:08 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Advent Dress is of type Follower

21:59:17 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Error saving C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/My Library/People/Genesis 3/Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Dress.duf

21:59:17 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Boots.duf

21:59:17 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Converting clothing from C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Boots.duf to C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/My Library/People/Genesis 3/Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Boots.duf

21:59:17 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Advent Boots is of type Follower

21:59:22 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Error saving C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/My Library/People/Genesis 3/Female/Clothing/Advent Outfit/Advent Boots.duf

21:59:22 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Execution Complete.

• The The My Library and My DAZ 3D library should both be under My Documents by default I believe.

• The The My Library and My DAZ 3D library should both be under My Documents by default I believe.

My Daz 3D Library defaults to Public Documents - however, there's no "should" about the names or the locations.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2018

That is an error when copying from the G3 to G8 manual.  Just put the G3F in the default pose (T-pose).

Okay, thank you for replying. ^^ 

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • s-m-c-10s-m-c-10 Posts: 5
    edited December 2018

The The My Library and My DAZ 3D library should both be under My Documents by default I believe.

My Daz 3D Library defaults to Public Documents - however, there's no "should" about the names or the locations.

I found it. In case anyone else gets stuck my purchased assets are stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Clothing\ but the directory to write to was C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library...   I created the path \people\Genesis 3\female\clothing\  in My Library and Daz loaded the files.

Post edited by s-m-c-10 on
  • s-m-c-10 said:

The The My Library and My DAZ 3D library should both be under My Documents by default I believe.

I found it. In case anyone else gets stuck my purchased assets are stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Clothing\ but the directory to write to was C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library...   I created the path \people\Genesis 3\female\clothing\  in My Library and Daz loaded the files.

I am glad it is working for you now!