Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief Makers

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

@Novica - I honestly don't know how you did it - that was a marvellous job keeping things on track ! yesyes

I'm fine with IceDragonArt choosing the 'bonus' item.

And Wonderland, hope those pesky 'real life' things were all resolved to your satisfaction.

edited August 2018

@Novica - when you said "...In a week or so I will start the renders thread...", will that be for finished renders only or will WIPs be allowed too ?

Are we allowed to post WIPs and finished renders elsewhere (e.g. our own gallery,our own Art Studio thread, this thread) before the end of the contest ?

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Yes, that was an amaziing job by Novica. Thanks. And to all the other participants, the game was fun!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Hi guys, just gettting back online. The render thread will just have finished renders so the judges have a clear 1, 2, 3, etc of images to view. After it's posted in the thread you can post them anywhere you want. 

I appreciate the kudos, won't deny it was a lot of work, and it was a team effort. You often caught things while I was a couple pages back. You put in SO much work too and really kept it running. 

I am going through the timeline and tallying the moves and player interaction. If anyone didn't meet them I will post here, to ensure we both have the same tally. If a move was disallowed it didn't appear on the timeline, which players were monitoring. 

edited August 2018

The players who qualified for gift card prizes were 3dcheapskate, dreamfarmer, IceDragonArt, Kismet2012, LaPetiteVerita, RGcincy, Stormlyght, xmasrose. They had 10 or more plays and interacted with 6 or more players.

nonesuch00 and barbult had 8 moves but got interactions with 6 players. The original rules (which both barbult and nonesuch agreed to) said 3 moves. An increase of 7 moves would penalize them. barbult voiced concerns about the raise in moves, but graciously continued to play. nonesuch00 had some confusion and delays which weren't his fault.

Therefore, if it's agreeable, I'd like to propose nonesuch and barbult be allowed to compete, but should either place first, if any of you who qualified get second place, I WILL MATCH FIRST PLACE.  Agreeable?

Saphirewild only got to make 2 moves but will get last place at $5 because she did do the main list and did participate. jakiblue and wonderland did not participate and are not eligible. (both had said it may not be possible but were good sports to do the main list. That was a lot of work.) Thoughts though?

Post edited by Novica on

Just put this at the end of the Timeline. :) in the other thread. LOL, poor IceDragonArt

edited August 2018
    Novica said:

The players who qualified for gift card prizes were 3dcheapskate, dreamfarmer, IceDragonArt, Kismet2012, LaPetiteVerita, RGcincy, Stormlyght, xmasrose. They had 10 or more plays and interacted with 6 or more players.

nonesuch00 and barbult had 8 moves but got interactions with 6 players. The original rules (which both barbult and nonesuch agreed to) said 3 moves. An increase of 7 moves would penalize them. barbult voiced concerns about the raise in moves, but graciously continued to play. nonesuch00 had some confusion and delays which weren't his fault.

Therefore, if it's agreeable, I'd like to propose nonesuch and barbult be allowed to compete, but should either place first, if any of you who qualified get second place, I WILL MATCH FIRST PLACE.  Agreeable?

Saphirewild only got to make 2 moves but will get last place at $5 because she did do the main list and did participate. jakiblue and wonderland did not participate and are not eligible. (both had said it may not be possible but were good sports to do the main list. That was a lot of work.) 

The more the merrier ! If it was up to me I'd simply overlook all those requirements and let all thirteen players named above enter,  jakiblue and wonderland included if there's a record of the five items they had when they withdrew. I think that everybody made a positive contribution to this test-run and should have the chance to compete for the prizes.

You all can vote either way you prefer; I don't mind just posting a participation render and watching who wins.

edited August 2018

Can't agree with that, sorry. They shouldn't get $50, $30, $20, $10 etc for simply adding to a list. They didn't play the game, which was the "main event."  I don't have a problem with them competing for a $5 slot, and if they bump someone who qualified to 12th or 13th place, I will also give that person $5. There's prize money for 11 people. That way everyone has a chance at winning $5 and will, unless the ones who didn't qualify end up in the bottom slots. 

Post edited by Novica on

You all can vote either way you prefer; I don't mind just posting a participation render and watching who wins.

No, you did 8 moves and tried to do more. You really made an effort! (And the moves you did make were very good btw)

I am going through the timeline out of curiousity to see who ended up contributing to my final pile of goodies. 

edited August 2018
    Novica said:

Can't agree with that, sorry. They shouldn't get $50, $30, $20, $10 etc for simply adding to a list. They didn't play the game, which was the "main event."  I don't have a problem with them competing for a $5 slot, and if they bump someone who qualified to 12th or 13th place, I will also give that person $5. There's prize money for 11 people. That way everyone has a chance at winning $5 and will, unless the ones who didn't qualify end up in the bottom slots. 

No problem, I'm fine with what you originally said, and with what you say here. It does makes perfect sense*. yessmiley

*which,of course, you know is not one of my strong points... wink

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Novica said:

Saphirewild only got to make 2 moves but will get last place at $5 because she did do the main list and did participate. jakiblue and wonderland did not participate and are not eligible. (both had said it may not be possible but were good sports to do the main list. That was a lot of work.) 

I am good with all that.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    Novica said:

Yes, I'm agreeable smiley

edited August 2018

This was fun for me, looking back and who did what to me. I didn't get a chance to appreciate moves very much as I was doing the administrative work. Look at who made my list what it is- the people are listed consecutively under the item that initiated the change, and what item got substituted for the previous one. Here's how I ended up- I can thank 

Set: Kismet2012    Set: nonesuch00    Prop: 3dcheapskate  Prop: Me   Prop: Me    Character: Stormlyght

I had to put (space) as the lines weren't behaving. What you see ain't what you get once you post.

Starting items:
    Set: The Ministry                                                                                                                  Set:  i13 Foxy Lounge   
    I sent to jakiblue , got her Forgotten Tunnel Entrance                                                        Kismet2012    DM's Anardhaus
    IceDragon Disconsolation                                                                                                      Nonesuch00  Fancy A Game Of Chess                (space)                                                                                                                                  DONE. This sat there most the game
    LaPetiteVerita   DM's Cave Of Secrets                                                                                 Only Kismet and nonesuch00
    Kismet DA Palm Island                                                                                                           FINAL: nonesuch00
    So me, IceDragonArt, LaPetiteVerita, Kismet2012
    FINAL: Kismet2012

Prop: Aguja Undersea Environment (Kelp)                                                                      Prop: Horse Drawn Carriage for Daz Horse 2 (Carriage)
    dreamfarmer    Epic  Wings                                                                            LaPetiteVerita     (I'm a Thief)  Jeweled Excellence Earrings
    3dcheapskate   Multiletter System (Letter X)                                                              LaPetiteVerita #8 SMOOTH MOVE she takes them. Architect Office (Buddha)    So dreamfarmer, 3dcheapskate.                                    Kismet2012  Geisha Prop Collection
    FINAL: 3dcheapskate                                                                                                      Me Scrappy The Robot  
                                                                                                                                               So LaPetiteVerita (2), Kismet, Me  
                                                                                                                                                    FINAL: ME

Prop: Pentonville Cell (Toilet)
    Kismet  Senior Walker Props (Walker)
    RGcincy  Mortuorum Sanctis (Coffin Lid)
    barbult The Werks Mega Prop Collection (Lollipop)
    dreamfarmer   Wine Me
    Stormlyght SY Rigged Waterfalls
    Me: Grapevines (Grapes)
    Kismet, RGcincy, barbult, dreamfarmer, Stormlyght, Me
    FINAL: ME

Character: BD Aspen
    3dcheapskate  Nybras
    Me  Sharks by AM Great White 
    Me  Keiko 6
    3dcheapskate   Housefly By AM
    LaPetiteVerita  Sakura 8
    IceDragonArt  Baby Packy
    xmasrose DA Unicorn for Daz Horse 2
    Stormlyght  Sakura 8
    3dcheapskate(2), Me (2), LaPetiteVerita, IceDragonArt, xmasrose, Stormlyght
    FINAL: Stormlyght

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

What you proposed regarding who qualified is fine with me.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

I didn't get the required 10 moves, so I am fine with being deemed ineligible for a prize, if that makes it easier and more fair. I couldn't keep up and slept through the final frenzy. blush 

• Novica what you proposed is fine for me.

barbult said:

I didn't get the required 10 moves, so I am fine with being deemed ineligible for a prize, if that makes it easier and more fair. I couldn't keep up and slept through the final frenzy. blush 

8 moves is no small deal. Let's do what I proposed because you were a real trooper. :) 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited August 2018

Perfectly okay with what you proposed. 

And I'm going to have to find a way to counter that eternity spell I do believe.....

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    Novica said:
    barbult said:

8 moves is no small deal. Let's do what I proposed because you were a real trooper. :) 

OK, thanks. 

Perfectly okay with what you proposed. 

And I'm going to have to find a way to counter that eternity spell I do believe.....

Make sure it is an annual event and Hagred will move on next year.

@Novica  Out of curiousity have you/did you receive any comments from viewers?

edited August 2018

No, I asked that they not post on that thread. You can see how disruptive that would have been for me to try to get to your posts and have comments in-between. It would be fun to have another thread going at the same time with viewers suggesting game plays, but I was worried they would give suggestions that were based on not-current situations and it would mess up the players' game. The thread got over 3600 views/posts. :)  I am happy to say I think it was a sucess. I did not announce it anywhere so I don't know if The Commons even knew it was going on. My priority was honestly to give the Art Studio people some fun, as that's my "home." (Six Years.) 

Post edited by Novica on

LOL another thing I found funny- talk about adding posts. I had over 300 new posts just related to the game. 

edited August 2018

So how's it going? Scrappy the Robot  EDIT- my surface tool showed him as one material zone the first time, don't know why. When I selected him his entire body, bolts, etc were one big thing.  Scrappy has good material zones. 

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

So how's it going? Scrappy the Robot is AWFUL. Very, very few material zones. It's almost one big zone.  Pathetic. I'm having to do new ones and it's been hours. 

Scrappy was released in 2005, so that makes him 13 years old. Who stuck you with that crappy Scrappy? laugh I guess technology has come a long way in that time. I'm sure you'll spruce him up. I still remember what you did with Hailey's Comet. That was very impressive, and I bought it because of what you showed off.

Well I am basically done with my scene, it just need to be render at least at FHD or higher, and I have to say that Northern Terrace is super modeled and super packaged - so easy & lightweight - but the material zones on that need revamping as that have a sort of 2010 vibe. That said, I didn't use the geometry / surfaces editor to create new surfaces but just replaced the windows shaders, one of the exterior window frames materials, and increated the bumps/normals on almost every thing else to  5.0 or 10.0 after contering all to iRay with the Uber Iray material converter preset. Then for the Urban Warrior Sword I replaced those materials & also on the Versatile Terrain new materials.

Surprising little work I had to do.

I did try Baby Packy with the orginal skin materials & varios gingham, tartan, polkadotted, and floral patterns as skin but the fabric skin didn't quite create the wanted effect. I may try knit fabrics in place of the default skin for the Packys.

edited August 2018

delete double post

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

So your saying no matter what I render I am only going to get the $5 prize?

or do I still have a chance at the $50 etc???

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I haven't even had a chance to look at my list, let alone render anything.  We are going camping this weekend which means no internet so not only do I have to get my promos done that are due sat and sun I have to pack as well