Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited August 2018

Thanks Adbc and Rashad

Hansmar – beautiful abstract love the colors

Horo- awesome render, great lighting and material on the terrain.

I setup a simple scene with a terrain and a water plane, and played with the camera settings and ended with this, it’s not really an underwater scene.Then I flipped the image in Photoshop (2nd image), not realistic but I like the effects.  The camera is within the terrain and below the water level.

underwater-notso.jpg
    564 x 752 - 198K
    underwater-notso-flipped.jpg
    564 x 752 - 284K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

Jay: Thanks. You didn’t see the Martian? What’s wrong with you? Let me find it for you, it should be green, shouldn’t it? Anyway, the idea is nice, to make a series with complicated renders, all with the same Martian (or alien, or whatever). If I make a million with this idea, I will thank of you.

Adbc, Horo, Mermaid: thanks

Horo: Very nice foggy terrain

Mermaid: I like both versions. The bottom one looks like a lake in a cavern.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,096
    edited August 2018

Horo : Great render, terrain material and foggy atmosphere.

mermaid : very nice images, I also see a lake in a cavern on the second one.

An abstract made with mandelbulb. The formula used is 'Pandora's flowers' from Athos Luca (devianart)

abstract_flower_.jpg
    854 x 712 - 110K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Thanks Adbc and Rashad

I setup a simple scene with a terrain and a water plane, and played with the camera settings and ended with this, it’s not really an underwater scene.Then I flipped the image in Photoshop (2nd image), not realistic but I like the effects.  The camera is within the terrain and below the water level.

It is not necessary to turn the picture over in Photoshop. You can turn the camera in Bryce. 

edited August 2018
    Slepalex said:

Thanks Adbc and Rashad

It is not necessary to turn the picture over in Photoshop. You can turn the camera in Bryce. 

Thanks I didn't think about that. yes  I only decided to flip the image when I went to add the siggy in Photoshop.

Thanks Hansmar

Adbc - thanks. Love the mandelbulb thanks for mentioning 'Pandora's flowers' from Athos Luca (devianart)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

mermaid - thank you. Terrain with water plane is interesting looking. Ha! when I saw this first I thought why not just rotate the camera instead of going to all that trouble of "photoshoping". I find the second one somewhat more appealing.

Hansmar - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Great abstract, nice form and colours.

Thanks Horo

edited August 2018

Two simple terrains (X- and W-Isle) with a material I cobbled together. The volume clouds were rendered as spherical panorama and put on a sphere and the ambient light from a specular convolved HDRI made from the cloud panorama. Renders in 7 minutes (though the panorama from the volumetric clouds took many hours to render).

Sunny Beach

Mermaid really got me infected with the anaglyph virus. A 9 years old sceene redone. The village is by Alan Armstrong (beta version I had tested for him in the Bryce 6.1 times) and I had added three Daz figures. Bryce uses up 3.2 GB to load the scene.

Moonlit Village Anaglyph

SunnyBeach.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 122K
    MoonlitVillageAna.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 212K
    Post edited by Horo on

mermaid, Horo : thank you.

Horo : great clouds, terrain and water for the first render. The anaglyph is very beautiful and detailed.

Horo - two great renders; the terrain, clouds, water and lighting  are awesome. The Anaglyph is superb. I find them just as Addictive as Abstracts. We inspire each other - Adbc mentioned mandelbulb, and I am now inspired to try the Mandelbulb 3D again.

Adbc - maybe you should try making anaglyphs, especially with the mandelbulb render. Jay mentioned how to use the AnaMaker here; https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/135641/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-10/p52

edited August 2018

Great landscape, Horo!

New one from me. Not so sure whether this should be called abstract or surreal. I call it 'stairway to heaven'. The lady, guy and horse are from DAZ, I created the stairway using some onion-forms. The sky is largely a sunset HDRI, mixed with a Bryce sky. Light from the HDRI and the sun. Premium render with true ambience.

stairway to heaven.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 774K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited August 2018

Hansmar - beautiful surreal abstract, I hope the guy doesn't fall off.

Here's a re-render of my previous one with the camera flipped in Bryce. Thanks Slepalex.

underwater-flipped-br.jpg
    564 x 752 - 199K
    edited August 2018

Now a question??? I flipped the camera using the drop-down menu under Edit - Flip Y Axis.

I'm confused that the camera settings did not change. Any explanation.....

original.jpg
    400 x 396 - 157K
    camera_flipped.jpg
    400 x 406 - 194K

Now a question??? I flipped the camera using the drop-down menu under Edit - Flip Y Axis.

Rotate Z 180°

edited August 2018
    Slepalex said:

Rotate Z 180°

Thanks Slepalex. I was thinking 2D and rotated the camera on the Y terrible results then the X nice but not exactly a flip like the Photoshop one, then tried flipping the camera has an object and I got the results I wanted. I did not even try rotating Z because Z is for banking the camera wink Thanks once again for your help, learning something new everyday.

Btw this render is the X rotated 180

So maybe the attributes for the camera does not change because it is not really an object, although flipping it producted the results I wanted.laugh

underground-flippedX.jpg
    564 x 752 - 177K

mermaid : Somehow softer colours on the last flipped render !  Thanks for the link for the making of anaglyphs.... does not look I well get it very soon but it's worth to try later on.

Hansmar : Awesome abstract surreal scene.

edited August 2018

adbc - thank you.

mermaid - thank you. One day you should experiment with the camera, it is also a compositional tool. Z rotation is banking, turning the left side up and the right side down (or vice versa), Y rotates it in a horizontal circle and X looks up or down.

Hansmar - thank you. What a cool surreal abstract. It took me a moment to find the guy hanging there.

Here is a holographic anaglypgh. It shows that banking (Z) the camera is not a good idea for anaglyphs. We have the eyes horizontal side-by-side. You have to align the line of your eyes with the horizon. The model is LORS-1 (Low Orbit Research Station 1) made fully in Bryce by Alan Armstrong. I had tested this beta version in January 2010.

LORS in Orbit Anaglyph

LORSinOrbit3ana.jpg
    1100 x 846 - 124K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2018

Thanks Mermaid, adbc and Horo. Yes, I did add a less obvious item again. Good that you spotted it.

Horo, even without glasses, I see this is a very nice render.

I could not resist making more abstracts. This time I made several renders. At first, I made a render with the spiky-things. Then I noted that the background (just a rotated box around the spiky-things) in the panoramic render already looks quite nice. So I rendered that separately. Next I decided to rotate the camera (never thought about that before, unless to have a tilted view. I made a panoramic render with the camera rotated 90 degrees on the Y. That leads to the 'roots' you see hanging down. Then I changed the sky rerendered with the 'CD' as a result. Hope you like them.

spikes.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Rotated box.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 392K
    roots.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    CDs.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 251K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2018

Horo...Such comments on 3d anaglyphs recently-produced would be insulting...all can one say is SUPER (head tilted for last!)

Mermaid...Think you opened up a whole new way of viewing works to Brycers -  explore/get involved with camera orientation, anaglyphs, 3Ds...etc. Rock on!

Hansmar - Overall experiments produced are really 'crisp' - work number 1 preferred...looks like some form of a eucalyptus plant.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited August 2018

Jay: Thanks.

A new version with camera rotated -90 on Y and 90 on Z. 

This could have been an entry for the 'secret garden' contest, perhaps. I see it as grass (very close-up) in the night and the day. In this case, I did make the 'spikes' visible again, as you see.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention, that I replaced the box by a cone in the last two renders!

grass at night and day.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

Hansmar - thank you. You came up with a bunch of cool abstracts.

Jamahoney - thanks Jay.

edited August 2018

Horo – beautiful anaglyph, it’s one of my favorites.

Hansmar – wow awesome abstract renders, I especially like the 1st one and the last one you posted.

Jay – thanks, it’s so cool playing/experimenting with Bryce.

Tropical Paradise using a model from Share CG by Herminio Nieves and Horo’s Sunny Afternoon Hdri from the Hdri Enhanced Skies product.

And an anaglyph of a previous still render.

tropicparadise.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 414K
    fish-still-ana.jpg
    600 x 600 - 62K

Horo : awesome holographic anaglyph.

Hansmar : wowo, beautiful abstracts.

mermaid : very nice scene and cool anaglyph.

Thanks Adbc

edited August 2018

mermaid - thank you. Beautiful Tropical Paradise and the bird on the tree is a nice detail. The fish anaglyph looks great.

adbc - thank you.
    The buildings are Urban Future 3 by Stonemason. Another try doing a stage anaglyph set in a city. The anaglyph was made as second thought after I finished the normal version (https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/627461/).

City at Dusk Anaglyph

CityAtDuskAna.jpg
    675 x 1000 - 126K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2018

Horo : again an awesome anaglyph !

Used mermaid's link to Jamahoney's tutorial and made an anaglyph with the flower. To my opinion it's well.... not really good, I just tried. I think in the future I will stick to "normal" images and enjoy looking at the ones made by the experts (Horo and mermaid)

anaglyph2 with anamaker.jpg
    854 x 712 - 155K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - thank you. This anaglyph came out quite nice.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2018

Love the 3D, Mermaid...but curse you on the tropics work...I so much want to go on holiday now, but can't afford angelwink

Recent 3D's Horo are super...great depth.

AdBc..don't be disappointed in this your first anaglyph as it works fine (the colours - reds and blues and greens etc., in the original are probably what are causing the issue: colours in anaglyphs have always been a problem - in that some variations will clash with the two primary colours in the 3D glasses). However, if you want to avoid such future hassles, see - Horo's/David's app - I won't say a bargain, but a steal (shushcool...Horo might hear us devil).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
This discussion has been closed.