[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited December 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Finally, use your Genesis 8 Female clothing with your Genesis 3 Female characters! Automatically convert almost your entire wardrobe of clothes and many accessories using the new Clothing Converter for Genesis 3 Female! The Clothing Converter script provides batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 8 Female clothing to Genesis 3 Female clothing in your Library. It can even convert high-heeled shoes! Easily select the wardrobe items in your Library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your Genesis 8 Female clothing to the new Genesis 3 Female clothing items.

Your new Genesis 3 Female wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 3 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 8 Female item will show for your converted Genesis 3 Female item. Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit, produces vastly less distorted results, especially with high-heeled shoes.

The Clothing Converter script does not work with props (e.g., swords, wands, etc) and wearables (e.g., outfits). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button. High-heeled shoes may require a manual step during conversion if the original shoes do not include a compatible foot pose.

The script may not be able to convert all clothing items without issues. Converted items may exhibit poke through. Usually, this can be fixed by adding a smoothing modifier or a push modifier.

• Convert Genesis 8 Female Clothing items for use by Genesis 3 Female.
  • Convert Dresses, Pants, Shirts, Skirts, Shoes, etc.
  • Convert Accessories: Hats, Belts, Glasses, Jewelry, Purses, etc.
  • Copies icons from Genesis 8 clothing to Genesis 3 clothing for a professional look
  • Automatically convert your wardrobe with one operation!

Features

• Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female:
    • Clothing Converter Script (.DSE)
    • Foot Poser Script (.DSE)
    • Clothing Converter Manual (.PDF, .DSA)

Promotional video describing all the options and features of the Clothing Converter

How to convert Footwear with Clothing Converter

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Now THIS I like!  (Even more than the other ones...)

• Now THIS I like!  (Even more than the other ones...)

LOL.  I aim to please!  smiley

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Wow, thank you @Riversoft smiley

I think I need a separate budget just for your products, lol. I picked up the new one on day one this week and now you've got me drooling over this too!

• Wow, thank you @Riversoft smiley

I think I need a separate budget just for your products, lol. I picked up the new one on day one this week and now you've got me drooling over this too!

You're welcome!  laugh

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

1) Great work on the previous items in this series!

2) Is the G8M to G3M version near completion?

3) Do you ever sleep?

• xyer0 said:

1) Great work on the previous items in this series!

2) Is the G8M to G3M version near completion?

3) Do you ever sleep?

1. Thanks!
    2. No, things may change but I would expect the G2M->G8M first
    3. Not enough smiley
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001

Yes! So excited about this, @RiverSoftArt! Thank you for supporting G3! I'm going to get this one as soon as it comes out! I already got the G3M to G8M converter and it's wonderful. Of course, I'm still using G3 primarily, so anything G3 has my wallet :).

• So, exactly WHEN is this coming out?  Because once it hits, I'm not buying anymore clothing for a while...lol.

• Yes! So excited about this, @RiverSoftArt! Thank you for supporting G3! I'm going to get this one as soon as it comes out! I already got the G3M to G8M converter and it's wonderful. Of course, I'm still using G3 primarily, so anything G3 has my wallet :).

That is very good to hear.  Supporting older generations is more of a risk, but I am hoping there is enough interest.

• So, exactly WHEN is this coming out?  Because once it hits, I'm not buying anymore clothing for a while...lol.

When it comes out is up to Daz.

• If it all depends on DAZ, then that means it's ready for launch, hopefully, and that we might get to see it soon...

PS.  I always get a good laugh out of the teeny skeletons running around in your promos.

• If it all depends on DAZ, then that means it's ready for launch, hopefully, and that we might get to see it soon...

PS.  I always get a good laugh out of the teeny skeletons running around in your promos.

LOL  I am glad you like the skeletons!  I love putting them in there.  It made a fun homage to Cinderella's dress making scene. laugh

• And it is released!

• I see a product by RiverSoft, into the cart it goes.

Seriously though, I still prefer Genesis 3 (if I have to be really honest), so this is a huge, awesome thing for me. You are amazing!!! Thank you!!

• Finlaena said:

I see a product by RiverSoft, into the cart it goes.

Seriously though, I still prefer Genesis 3 (if I have to be really honest), so this is a huge, awesome thing for me. You are amazing!!! Thank you!!

LOL laugh  You are very welcome.  I was slightly nervous about this one as it is for a legacy generation, but it is doing well.

• Finlaena said:

LOL laugh  You are very welcome.  I was slightly nervous about this one as it is for a legacy generation, but it is doing well.

Oh man, it works *really* well so far. Haven’t had any issues come up, but I’ll dig into it more when I get home from work. 

• Finlaena said:
    Finlaena said:

Oh man, it works *really* well so far. Haven’t had any issues come up, but I’ll dig into it more when I get home from work. 

Great!  I am happy to hear that.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

I've tried the free G8 to G3 conversion techniques, but the armpit area always seems to be a big problem.

Does this product include any smarts that help with that region in particular?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

I'm on the other side of the planet from home and it'll be a week before I can play with this, but it was an instant buy.  Keep 'em coming!

Instant buy as well! Thank you for supporying G3, @RiversoftArt!
  • Toonces said:

I've tried the free G8 to G3 conversion techniques, but the armpit area always seems to be a big problem.

Does this product include any smarts that help with that region in particular?

Not in the way you mean I think.  This tools tries to get as close as possible.  Usually, with smoothing and last resort a push modifier, you can fix any issues.  Is there a particular item of clothing you have trouble with?  If I have it, I can try it and post here.  Otherwise, I would recommend you buying it and if it doesn't meet your needs, returning it.

• Cybersox said:

I'm on the other side of the planet from home and it'll be a week before I can play with this, but it was an instant buy.  Keep 'em coming!

Thanks!  I appreciate the support!

• Instant buy as well! Thank you for supporying G3, @RiversoftArt!

Happy to oblige!  Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoy it!

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Nevermind! Now that I pose G8F similar to G3F, it seems to have the same problem on G8F. It's the t-shirt from here: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wardrobe--shaders-1-for-genesis-8-females

I usually don't use dForce, but it's probably necessary to get the natural look in the promos.

As for your product here, looks great!! I'll likely buy it if only for the batch conversion and smart content updates.

TShirtTest.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited October 2018

@RiverSoftArt  Maybe this is a dumb question but will this also work on clothes that have been converted from Genesis2 to Genesis8 already? will it convert those to Genesis3 or should I hope for a Genesis2 to Genesis3 converter?

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
    edited October 2018

I see DAZ finally saw fit to release...I'm all on board.  I don't have to buy another stitch of clothing now!!!   Well....maybe...lol.

Post edited by ScarletX1969 on
  • You've created a very handy tool when it comes to converting clothing items from Genesis 8 Females to Genesis 3 Females. Would a male counterpart be in the works sometime soon?

carrie58 said:

@RiverSoftArt  Maybe this is a dumb question but will this also work on clothes that have been converted from Genesis2 to Genesis8 already? will it convert those to Genesis3 or should I hope for a Genesis2 to Genesis3 converter?

Interested in knowing this as well (something I have been meaning to ask).
  • Toonces said:

Nevermind! Now that I pose G8F similar to G3F, it seems to have the same problem on G8F. It's the t-shirt from here: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wardrobe--shaders-1-for-genesis-8-females

I usually don't use dForce, but it's probably necessary to get the natural look in the promos.

As for your product here, looks great!! I'll likely buy it if only for the batch conversion and smart content updates.

Ok, good to know. 

• carrie58 said:

Not a dumb question at all.  It should work on already converted clothes.  *But* (you knew there was a *but* smiley) I don't believe the quality will not be as good as if you went from G2 to G3 directly.  Every conversion adds some slight errors and these will build up.  Similar to how making a photocopy of a photocopy is not as good.  I have discussed a G2 to G3 converter with Sickleyield.  We will probably try one to see if there is a market.  However, other conversions will come out before that one.