Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Been waiting with great patience, thank you, thank you!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Where can I read the "User Guide and Merchant Resource Agreement" so that I can see how this is allowed to be used as a merchant resource?

• 3DLoki3DLoki Posts: 17

Where can I read the "User Guide and Merchant Resource Agreement" so that I can see how this is allowed to be used as a merchant resource?

People\Genesis 8 Female\Materials\Skin Builder 8\Resources\

two files there: Skin Builder 8 MR Agreement.pdf  &  Skin Builder 8 UserGuide.pdf

Loki

also everything seems to read the same as Skinbuilder 3 did, with the addition of IF you use 'anatomical elements' via SB8 then you need to also include the included UV with your commercial package.

to see the info on that browse to: \Runtime\Textures\SkinBuilderG8FMR\GenHair\Torso and look at the file called "AnatomyMask.jpg"  I'm assuming that will actually pop up at some point while using / saving out your files?

Loki

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    3DLoki said:

two files there: Skin Builder 8 MR Agreement.pdf  &  Skin Builder 8 UserGuide.pdf

Loki

No, I mean where can I find the info BEFORE I buy it? I need to know the info on how it can be used as a merchant resource before I purchase it as a merchant resource.

3DLoki said:

Loki

No, I mean where can I find the info BEFORE I buy it? I need to know the info on how it can be used as a merchant resource before I purchase it as a merchant resource.

Sadly I don't have an answer to that one, and I'm not sure if I'm able to copy/paste it here or not, so I'll have to say,  Zev0 would have to answer that one for you.
    However, without copy/pasting it all here, I will say IF you had Skinbuilder 3, it appears it's the same 'rules' for this new version.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't really know the forum 'rules' here and don't want to get 'spanked' lol

Loki

• Where can I read the "User Guide and Merchant Resource Agreement" so that I can see how this is allowed to be used as a merchant resource?

Divamakeup:

I can tell you that it’s not on the documentation page. I just looked there myself.

J

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2018
    Thank you all for your patience and support. Now that the G8 version is out we can start focusing on the addon so that it and the G3 version can be worked on at the same time. Regarding the MR agreement and documentation, send me a PM and I will share it.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 232
    Ok, I have one question. I have skin builder 3, but never used it yet. Are the included textures without seams? If it can be used as a merchant resource this would be very important for me, because I used several merchant resources in the future and spent a lot of money and in the end there where a lot of seams. Unfortunately I am really not good in fixing them
    edited August 2018
    There is no seams in this. A lot of time went into making it seamless. Same on the G3F version if Skinbuilder. Honestly, MR's are not supposed to have any seams on them because that means all skins using those MR's will have the same issue and texture MR's sold at Daz are tested for seams. Not sure about other sites.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

In my cart within a second of seeing it this morning. Thanks Zev0!

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Because of the raving reviews and I am slowly starting to work with skins (I bought FaceGen Artist Pro recently) , buying this. Looks like an awesome way to customize your characters, and truly unique. Thanks Zev0 and discobob.

• veenveen Posts: 132

Alright now we got fingers crossed for a male version

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374

I really like the looks of this. But do I understand it can't be used on G8 males? Why not? I thought the skin UVs were the same.  Will it refuse to do an M8 Male character?

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305
    edited August 2018
    Damsel said:

I really like the looks of this. But do I understand it can't be used on G8 males? Why not? I thought the skin UVs were the same.  Will it refuse to do an M8 Male character?

If you have Slosh’s UV male/female swapper for G8 then the skins created by this product will be usable on G8M, expect for the anatomical elements of course

Post edited by Havos on
  • @Zev0 -- congrats on the new product. I bought it and have been really enjoying it so far. One question I have is -- can you load a saved skin back into the builder to continue editing it, or do you have to start over from scratch each time? I may have overlooked it, but I don't see a "load" option. Thanks!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,422
    edited August 2018

will SB8 work on ALL G8 female characters or just those base characters. I am not like an expert or anything, but I thought I read the UVs were different on some of the characxters? 

Also, i think I read G3Base and G8 base use same UV setup? 
    or am I just confused again.

Post edited by daveso on
    edited August 2018
    xbase24x said:

@Zev0 -- congrats on the new product. I bought it and have been really enjoying it so far. One question I have is -- can you load a saved skin back into the builder to continue editing it, or do you have to start over from scratch each time? I may have overlooked it, but I don't see a "load" option. Thanks!

You can load a saved skin back. You can do this by either just saving the scene where the textures loaded on figure will be stored in skinbuilders createdmats folder (temp), or by saving a skin via the save options and continue editing that after loading the material preset.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2018
    daveso said:

will SB8 work on ALL G8 female characters or just those base characters. I am not like an expert or anything, but I thought I read the UVs were different on some of the characxters? 

Also, i think I read G3Base and G8 base use same UV setup? 
    or am I just confused again.

G8 only uses one UV, so technically it will work on all characters, unless a seller released a character with a special UV set. G3 had multiple UV sets. This was designed on the Base UV, which is the same on G3F and G8F. The eyes are slightly different though. So technically, skin saved using SB8 can load on G3, You will just have to save the skin as a material preset again.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited August 2018

It's like to know

a) more details from some that has bought and tried it on an existing character skin. So how does Skin Builder 8 work on Victoria 8 skin?

b) So can we save a modded skin and a new set of material for eg, Character Carrie, and not have it all disappear from the DAZ temp folder like Eyebrow Remover does?

c) If I apply Sloth's UV Swapper for Genesis 8 M ale to Genesis 8 Female using Michael 8 skin then can the skin for Michael 8 be changed in SB8?

d) I know I can use UV Swapper to swap a G8F skin to G8M, but how to avoid that extra step and do I guess it's called a map transfer?

e) The acne looks totally wrong it should look like the skin tone but with a blood supply that makes it look more red and irritated and it should look like a raised bump. 

f) I guess the chance for portwine and other types of birthmarks are slim and none, could one extend SB8 to handle such a set of templates? How?

I'll still buy it likely even though I'm not much into realistic renders. I have the Genesis 2 version and this one looks 100s of % improved.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Cheers Zev0; bought.

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

Can anyone tell me if this causes the same problem with certain screen sizes being unable to see or use some buttons in the skin builder window as the version for Genesis 3 did?

edited August 2018
    Cowrie said:

Can anyone tell me if this causes the same problem with certain screen sizes being unable to see or use some buttons in the skin builder window as the version for Genesis 3 did?

If you look at the promos you will see the buttons are now on top.laugh

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • When I click 'apply' the little black clock appears and it looks like its working but then it just keeps going and going, and never completes. In the end I just have to do a force quit to shutdown Daz3D entirely. I've been having the same problem Skin builder 3 lately as well. 

I'm on Daz3d 64 bit 4.1 on a Macbook. 

Can you help, please? 

edited August 2018

It's like to know

a) more details from some that has bought and tried it on an existing character skin. So how does Skin Builder 8 work on Victoria 8 skin?

b) So can we save a modded skin and a new set of material for eg, Character Carrie, and not have it all disappear from the DAZ temp folder like Eyebrow Remover does?

c) If I apply Sloth's UV Swapper for Genesis 8 M ale to Genesis 8 Female using Michael 8 skin then can the skin for Michael 8 be changed in SB8?

d) I know I can use UV Swapper to swap a G8F skin to G8M, but how to avoid that extra step and do I guess it's called a map transfer?

e) The acne looks totally wrong it should look like the skin tone but with a blood supply that makes it look more red and irritated and it should look like a raised bump. 

f) I guess the chance for portwine and other types of birthmarks are slim and none, could one extend SB8 to handle such a set of templates? How?

I'll still buy it likely even though I'm not much into realistic renders. I have the Genesis 2 version and this one looks 100s of % improved.

A) Works fine on V8 since the UV mapping is the same.

B)Yes. Skin Builder has its own Temp Folder structure called CreatedMats so temp work is safe there. All temp maps generated are added with a timestamp, so overwriting or losing maps is near impossible.

C) Certain details will work yes. But overlays and details that cross any seams still apply like G8F UV, so you will run into seam issues. You will still be overlaying maps designed on G8F onto a G8M UV.

D) To get the overlays to apply properly, yes you will have to use map transfer tool to convert the G8M UV to G8F UV.

E)The acne has bumps (bump map details) under certain lighting conditions. As to the color, it was very hard to get an overlay to work on all skin tones so this is the color we decided to use because results worked on all skin tones. To match skin better you could apply at a lower opacity. Originally we had it where you could adjust the color, but the details got lost. If I find a better solution as to the one we have now I will update the product.

F) Can be done. But viability of such options is debatable. You could position them anywhere using Iray decals which can be implemented into a scriptable interface function.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2018
    Damsel said:

Skin UV between male and female are not the same. You can load the G8F skins on G8M if you have the UV swapper from slosh, but then you will have males with female nipples lol, and female anatomy details.

Post edited by Zev0 on

When I click 'apply' the little black clock appears and it looks like its working but then it just keeps going and going, and never completes. In the end I just have to do a force quit to shutdown Daz3D entirely. I've been having the same problem Skin builder 3 lately as well. 

I'm on Daz3d 64 bit 4.1 on a Macbook. 

Can you help, please? 

By lately what do you mean? What specific version of Studio are you running?

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,985

Buy it! :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Is it tested to work with DAZ Studio 4.11.x as well?

• Zev0 said:
    xbase24x said:

@Zev0 -- congrats on the new product. I bought it and have been really enjoying it so far. One question I have is -- can you load a saved skin back into the builder to continue editing it, or do you have to start over from scratch each time? I may have overlooked it, but I don't see a "load" option. Thanks!

You can load a saved skin back. You can do this by either just saving the scene where the textures loaded on figure will be stored in skinbuilders createdmats folder (temp), or by saving a skin via the save options and continue editing that after loading the material preset.

Thanks for the info, and maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but when everytime I open skinbuilder up, all the settings are at default. Shouldn't the settings have the custom values I set for the skin when I saved it?