Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

Electro-Elvis : Superb city scene, love the car.

Hansmar : thanks.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Dave - the Breaking Waves looks great

Eugenius - Nice render, I agree with the others maybe just a little dark.

Electro-Elvis - very nice render, beautiful car

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited October 2018

Hansmar - thank you.

A landscape with faults, steps and peaks made in the TE by adding a second fractal, lowering the bracket the yellow part protects the first generated fractal. I couldn't help to render an anaglyph as well.

Faults and Steps

Faults and Steps Anaglyph

FaultsAndSteps.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 245K
    FaultsAndStepsAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 309K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited October 2018

Horo - another set of excellent renders.

An Anaglyph of an Abstract render using replicated Tori and an Hdri from Exotic Hdri for Fantasy Skies and Sci-fi1 and the ALS lens,

I love the effect of these 3D renders.

infinity2-tori-ana.jpg
    600 x 600 - 187K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. Super beautiful anaglyph and good replication work.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2018

You know, I always love grabbing the old red/blue glasses (just in front of my comp-screen), and then viewing wonderful works by say, Horo and Mermaid.

As the gogs are so cheep, and increase one's visual experience, why are not more getting involved. One can avail of 'wares out there to achieve such - for example, Horo's & Brinnen's product that can have one easily producing 3D anaglyphs in minutes.

Such works can increase creativity, and, who knows, increase work-related sales -  how impressed would, say, your employer be when during a presentation you slapped down a red/blue goggle in front of them, and showed them their latest model in 3D.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited October 2018

Wonderful terrain, Horo. Still no red/blue glasses. Should ask them for my birthday!

More World Machine created worlds. First one I call 'nightdesert' and second one is obviously some form of canyon. The second one is stacked with two different textures.

nightdesert.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 904K
    canyon1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2018

Side tracked again... Had to find an acorn today for one of my commercial renders... Found a basic freebie that was not realistic so the challenge was to make it look more realistic. Apart from the knobble bit on the end of it, it's looking quite good now.

Also, the scene surrounding it helps of course... That's taken from Horo and David's Ground Textures and Matching Terrains set.

This silly forum software isn't letting me upload pictures to the forum, so I've put it in my Gallery and linked it from there. But I'm not going to upload the basic acorn model render I did for comparison to the Gallery...

EDIT: OK, it looks like it was uploading them, but just not showing me in the post preview that it had uploaded, so the basic acorn is small below, All I did to it here was to make the 2 components different colours to show it is in 2 parts.

BasicAcorn.jpg
    450 x 650 - 92K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited October 2018

And in other news: I also made a quite cool looking shell material as I was doing beach scenes. I found a good shell model and needed a good material for it.

Uses curvature on the material and really enhances the grooves in a natural way.

OneShell.jpg
    650 x 650 - 369K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Nice shell!

Horo : nice terrain and anaglyph.

mermaid : beautiful anaglyph, love the colours.

Hansmar : very nice terrains.

Dave Savage : cool acorn image and excellent shell material !

Thanks Horo, Jay and Adbc

Hansmar - another set of nice terrains

Dave - very nice acorn render, excellent mat for the shell

edited October 2018

Hansmar - thank you. You're very modest if you're happy with red/cyan goggles for a birthday present. I couldn't have bought a loaf of bread with what I paid for one of my goggles.
    Your terrains look nice.

Dave - very nice macro scene with the acorn and the shell looks excellent.

adbc - thank you.

I got inspired by mermaid's anaglyph.

Shape 201 Anaglyph

Shape201Ana.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 194K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Side tracked again... Had to find an acorn today for one of my commercial renders... Found a basic freebie that was not realistic so the challenge was to make it look more realistic. Apart from the knobble bit on the end of it, it's looking quite good now.

Also, the scene surrounding it helps of course... That's taken from Horo and David's Ground Textures and Matching Terrains set.

This silly forum software isn't letting me upload pictures to the forum, so I've put it in my Gallery and linked it from there. But I'm not going to upload the basic acorn model render I did for comparison to the Gallery...

EDIT: OK, it looks like it was uploading them, but just not showing me in the post preview that it had uploaded, so the basic acorn is small below, All I did to it here was to make the 2 components different colours to show it is in 2 parts.

Excellent! 

Canyon one, Hansmar, is super.

That's a great-looking shell, Dave, and the mat suits - has that iridescent colour you get sometimes on shells (Les Cowley of OPTD has a nice one showing the effect).

Horo, you should have added a warning with that anaglyph, I nearly snapped my neck to avoid, as it protruded out so far.

Jay

The laurels of Dave Savage did not give me peace, so I modeled these acorns (Wings 3D) yesterday evening and made this picture.
    The scene has two stones (Bryce and Wings 3D), dry branches (Wings 3D), a dead tree (Wings 3D), an agave plant (freebie), moss and another plant without a name (Wings 3D). The texture of the soil is a mixture of dry branches and leaves, which I created for this scene. All textures are procedural except agave.
    Of course, much can be improved here, so criticism is welcome.
    The rest of the information in my DAZ gallery.

Жёлуди и грибы.jpg
    800 x 600 - 545K
    Gray.jpg
    800 x 600 - 237K

Horo - wow awesome 3D, love it.yes

Slepalex - beautiful acorns. I'm always impressed by your Wings 3D plant, models.

Jamahoney - thank you. Actually, this is the least protruding of the three I rendered. I didn't want anybody to get knocked out of the room. laugh

Slepalex - this is a really beautiful scene and I envy you for your Wings3D modeling skills.

mermaid - thank you.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Some horrible pic from me this time

This is more or less what i currently "get" when i try something "from scratch" instead of "following footsteps". Though i like "sponge" look  (might be due to those old materials) of it and multi-colours thing. 

Ok, need to go back to learning more :)

Speaking of tuts, 've enjoyed making those cracks..

I was a bit AFK regarding this forum and/or Bryce itself lately, so i paused all of this, and need to continue.

-

Good to see you all making pretty much jaw dropping renders here! I usually take a quick look at this thread when i'm not logged in before sleep for some inspiration and perhaps to alter dreams.

edited November 2018

Alex: Great model of your acorn. I did think about modelling my own in Wings, but then found the freebie so opted for that instead. As it turns out the client I originally was doing it for hasn't gone with that particular idea so I'm glad I didn't spend more time on it, but I will post it at a later date when the chosen advert has been published.

Akmerlow: It's not "horrible". It's a usefull looking thing to me. Could be the start of a cave wall with that texture on it... Change the red colour to green and have slime on your wall. Also like how you've got the specular highlight on the cracks in the other pic. It highlights the depth more.

This nearly went into the Terrain Editor thread, but it's more a finished render rather than an experiment. It started as a mixture of Weathered Dikes and Classic Fractal on a Planetary Sized terrain. Then I used the yellow bracket to filter out the high parts and used the Eroded filter dragging left. That created a slightly different terrain look in the bottom part of the terrain and created the single ridge. Removing the yellow bracket, I then gave it a quick smoothing before duplicating it and slightly dampening the duplicate. Then the Y axis height was adjusted so the dampened one just poked through a bit in the bottom of the canyon. Then just added a material with a small amount of green to give the canyon a look of having some vegetation. So it's very much like Horo's Stacked Terrains tecnique only the second terrain has filters applied to it to make it slightly different from the one it's stacked with. It's also given the base of the ridge a more natural shape.

Title: One Ridge Canyon

OneRidgeCanyonALT.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 551K

Alex: Great model of your acorn. I did think about modelling my own in Wings, but then found the freebie so opted for that instead. As it turns out the client I originally was doing it for hasn't gone with that particular idea so I'm glad I didn't spend more time on it, but I will post it at a later date when the chosen advert has been published.

Akmerlow: It's not "horrible". It's a usefull looking thing to me. Could be the start of a cave wall with that texture on it... Change the red colour to green and have slime on your wall. Also like how you've got the specular highlight on the cracks in the other pic. It highlights the depth more.

This nearly went into the Terrain Editor thread, but it's more a finished render rather than an experiment. It started as a mixture of Weathered Dikes and Classic Fractal on a Planetary Sized terrain. Then I used the yellow bracket to filter out the high parts and used the Eroded filter dragging left. That created a slightly different terrain look in the bottom part of the terrain and created the single ridge. Removing the yellow bracket, I then gave it a quick smoothing before duplicating it and slightly dampening the duplicate. Then the Y axis height was adjusted so the dampened one just poked through a bit in the bottom of the canyon. Then just added a material with a small amount of green to give the canyon a look of having some vegetation. So it's very much like Horo's Stacked Terrains tecnique only the second terrain has filters applied to it to make it slightly different from the one it's stacked with. It's also given the base of the ridge a more natural shape.

Title: One Ridge Canyon

Dave! A great classic example of confident mastering the work techniques in Terrain Editor.

akmerlow - not horrible at all. They open many option to proceed from here.

Dave - good and interesting looking terrain. Yup, stacking terrains (David's idea originally) can be used for different effects. I like what you've done here.

edited November 2018

Don't take it personally, but nice cracks, Akmerlow...reminds me of chocolate.

Majestic, Dave...pity you don't have 3D-ishyness capabilities...would make for a great anaglyph I'm sure.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

Horo : I like the anaglyph.

Slepalex : great scene and wings3D modeling of the acorns.

akmerlow : Not horrible at all.

Dave Savage : Superb terrain. 

• Horo - Really nice Fault steps landscapes and excellent anaglyph render.

mermaid010 - Beautiful abstract artwork. 

Hansmar - Awesome terrains and keep up the good work.

Dave Savage - I love the rendered close up of the acorns and rocks. The ground textures are killer. Nice job. The material on the seashell is very realistic. One Ridge Canyon freaking rocks! 

Slepalex - Very good modeling on those acorns and the rendered scene is excellent. Really nice job.

akmerlow - Actually the first image reminds me of underwater rock formations and looks good. The crack plateau looks great.

Dead Zone was created with GeoControl Demo and imported in Bryce. You wouldn't know it but there are 5 terrains that were clipped in order to emphasize the terrace and control the texturing. I used Dave Brinnen's Pro Materials - Raptor Skin and modified it to fit the overall landscape.

Dead Zone.png
    1114 x 819 - 2M

adbc - thank you.

Eugenius - thank you. Do you know that you can mix texture in channel A with texture in channel B with channel C? There's nothing wrong with stacking clipped terrains (good idea) to get different materials in different heights. However, sometimes the hard transitions don't look good (but sometimes they do), and it can be expensive memory wise if you use high resolution terrains to get more details. The terrain you came up with looks great.

• Horo - Thank you. Yes, I do know that Bryce's Deep Texture Editor can combine the texture channels, but I don't always know how exactly. My research list includes searching the forum for any past topics regarding the DTE and also refer to the Bryce 4 Bible as well. But for now, I cheat by clipping the terrains and applying different textures until something decent sticks. With GeoControl and Bryce, I tend to use 2048 terrain resolution.

Akmerlow - that's a nice terrain especially for an underwater scene, I agree with Jay the cracks render look like chocolate.

Dave - interesting looking terrain.

Eugenius - thanks. Very nice terrain, the materials and lighting work well together. Hopeful you will find this video helpful   https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials/bryce-basics-remixing-pro-materials/

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Dave and Slapalex: great autumn - acorn - renders.

Akmerlow, Dave and Eugenius: very nice terrain renders.

Eugenius : Excellent terrain render.

This discussion has been closed.