New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    these are the two plugin files :

please read my post .

Thanks ... I didn't see that second lline the first time.

So rather than simply re-installing DCC, I uninstall it, then reinstall it, right?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    these are the two plugin files :

please read my post .

Thanks ... I didn't see that second lline the first time.

So rather than simply re-installing DCC, I uninstall it, then reinstall it, right?

yes that should fix it .

edited December 1969

I am still having problems.

I uninstalled and re-installed DDC4.5+

Now it doesn't shut DS4.6P down, it just spins indefinitely and all but freezes all other activity on my computer.

Any more idea?

edited December 1969

Now it doesn't shut DS4.6P down, it just spins indefinitely and all but freezes all other activity on my computer.

Any more idea?

if you are using 4.5 then the plugin should be for that .
    be sure the last number is the same ( if it's 4.6 ---.18 then plugin should end with ---- .18 )
    if 4.6 then get the one for 4.6 .

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Are you re-installing the same version you already have, or did you download the new version matching your D|S version? Remember, "DCC 4.5+" is only what it says in the text label next to the download button. The actual version number in the name of the file you download tells you it's the one compatible with the current D|S.
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

Any more idea?

be sure the last number is the same ( if it's 4.6 ---.18 then plugin should end with ---- .18 )

Again, there is no plugin for 4.6 ...

Now I can't get my scene to open without daz shutting down, again. And it's been another day w/out support ticket response ...

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Any more idea?

Now I can't get my scene to open without daz shutting down, again. And it's been another day w/out support ticket response ...

ok - this is what I would do - uninstalled the plugin - uninstalled 4.6
    so I am starting over - reinstalling 4.6 and see you have the basic plugin ,
    see if I can open a scene .
    it's up to you .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:

Any more idea?

ok - this is what I would do - uninstalled the plugin - uninstalled 4.6
    so I am starting over - reinstalling 4.6 and see you have the basic plugin ,
    see if I can open a scene .
    it's up to you .

I just uninstalled everything, again, then just re-installed 4.6, without installing DCC. I went to open my scene and it crashes.

edited December 1969

Thanks for all the help, guys. DS4.6 + DDC is FINALLY working. It only took about two dozen uninstalls/reinstalls ...

A-Wandering-Warrior---The-Pack---final---signed----web.jpg
    1300 x 1022 - 494K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

"He is dead, Jim"

Hooray for getting DS4.6 to run - it is a nice version!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    "He is dead, Jim"

Hooray for getting DS4.6 to run - it is a nice version!

I hate it ... lol. Still using DS3 for set up, then will use DS4.6 to drape since my DCC is no longer available for DS3. Much faster and all of my content is is accessable that way.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I'm finding drape animation working faster than previous versions (at least seemed to for me).

Here's V6 in her new lingerie (I adjusted breast with a bit of cleavage and lean forward, but apart from that, it's default V6)...

Dynamic_V6.jpg
    1207 x 1080 - 639K
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    I'm finding drape animation working faster than previous versions (at least seemed to for me).

Here's V6 in her new lingerie (I adjusted breast with a bit of cleavage and lean forward, but apart from that, it's default V6)...

I do think the new V6 is looking better than previous genesis versions, especially the legs, but I still don't like the arms. Too rubbery looking.

That lingerie looks awesome. You draped it well. I also think you did an awesome jobe on the breast adjustments, very realistic. :D

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I wonder if there will be any more freebie outfits on Martin's site. There hasn't been a new one in quite a while. Maybe he's abandoned V4/M4.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I wonder if there will be any more freebie outfits on Martin's site. There hasn't been a new one in quite a while. Maybe he's abandoned V4/M4.

Dana

I certainly hope not since I only work with gen4 models.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I do think the new V6 is looking better than previous genesis versions, especially the legs, but I still don't like the arms. Too rubbery looking.

Good thing I'm not alone :D

The arms were Genesis' problem area (well, one of them, female breasts were also pretty horrible) and they are Genes 2 Female's problem area as well.

• SilvheSilvhe Posts: 790
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:

The arms were Genesis' problem area (well, one of them, female breasts were also pretty horrible) and they are Genes 2 Female's problem area as well.
    You're not alone at all, I think :D
    I still use exclusively V4 with the "Perfect" morphs, works like a charm :D

edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    Barubary said:

You're not alone at all, I think :D
    I still use exclusively V4 with the "Perfect" morphs, works like a charm :D

I agree completely. Combined with the PV4 morphs, you still can't compete with V4. I can't wait for them to do more for M4 :D And the dynamics look so great on the PV4 model, I hate to see all Daz Dynamics switch exclusively to genesis.

edited December 1969

I agree completely. Combined with the PV4 morphs, you still can't compete with V4. I can't wait for them to do more for M4 :D And the dynamics look so great on the PV4 model, I hate to see all Daz Dynamics switch exclusively to genesis.

I've never tried since I have plenty of V4 dynamics, but I think you can use Genesis dynamic clothings with V4 (or any other figure) if you make an animated drape. You'll probably need to start in the "T" position to adapt the clothing to V4 since you can't use the "fit to" option, but I think it should work.
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:

I've never tried since I have plenty of V4 dynamics, but I think you can use Genesis dynamic clothings with V4 (or any other figure) if you make an animated drape. You'll probably need to start in the "T" position to adapt the clothing to V4 since you can't use the "fit to" option, but I think it should work.

Well, since I am just now being forced to switch to DS4.6 due to DCC no longer being made available to me at the version I paid for (DS3), I am going to be able to use the newer dynamics. But for the many, many, many people who still prefer, and can use, DS3, they don't get any new dynamics, and that's sad.

I love Daz Dynamics. I wish there were more. It's the vast majority of what I cloth my book cover characters in.

edited December 1969

Well, since I am just now being forced to switch to DS4.6 due to DCC no longer being made available to me at the version I paid for (DS3), I am going to be able to use the newer dynamics. But for the many, many, many people who still prefer, and can use, DS3, they don't get any new dynamics, and that's sad.

I love Daz Dynamics. I wish there were more. It's the vast majority of what I cloth my book cover characters in.

Why? I still use DS3 on occasioni just because some plugins no more working on DS4, but DCC in DS3 works as it used to. Of course I keep a copy of everything I download so I can reinstall it anytime.
    I don't have any of the new dynamics for Genesis and probably these will not work in DS3, but I have to say that the switch toward DS4 was not too hard. There are some disadvantages, some of the plugins won't work and the intrface is really awkward, but there are some things quite useful. It lacks a manual, so you can't use many of the new thing just because you don't know how to do, but if you have time and patience you may have fun experimenting. Of course, if you are trying to use professionally you will end banging your head on the desk. Hard :D

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    I don't have any of the new dynamics for Genesis and probably these will not work in DS3,

FWIW, they don't — they were created as D|S4 files, so D|S3 compatibility isn't possible.
    edited July 2013

Silvhe said:

Why? I still use DS3 on occasioni just because some plugins no more working on DS4, but DCC in DS3 works as it used to. Of course I keep a copy of everything I download so I can reinstall it anytime.
    I don't have any of the new dynamics for Genesis and probably these will not work in DS3, but I have to say that the switch toward DS4 was not too hard. There are some disadvantages, some of the plugins won't work and the intrface is really awkward, but there are some things quite useful. It lacks a manual, so you can't use many of the new thing just because you don't know how to do, but if you have time and patience you may have fun experimenting. Of course, if you are trying to use professionally you will end banging your head on the desk. Hard :D

My back-up file corrupted or something. All I know is, when I got the new system and copied everything over, my DS3 dynamic controls went wonky and when I went to re-download it from my product library, only the DS4.5+ version was available to me. So I had to upgrade, and even that was an ordeal. Took at least a dozen uninstall/reinstalls for either or both to work without crashing.

Very distressing.

But at least I am back to work and clients are happy, again :D

And yes, when relying on any software to work as it should, or to have products you paid for to be available as the company supports for other products no longer be available, in a professional situation, it very stressful. As a full-time freelance artist, time lost fighting software can destroy my livelyhood.

Any software or hardare problems, not just Daz. By no means am I bashing Daz as a whole. I just don't like DS4+ or genesis ... lol. DS3 and V4/M4/K4 have kept my family housed and fed. :D And of course, Daz Dynamics :DD

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • old-dogold-dog Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Has anyone else found that the new versions (supposedly for Genesis) of the "Ultimate Dynamic Tee" have their rig all messed up?

Move the thigh and the shoulder moves, scale the abdomen and the thing folds into spaghetti, fit to genesis and you GET spaghetti? This is 4.6 64 bit.

I found it - impossible. I switched to Genesis because the V4 shoulders were driving me buggy, even with the perfect mods. (Repeated saves and restores of the file left me with weird skeletal arms and shoulders... genesis not a problem - yet )

However, the dynamic wardrobe I have built up is unusable. The draping works a treat, but the rigging has holes in the references.

• DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

Found the same and have asked about it with no responses.

edited December 1969

Thought I'd try a V6 item on the Genesis 1 character Aven - she's much smaller than V6, so pleased it didn't end up in some dodgy wardrobe malfunction incident :O

I did a small bit of postwork to lessen the "brittle" look of some of the sharp fabric creases (slight blur and slight smudge).

Full res version on dA... http://fav.me/d6d4adl

Aven_Plays_Dress-Up_1080.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 554K
    edited July 2013

[...]
    My back-up file corrupted or something. All I know is, when I got the new system and copied everything over, my DS3 dynamic controls went wonky and when I went to re-download it from my product library, only the DS4.5+ version was available to me. So I had to upgrade, and even that was an ordeal. Took at least a dozen uninstall/reinstalls for either or both to work without crashing.

Very distressing.

But at least I am back to work and clients are happy, again :D

Eh, been there, done that. All my simpathy (smile)
    Post edited by Silvhe on
    edited December 1969

old-dog said:
    Has anyone else found that the new versions (supposedly for Genesis) of the "Ultimate Dynamic Tee" have their rig all messed up?

Move the thigh and the shoulder moves, scale the abdomen and the thing folds into spaghetti, fit to genesis and you GET spaghetti? This is 4.6 64 bit.

I found it - impossible. I switched to Genesis because the V4 shoulders were driving me buggy, even with the perfect mods. (Repeated saves and restores of the file left me with weird skeletal arms and shoulders... genesis not a problem - yet )

However, the dynamic wardrobe I have built up is unusable. The draping works a treat, but the rigging has holes in the references.

Sounds like you're trying to change pose after running your drape? If not, I misunderstand - but run a drape animation and UDT should be fine.

Here it is on a Genesis (customised V5 Supermodel shape) - i can't show from the front, the low scoop turned out to be a bit too low pass forum rules...

UDT_on_Genesis_1.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 152K
    edited December 1969

Oh, but one thing I got in the habit of doing is parenting, then unparenting, dynamic items to figure... I can't explain but it seems to let drape animation work better.

Here another drape animation with different neckline on the UDT (again Genesis character based on V5 Supermodel figure)

UDT_on_Genesis.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 169K
  • ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

I wasn't aware that the tee had been updated for Genesis. Guess I need to download and take a look.