Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks very much Horo. I should know this considering how long I've been using Bryce.

:)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,780
    edited August 2018

While playing around with cloud slabs, I created one that looked nice as mist close to the ground. So I decided to make a render with it.

Walking in the mist can be a dangerous thing, because you cannot really see what lurks there and you may not be seen on the road either. So, better be very careful!

in the mist.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 854K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited August 2018

Horo : excellent anaglyphs and thank you again for sending me the glasses. 

Hansmar : Beautiful fog scene !

Post edited by adbc on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,084
    edited August 2018

Hansmar – great mist/fog scene.

Adbc – did you get the 3D googles? Thanks Horo for sending them, beautiful gesture.

I used a terrain from David and Horo’s Object Clouds -2D and 3D and a freebie from Sketchup Warehouse for this peninsula scene. I couldn’t resist an Anaglyph using the ALS. I like the plane flying out but not too happy with peninsula, I wanted it to recede a bit more.

peninsula-plane2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 179K
    peninsula-plane-ana.jpg
    800 x 600 - 206K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,208

Stuart - no problem, I hope it helps. Ha! I still learn new things after all this time - and some of what I once knew I forgot.

Hansmar - Excellently done. The lighting fits the scene superbly.

adbc - you're more than welcome. Thank you for the feedback.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2018

Nice one, Hansmar: don't know if this is of use, but I barely missed the leopard in the scene - jeez what a nightmare to come across such while jogging...human meat etc. cheekyIt is perhaps, and only a suggestion that I am SOOOO cynically priviledged to do so (given my weird sense-of-humour), would putting a lighted sphere (of low intensity) with no shadows in front of the leopard bring-to-fore its menacing, scary threat?

Mermaid...anaglyph of plane works super, and as to the distant penisula 3D effect, I've always had problems when dealing with long distant views (they really don't show anaglyph effects - from my amateur use anyway.)

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

Mermaid. Good looking sky scene, also without the 3D effect.

adbc, Mermaid, Horo, Jay: Thanks. By the way, the hardly visible leopard (or panther) was on purpose. I liked to keep it a bit unclear. Maybe Ill try with the light also, to see what it does. Should add a snake in the grass too, I think. I suppose you did notice the other stalking animal?

edited August 2018

Ah yes, Hansmar...now I can see where you are going: an unprecented threat to the jogger that he didn't expect - through a mist.

Jay

mermaid - i missed your anaglyph. The aircraft comes out and the land is back. It is too far away to actually give a 3D feeling other than that it goes back into the screen. I usually move the cursor over the ana to get a hint how near or far things are from the screen level. The sea at the lower border is just a bit behind the screen and the land goes deeper into the screen. For me, it looks good. consider how far away the land is from your position to look at the airplane.

Hansmar - oh my, I missed the leopard. As a boy, I always saw things in the shadows and had to learn not to be afraid because my imagination just played tricks on me. That's probably why I blocked out the leopard.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Hansmar said:

adbc, Mermaid, Horo, Jay: Thanks. By the way, the hardly visible leopard (or panther) was on purpose. I liked to keep it a bit unclear. Maybe Ill try with the light also, to see what it does. Should add a snake in the grass too, I think. I suppose you did notice the other stalking animal?

are you talking about the dragon?

edited August 2018

No anaglyph this time, just a simple watery landscape and a couple of trees.

Shallow Waters

ShallowWaters.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 138K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2018

Wow, Horo...that sky, and the overall scene looks like some kind of oasis of sorts...camels, pyramids required cheeky

Jay

Thanks Jay and Hansmar 

Horo - thanks for the comment, I worked on this for a few days before I got the effect right with the original, but like everything else I render these days, the next step is.... can I make it into an anaglyph? Some work and some don't. I'm addicted to anaglyphs since I bought the True3D Rendering. I love the fact that I can have objects protuding and receding in the same render, something that was not possible with AnaMaker.  I have uploaded a few more to my Pinterest account.

Great render Shallow Waters, the lighting is awesome.

Chohole said:
    Hansmar said:

are you talking about the dragon?

Glad you noticed it!

edited August 2018
    Horo said:

Hansmar - oh my, I missed the leopard. As a boy, I always saw things in the shadows and had to learn not to be afraid because my imagination just played tricks on me. That's probably why I blocked out the leopard.

No problem. Apparently what I consider to be subtle is perceived by others as invisible. Must be because I know what I made, while others have to guess (due to the darkness).

I decided, thanks to the comments by Jay, to redo the scene. I added a little light on the panther, but could not resist to add three more onlookers that could be threats.

in the mist2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 856K

Forgot to mention, what a lovely landscape with beautiful lights, Horo!

That's way cool, Hansmar...with the other threats now, I bet a zoo-breakout was the cause for all devil

Jay

edited August 2018

mermaid : very nice image and anaglyph.

Horo : peaceful and nice image.

Hansmar : cool !

Just playing again with Bryce, resulting in a landscape with lots of trees. Title : Hidden castle in the woods.

Hidden castle in the woods.jpg
    800 x 840 - 152K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited August 2018

Jamahoney - thank you Jay.

mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Looking improved, I found the elephant.

adbc - thank you. Very nice render with the path through the forest and the castle.

Here, the bar with the C is at the screen level. The object at left appears in front of the screen and the mirrored one (reflecting 2D face) at right behind. Background and light from an HDRI, on the floor a transparent shadow capture sandwich. This one needs 8 rays per pixel to render correctly. The HDRI is at quality 64 and has 15% soft IBL shadows. A long render, over one hour.

Funky Shape 208 Anaglyph

FunkyShape208ana.jpg
    1120 x 800 - 146K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar – the light over the leopard definitely adds to the scene. I see an elephant, a snake and some creature not sure if it’s a monkey.

Adbc – thanks, very nice forest render especially the vegetation.

Horo – that’s so cool. I also uploaded a mirrored Anaglyph – a previous render, to my Pinterest account.

For those interested the link: https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/true-3d-rendering-with-bryce-7-pro/

Hansmar - after mermaid mentioned the snake, I blink-compared the two renders and I noticed it as well as whatever it is left of the left arm of the person.

mermaid - thank you. You have a selection of really great anaglyphs on Pinterest.

Jay, adbc, Horo, Mermaid: thanks. Yes snake, no elephant, yes something (a grey alien) by a tree to the left of the arm of the nice guy. And, indeed, it does look somewhat like an elephant in this position, but it is Creech in crouched position. He is partly behind the pillar of the gate, that is why he looks like an elephant.

adbc: nice forest scene. I would not want my house to be almost pushed away by the trees, but some people like that.

Horo: when will I ever buy that anaglyph glasses to enjoy these anaglyphs?

Thanks Horo, I'm having lots of fun with the True 3D Rendering product.

Horo : thank you. Superb anaglyph !

mermaid : thanks. I had a look on Pinterest : really great anaglyphs !

Hansmar : thanks.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

You guys and gals keep turning out the best renders. I love the green and blue coloring in your most recent submission ABDC, and I think that Hansmar has done an exceptional job of the whole nightmare themed image. Even the way one of his legs seems to disappear behind the other one. its like even in the areas that are well lit there are still mysteries.

Mermaid I find the image withthe airplane particularly convincing. There sould be a little more indirect light on the shaded side of the airplane, but otherwise quite natural and plausible.

Horo, I agree with the others that watery lamndscape is quite pleasinjg. Love the mood and the atmospherics the most.

Rashad, thanks.

edited August 2018

I could not resist to make another abstract.

starland.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited August 2018

Nice abstract, Hansmar...I'm looking for the illusive Martian devil  (I missed him/her in your last render).

A suggestion, perhaps, for future works: integrating the Martian as some 'Where's the Martian' (harking back to 'Where's Wally') - whose creator made millions  yes . I would expect some form of royalty for suggesting so wink.

Btw, it used to be a trick with using both blue and red colours in the general media (print/online etc.,) - where utilising both colours together produced a somewhat 3D-like advertisement to be highlighted. It really didn't work - more it looked like a 'floating type' colored text on another - but it soon lost its appeal.

Today, colour complimentation is all color-wheel based (link - no affiliation).

Jay

Rashad : thanks.

Hansmar : very colourful abstract, well done.

edited August 2018

Hansmar - thank you. Neat abstract.

adbc - thank you.

Rashad - thank you.

A double stacked terrain with a fog patches sphere. Unfortunately, volume materials on a sphere cannot be used within another sphere with volumetric material since Bryce 6.

Peaks above Fog

PeaksAboveFog.jpg
    1200 x 1125 - 245K
    Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.