Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

This latest iteration of my coastline uses a terrain for the ocean with the addition of foam on the rocks to soften the edge of the water in the center of the picture. Looking at it now, I messed up getting carried away with getting colour in the sky and now think it would benefit from a heavy dark cloudy sky with the rough water.

Dave Savage, a lot of advantages in your work, texture and material of water and so on.
    But I will say about the shortcomings. The waves are too large and the frequency of their repetition is too small. It turns out that an island with ruins looks miniature. You can export a height map to Photoshop and repeat it there to increase the frequency. In TE, it can be very difficult to do. 

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2018

Ah, that's it, Horo, the blink-comparator - an instrument which has found many a comet, asteroid etc., in the astro fields. Of course, I know you well know this.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2018
    Slepalex said:

This latest iteration of my coastline uses a terrain for the ocean with the addition of foam on the rocks to soften the edge of the water in the center of the picture. Looking at it now, I messed up getting carried away with getting colour in the sky and now think it would benefit from a heavy dark cloudy sky with the rough water.

Dave Savage, a lot of advantages in your work, texture and material of water and so on.
    But I will say about the shortcomings. The waves are too large and the frequency of their repetition is too small. It turns out that an island with ruins looks miniature. You can export a height map to Photoshop and repeat it there to increase the frequency. In TE, it can be very difficult to do. 

Thanks Hamsmar, Horo and Alex... I see what you mean but am only playing here... To do 7 renders in just under 48 hours (render 8 rendering now) as well as doing one gig, going to see someone else do a gig and then open mic night tonight plus all the usual life.sleep stuff... I'm already side tracked enough without going into Photoshop. laugh
    I'm saving the materials, skies and terrains as I go so I can maybe revisit them in the future and tighten them up.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,095

Dave Savage : Very nice water landscapes. Your last entry has a beautiful water texture with the foam on the rocks. 

Electro-Elvis : Great lighting on both scenes. No preference I like them both.

edited October 2018

I blame the wonderful David Attenborough for these works cheeky...and I suppose the recent IPCC's current report (link is to The Guardian) on Climate Change - 1.5C over 2.0C.

'Glacial Expedition' the first, and the inevitable '3D attempt'.

Jay

GlacialFlow.jpg
    1200 x 573 - 965K

Glacial3D.jpg
    1153 x 567 - 835K

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987
    edited October 2018

Horo – beautiful renders and anaglyphssmiley

Akmerlow  - nice set of renders.

Dave – all your renders are beautiful, perfect lighting and textures

Electro-Elvis – great lighting experiments. I like the results of both renders

Jay – the 1st one looks like a painting, the anaglyph is awesome.

A misty day using one of David’s and Horo’s 2D Object Cloud

2dex7.jpg
    750 x 577 - 192K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Thanks, Mermaid...love your work too - looks like a Turner sky yes

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited October 2018

Jamahoney - seems that we both had some snow in mind. Very nice icy shore scene. The anaglyph looks great.

mermaid - thank you. Very well done misty scene.

Here's my rocky mountains scene with glaciers and the not very spectacular anaglyph.

Glaciers

Glaciers Anaglyph

Glaciers.jpg
    1200 x 803 - 216K
    GlaciersAna.jpg
    1200 x 803 - 267K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Jay and Horo

Horo - beautiful glaciers, the anaglyph is cool. Thanks for the pdfs, I just saw the link for the smooth terrains.

edited October 2018

The light, Horo, on your original is just grogeous (3D works fine, too - shows the distant craggs). Is it me or...but don't mountain works always want one to strap on the old ruksak, and just get walking on trails and peaks.

Jay

Jay: Great Glacier... Almost see it sliding into the water.

Mermaid: Good atmosphere... Wouldn't want to be out walking in that mist.

Horo: Excellent terrain and excellent material... Very convincing.

Still not a fan of the 3D renders (only because I haven't managed to dig out my 20 year old 3D glasses)... Still prefer the quinty eye Stereo ones (because my eyes are sort of squinty anyway so it's easy for me). laugh

Jamahoney : Awesome glacier and anaglyph !

mermaid : the cloud scene is outstanding.

Horo : Superb rocky mountain and anaglyph.

Cheers, Dave and AdBc.

Jay

Thanks Dave and Adbc

edited October 2018

Last of the coastline ones from me... I've had to do some product renders and build some Point of Sale models this week so when those are done, I'll find a new subject.

These were supposed to be about playing with the Terrain Editor but they turned into materials explorations to get better blending between water and land... Maybe I'll just do what I intended to do wouthout getting side tracked. laugh

MooringPost2.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 383K

mermaid, Jay, Dave, adbc - thank you.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited October 2018

Not posted anything for a while, except for the last challenge.

These are my latest.

Almost Home.

Cliff Divers.

Release The Drones. Thanks to S Ray for the Battlecraft model, which I used for the Drones.

Almost Home.jpg
    841 x 456 - 138K
    Cliff Divers.jpg
    986 x 668 - 548K
    Release The Drones.jpg
    1155 x 684 - 840K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2018

3 More.

Rescued 2.

Early Morning Training.

Rescued.

Rescued 2.jpg
    1298 x 766 - 999K
    Early Morning Training.jpg
    1298 x 683 - 1M
    Rescued.jpg
    1333 x 603 - 552K
    edited October 2018

3 More.

The Searchers.

From The Murky Depths.

Fish and Lobster.

The Searchers.jpg
    1008 x 572 - 330K
    Murky.jpg
    939 x 775 - 611K
    Fish.jpg
    1298 x 900 - 1M
    edited October 2018

Last 1.

A Day Out.

A Day Out.jpg
    1080 x 749 - 597K

Wow StuartB a beautiful collection of renders, superb material and lightings, love them all.

Stuart - I've seen all of them already elsewhere and commented - and I haven't changed my mind. Beautiful all of them, great work. The only thing I find is the ship in "A Day Out" is a bit big for the fjord, difficult to turn around. But that's just nit-picking.

Thanks Mermaid.

@Horo. Thanks. Yeah, would have been better with a bit wider passage.

Super works, Stuart...my first time seeing them all, and love the 'Rescued' one (looks like a Spitfire...I thought those machines were invincible cheeky).

Jay

Thanks Jay. Yeah a spitfire it is.

StuartB : Great renders, I like all of them.

edited October 2018

Cool set of renders Stuart... I especially like the effect you've got on the helicopter rotors.

I actually managed to stick to my intention this time Ifor now at least) and have been playing with the brush effects and blending of terrain fractals in the Terrain Editor.

For years I've thought that the "Erosion" option in the brush effects didn't do anything, but it's actually quite cool. I'm still trying different things with it but flying blind so if anyone has any info (I'm probably talking to you Horo, but anyone else also), I'd appreciate links/videos etc.

I've not gone to town on the materials here, so thought a Lunar type surface and setting would best suit.

LunarSurface1.jpg
    975 x 975 - 464K
    LunarSurface2.jpg
    975 x 975 - 652K

Dave - awesome examples

This discussion has been closed.