so if an animation is saved using genesis it works on Genesis 3

well this is news to me

so if an animation is saved using genesis it works on Genesis 3, all this time I never knew

aniblocks for V4 you name it if baked to timeline and saved using genesis

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

FOR GODS SAKE WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SAY STUFF SAVED ON GENESIS!!!!!!!!!
    WORKS ON GENESIS 3
    I kept trying Genesis 2, V4 M4 etc

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

That is pretty mind blowing

I have wasted all this time since Genesis 3 came out trying all sorts of crazy work arounds and scripts and it was this simple, 

I am certain some must have known, I never even realised genesis poses worked more or less, hands being the only issue but most animations do not include hands

naturally for poses I tried earlier legacy stuff then genesis 2 and found no good and never thought to try genesis, others must have known this much surely.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

and while AniBlocks from genesis won't work as is, simply saved as an animated duf pose after baking to timeline they do!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited May 2018

Really Wendy ? I tried baking them and still nothing.   all the generation 4 aniblocks I have created and converted to genesis 2 still do not work for genesis 3 even if I convert them from genesis2 to genesis3 they still don;t work right.  even the genesis posermocaps aniblcosk give me the same results when i tried them., to me its looks like a bird trying to learn how to fly or something with the arms streched out

Am I not turning on or off something?,  whats your secret to making genesis aniblocks work with genesis 3? because everything i have tried did not work for me, I wish it would be as easy as baking keyframes from aniblocks

Capture.JPG
    1919 x 1019 - 272K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited May 2018
    Ivy said:

Really Wendy ? I tried baking them and still nothing.   all the generation 4 aniblocks I have created and converted to genesis 2 still do not work for genesis 3 even if I convert them from genesis2 to genesis3 they still don;t work right.  even the genesis posermocaps aniblcosk give me the same results when i tried them., to me its looks like a bird trying to learn how to fly or something with the arms streched out

Am I not turning on or off something?,  whats your secret to making genesis aniblocks with genesis 3? because they do not work for me

yes you are doing what I mistakenly did, using genesis 2

you need to use Genesis 1 and not save them as aniblocks save as a duf pose preset animated

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited May 2018

EDIT:

Nvm figured it out.

Post edited by Tryhard on
    edited May 2018

wow that's a awesome I just tried  ..  Just wow great find Wendy I wonder why using genesis instead of g2 works that way  but its works great Most exccellent   .Now we need a way to make genesis  work with genesis8 ?

Thanks Wendy for the info you just expanded my content library..lol

Capture.JPG
    1813 x 920 - 237K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited May 2018

So I got it figured out. Here's how you get Mixamo animations work with Genesis 8.

1) Download the desired animation as FBX from mixamo (I used Aiko 6 as fbx avatar)

2) Open up Daz3D

3) Import the FBX from mixamo

4) load up Genesis 1 figure

5) select the fbx imported avatar and create aniblock from imported fbx animation.

6) Copy it to genesis 1

7) delete the fbx import

8) Bake genesis 1 aniblock to timeline

9) Save as Pose Preset (make sure to chose Animation Range)

10) Open a new scene in Daz

11) Load up Genesis 8

12) Make sure you have this installed: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176806/g3f-to-g8f-pose-helper

13) Apply G3F Pose Helper morph to 100%

14) Drag the .duf file on top of Genesis 8.

15) Be happy that you found an easy way to make G8 work with mixamo.

Post edited by Tryhard on

I do use the latest DS beta if that could be a factor 

otherwise

simply load genesis

genesis 1

not 2

use an aniblock and bake it to the timeline

save it under file save as pose animated

load that on genesis 3

premade genesis poses also work on genesis 3 but hands can be funny

also if you wish for genesis 8, pose it arms up 45° legs in 6° and with the little bowtie icon tool selected, the rigging tool right click in scene edit bake joint rotations and then it too can load those saved duf poses

you need to do this every time you load genesis 8 though, using 3 much simpler 

edited May 2018
    th3Digit said:

otherwise

simply load genesis

genesis 1

not 2

load that on genesis 3

also if you wish for genesis 8, pose it arms up 45° legs in 6° and with the little bowtie icon tool selected, the rigging tool right click in scene edit bake joint rotations and then it too can load those saved duf poses

the good thing is once you have genesis3 loaded and running the motions keyframes preset. you can resave it for genesis 3 as aniblocks . I just tried this trick on daz 4.8 and 4.9 and I am not using beta 4.10 just the release version and it worked on that version too.  I wonder why this work aroudn was over looked.  But its a really great find Wendy  Thanks a lot for shring it too. like I said you really just exspanded my animation content . I had picked up a ton of 3DU genesis3 characters the other day and have been trying to figure out how to get my genesis motions to work with those toon figures . Then *Poof * here comes Wendy and save s the day :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    Ivy said:
    th3Digit said:

otherwise

simply load genesis

genesis 1

not 2

load that on genesis 3

the good thing is once you have genesis3 loaded and running the motions keyframes preset. you can resave it for genesis 3 as aniblocks . I just tried this trick on daz 4.8 and 4.9 and I am not using beta 4.10 just the release version and it worked on that version too.  I wonder why this work aroudn was over looked.  But its a really great find Wendy  Thanks a lot for shring it too. like I said you really just exspanded my animation content . I had picked up a to of 3DU genesis3 characters the other day and have been trying to firgure out how to get my genesis motions to work with those toon fin gures . and Poof here comes Wendy and save s the day :)

we all made the same mistake of using the figure before, genesis 2M &F

or legacy figures 

not much was made for genesis so I too simply never thought to try it

was when I accidentally applied a pose I realised

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

how would this work for carrara??

begging for walk cycles. turn a corner

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    !!! For real? Genesis poses don't need converting? I have got to check this out.
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

That means they should pretty easily work on g8 as well, right? (just dial in agent unawares excellent pose converter)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

can ds save the sound with animation clips?
    if you used mimic fo animation, can you save the voice in the clip?

i dread having to realign the audio with in the frames

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749

Great discovery!!!yes

I just tried some old duf animated presets I made for  G1
    using Iclone on the G3 Male and female.

Works great.
    Looks like some Major Cast changes in my animated film
    are in order 
    Introducing "Ivan HD"  in the role of .........

LOL!! Long live genesis 1 !!cheeky

Truly the Most backward & forward compatible 
    animation rig  in Daz history.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    wolf359 said:

Great discovery!!!yes

I just tried some old duf animated presets I made for  G1
    using Iclone on the G3 Male and female.

Works great.
    Looks like some Major Cast changes in my animated film
    are in order 
    Introducing "Ivan HD"  in the role of .........

LOL!! Long live genesis 1 !!cheeky

Truly the Most backward & forward compatible 
    animation rig  in Daz history.

LOL, truly that old dog turned out to have a few new tricks.

Mistara said:

can ds save the sound with animation clips?
    if you used mimic fo animation, can you save the voice in the clip?

i dread having to realign the audio with in the frames

yes

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

nice find Wendy thank you

edited June 2018

oh to confirm, if you create a t pose parameter and save it as a morph asset you can also load genesis animations on genesis 8 M and F

( or use Agent unawares one, I actually made my own just because)

the hands a bit weird so may want to zero all the values for them by deleteing selected items before resaving

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643

Thanks for sharing!!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited June 2018
    Tryhard said:

So I got it figured out. Here's how you get Mixamo animations work with Genesis 8.

1) Download the desired animation as FBX from mixamo (I used Aiko 6 as fbx avatar)

2) Open up Daz3D

5) select the fbx imported avatar and create aniblock from imported fbx animation.

6) Copy it to genesis 1

7) delete the fbx import

11) Load up Genesis 8

12) Make sure you have this installed: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176806/g3f-to-g8f-pose-helper

I tried this but it crashed DAZ Studio for me. I probably didn't understand correctly. What do you mean by an FBX Avatar? I went to the Mixamo site and uploaded a base Genesis 1 (FBX) which was working fine in their animation window. Then I applied an animation, downloaded it to my PC and imported the FBX animation into a scene with a Genesis 1. All I could see was my DAZ Genesis and an animated Null box. I tried baking the animations from that to an aniblock but it crashed DAZ Studio.

EDIT: OK, I now realise that the FBX from Mixamo needs to be exported "with skin" so now DAZ Studio doesn't crash. However, the animation is not stable - it jumps around the viewport (not as part of the animation). So I still need to experiment more.

Post edited by marble on
  • kwanniekwannie Posts: 861

I just tried this on G3 also, and it works great except for a slight bit of feet sliding on G3 after applying animation. Should I have turned off limits on G1 before baking to timeline? Did anyone else get feet sliding?

Thanks!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

are you certain that the feet didn't slide on the original figure? as you may know, feet sliding is a chronic issue with many animations, sometimes based on the original  mocap, or conversion/import issues, or often based on the DAZ Studio IK scheme. Although some animations don't slide, many (most?) imported sequences do to some degree.

i would hate for you to try to fix a 'side-effect' of this 'trick' (yay wendy!) that's actually part of the original source. I think mCasual has a script that helps reduce foot-slide out there on his incredible site.

that said, the figures probably have a slightly different default hip position and scale, which could result in one sliding and the other not sliding.

let us know what you learn!

--ms

edited June 2018
    th3Digit said:

well this is news to me

so if an animation is saved using genesis it works on Genesis 3, all this time I never knew

aniblocks for V4 you name it if baked to timeline and saved using genesis

For some reason (not unusual for me) I got sidetracked by the Mixamo post and tried that before getting around to trying with Genesis and Aniblocks. Apart from me not understanding that saving "pose animated" is actually an option when using File>Save As> Pose Preset - even I got the hang of how it works. So I have to concur with the enthusiasm from the others in this thread. Jolly well done!

Just a note, there is a script to fix the Genesis feet (not the sliding but the upward bend) when using pre-made aniblocks. Here: http://gofigure3d.com/Amm/Genesis-Offset.zip

Post edited by marble on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    Tryhard said:

2) Open up Daz3D

6) Copy it to genesis 1

7) delete the fbx import

11) Load up Genesis 8

Doesn't help seeing that the link is dead for the most important file!

edited June 2018
    Tryhard said:

2) Open up Daz3D

6) Copy it to genesis 1

7) delete the fbx import

11) Load up Genesis 8

well I made one as I said, you put it in your drive:\My Library\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\-\Product or the female one, as a pose works on both and it will be a pose parameter like agent unawares one

zip
    zip
    t pose.zip
    716B
    Tryhard said:

2) Open up Daz3D

6) Copy it to genesis 1

7) delete the fbx import

11) Load up Genesis 8

Try the Agent Unawares Pose utility (see his/her signature above).