Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495

I finally decided to get this after a lot of consideration...too much consideration, because this is the kind of thing that ought to be built into Studio (don't worry PAs, I know you need to sell textures too).   :)    I'm sure people have requested a male version as well, and I'd also love to see expansion sets like more brows, veins, more blemish patterns, lip textures, and such.

Amazing product.

• joe_washburnjoe_washburn Posts: 3
    edited August 2018

I'm having a problem with Skin Builder 8. I can't get to some of the "Apply" buttons. They are off the bottom of my screen (see attached file). How can I correct this?

Image removed - please give the figure some clothes or put the viewport in Smooth Shaded mode

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

What is your screen resolution?

• Zev0 said:

What is your screen resolution?

My screen resolution is set at 1366X768. I've tried all of the resolution settings and it has not helped.

Unfortunately Skin Builder uses standard 1080p as base resolution. Try changing in windows display, the scale and layout percentage. It might be larger than 100%. If that does not work feel free to return the product. The script window cannot be made any smaller unfortunately.

• That's disappointing. I have Skin Builder 3 and I've been looking forward to Skin Builder 8. Now I find I can't use it because my screen resolution won't go high enough. The scale setting is at 100%. The resolution won't go any higher than 1366X768. I was hoping to use it as a merchant resource. I've created some characters I would love to market, but if I understand your merchant resource agreement correctly I can't use Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 8 characters.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2018

Once again, you create a great product that continues-on DraagonStorm's legacy!

Though, I really do hope you get to doing a male version this time around...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2018

That's disappointing. I have Skin Builder 3 and I've been looking forward to Skin Builder 8. Now I find I can't use it because my screen resolution won't go high enough. The scale setting is at 100%. The resolution won't go any higher than 1366X768. I was hoping to use it as a merchant resource. I've created some characters I would love to market, but if I understand your merchant resource agreement correctly I can't use Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 8 characters.

You can package the same character for both G3F and G8F as one product and use the skin materials created in SB3, but you do have to include the G3F version. The added bonus to doing this is a wider market base, as there are people who prefer to stay with Genesis 3. And some of us prefer to support vendors who release products that support both generations. Here's the quote from Zev0:

Zev0 said:
    For SkinBuilder 3 you only allowed to sell for Genesis 3 Female characters, but you can include a Genesis 8 character morphs set where the skins are shared, that is allowed. But NO Genesis 8 Female  Standalone character is allowed for sale using Skin Builder 3. For SkinBuilder 8, same rule applies, you can include a Genesis 3 Female character morph version, But NO standalone Genesis 3 Female  character is allowed for sale using Skin Builder 8. The native figure for the respective Merchant resources must be present. Hope that makes sense.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

That's disappointing. I have Skin Builder 3 and I've been looking forward to Skin Builder 8. Now I find I can't use it because my screen resolution won't go high enough. The scale setting is at 100%. The resolution won't go any higher than 1366X768. I was hoping to use it as a merchant resource. I've created some characters I would love to market, but if I understand your merchant resource agreement correctly I can't use Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 8 characters.

Which seems odd to me since both use the same UV's

Anyway. I would be interested in a male version of this script.  I'm interested only in that.  The chicks have enough support.  

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Why are there so many do not click things in the smart content version of this?

donotclick.png
    450 x 387 - 71K

My notebook resolution will not go any higher than that either, but I have an external monitor which I can use, but that is the same thing I use to watch tv and movie discs.

I am gathering that skin base color tint is a shader based thing instead of a actual texture color change? 

• Why are there so many do not click things in the smart content version of this?

They are helper scripts called by the main script, as far as I know, and probably need parameters passed to them from the main script to do anything useful.

edited September 2018

Why are there so many do not click things in the smart content version of this?

Because the main script embeds them into tabs. They tell SkinBuilder how to apply the overlays. They are in the Dim and Manual Zip versions as well. They are not meant to be clicked on. We could not hide the files since they are actual scripts, so next best thing was to add a do not click icon.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2018

My notebook resolution will not go any higher than that either, but I have an external monitor which I can use, but that is the same thing I use to watch tv and movie discs.

I am gathering that skin base color tint is a shader based thing instead of a actual texture color change? 

Yes Shader based. To actually change the textures color you would use the full skin color blend option under the Skin tab->Color Blend

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Place holder thread. Nothing to see here yet.cheeky All I can say is those who own Skin Builder 3 will get a huge discount as this is essentially an upgrade for official Genesis 8 support and is also standalone without owning the Genesis 3 version as all files had to be natively included for this version. In otherwords, textures are all in its own genesis 8 folder and shares nothing with Genesis 3 version.

If I buy G8 version will it work on my G3 versions or do I have to purchase both ?

I am totally confused about how to use this.  Also it seems that my notebook screen is too small for the main screen which means if I want to use it I have to connect my external monitor.  I do not know when I when I can get a desktop and using the secondary monitor is not always handy.  I am thinking of returning it for those two reasons, but mainly because my current computer screen is too small.  If I ever get a desktop, I might get it again, if that is okay.

• LoptecLoptec Posts: 8
    edited September 2018

Hi!

Before I ask my question I must start by praising the creaters of skin builder! It's an awesome product and I coudln't (read: wouldn't want to) live without it!

So, to my question: Yesterday I sat for quite some time with Skin Builder 8 to get the perfect shade for a new character I'm creating. After I'd finished I notice quite visible seams along the edges of the textures on the character.

Today I did some experimenting and have now discovered that all three textures that can be applied with a slider (in other words pale, light and medium) have these quite visible seams (shown in the image below). The darkest default textures look good however and don't have any seams.

Is this a known problem that will be fixed in an upcoming update soon? 

Thanks in advance!
    /L

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2018

The textures have no seam issues that I am aware of. Are you using a custom shader?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Maybe a begginners question , but how can i export the bump / normal maps , i can get only difuse channel 

• Zev0 said:

The textures have no seam issues that I am aware of. Are you using a custom shader?

No, no custom shader.

Earlier today when "experimenting" I started a new project, loaded up the "genesis 8 basic female" and opened up Skin Builder 8 and got this.

What's strange though is that I haven't noticed this before yesterday.. I will try to uninstall/reinstall skin builder and see if that helps. And if that doesn't work I'll try to reinstall genesis 8 base figure too. I'll post here after I've done that (not tonight I think) and tell you how it went.

let me know.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Loptec said:
    Zev0 said:

No, no custom shader.

Earlier today when "experimenting" I started a new project, loaded up the "genesis 8 basic female" and opened up Skin Builder 8 and got this.

What's strange though is that I haven't noticed this before yesterday.. I will try to uninstall/reinstall skin builder and see if that helps. And if that doesn't work I'll try to reinstall genesis 8 base figure too. I'll post here after I've done that (not tonight I think) and tell you how it went.

Are you using Spectral Rendering in Render Settings? Try disabling that and see if the seams go away.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Loptec said:
    Zev0 said:

No, no custom shader.

Check to see if you are using the correct UVs for the G8F and also that you are not using Chromatic as a setting for the Surfaces on the G8F skin.

• Hello
    I purchased Skin Builder 8.
    The problem, asking to create the "skin" for the model that I just did nothing. The creation message appears but it is false.
    The same thing happens with the base model of G8F.
    Any solution?

• Hello
    I purchased Skin Builder 8.
    The problem, asking to create the "skin" for the model that I just did nothing. The creation message appears but it is false.
    The same thing happens with the base model of G8F.
    Any solution?

Thanks.

Hi. I need more info. What version of studio is being used?

• My version of DAZ 3D Studio is 4.10.0.107

You need a version later than that for the script to work properly.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Any hope yet of a G8M version? *holds on to hope doggedly like a fat kid to a popsicle*

• MArcusHMArcusH Posts: 4
    edited September 2018
    Zev0 said:

You need a version later than that for the script to work properly.

Solved, thank you.

Post edited by MArcusH on