I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

14446484950

Comments

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,348
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    Spyro said:
    Non Complaint: Soooo incredibly tempted to buy Axel M5 and Ryuu M5 Cos Ive bought nothing but females the last 2 months.

    Complaint: The AU dollar is dramatically decreasing in value...

    Dammit, looked up their product threads and discovered they use M4 uv! This is why I didn't buy them at release. Such a shame.

    A while back I bought Ryu International for M4 and Genesis. I don't like that they keep making the same things over and over and trying to sell them over and over...even though they claimed when Genesis came out that we wouldn't have to do that with the clothing or even with the characters because Genesis could use the M4/V4 UV maps. But they keep selling new versions of the same stuff over and over anyway. The M4 UV map stuff does work well with Genesis, I tried it for a render. I got the ethnic stuff for Genesis, that is enough for me.

    Internet connection is tenuous...sometimes its fast, sometimes it's almost not there. Ah, well...I'm on vacation anyway.

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,348
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    So you stayed up all night and half the day misty? Tbh I have done that many times lol, but nightshift life after several years really screws up the 'norm' sleep pattern.

    Believe it or not, there is actually a point where your so incredibly tired that you no longer feel tired anymore. It's extremely hard to stay awake long enough to reach that point. But certain circumstances had me reach that point in the past.

    +1...several times.

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,348
    edited December 1969

    Whew! I must be on a mad cleaning spree - I cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, shaved, tooka shower, and brushed my 4 teef! :P

    Now relaxing with a St. Pauli Girl, ZZ Top, and watching a very s l o w render. :black:

    Pixel.. after pixel.. after pixel... snzzzz... :roll:

    How how how.

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,348
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ....morning all.

    PS1, Looking really good. Wish someone did a modular set of those as I have a lot of scenes which take place in the UK. Maybe Stefan or Jack might do a set (hope hope).


    There is...or was...one. I used it for my image Rescued! a couple of years ago. I think I got it at Renderosity, and it was a freebie. Baker St. add-on I think it was called. I loaded several copies to make it look just like in those photos.

    I'm not home, so I can't look up the link. Sorry.

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,348
    edited December 1969

    Oh, so I'm alone in here. That's OK. I'll be back later maybe.

    Dana

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited August 2013

    'morning :blank: ... nah, not alone, just lurking with Mondayitis (~_~)...

    Happy Birthday Skiriki! (^_^)/

    Post edited by M F M on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Excellent! Here,, have some more cake!!!

    YAY!

    Happy Birthday :exclaim:

    Cheers

    what kind of renders do yoo want for your birthday?

    Anything with a hawt RDJ lookalike :lol:

    Happy Birthday Skiriki!

    Thank youuuu!

    Almost full moon but not, with this wicked cloud formation that has parallel line gaps continuously to the horizon. It's an awesome night sky :smirk:

    Oh! It is waxing gibbous moon! (Which, btw, is my birth moon as well.) That "explains" why I can't sleep, even if I am dead tired and managed a short nap before I woke up for realz again. I have always had problems a night before full moon to fall asleep or stay asleep; a coincidence, perhaps, but it annoys the crap out of me more than usual sleeplessness does.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,348
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    Excellent! Here,, have some more cake!!!

    YAY!

    Happy Birthday :exclaim:

    Cheers

    what kind of renders do yoo want for your birthday?

    Anything with a hawt RDJ lookalike :lol:

    Happy Birthday Skiriki!

    Thank youuuu!

    Almost full moon but not, with this wicked cloud formation that has parallel line gaps continuously to the horizon. It's an awesome night sky :smirk:

    Oh! It is waxing gibbous moon! (Which, btw, is my birth moon as well.) That "explains" why I can't sleep, even if I am dead tired and managed a short nap before I woke up for realz again. I have always had problems a night before full moon to fall asleep or stay asleep; a coincidence, perhaps, but it annoys the crap out of me more than usual sleeplessness does.

    I read or saw a news article recently that said there has been some research to suggest that the phases of the moon do have some kind of effect on sleep...even if it can't be seen by the subject. During full moon it seems that a good percentage of the populus have more difficulty falling asleep, and sleep on average one hour less.

    Dana

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    A "Waxing gibbous moon" Now that is a very interesting name LMAO! It soon went Brazilian cos there were no clouds this morning lol

    There is allot of myths about a full moon. A common one among Police/Security is that it brings out the worst in people. Speculation for sure, but I have grown to expect 'something' to happen on those nights. Be it a rowdy mob, a fight or vandalism... something seems to happen, and after I deal with it I look at the moon and say "Great, its a full moon"

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,951
    edited August 2013

    Well, one must not ignore the effect of confirmation bias, of course. :)

    Trouble + no full moon = Oh, life as usual

    Trouble + full moon (which is very visible) = ZOMG FULL MOON TROUBLE

    When I was in tech support, I noticed that all the WEIRDOS started calling after the sun set.

    Post edited by Skiriki on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    ROFL! Thats about right Ski :smirk:

    Tho I must admit, I do love the cold rainy storm nights, apart from hoons doing what (it is they think) they do best, the general population of naughty kids on the block are less inclined to pass through. Tho thats not so true if your in the heart of town with all the nightclubs/pubs.

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,951
    edited August 2013

    Spyro said:
    ROFL! Thats about right Ski :smirk:

    Tho I must admit, I do love the cold rainy storm nights, apart from hoons doing what (it is they think) they do best, the general population of naughty kids on the block are less inclined to pass through. Tho thats not so true if your in the heart of town with all the nightclubs/pubs.

    That, on the other hand, makes sense. Who wants to get wet? Even worse, wet and cold? In darkness? Nah, better to hole up and stay warm. ;)

    Edited to add: You do know why they call low-ranking enlisted military folks as "privates"? That's because just like the other privates, they are likely to curl up and go hiding whenever they encounter cold weather or something frightening. ;)

    Post edited by Skiriki on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,399
    edited August 2013

    Spyro said:
    A "Waxing gibbous moon" Now that is a very interesting name LMAO! It soon went Brazilian cos there were no clouds this morning lol

    There is allot of myths about a full moon. A common one among Police/Security is that it brings out the worst in people. Speculation for sure, but I have grown to expect 'something' to happen on those nights. Be it a rowdy mob, a fight or vandalism... something seems to happen, and after I deal with it I look at the moon and say "Great, its a full moon"


    ...well here people tend to drive even more stupidly when there is a full moon. They suddenly forget things like what that red eight-sided sign means, experience temporary bouts of red - green colourblindness at traffic signals, or dyslexia when reading signs (or markings on the road) with direction arrows on them, driving at dusk and night without their headlamps on, and even lapse into a momentary form of absent mindedness regarding what controls of the car they are driving do what.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    A "Waxing gibbous moon" Now that is a very interesting name LMAO! It soon went Brazilian cos there were no clouds this morning lol

    There is allot of myths about a full moon. A common one among Police/Security is that it brings out the worst in people. Speculation for sure, but I have grown to expect 'something' to happen on those nights. Be it a rowdy mob, a fight or vandalism... something seems to happen, and after I deal with it I look at the moon and say "Great, its a full moon"


    ...well here people tend to drive even more stupidly when there is a full moon. They suddenly forget things like what that red eight-sided sign means, experience temporary bouts of red - green colourblindness at traffic signals, or dyslexia when reading signs (or markings on the road) with direction arrows on them, driving at dusk and night without their headlamps on, and even lapse into a momentary form of absent mindedness regarding what controls of the car they are driving do what.

    Sounds like business as usual around here.

    My favorite is the person in the left lane of the highway realizing that this is their exit and just sliding over. It happens so often here they just call it the Atlanta Slide and even cops do it.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,399
    edited December 1969

    ...when I lived in Seattle that was known as the "Seattle Sweep".

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,071
    edited December 1969

    Oh I'm waxing a gibbous moon,
    Then I'll buff till it shines while I croon,
    It'll shine through the night,
    With a light that's so bright,
    You can see it the next afternoon!

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,071
    edited December 1969

    The Waxing Gibbous Complaint Thread

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2013

    Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    ROFL! Thats about right Ski :smirk:

    Tho I must admit, I do love the cold rainy storm nights, apart from hoons doing what (it is they think) they do best, the general population of naughty kids on the block are less inclined to pass through. Tho thats not so true if your in the heart of town with all the nightclubs/pubs.

    That, on the other hand, makes sense. Who wants to get wet? Even worse, wet and cold? In darkness? Nah, better to hole up and stay warm. ;)

    Edited to add: You do know why they call low-ranking enlisted military folks as "privates"? That's because just like the other privates, they are likely to curl up and go hiding whenever they encounter cold weather or something frightening. ;)

    L M A O!!! You know, I never thought of it that way!!

    That said though, the police affiliated with security training always said there were two responses to a threatening situation (or perceived as threatening to the person) and they were "fight" (Fight/Defend/Standing-ground) or "flight" (Run-away/Back-off/Submit). The two can be mixed, obviously, such as Fight-to-Flight. The same response can be seen in the onlookers of the incident. (Just think of a car crash, and how many cars pass the crash site and keep driving. You hear about it all the time).

    I remember the subject brought up the concern of "freezing" where the person literally is too frightened to move. It fell to something along the lines of: in such a traumatic incident, a person will subconsciously make that decision. That it is instinct, either way. Someone may (and in many cases) "freeze" in the aftermath in shock, but it was highly unlikely the persons involved in the incident wouldn't try to either Fight or Flight (or both).

    At least Thats what I remember of the subject. But wow, thats such a hilarious reasoning for the rank lol

    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    The Waxing Gibbous Complaint Thread

    THIS MUST BE THE THREAD TITLE!! Lol

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    The Waxing Gibbous Complaint Thread

    THIS MUST BE THE THREAD TITLE!! Lol
    +1 ... unless it takes us so long to get to the end of the thread that the moon starts waning! >_<</p>

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    The Waxing moon has left my part of the world, thats for sure

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,071
    edited August 2013

    @M F M: Since this thread began on the 5th of August, and we're on page 92, I'd say chances are good.

    Post edited by Tjohn on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    This thread seems to have an increasing turn over rate each time. It feels like yesterday it was page 1 lol

    Maybe its time Daz made the complaint thread a complaint chat room ;-P

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 17,301
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    A "Waxing gibbous moon" Now that is a very interesting name LMAO! It soon went Brazilian cos there were no clouds this morning lol

    There is allot of myths about a full moon. A common one among Police/Security is that it brings out the worst in people. Speculation for sure, but I have grown to expect 'something' to happen on those nights. Be it a rowdy mob, a fight or vandalism... something seems to happen, and after I deal with it I look at the moon and say "Great, its a full moon"


    ...well here people tend to drive even more stupidly when there is a full moon. They suddenly forget things like what that red eight-sided sign means, experience temporary bouts of red - green colourblindness at traffic signals, or dyslexia when reading signs (or markings on the road) with direction arrows on them, driving at dusk and night without their headlamps on, and even lapse into a momentary form of absent mindedness regarding what controls of the car they are driving do what.

    Sounds like business as usual around here.

    My favorite is the person in the left lane of the highway realizing that this is their exit and just sliding over. It happens so often here they just call it the Atlanta Slide and even cops do it.

    ...when I lived in Seattle that was known as the "Seattle Sweep".

    In Boston they call it "I was outside today." If you don't see at least 3 things that stupid in an hour of driving, THAT's lunacy.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Morning. Sunshine and cloud playing chase under a blue grey sky outside my window today :)

  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

    Saw this and thought of Wooly and his bacon feasts this weekend :)

    IMadeASalad.jpg
    600 x 456 - 197K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Iz reasonably suggestive of English Terraces like on that old TV program with the Rovers Pub, whatever is called? Do they have slate roofs? All brick? Chimneys? *clueless*

    like this

    or this

    Thanks very much for that - wow pointy top brick fences and pairs of chimneys and love those faded green and blue windows - the houses march up the hill like a mob of bulls, puttin' their shoulders in :lol:

    Oh PS Coronation Street, was on tip of tongue :lol:

    Even more so when you see the Terraces up here These are older, mid 19th century and Stone, but mostly rendered over now and painted in white or pale pastel. We have a small front "garden" but as you can see the one opposite open straight onto the street.

    Wales looks pretty :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Has been very stormy here this weekend, trees down and roofs off everywhere. Local food truck got cot called out yesterday for the first time in ages, spent most of the day and night hanging around an assembly area waiting for something worse to happen, but it never did :)


    Antarctic winds?

    scary stuff.

    Was pretty cold but not the normal South wind. Much calmer today :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Woah, chorizo egg and cheese breakfast taco - dang it's HHOOTTT!!!!! :bug: :ahhh:

    Sure tasty, though - the pork chorizo cooked up with almost no greae, just enough to cook the egg.. plop into a nice homestyle (read: thick) tortilla w/ cheese and it's tasty food ready to nom!

    Perfect food to eat while I do laundry and render. :blank:

    I won't need lunch since I got started so late, so dinner will be mesquite smoked sausages and spinach! :coolsmile:

    I need to get air fresheners and Febreeze next week, the place smells like a restaurant kitchen (lol)!


    mmmm tasty smell, just add bacon :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Experimenting with skydomes. IDL + skydome + hair = 2 day render, to heck with that.

    This is occlusion and took less than 1/2 hour to render and looks as good.

    looks like she came out swinging :)

This discussion has been closed.