Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief Makers

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3871066/#Comment_3871066

Nonesuch I have disconsolation so I don't think you can get Barbult to have it

I think they have tablets now that you can take to cure that ! wink

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Everyone- please use the Current Status page which shows who has what- it matches the timeline. The lists of characters, sets, props may have errors, I try to double check but for every post, the timeline has to be done, the items checked first (but I don't do in red at that point, the critical thing is getting that status page done) the status page done, then I go back and do pages with the characters, sets, props. Next time the game runs (if I do it) there will be set times for gameplay and two people running the game. One person's sole job will be getting those lists in red and returning items to black. The other person (me) will do the timeline and the current standings page. It's too much for one person to keep things flowing when four to six people start posting at the same time :) 

Okay, let me ask- is there anyone else who is only short by ONE move so far as making it to 10? What I do for one person I will do for all. I make the move as your proxy to switch something out of your possession and bring something back in. Someone was coordinating with me to do that and we got sidetracked with sorting out another post, so it happened after the deadline. Wasn't the person's fault I couldn't talk and coordinate it. 

I need to know now though, I have things to do today and headed out shortly.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'm good.  And thanks for the help!  You did a great job on this and the time you spent is totally appreciated!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I'm good.  And thanks for the help!  You did a great job on this and the time you spent is totally appreciated!

I 2nd that.

And I completely agree there needs to be 2 people running this next time.

edited August 2018

Take a look at these results- oh MY things are going to be interesting.

CURRENT STANDINGS:    Check TIMELINE.  FINAL RESULTS

Changes to what players had in their possession are marked in red. 
    The next post down starts the Timeline- it will track for you the latest moves by the gameplayers! 

3dcheapskate
    Set 1:   A Curious Hallway       Set 2:  Echoes of Andromeda
    Props:  Regenerator (Prop)          Thursdays Child- Deaddy Bear (Bear)             
                 Playtime (Hobby Horse)
    Character: RDNA Sluggians

barbult  
    Set 1: The Cage       Set 2: Old Country Farmhouse
    Props:  Kick Scooter            Signs of Protest (Sign Left Hand)          Lemonade Stand (The Stand)
    Character:  Muck

dreamfarmer   
    Set 1: aMAZEing Journey Around The World                               Set 2:   Sun Hall
    Props:  Props: Fun In The Sun  (Lounge Chair)                   Everyday Groceries (Toilet Paper) 
     Laundry Day Mega Set (Prop: Empty Dryer) 
    Character:  Charlotte 8

IceDragonArt   HAS OLD HAGRED  Can be moved NOW every 10 minutes Moved at 9:40 so can be moved 9:50 Central
    Set 1  Cryptus Sepultus        Set 2:  Fantasy Tavern     
    Props:  Hood Huntress Collection         Boned Wings for G3/8 Midnight Skeleton
                  New Colony Props (Module 3e)
    Character: Iray Alligator By AM 

Kismet2012   
    Set 1:   Bend of the River                                    Cafe Luca      
    Props: Laser Toss Arcade Game (Machine)                 Porta Potty (Potty)  
                Iray Snow, Light and Ash (Snow Rock)
    Character: Abel for Genesis 3 Male

LaPetiteVerita    
    Set 1: Enchanted Ballroom                         Patio Dining Set   
    Props:   Jacuzzi Deck (Deck Chair 1 Red Cushion)               RW Rafting Fun (Raft)  
                  Blade Weapons (Rip Saw)  
    Character:  Toon Generations Two Essentials

Nonesuch00   
    Set 1:  Versatile Terrain           Set 2: Northern Terrace Street 
    Props:  The Gardener's Potting Shed Tools (Wheelbarrow)     Urban Warrior (Large Sword)              
                 Geisha Prop Collection (4 Asian Inspired Fans)            
    Character:  Baby Packy

Novica    
    Set 1:   DA Palm Island           Set 2:   Fancy A Game Of Chess
    Props:   Multiletter System (Prop X  Standard Font)            Scrappy The Robot     
                Grapevines (Grapes) 

Character:  Sakura 8

RGcincy    

Set 1: Abandoned Gas Station          Set 2:  Summer Gazebo     
    Props:  Dream Home Great Room Access. (Bench)              Steampunk Vent (Gears)              
                   BBQ Grill Collection (Grill)   
    Character:  Floyd 8

Saphirewild  HAD OLD HAGRED.  
    Set 1:   Generic Sci Fi Corridor                Set 2: Velodome Track   
    Props:   Daybed Romance                 Ace of Spades Jack  (Backpack)     
                 The Firearm Pack (#2 Rifle) 
    Character:  Belladonna for V4

Stormlyght     
    Set 1: Mystical Cave                    Set 2: The Void
    Props:  Poseable Peonies (Bush Double 2)            Iray Ghost Light Kit 2 (flashlight)   
    Cyber D Model 1 (Prop, not living)
    Character: DA Unicorn for Daz Horse 2  

xmasrose  Has had  Old Hagred  
    Set 1:  Bar Interior 2018                  Set 2   Disconsolation
    Props:   Morphable Meershaum (Pipe)
                  Inflatable Boat (Outboard Motor)               Daz Water Pump/Grain Silo (Water Pump)  
    Character:  Toon Alien

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2018

No hurry Novica but what "Prop" is supposed to be used from the Laser Toss Arcade Game?

Editted to add:  Was there specific item from the Iray Snow, Light and Ash prop?  Never mind.  I found it.  Snow rock.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • I got 12 moves so I am fine. And I had a great time playing yes

No hurry Novica but what "Prop" is supposed to be used from the Laser Toss Arcade Game?

Editted to add:  Was there specific item from the Iray Snow, Light and Ash prop?  Never mind.  I found it.  Snow rock.

IIRC that one never got specified so I assumed it was the game machine itself. You can do it with lights off or on.

@kismet2012  LOL you did end up with the Porta Potty! 

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2018

I'm good with 12 moves - and I love what I ended up with ! Loads of possibilities

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

@3dcheapskate  Oh I'm SURE we're going to see great things from you! 

edited August 2018

Let's talk about the renders. It's very simple and had been mentioned before.The minimum size for either side is 600 pixels, and when we post them if you'll please limit the in-post image to that also (you can do the image larger for them to click on)  It makes it easy for people on mobile devices. For the sets, use as much as possible from each one (keep it balanced if you can. Not 1/4 of one set and 3/4 of the other.)

Each render should have a title. The theme is anything you want to do. To qualify for a prize, all items (2 sets, 3 props, 1 character) must be used. You can add whatever else you'd like to add, but those items are secondary to the main ones. Go for funny, for serious- it's up to you. Judges are looking for originality, creativity, and how well it's rendered. None of those aspects are more important than the other, it's just what the judges like. The judges will be PAs. I'll be working on that this weekend/next week. In a week or so I will start the renders thread. Take your time- you have until the end of the month, the 31st, Daz midnight.

And everyone was such a good sport. There were  some bumps in the road and we can dissect those later, (like not having option 7 thief the way it was, it bogged things down. Each action needs to be DONE and not rely on someone to finish someone else's move. It was fun in theory but not workable.) 

Okay, I've got to head out. Again, thanks so much for the patience and willingness to work through the first time effort of live gameplay.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I have had lots of fun trying to play this game right!!!

I know I am very very happy with the stuff i have ended up with for my render part!!

Oh yes- about that witch. Since we went an additional 10 hours, I didn't really have any time to set up voting. Would it be okay for IceDragonArt to pick one thing from her original group that she has to add to her final results? (The person who ends up with the witch has to add one more required thing to render) 

Definitely a blast, and I don't think we did too bad at all!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

and here I thought I was going to be the one left hold the old haggard!!! Better Sonja then me giggles!!!

Novica said:

Oh yes- about that witch. Since we went an additional 10 hours, I didn't really have any time to set up voting. Would it be okay for IceDragonArt to pick one thing from her original group that she has to add to her final results? (The person who ends up with the witch has to add one more required thing to render)

I am okay with that.

Novica said:

IIRC that one never got specified so I assumed it was the game machine itself. You can do it with lights off or on.

Sounds good.  I'll do that.

Novica said:

@kismet2012  LOL you did end up with the Porta Potty! 

Yes I did.  I have had that for a long time mainly because the promo image of it on the back of that pickup truck was so funny.  But never rendered it.  Now I have no choice.  But I am okay with that.

This was a fun contest to play.  Hiccups where expected and things have definitely been learned.

• Novica said:

OK for me too.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697

I'm sorry, I've had a lot of stressful real life stuff in the last several days and haven't been able to even check this forum. I'm not sure if it's over or too late... It looks so fun though. So sorry I got started with posting items if that screwed anybody up. I may be able to do this tomorrow or Friday if it's not over. I may be able to read the last several pages of this thread later but just wanted to apologize if I screwed up anything for others...

I'm sorry, I've had a lot of stressful real life stuff in the last several days and haven't been able to even check this forum. I'm not sure if it's over or too late... It looks so fun though. So sorry I got started with posting items if that screwed anybody up. I may be able to do this tomorrow or Friday if it's not over. I may be able to read the last several pages of this thread later but just wanted to apologize if I screwed up anything for others...

I can only speak for myself but you did not mess anything up for me.  Real life happens and you have to take the time to deal with it.

• We missed you of course (and you didn't screw up anything, don't worry) but real life has a mind of its own.

@wonderland, no issues and real life always takes precedence as it should.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited August 2018

So we do 1 render or multiple renders to use the items we ended the contest with?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Hip! Hip! Hurray! to Novica for a fun part one. I can't imagine how much time and energy she put into setting up and moderating all the crazy moves.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Fine with the Hagrad conclusion approach.

I'm inspecting the Sun Hall. This is a lot more interesting than the throne room I vaguely assumed it was.

• RGcincy said:

Hip! Hip! Hurray! to Novica for a fun part one. I can't imagine how much time and energy she put into setting up and moderating all the crazy moves.

+1

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    RGcincy said:

+1

+1 * 10

@Novica Thank you! I don't know how you kept track of everything--you did an awesome job!

Trish