CHEERS!

Thanks - at DeviantArt it has become my most popular render ever

this was my most popular before:

uss_voyager_by_mototsume-d4koep3.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 125K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Pretty cool!

I'd love to try something with jets, then I don't have to worry about blade blur.

CHEERS!

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

well a lot of the models come with a blade blur prop prop. (lol prop prop.) so that makes it easy.

edited December 1969

Yeah, some do that's for sure.

I have his F-4 Phantom and may get a Mig 15 at some point. Then I'd just have to find some cool skies...

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

For some reason i decided to dust off some older content and start playing around with it today.
    Nothing like super good or anything just a couple quick renders.

liquid_xjpg.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 954K
    galaxy_maiden_aiko_jpg.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 566K
    edited December 1969

And why not if cool looking renders like these are the results.

Nice one

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

And why not if cool looking renders like these are the results.

Nice one

CHEERS!

Thanks. : )

speaking of old stuff, I can't believe how much stuff i had that i never downloaded or used that i discovered when i had to re install everything to the new computer using D.I.M. I have been going through every thing lately trying it all out lol.

edited December 1969

That was one of the biggest reasons why I didn't want to get the DIM, I'd just got DS set up just the way I wanted and thought that having to start again after all that was plain ludicrous. Thank goodness they kept other forms of installation going. I have a load of stuff that I haven't used either, mainly V4 stuff, but, I'll only dig it out again when Gen X for Genesis 2 comes out.

CHERS!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

A little celebratory image I put together for my birthday today. The 3DU Gang have gathered for a party and there's cake and drink for all. Kimberly raises a glass of champagne in honor and even Fairy Sadie has turned up. Though, I think a single slice of cake might prove too much for the little fae to eat. Sam decides you can never have too many balloons and helpfully straps them around his waist. Hopefully someone will grab him before he drifts off into the stratosphere...

Thir... I mean, Twenty-One today! As an artist, I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to do at least one birthday inspired render, so this is my birthday present to myself. Happy Birthday to me.

Happy_Birthday.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 799K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited July 2013

Nice one, HeraldOfFire. Happy Birthday to you.

Post edited by Artini on
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

A little celebratory image I put together for my birthday today. The 3DU Gang have gathered for a party and there's cake and drink for all. Kimberly raises a glass of champagne in honor and even Fairy Sadie has turned up. Though, I think a single slice of cake might prove too much for the little fae to eat. Sam decides you can never have too many balloons and helpfully straps them around his waist. Hopefully someone will grab him before he drifts off into the stratosphere...

Thir... I mean, Twenty-One today! As an artist, I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to do at least one birthday inspired render, so this is my birthday present to myself. Happy Birthday to me.

Very nice! Happy birthday to you!

edited December 1969

Very nice render,

And a very Happy Birthday to you!

CHEERS!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happy Day of the Birth to the HOF! You young whippersnapper you.

edited December 1969

learning a new postwork trick - vapour trails - these are the first I think look fairly close to realistic

F4-phantom-sml.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 99K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited July 2013

Back to the basics 3Delight one distant light using AOA shaders that don't work in Lux nice to get 7 minutes render times again.. These got favored and requested by a site faster then may Lux renders....http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/3-385026623

9271925445_448cdd585e_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 141K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 136K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 116K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 133K
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    learning a new postwork trick - vapour trails - these are the first I think look fairly close to realistic

This is brilliant!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

@Bob: Nice stuff as per usual!

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...bugger, the reminder bots apparently went on holiday again.

First off, Herald of Fire, Happy very belated BDay. Love the pic with all the toon kids.

Moto, love the fighter pics. Have assembled quite a "wing" myself (used some in the Sadie & Kimberly airshow pic I posted many pages back). The contrails on the F4 pic look great. I'll have to try that.

BobVan, Looks like you are having fun with the plastic shaders.

OK I'd be remiss if I didn't uphold the original theme of this thread. so here goes:

First: (speaking of fighter planes), a little something I pieced together for the June PC Challenge

Next, three pics with Xin Xin First as a mischievous fey (using the SSS base), next as a Geisha with a "bashed" version of Jack's Nouveau Vignette, and finally with her favourite weapon in hand (using the SSS plastic shaders)

BTW never could do this from home before (attach 4 pics to a single post). Finally ditched the wireless plan I had and went with a direct cable setup.

Xin_Xin_and_her_Bubble_Bazooka.jpg
    900 x 900 - 602K
    xin_xin_geisha.jpg
    900 x 900 - 749K
    xin_xin_fey.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    dogfightin_dolls_cover_2.jpg
    820 x 1264 - 967K
    edited July 2013

Cool stuff!! Mo playing with shaders http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/20-385497106

9287818235_229717d2b4_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 91K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Hybrid of 3Dlight for shaders & lux for characters http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/19-385446959

9286388741_9018e986f6_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 90K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, the reminder bots apparently went on holiday again.

First off, Herald of Fire, Happy very belated BDay. Love the pic with all the toon kids.

Moto, love the fighter pics. Have assembled quite a "wing" myself (used some in the Sadie & Kimberly airshow pic I posted many pages back). The contrails on the F4 pic look great. I'll have to try that.

BobVan, Looks like you are having fun with the plastic shaders.

OK I'd be remiss if I didn't uphold the original theme of this thread. so here goes:

First: (speaking of fighter planes), a little something I pieced together for the June PC Challenge

Next, three pics with Xin Xin First as a mischievous fey (using the SSS base), next as a Geisha with a "bashed" version of Jack's Nouveau Vignette, and finally with her favourite weapon in hand (using the SSS plastic shaders)

BTW never could do this from home before (attach 4 pics to a single post). Finally ditched the wireless plan I had and went with a direct cable setup.

Not just me then! LOL!

Welcome back, and great renders too, nice!

Keep it up

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Nice work too, Bob!

CHEERS!

edited July 2013

here is another jet - this time a Swedish Saab 37 Viggen

played with the vapour trails a bit more - and also added afterburner effect to piece - best seen in larger picture at DeviantArt.

saab-viggen-sml.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 91K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

Nice one!

I think I have that somewhere....

CHEERS!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited July 2013

I call the first one- "Angry Anime Girl with Plasma Blasters… and some Exploding Robots too"

I hate naming stuff and I hardly ever render figures... I suppose this is why. Besides, someone or something usually explodes when I do.

Don't ask what is going on here, maybe the robots were being too helpful or they were trying to sell her a copy of Dianetics… I'm not sure, but she got all anime heroine on them and now they are real sorry.
    This piece is probably going to be used for my upcoming freebie "Wakefield ZP Reactor Mk67"
    Besides lack of skill and bad judgement, what went into this scene:

The Robophobic Plasma gun toting young lady is Akio 3

I have no idea what face/makeup she is wearing as I had a frontal lobe numbing experience trying to find something useable... all without thumbnails... apparently a Mac issue with older content that has since been fixed (well,mostly... for many things you still have to convert the .rsr to .png)... but yeah, no idea what I used on her face, not that it matters.

A3's Robo punishing plasma blasters are the "Sabre" handgun from "The Privateer" by DAZ 3D- ( ElorOnceDarkAnna and Benjamin appear to be the credited artists).
    http://www.daz3d.com/the-privateer

A3 Pose "JW Pose 01" by UweG - Free
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/30162/browse/11/Poser/5-Action-Poses-For-Aiko-3

A3's Outfit is Shukky's-A3,H3-SpaceSuit "3" -Free
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=59062

A3's Hair is "Mokohair-A3" (by Yamato?) -Free
    http://web.archive.org/web/20061108015323/digitalbabes2.com/~yamato/Xinxin.html

The robots are "Droid" (no artist/modeler credited)
    http://www.daz3d.com/droid

The Wakefield Zeta Pulse Reactor- Mk67 set is by me (soon to be available as a freebie, so no link yet)

The scene was inexpertly put together and rendered in Poser Pro 2010... I will soon try and equally mangle a DS4.6 render, to prove that the models does not kill you if rendered in DS4.6

The laser blasts and explosions where made in Filter Forge 3 and added as postwork in Photoshop.

Included below the first image is a full shot of the whole model/set.... most likely only the tower in the center, and all the equipment and machinery will be included in the set... the lower floor (with the trench around the tower) and the background walls have not yet been optimized for Poser/DAZ and unless people really want/need it, I'll throw it in my "Bin of Useless Background Sets" and be done.

And that my friends is all... and sorry for any undue eyeball distress these image may have caused.

WZPR-3w.jpg
    1200 x 653 - 221K
    WZPR-20w.jpg
    1208 x 826 - 313K
    Post edited by McGyver on
    edited December 1969

screwing around with the aoa shaders again. Used the RM's Lillith expansion textures for her skin.I figured since that skin texture was white it would look pretty cool when i started messing around with teh shaders to get a demon type skin colour.

Drawn_to_the_fire_jpg.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 616K
    edited December 1969

Nice one DB!

You're knocking these out of the park!

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.