I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Almost full moon but not, with this wicked cloud formation that has parallel line gaps continuously to the horizon. It's an awesome night sky :smirk:

saw that, awesome over the city skyline :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....morning all.

PS1, Looking really good. Wish someone did a modular set of those as I have a lot of scenes which take place in the UK. Maybe Stefan or Jack might do a set (hope hope).

Still wanting a nice large English Country Manor . Using P3DA's Blenworth for now (which is a lovely set) but in the story the Grande Manor is a bit more on the eccentric side (like many of the 19th century ones), a lot more in the style of Waddington Manor. Would be really nice if Jack did one similar to the Dream Home project.

Also looking for a something that would work for a large private townhouse.like those found in the Belgravia or Kensington Gardens districts.

I'll have another go at the coronation street style later on :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Oh I'm waxing a gibbous moon,
    Then I'll buff till it shines while I croon,
    It'll shine through the night,
    With a light that's so bright,
    You can see it the next afternoon!

Big shiny Moon was here last night as well

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Saw this and thought of Wooly and his bacon feasts this weekend :)

Thought I could smell bacon *noms* :lol:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Haha, awesome catch-up session for Borg lol

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    A "Waxing gibbous moon" Now that is a very interesting name LMAO! It soon went Brazilian cos there were no clouds this morning lol

There is allot of myths about a full moon. A common one among Police/Security is that it brings out the worst in people. Speculation for sure, but I have grown to expect 'something' to happen on those nights. Be it a rowdy mob, a fight or vandalism... something seems to happen, and after I deal with it I look at the moon and say "Great, its a full moon"

...well here people tend to drive even more stupidly when there is a full moon. They suddenly forget things like what that red eight-sided sign means, experience temporary bouts of red - green colourblindness at traffic signals, or dyslexia when reading signs (or markings on the road) with direction arrows on them, driving at dusk and night without their headlamps on, and even lapse into a momentary form of absent mindedness regarding what controls of the car they are driving do what.

Sounds like business as usual around here.

My favorite is the person in the left lane of the highway realizing that this is their exit and just sliding over. It happens so often here they just call it the Atlanta Slide and even cops do it.

...when I lived in Seattle that was known as the "Seattle Sweep".

In Boston they call it "I was outside today." If you don't see at least 3 things that stupid in an hour of driving, THAT's lunacy.
    ...I've often seen such in less than fifteen minutes here on a regular basis. I swear that people here redeem cereal box tops (or I guess these days, UPC/proof of purchase symbols) to get their licences. I've written General Mills, Kellog's. Post Foods, and Quaker Oats. to please stop doing this at least for the kids' and us old folks' sake.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

4 and a half pages in 15 hours? Are you people Nuts or just post happy?

I have no life, well none to speak of, but surly some of you have a life.

"The waxing gibbous moon, we have no life, so were going for a full thread in one day Complaint Thread"

Some place back there <<<< was mentioned a going past tired thing. We insomniac's never feel that part, it just goes right into we can't sleep for us. Such a wonderful thing those 72 hour days.</p>

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited August 2013

Jaderail said:
    4 and a half pages in 15 hours? Are you people Nuts or just post happy?...

Yes. :-P

Hey, bacon, birthday cake, and gibbous moons were involved - what can you say? v(^_^)v.

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

...The I Need More Bacon Complaint Thread.
    The My Computer Was On That Plane Complaint Thread.
    The Why Can't I Win The Megabucks Lotto Complaint Thread.
    The This Thread is Achieving Ludicrous Speed Complaint Thread.
    The Tomorrow's Monday Complaint thread.

edited December 1969

...The We Insomniac’s Just Can’t Sleep Complaint Thread.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    A "Waxing gibbous moon" Now that is a very interesting name LMAO! It soon went Brazilian cos there were no clouds this morning lol

There is allot of myths about a full moon. A common one among Police/Security is that it brings out the worst in people. Speculation for sure, but I have grown to expect 'something' to happen on those nights. Be it a rowdy mob, a fight or vandalism... something seems to happen, and after I deal with it I look at the moon and say "Great, its a full moon"

...well here people tend to drive even more stupidly when there is a full moon. They suddenly forget things like what that red eight-sided sign means, experience temporary bouts of red - green colourblindness at traffic signals, or dyslexia when reading signs (or markings on the road) with direction arrows on them, driving at dusk and night without their headlamps on, and even lapse into a momentary form of absent mindedness regarding what controls of the car they are driving do what.

Sounds like business as usual around here.

My favorite is the person in the left lane of the highway realizing that this is their exit and just sliding over. It happens so often here they just call it the Atlanta Slide and even cops do it.

...when I lived in Seattle that was known as the "Seattle Sweep".

In Boston they call it "I was outside today." If you don't see at least 3 things that stupid in an hour of driving, THAT's lunacy.

Well, my uncle used to say that if you can drive in Boston you can drive anywhere. Once, on the way to work on morning on the high end of 24 I saw a woman in a white car. She was in the center lane, I was in the left lane. She had a mascara tube or whatever it's called in her left hand, mascara brush in her right hand, and was looking into the rear view mirror applying it. She was going 80mph! :grrr: She was alone in the car...who was driving?

Dana

edited August 2013

...the toy poodle in her lap perhaps?

This (pets on the lap while driving) has become a major issue where I live to the point it was a lead story in our local fish wrapper.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Oh, KK, I'm not sure if I got that Baker Street freebie on Renderosity or not. The series is a pay thing at RDNA. In either case, I couldn't find it with their searches. Sorry. The whole Baker Street series has gone into the Deep Freeze sale category.

Dana

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

My Gibbous Moon Is Pining for Bacon Complaint Thread

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....morning all.

PS1, Looking really good. Wish someone did a modular set of those as I have a lot of scenes which take place in the UK. Maybe Stefan or Jack might do a set (hope hope).

Still wanting a nice large English Country Manor . Using P3DA's Blenworth for now (which is a lovely set) but in the story the Grande Manor is a bit more on the eccentric side (like many of the 19th century ones), a lot more in the style of Waddington Manor. Would be really nice if Jack did one similar to the Dream Home project.

Also looking for a something that would work for a large private townhouse.like those found in the Belgravia or Kensington Gardens districts.

http://www.daz3d.com/townhouse

http://www.daz3d.com/the-raccolet-house

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Bright full moon and a cloudless night sky outside :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:

Bright full moon and a cloudless night sky outside :)

Very bright (`.`)...

... and we're only on page 94 (v_v).

edited August 2013

Thanks for the photos and comments, had another go along those lines (yesterday's model is out the door already) and these more subdivided newies are ready for texturing - but I'm ready for eats and drinks and recreating :lol:

cccccs.png
    1204 x 617 - 120K
    csss.png
    724 x 630 - 100K
    CS.png
    746 x 640 - 84K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Looking good. Need small dividing walls, between each house frontage, same as main walls. So each front bit is separate for each house.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Looking good. Need small dividing walls, between each house frontage, same as main walls. So each front bit is separate for each house.

Oh yes I see thanks, has attack of lazies right now but yes sure. And gates, need gates. And colour schemes, and some curly decor :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Thanks for the photos and comments, had another go along those lines (yesterday's model is out the door already) and these more subdivided newies are ready for texturing - but I'm ready for eats and drinks and recreating :lol:

Looking good Borg! Everything's really taking shape. I also wish to ask... Is this to be the exterior set of your "creepy man" render? The one where he presumably breaks into that house at night.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

I probably want to apply to jobs while at the library.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint - Monday. :blank: :down:

Non-complaint - GUTS ON SALE IN FASTGRAB!! I grabbed me some disembodied guts!! W00t! :vampire:

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The I Bought Vickys Guts Complaint Thread
    The Downloaded Internal Organs Complaint Thread
    The Moon Pie in The Sky Complaint Thread
    The Render Fender-Bender Complaint Thread

:P

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I probably want to apply to jobs while at the library.

That would definitely be a good idea, Kulay.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

playing catch up with the world :)

rmp has a 15%/15 coupie out today.

no daz coupies so far today

had a dream last night i found my inner talent, waking up was a disappoint.

oh - flutterbys
    http://www.amazon.com/Fiber-Optic-Light-String-Butterflies/dp/B004G7M1S2
    http://www.amazon.com/Butterfly-Optic-Fiber-Color-Changing/dp/B001VNOQ9Q

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

Looking good Borg! Everything's really taking shape. I also wish to ask... Is this to be the exterior set of your "creepy man" render? The one where he presumably breaks into that house at night.

Nah, I made yesterdays version for someone, this is hires for fun but haz tired nao *kerplop*

Tce.jpg
    689 x 628 - 63K
    edited August 2013

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

Nah, I made yesterdays version for someone, this is hires for fun but haz tired nao *kerplop*

This is really coming along well. One little point again, the chimneys are on the adjoining walls of the house, so are back to back for each house, if you see what I mean, is why terrace houses are always reversed, one this way, one that way, so they only have to build one chimney stack. In a 2 up 3 down terrace there would be 4 chimneys, 2 for each house.

The end house on each terrace is always one where the Joining wall is at the end, so the outsid of the chimney stack actually shows on the outside of the house as well as inside.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

I applied to one job and talked with my job couch

edited December 1969

I applied to one job and talked with my job couch

You have a couch that talks to you...about jobs? :lol:

Dana

This discussion has been closed.