I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    FROSTED BEER MUGS oh yeah. oh yeah.

hmm why do they call the Black Dog song Black Dog, there's no dog in the lyrics?

Bytor and snowdog has a dog in the lyrics.

I have no idea, but Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groov..! :snake:

Frosted beer mugs, yessssssssssssss... I wonder if it's too early for a beer?

Have Boston on now, want a cold beer. Rendering volumetrics is boring as heck. I need a quad-core Haswell i7, it's moved up over saving for my New Orleans vacation. :bug::

...nah, this will solve all your rendering needs.

http://www.cray.com/Products/Computing/XE/XE6m.aspx

Processor cabinet can have up to 192 16 core CPUs, 96 nVidia 4Tesla X2090 GPUs,. The 4 compute cabinets can have up to 3,072 processor cores per cabinet for a total of over 15,000 cores and over 40,000GB memory with a peak performance of 30.7 Tflops per cabinet.

Yeah that would put a substantial dent in rendering time...

...if only Daz could run on Linux.

Slick - I've run FORTRAN on an old Cray XMP for.. one of my past jobs. :red: :red: Fast as hell and cooled with Freon. :ahhh:

I need to get 3Delight running on a 16-core Paralella board: http://www.adapteva.com/products/eval-kits/parallella/

..it runs Linux but I think 3Delight has a Linux version.. but getting the renderer to run on the specialized 16-core coprocessor would be a bi.. erm, issue. I coulkd port LuxRender to it, or maybe get Octane on it. That one board could blow a renderfarm away, but the software effort! :ahhh: :ahhh:

Of course, I could sell the support software and make a fortune, I guess. Might be worth a try.. the low-end version is only $200, and I do know how to code (heh)! :vampire:

...it you built and configured it, I'd consider one. (need to get another box, PS, and network card)

I have LuxRender as well as Blender Cycles which would both benefit greatly from that. Also the discussion mentions CUDA which would really accelerate the Cycles engine as it already supports unbiased GPU rendering. Unfortunately, the 3Delight unlimited core licence is something like 1,250$ (850$ if you go via the upgrade route from the free duo core licence) ...and support costs extra.

My biggest issue is that getting anything running on that board will be a multi-year project.. synchronizing thread access to shared RAM resources is going to be problematic, although I could do copy-on-access for smaller references with enough RAM, or break a single frame into 16 core-sized bits.. many possible approaches.

It's cheap - $200 for the 16 core version - and the sw dev tools are free. This wheezy i5 box would be perfect for it,

I can't believe I'm even thinking about this. :-S

...ahh, but you have the expertise I am lacking. I can put these things together and get them running, but when it comes to configuration coding I'm like a caveman who was just handed a sliderule.

I have to thank my lack of a life.. since Ihave no life I have lots of time to spend on this stuff. :blank:

Argh, I just shoved a floruscent torus into the scene! I'll be a this all nifght! (cry cry)

..ahh at least it was just into the scene and not in Vick-...oh, right, need to stay TOS compliant here.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The torus ruins the scene because it doesn't interact properly with the volumetrics .. le sigh.

Back to the drawing board. Maybe UberAreaLight...

The pork carnitas fajita soft tacos came out PERFECT! Off to wath a movie and eat! :coolsmile:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    my virtual bf won't make coffee for me. he says he'll put the pot on but then nothing happens. what does a girl have to do for a cup o cawffee

day old croissants for breakfast :)

croissant, is french for crescent?

no milk to make pancakes, feh

...yeah, my virtual daughter is the same way.

However oddly, the cheese and crackers as well as Ćevapi I get seem to keep disappearing and I thought that the level of Kruškovac in the bottle has been going down faster than it should.

virtual bf manages to spend my money :roll: :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    my virtual bf won't make coffee for me. he says he'll put the pot on but then nothing happens. what does a girl have to do for a cup o cawffee

day old croissants for breakfast :)

croissant, is french for crescent?

no milk to make pancakes, feh

...yeah, my virtual daughter is the same way.

However oddly, the cheese and crackers as well as Ćevapi I get seem to keep disappearing and I thought that the level of Kruškovac in the bottle has been going down faster than it should.

virtual bf manages to spend my money :roll: :)

I would call that a virus or worm or hacker.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, not only has the V4 to G2F clone disappeared from the store, but the G2F Morphs bundle is no longer 51% off.

...somedays you just can't win for losing.

Welcome to my curse.

Can't help you with the morphs bundle, though it is still 30% off for PC and there was a new 5/25 coupon that went out last night.

V4 for G2F clone is still in the store though - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

...didn't get the newsletter again (also checked the Spam folder to make sure it didn't get sent there).

Just checked my subscription status and I should be getting them.
    Was a general Coupon, not PC. Good for everything but GC, so PA is go.
    BTW, didja check your PM? :)

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Got "sandblasted" last night.

Decided to walk to the grocery at 8:30pm. It was 85F so I was sweating when I got there. After picking up a few things I needed, i stepped outside right into one of our summer dust storms. Walking home INTO the wind which is blowing dust at 35mph with gusts up to 45mph is NOT fun. Still over 80F but the wind kept me from sweating. Still, from the little bit of sweat plus the blowing dust, got home last night looking like I had been working at a construction site. Took my second shower in two hours just to clean the dust off.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Bright sun and warm spots to sit in makes for a quintessential Melbourne Sunday ;)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Nice
    love the glow effect

Hey thanks, is the fire effect just starting to build. Still learning to software http://www.jawset.com/

edited December 1969

MMrmph.. Saturday. Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and lots of it! :blank:

Had a hell of a good time last night and didn't spend all my money, wow! Amazing.. (evil grin)

Today - stay home and render all day! More fun w/ volumetrics, fog, and the glow shaders. DS isn't Lightwave but it's pretty amazing what it'll do. :cheese:

Lunch time.. I think a chipotle cheese quesidilla! :coolsmile: Yummy!

Now, where to start? Oh yeah.. rescan for the new content.. :blank:

*edit* Finally getting somewhere! I needed to RTFM on the atmospheric camera, now I'm seeing volumes! :coolsmile:

Amazing what reading the directions can do... :blank:

THe biggest SNAFU with volumetrics is having the camera inside the effect :lol: so what's behind the camera doesn't render ;)

edited December 1969

i need milk but i don't wanna carry it home a mile, is heavy.

but i'll carry an ice cream birthday cake home. would carry it 2 miles.

is it anyone's birthday this week? half birthday?

Not even half birthday doh!

edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Cold, rainy, grey and gloomy day, sunrise hasn't made much difference :)

Here in Arizona we call that a miracle.:lol:

Downunder we call it a PITA :lol:

edited December 1969

12:30PM and it's already 93F. Supposed to hit 105F today. :ahhh:

Out of 1/2 and 1/2 but I'm not carrying it home in my pack in this heat! :bug: It'd boil.. :sick:

Volumetric testing #001!

That's the way :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    After I install things, I move the promo images to my promo image library...a series of folders that categorize the items, along with identifying where I got them. I have this for both freebies and paid items, as I do for the zips and link lists as well.

Dana

wow that's really organised. I'm so the opposite.... :lol:

edited December 1969

Now have 2 high-quality volumetric lights rendering.. one on a red light, should be interesting to see the results. I'll know in about 45 inutes.. lol! :blank:

I wonder if Carrara would render this kind of thing faster? Since Carrara supportss Genesis now, I suppose I could give it a try.. better for FVX scenes.. :-S

I'm gonna get a beer soon, to heck with it! The Sun is way over the yardarm..! :snake:

Tori Amos on now - "God" - live! :coolsmile:

Carrara is more configurable so in theory you can tweak render times on a light by light basis :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

i managed carrying home ice cream cake, tin of espresso, and pint of 1/2&1/2 :)
    and it didn't rain on the hike. iz the little things to appreciate.

edited December 1969

Possibly last volumetric drop of the night. 2 prims.. sphere shaded with marble shader, the cylinder in black leather, 2 volumetric lights, etc. etc. :blank: 35 min render time.

The effect is starting to disappear tho ;)

edited December 1969

I have a headache. Not sure why.

*hugs* hopes that is better by now ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

yum yum ! :)

edited December 1969

Volumetric Drop #2. 2 spotlights, raytraced shadows, the light on the left is white while the light on the right is red. volume quality at 100%, modest turbulence, shading rate .5 (ouch).

Laptop gets a rest now. :blank:

really liking how this looks :)

a poor lost pachinko ball

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Having a general generic frowny day.
    I suspect I have GOMS (grumpy old man syndrome). >:-(

gnarly kangaroo? tee hee

edited December 1969

Aug 10th. lessee 21 days + 24 days to ironman3 dvd release. psyched. even though, from the trailers can't tell what it's about. looks like Pepper is in a suit. and he has an anxiety attack.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Having a general generic frowny day.
    I suspect I have GOMS (grumpy old man syndrome). >:-(

gnarly kangaroo? tee hee
    I think it's an overweight Sphinx cat. Most I've seen in photos are very thin, so this must be a rarity indeed.
    He/she is doing a great kangaroo impression, tho. :lol:

edited December 1969

Decided to walk to the grocery at 8:30pm. It was 85F so I was sweating when I got there. After picking up a few things I needed, i stepped outside right into one of our summer dust storms. Walking home INTO the wind which is blowing dust at 35mph with gusts up to 45mph is NOT fun. Still over 80F but the wind kept me from sweating. Still, from the little bit of sweat plus the blowing dust, got home last night looking like I had been working at a construction site. Took my second shower in two hours just to clean the dust off.

That does not sound like fun!

edited December 1969

I posted this in the Stupid Thread. I'm posting it here, too.
    Because I can. :P

Give Stupid A Chance
    (Apologies to John Lennon)

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout
    Vouchers, Grouchers, Slouchers, Ouchers, Coupons, Croutons
    This-on, that-on, on and on and on...
    I'm only saying give Stupid a chance

(C'mon)
    Studio, Rudeo, Lewdio and Beautio,
    T-O-S, D-O-S, S-O-S, that's all, I guess; well, more or less...

(Let me tell you now)
    Genesis, Menaces, Platinum, D-I-M, Rendering,
    Lingering, prices sting, really doesn't mean a thing...

Woolyloach, Kyoto Kid, chohole,
    Kulay Wolf, Jaderail, wendy♥catz,
    Rareth, ps1borg, DanaTA, Misty Whisky
    And ev'rybody else...

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

What are you going to do with all that ice cream cake? :bug: You'll waste all that good effort of avoiding the candy.

Dana

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

it wasn't. We usually get those dust storms right before one of our very rare summer thunderstorms. Our average rainfall for august (as well as July) is less than a quarter inch so that tells you how often we get rain. So it rained to my east, west, north, and south and we got ... nothing.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I posted this in the Stupid Thread. I'm posting it here, too.
    Because I can. :P

Give Stupid A Chance
    (Apologies to John Lennon)

Vouchers, Grouchers, Slouchers, Ouchers, Coupons, Croutons
    This-on, that-on, on and on and on...

(C'mon)
    Studio, Rudeo, Lewdio and Beautio,
    T-O-S, D-O-S, S-O-S, that's all, I guess; well, more or less...

(Let me tell you now)
    Genesis, Menaces, Platinum, D-I-M, Rendering,
    Lingering, prices sting, really doesn't mean a thing...

Woolyloach, Kyoto Kid, chohole,
    Kulay Wolf, Jaderail, wendy♥catz,
    Rareth, ps1borg, DanaTA, Misty Whisky
    And ev'rybody else...

Really? Everybody's talkin' 'bout...me? :gulp: Nothing good I assume.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

What are you going to do with all that ice cream cake? :bug: You'll waste all that good effort of avoiding the candy.

Dana
    Enjoy the Unbirthday Cake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Y8A9IiSHA

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

it wasn't. We usually get those dust storms right before one of our very rare summer thunderstorms. Our average rainfall for august (as well as July) is less than a quarter inch so that tells you how often we get rain. So it rained to my east, west, north, and south and we got ... nothing.

That's too bad. It would be good to wet down the dust. Where do you live, in the midwest? I hear these big dust storms might be making a comeback, like the Great Dust Bowl of 1935-1936, due to all the drought we keep experiencing. :grrr:

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited August 2013

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, not only has the V4 to G2F clone disappeared from the store, but the G2F Morphs bundle is no longer 51% off.

...somedays you just can't win for losing.

Welcome to my curse.

Can't help you with the morphs bundle, though it is still 30% off for PC and there was a new 5/25 coupon that went out last night.

V4 for G2F clone is still in the store though - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

...didn't get the newsletter again (also checked the Spam folder to make sure it didn't get sent there).

Just checked my subscription status and I should be getting them.
    Was a general Coupon, not PC. Good for everything but GC, so PA is go.
    BTW, didja check your PM? :)
    ...just did again I and saw the new code and date. Thought that was for the other one which expired earlier in the week. Thanks.

That also cleared the unread PM message.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.