DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

It's getting stuck optimising images - it does that sometimes. Use Edit>Preferences to check the location of your temp folder and either go there to delete its current contents, then reload the scene and try rendering, or try changing the location and again reload and try rendering.

That's got it. Thank you kindly!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    The CMS is now installed with the Install Manager itself, not DS, so that peopel with Carrara etc. don't have to install DS to get it. Reinstall DIM and you should get it back.

Can you clarify: are you really saying I can't get the CMS in DS4.6 unless I've installed the DIM? If so, what happened to all the comments in the past along the lines of "you don't have to use the DIM" - do you have to install it even if you don't use it?

We got word that DAZ does not intend to get rid of the Bitrock installers for Application and plug-ins. DS will still come with CMS if you install via the .exe. So, you don't have to install or use DIM

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    MelanieL said:
    The CMS is now installed with the Install Manager itself, not DS, so that peopel with Carrara etc. don't have to install DS to get it. Reinstall DIM and you should get it back.

Can you clarify: are you really saying I can't get the CMS in DS4.6 unless I've installed the DIM? If so, what happened to all the comments in the past along the lines of "you don't have to use the DIM" - do you have to install it even if you don't use it?

We got word that DAZ does not intend to get rid of the Bitrock installers for Application and plug-ins. DS will still come with CMS if you install via the .exe. So, you don't have to install or use DIM
    Thanks for that info - I prefer not to install DIM on my main DS machine (because I use a complicated library setup) so it seems that as long as I install DS4.6 from the exe-file I'll be OK. (I have DIM installed for downloading only on my laptop, which has the internet connection, then copy the zip files over to the other machine and unzip them there to wherever I want)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

jaebea said:
    Question about changes: "Added support for TriAx to TriAx AutoFit" Does this mean that when I convert V4/M4 to a TriAx Weight Mapped that TriAx AutoFit will work with them like it does with Genesis?

It's for converting clothing for one TriAx figure to another (previously it worked only from a legacy figure like V4 or M4 or the Millennium Horse to a TriAx figure like Genesis or the DAZ Horse 2). It isn't terribly useful at the moment, since there's no Horse2 clone shape for Genesis nor vice versa, but as more TriAx figures appear it will potentially be useful (I suppose someone could make a Genesis clone shape for Cthulu, so the poor thing could wear clothes).

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70144/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph

Not a horse.... but give me time and I'll see what I can do about that.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790
    edited December 1969

This is an absolutly NO GO !!! I've created a custom body morph for my own use by mixing pregiven Morph targets and exporting them as an *.obj file into my DAZStudio 4 folder. I loaded the *.obj via morph loader and everything worked fine. It is not yet obvious to me how to create a permanent slider in Daz-Studio, so I intend to do it in another session. After closing DAZ, I found out that my *.obj-file was GONE. DAZ-Studio deleted my *.obj-file. Is this on purpose or a bug? However it is unaccepteble.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

This is an absolutly NO GO !!! I've created a custom body morph for my own use by mixing pregiven Morph targets and exporting them as an *.obj file into my DAZStudio 4 folder. I loaded the *.obj via morph loader and everything worked fine. It is not yet obvious to me how to create a permanent slider in Daz-Studio, so I intend to do it in another session. After closing DAZ, I found out that my *.obj-file was GONE. DAZ-Studio deleted my *.obj-file. Is this on purpose or a bug? However it is unaccepteble.

DS is unlikely to have deleted your OBJ file itself - it certainly never has for me - so i would suggest doing a file search, if you look for OBJ files newer then the date you did the work you should catch it.

edited December 1969

I did that file-serch. I tryed it several times, that obj-file stored as a source for morph loader will be deleted, when closing DS. A workaround is to copy that file from the explorer as long as DS is running and paste it in adifferent folder.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Where are you exporting the obj file to?

edited July 2013

To my DS programm folder. D:\DAZ\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 DS seems to handle it like a temp-file.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
    edited December 1969

Odd -- are you looking for it in Windows Explorer?

edited December 1969

Yes, even inwindows explorer search it was not to be found. After closing DS, the obj-file is gone. Copy, paste and rename it before closing DS , to keep your file safe.

edited December 1969

That's really strange -- can you give your exact steps so I can try to replicate it?

edited December 1969

More weird: The copyed backup file musn't stored in the DAZStudio folder either or else it is gone too. It has to be adifferent folder to keep it safe.

edited July 2013

The problem seems to be that ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 folder. Tryed ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Props instead and the file stays untouched after closing.
    1.create a mix of different pregiven morphs.
    2.Export that figure without subdivision as an obj-file into (in my case) D:\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 .
    3.close DS
    ... now I expect that obj-file to be still there.
    4.check windows explorer and search for the obj, it's gone. (I resized the DS window to a smaller size in order to watch the windows explorer and DS at the same time. I could watch that obj-file disapearing shortly after DS has been shut down.

edited December 1969

o.k. had more tests done. This is not just about obj-files. This is about any file that is in the ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio folder. It seems as if DS deletes any file after closing, that was not there by default.

edited July 2013

New test: copying a *.txt test file in that DAZStudio folder, THEN starting DS. My test file is deleted. It Seems DS is trying to keep its folder "clean". ;-)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Just tried it and the obj file does not seem to actually get written, it as Masterstroke says, DS seems to treat as temp file. But you shouldn't be saving files there anyways which may be the reason DS does what it does. As for how to make a custom single slide morph check out this tut for RKane_1.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6483/

edited December 1969

So after a few tests it seems as ifDS is very rigid about, what's in this ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 folder. Every file, that is not in there by default will be deleted by DS either when opening DS or closing DS. You can put any file into that folder -even a file not created in DS-, it will be deleted.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Y'know, I don't think this question has ever come up, because there's such a solid definition of "the Content folder is for content" — I don't think anyone's ever saved content or working files to the D|S program folder before. I'd understand if you'd installed D|S to your actual system Program Files folder, that's a protected location in all modern Windows versions, but it's such odd behaviour, I'd be very surprised if it's supposed to happen like this.

edited July 2013

)XE [/size so it is odd to put a file in that folder ?

• TralenTralen Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

This is odd, I have a .txt with some notes at Studio's application folder (Program Files/Daz 3D/DAZStudio4), and it is still there, Studio does not delete it.

Are you sure you have write permissions to that folder?

Post edited by Tralen on
  • Space VikingSpace Viking Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    There has been an error.
    Error running /Applications/DAZ 3D/dzcoreutil -dvs64 : dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libvshared_fat_release_x64.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/DAZ 3D/Frameworks/../Frameworks/libdzcmsconnector.dylib
    Reason: image not found

I'm having the exact same problem. In fact, my original version of 4.6 will no longer open at all saying this (truncated from the bug report):

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: @rpath/libdzcore.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/DAZStudio/DAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZStudio
    Reason: image not found

Any ideas would help.

Yes, sadly, I am on a Mac.

I've installed on a 10.6.8 machine (not the 2008 MacPro as it won't take 10.6,8 for a number of reasons, but no problem on an old 2008 iMac so it must be either something with 10.6.8 on 2008 Mac Pro or you both have something installed. Any progress or should I dig deeper?

Sorry. Was on vacation. Just got this notification now.

I'm on a MAC 10.7.3

3.09 GHz i5

16 GB

The thing I don't understand is DAZ 4.6 was working on my machine, then stopped. Now I can't re-install, and of course I have a job due.

Anything could help. I just tried re-installing an earlier version and that didn't work either.

Sucks to be me.

:)

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I haven't had the time to read all 30+ pages.

After a bit of a Studio break, I am finally trying to get back into creating and had this idea that I wanted to run with. The trouble is that it is taking me forever to do anything (exagerating) because the key shortcuts don't seem to be working. OK, I have only really tried 2, rendering by CTRL-R and deleting an item from the scene by the delete key. Neither one worked and I have used those two a lot in the past. I am currently re-downloading Studio 64 and going to try to reinstall. Operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit

thank you

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Zelroth:
    ctrl+r renders for me
    Delete key delets item from scene for me

DS64bit, Windows7 64bit

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Loss of keyboard shortcuts is a bug that has existed since 4.0. It's a corruption of the layout. Re-loading your layout (or one of the default DAZ ones if you haven't saved your own custom layout) should restore the keyboard shortcuts.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited July 2013

Thank you! It is so very annoying - I will try changing layouts tonight. ((Hugs)) (edited for morning speak ;) )

Post edited by Zelroth on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2013

Sorry, lost track of this -- would somebody please post a link to the fix for Genesis1's content not showing up in the SmartContent tab while Genesis1's selected (and while SmartContent is otherwise working fine)?

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited December 1969

Leave it to Daz, to continually give, give, and give yet never to take, take, and take, unlike several other software companies! (This includes the gaming industry as well!)

Thanks a lot for putting up with my own yammering and complaining over the years, you folks are setting an excellent example for the software industry as a whole!

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Here's a positive...it's so very nice to load up a scene and not have DS run out of memory. I have been creating some pretty intense scenery and DS is taking it all. There were times before when I couldn't even get a quarter in there that I can now!! Thanks Daz!

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18 will not install on my Windows 7 I tried both the 32 and 64 bit version. Both say I have to be administrator to install. I am logged in as administrator and start the installer as a administrator.
    Also the installer place the 64-bit program in the "Program (x86)" folder.