Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief Makers

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Love those toon aliens render too.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@Saphirewild   Those sheep look like they'd rather be anywhere than in the sci-fi corridor :)   You sure had a challenging combo of sets to combine- a track and a corridor.

@lapetiteverita   You have about an hour  (58 minutes)  to post your entry! Please do, we'd love to have you included for prizes! 

@lapetiteverita  Read your note on the render thread, just post whatever it looks like before midnight :)  It looked really good for only 32% convergence! (Be sure to take that note off the render thread too.) 

Contest is closed. :) 

LaPetiteVerita- if you have a more-fully converged render, please post it now. 

• @novica - foiled by internet connectivity issues! "Not so fast" really is an appropriate name for this contest :-p. I ended up having to figure out how to use my husband's cellphone as a tether to get the last render up. Do you want me to switch back? I totally understand if you do.

Was that all of them now. I have to say I'm glad the last two got posted in time. 

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited September 2018

@Novica  The date on the last post of the render thread should probably read Sept 3, not Aug 3.

So glad Saphirewild and LaPetiteVerita go their renders posted.  They were worth the wait.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Just wanted to say, great work on all the renders. It was a tough decision between most of them; lots of creativity here. Looking forward to seeing the results. yes

-P

Thank you PA_ThePhilospher for taking the time to vote.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited September 2018

So glad everyone got in on time!  Was so much fun and wow, some really great ideas!

Forgot to add thank you to all the folks who volunteered to judge!  Kinda glad I'm on the other side, its going to be a tough decision!

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Just getting back online :)   Yes, special thanks to the 18 PA judges! 

I will change that to Sept 3rd, would indeed be hard to go back a month LOL.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    Novica said:

If I could turn back time...

Novica said:

Or wait a year.  You did not indicate which Aug 3rd.

So you're saying you're okay with waiting a year for the voting to finish? I'll keep that in mind on the next one.  devil

Novica said:

So you're saying you're okay with waiting a year for the voting to finish? I'll keep that in mind on the next one.  devil

I am betting on the impatience of the other participants.  wink

edited September 2018

First place received 70% of the votes for first place.  The difference between second and third place was TWO POINTS. The difference between third and fourth was two points. Most of the other places were only 3-5 points difference- so well done!!!! 

How it was scored- first place votes got 5 points, second place received 4 points, etc. Winners were based on the total number of points. 

Worlds_Edge and knittingmommy will be sending their $5 gift cards as designated below, and I will be sending my $5 as well to the $10 winners.
    IF YOUR GIFT CARD CODE DOESN'T WORK, PLEASE PM THE SENDER. Don't post it here.  I (Novica) is sending the 1st-3rd places and $5 to 4th-7th). 

Congrats to the winners!!!! 

The winners are:
    1st:  Treasure Hunters  (IceDragonArt)   $50 Gift Card
    2nd: Our Very Own Gyro Gearloose!  (xmasrose)    $30 Gift Card
    3rd: A New Day (RGcincy)     $20 Gift Card 
    4th: Don't Wake The Baby!!!  (dreamfarmer)  $10 gift card         Worlds_Edge sending $5, Novica sending $5
    5th:  Muck vs. Kong  (barbult)     $10 gift card                             Worlds_Edge sending $5, Novica sending $5      
    6th: Curious Removals (3dcheapskate)     $10 gift card              Worlds_Edge sending $5, Novica sending $5
    7th:   Excalibur (nonesuch00)    $5 gift card                                 Worlds_Edge sending $5
    8th: And Straight On Till Morning  (LaPetiteVerita)    $5  gift card        knittingmommy sending
    9th: Lighting The Way (Stormlyght)    $5 gift card                                  knittingmommy sending
    10th:  Keys  (Kismet2012)    $5 gift card                                                  knittingmommy sending
    11th  Training Exercise  (Saphirewild)   $5  gift card                              knittingmommy sending

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

First place received 70% of the votes for first place.  The difference between second and third place was TWO POINTS. The difference between third and fourth was two points. Most of the other places were only 3-5 points difference- so well done!!!! 

How it was scored- first place votes got 5 points, second place received 4 points, etc. Winners were based on the total number of points. 

Worlds_Edge and knittingmommy will be sending their $5 gift cards as designated below, and I will be sending my $5 as well to the $10 winners.
    IF YOUR GIFT CARD CODE DOESN'T WORK, PLEASE PM THE SENDER. Don't post it here.  I (Novica) is sending the 1st-3rd places and $5 to 4th-7th). 

Congrats to the winners!!!! 

The winners are:
    1st:  Treasure Hunters  (IceDragonArt)   $50 Gift Card
    2nd: Our Very Own Gyro Gearloose!  (xmasrose)    $30 Gift Card
    3rd: A New Day (RGcincy)     $20 Gift Card 
    4th: Don't Wake The Baby!!!  (dreamfarmer)  $10 gift card         Worlds_Edge sending $5, Novica sending $5
    5th:  Muck vs. Kong  (barbult)     $10 gift card                             Worlds_Edge sending $5, Novica sending $5      
    6th: Curious Removals (3dcheapskate)     $10 gift card              Worlds_Edge sending $5, Novica sending $5
    7th:   Excalibur (nonesuch00)    $5 gift card                                 Worlds_Edge sending $5, Novica sending $5
    8th: And Straight On Till Morning  (LaPetiteVerita)    $5  gift card        knittingmommy sending
    9th: Lighting The Way (Stormlyght)    $5 gift card                                  knittingmommy sending
    10th:  Keys  (Kismet2012)    $5 gift card                                                  knittingmommy sending
    11th  Training Exercise  (Saphirewild)   $5  gift card                              knittingmommy sending

Sorry, I posted in thr RENDER thread by accident already...

Congratulations to the winners! And thanks for all the hard work of the organizers, sponsors, and voters. Also, the efforts of the participants.

By the way I'm listed as a $5 gift card winner but two sponsors are listed as sending it to give you a head up. I don't want to take another participant's reward for participating.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited September 2018

The results are in! Congratulations to all participants.

Novica I had a lot of fun and went out of my comfort zone with your game. Thank you.

I really liked all the renders, they were so good, so creative and so much fun, I didn't think I stand a chance (but had so much fun doing it I didn't care). I am not surprised the results showed we were so close together except IceDragonArt with an amazing image!

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

Congratulations to everyone.  I did not envy the judges their decisions and am not surprised the votes where so close.

Thank you to all the judges that took the time to vote.

Thank you Novica for organizing a fun and creative contest.

You're very welcome- the participants sure had to put in a LOT of work to be able to play. 
    BTW I'm just getting offline to get  some sleep, so will be later in the day tomorrow before I'm back online (going on 6am here. Wanted to be sure Gordon was still headed toward Mississippi and hadn't changed tracks toward Florida.)  And later today we may have storms so could lose internet.  Anyway, I did get the gift card codes sent a few hours ago, winners please check your PMs for the codes. 

• A big yes for Novica, everybody who participated, and the judges.

And congratulations to the winners, all eleven of them/us !

(This was a fun contest - sooo.... can we do it again ?)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

I second 3dcheapskate's yes yes

And I nominate 3dcheapskate to be our "official" cheerleader. I found your comments throughout the contest to be funny and I'd look forward to see what you'd say next.

• @RGcincy everything you said better than I would yes

• Congratulations everyone! Great renders all around. It looks like everyone had a blast doing this one, too. :)

• Congrats to all our winners!!!

and thanks for for mine laugh!!!

Amazing renders everyone did!!!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

We are all winners! Thanks, Novica, I know this contest took a big chunk of your private time. Thanks for sharing it with us. Thanks for the GC, too. 

• Congratulations to the winners! I loved everyone's renders and creativity. And, the whole game/render contest was a lot of fun. Thank you @Novica for hosting the game. I'm looking forward to the next game play whenever that may be smiley

Trish

:)  You're welcome.  Yes, we'll do it again- it will be a couple months at least and will be easier. :)  As I mentioned before though, I won't be sponsoring it, this was a one time thing.   It will be just for fun unless PAs or others want to sponsor it.  The good thing about that would be a lower requirement for gameplay. We may want to address in some way, if someone hasn't played at all, they need to be removed from the game so we don't keep interacting with their list. (whether or not there's prizes.)  It's a waste of time. Thoughts?

Changes to improve gameplay and speed things up, etc:
    1.  There will be set play times, taking into consideration different time zones and having them overlap. 

2.   It will be a week long thing, with the set play times only being two to three hours at a time (so I don't live at the computer.)  We'll all get together before it starts and customize it for your time zones.  WIth it being a week long, when people aren't online they can still play sometime, and the times will be set. The only stops in gameplay during that time will be if someone makes a mistake, which will influence who has what. I'm going to coordinate game times with you, we want to be sure at least two or three players are available to play at any given time. Life happens, it's just to give us a better chance at participation.

3.  I'll generate the main list (which will be a variety and include utility products, clothing, etc- everything. You'll have that list with clickable links so you can easily check and see if you've purchased them,  and send me ONE list of what you own by simply highlighting the item. You won't have to keep checking in when someone else announces they will be playing.

4. you'll have more starting items so it's easier to swap within the (formerly Yes I Own It) starting list. Then your competitors will vote as to what you have to keep :)  and you get to choose one too from the ones you ended up with. (You will do that before the voting.) 

5. With the addition of NSF 8 and 9 (which I thought was funny, those were the most complicated yet most used after introduction!) it made it easy to bring things over from the Main List. So it got easier at the end of the game, but it was a bit restricted prior to that.  I did notice items that weren't owned as much bogged down the game. So... From the main list, at least THREE PEOPLE must own an item for it to stay in the list. It was very restrictive with just two people owning it. 

6. Unlimited moves. We will however,  restrict the number of times you can decide to simply swap out an item, that defeats the purpose of others controlling what you have. We'll increase it from one, what's your thoughts? One time per game time (aka, once for each 2-3 hour time slot) was what I was thinking. 

7. Next (ahem 3dcheapskate, you little darling!) you will be restricted in the number of times you can use a move in a row. Variety is the spice of life. I was guilty too of course,  of having people go get an item then swap. :)  In the Yes I Own It List (current status) I'll post what your last move(s) were. 

8. Once an item has been taken from the Main List and returned, it can only be taken out one more time. Then it will be removed. That way the same items don't keep getting re-circulated. In the Main List, once an item has gone out there will be a 1X by it's name. When it goes out the next time, I will put 2X DONE. If the player keeps it, fine, if it comes back, I don't have to do anything else because it's already marked it's out of play. 

9. A player can't get an item again once it has been taken from them. I'll have an "X" list under each player. 

10. Players wait until the timeline is updated prior to their next move, to ensure what they want to do is still possible. I'll have another person helping to moderate, who will be checking the validity of the move, while I'm typing the timeline. They tell me it's good, I post. (I'll also be checking, after I type the timeline. For example, I will be checking the "X" for the player to ensure they haven't had it before, while the other moderator checks who owns what.) 

11. We will have a set template, with comments added. Sometimes it was time consuming to figure out what you meant. It will be simple. Like the move number, name of it (so I know you have what you meant to have) and the steps. (Example, if someone goes and gets an item, brings it back and swaps, you'd have those steps, including what the other person is giving.)  It makes it fast for us to check and approve the move. 

12. We'll discuss whether or not to include the generation 4 items. Very few people selected those. Would like to hear your thoughts (now, on this thread.)  I'd like to use Generation 2- on. 

We're hopefully going to be working on a few other things which may even get some things automated for you :)  After doing the game once, I have an idea of what NOT to do (the Thief option won't be available as it slowed down gameplay, and NSF's added later pretty much covered going to the Main List and getting items.)