Hex Gallery

Comments

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Very nice indeed A3DLover, great lighting :)

It has been a bit busy here lately, hopefully as more Hexers start to get to grips with things they will contibute their images to the gallery.

To save our mod popping in - If you fancy adding an image to the main DAZ Gallery please remember to add "Hexagon" to the list of 'Content/Software Used' and 'Add Category' sections.

I've completely forgotten how to display a large image here, any help :)   

Once you've added the attachment, you can go back and edit your post and insert an image that links to the attached image. I don't know if that's the right way, but that's what I do.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    found a old wip from 2013 (was actually looking for a different model i had made) messed around with this over the weekend but now im thinking its gonna look different greeble wise. a few pics, wip started in hex renderz in carrrara (btw i love carrara) this is kinda a hybrid twixt stargate & starship troopers universe.
    Doc2_wip.jpg
    1280 x 768 - 151K
    Doc3_wip.jpg
    1280 x 768 - 122K
    Doc4_wip.jpg
    1280 x 768 - 208K
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited July 2018

Great ship A3DLover, I especially like the detail on the bottom. 

I've got CDs full of old projects (back-ups of back-ups), its like looking back in time - I was amazed at how far I've come with 3D modeling.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on

Great ship A3DLover, I especially like the detail on the bottom. 

I've got CDs full of old projects (back-ups of back-ups), its like looking back in time - I was amazed at how far I've come with 3D modeling.

well honestly i dont think ive actully gotten any better but modeling and rendering is just a hobby. dug out a old model and been trying to get it more accurate klingon vor'cha . my really big problem is getting a metallic looking shader on the domains (sounds tragic for some one with photoshop and carrara :( ). model in hex render in car7 standard (like to purchase pro upgrade someday) this model is on sharecg but this render has minor changes moving toward a more authentic look.
    vorcha 7 18 18.png
    1280 x 768 - 439K
  • Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 833

Both the model and the render look great to me!

Well done.

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
    edited July 2018

Great job everyone!
    My newest Hexagon model is ready for texturing. Recent updates to Hexagon have nicely improved stability. Editing parts (scale/rotating/custom plane etc) inside groups could be better still. 

ToTexturing.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 1M
    Post edited by Protozoon on
    Protozoon said:

Great job everyone!
    My newest Hexagon model is ready for texturing. Recent updates to Hexagon have nicely improved stability. Editing parts (scale/rotating/custom plane etc) inside groups could be better still. 

wow that is just wild modeling, i used to do salvage work on conn selmer strat horns. so many pieces but this is a cake capper. well a few updates the only way to do this any better is start over. i feel bad for anyone that download my previous version it had multiple copies of greebles and nurnies from abusing the symmetry tool. this version is much cleaner. modeled in hex render in carrara. was getting frustrated with maps and textures in photoshop so i opened up pd pro and made a tex that finally looked half good.
    07 26 18 b.png
    1280 x 720 - 310K
    07 26 18.png
    1280 x 720 - 278K
    well i believe im done with this. the "blueprints" came from someone called startrek unnamed so i dont know how accurate they are but they look really good. apparently the blueprints are neither canon or official i recently discovered . . oh well. gonna re assign shading domains since theres alot of duplicate domains that arent useful and ill re up to sharcg if thats still a good site
    001.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 137K
    002.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 140K
    003.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 131K
  • Hi 3Dlover, Have you tried https://www.the-blueprints.com they have a few Star Trek ships - You have to register to view/download the blueprints.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Having a little fun with Hex and Daz Studio.

• Looks amazing DzFire, very imaginative. Will this be in your store ?

I could probably get it into the store.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited August 2018

I still have a lot to learn, but every project I do, I try something new. Worked hard on this crib to get the UV mapping laid out properly and the canopy is the first time I've made something designed for dForce. I'm pretty happy with the results overall.

SiofrasCrib-WithCanopy-d.png
    480 x 600 - 330K
    Post edited by JonnyRay on

Hi 3Dlover, Have you tried https://www.the-blueprints.com they have a few Star Trek ships - You have to register to view/download the blueprints.

Thanks for the link @wee dangerous john , @dzfire impressive and imaginative like the plugin feet and the screw in bulb sockets. seems daz studio has came along with some good rendering capabilities. i have pro version 4. something but its so cumbersome on my old p4. @jonnyray awesome work, ive never been good at the uv thing nice models. started a new old from ground up klingon non canon or official model this one seems better than my original from some years ago still in wip mode
    005.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 248K
  • ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
    edited August 2018
    A3DLover said:

Hi 3Dlover, Have you tried https://www.the-blueprints.com they have a few Star Trek ships - You have to register to view/download the blueprints.

Thanks for the link @wee dangerous john , @dzfire impressive and imaginative like the plugin feet and the screw in bulb sockets. seems daz studio has came along with some good rendering capabilities. i have pro version 4. something but its so cumbersome on my old p4. @jonnyray awesome work, ive never been good at the uv thing nice models. started a new old from ground up klingon non canon or official model this one seems better than my original from some years ago still in wip mode

Wow! That's great! It's gonna look awesome with textures.

-p-

Post edited by Protozoon on

My latest Hexagon modeling project. There's still a lot of tweaking to do on it. Especially UV mapping wise - too many visible seams. But I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out so far. :)

SiofrasHighchair.png
    800 x 1000 - 582K
  • Nicely done Jonny, I see what you mean about the seams - keep at it :)

Thanks, John. :) I think I may be in love with Ultimate Unwrap 3D. It was a great tool for cleaning up the UV mapping!

SiofraHighchair.png
    800 x 1000 - 701K
  • That looks a lot better, the camera angle is good to - Nice one.

For the odd occason I cannot losse a seam I use Blacksmith3D paint (v3, tried the latest version and could not get on with it).

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256

many great models here

its fun to see how you go from simple sweep/extrude wings aircraft to better modeled aircrafts,its very lowpoly

and I was curious how it would look like to have all missiles fired simultanously

M

arrowsidefront.png
    1004 x 567 - 105K
    arrowfront.png
    1004 x 567 - 33K
    arrowunder.png
    1004 x 567 - 84K

Nice Mach. :) That's a lot of ordanance to be carrying on one fighter. :)

JonnyRay said:

Nice Mach. :) That's a lot of ordanance to be carrying on one fighter. :)

thanks Jonnyray

found this old TY2 cloth project

minskirt1.png
    490 x 559 - 175K
    miniskirtbuckle2.JPG
    2440 x 3250 - 185K

Coming up for air, the Colonial Marines' M755 APC.

Very nice DZ!

"Game over man. Game over!"

• Great looking APC's DZ. A lot meaner looking than the UK version I've been in.

Submitted to Daz, fingers crossed.

• Looks great in full screen, amazing promo - I wish you all the best with it DzFire :)

looks great,good luck DzFire

• Old-school ship building.

new_scout_staging_area_3.png
    800 x 450 - 578K
  • Nice one Shawn, was the wing detail modeled or bump/normal maps ? Very nicely done wither way :)