This and That

Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
edited June 2013 in Art Studio

... the card I made to send to my mother on Mothers Day here in Sweden, Going to print it out on photopaper and send it to her the old fashioned way.

I hope I did put this in the right place, but this seemed to be a place to share renders and such. Let me know what people think about this (and eventually others renders I put up)

The background is a free texture from Sirius over at DeviantArt - http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com/

and the prop I used was from Daz and a collection of artists - http://www.daz3d.com/breast-cancer-research-russian-egg

Used a distant light and a uber area light disc (think it was called that... *sheepish smile* forgot to write it down before closing the work)

Glad Mors Dag is swedish for Happy Mothers Day, putting up both the finished card and the actual render

/C

Post edited by Carola O on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

... the card I made to send to my mother on Mothers Day here in Sweden, Going to print it out on photopaper and send it to her the old fashioned way.

I hope I did put this in the right place, but this seemed to be a place to share renders and such. Let me know what people think about this (and eventually others renders I put up)

The background is a free texture from Sirius over at DeviantArt - http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com/

and the prop I used was from Daz and a collection of artists - http://www.daz3d.com/breast-cancer-research-russian-egg

Used a distant light and a uber area light disc (think it was called that... *sheepish smile* forgot to write it down before closing the work)

Glad Mors Dag is swedish for Happy Mothers Day, putting up both the finished card and the actual render

/C

she will love it - cool work

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

Thank you *smile*

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Carola, it is BEAUTIFUL. It reeks elegance and simplicity but speaks volumes. I love the colors- very subtle but catches your attention with the pastels. Nice work, share more!
    cathie

edited December 1969

Thank you Novica :)

This one was not really much to do with tbh, it had a realyl nice base in one of the materials that came with it, all I did was to change a few colors and to make the glassbubble invisible.

My choice for a yellow/orange heart was easy as yellow is moms favourite color :)

I'll tryo to put some other renders up, but I do a whole bunch of different kind of renders I must admit.. and some of them aren't quite fitting here as they are a bit too mature :)

edited May 2013

...one of the renders from me playing with some of my new stuff, bought today.

This is part of the scene that I posted in the PC contest, just this time focused on the female. To Jaderail and Chohole, thanks again for helping me figuring out where the morph to the hair could be found :)

Resting 2

* V4
    * Moonbeam Hair
    * Xurge 3D - Ranger for V4

The man that we can see only part of is M4, wearing Xurge 3D's Medival Royalty for M4.

Background -

* Flipmodes Easy Enviroments - Greenlands

Lights -

* the ones that came with the Easy Enviroment set.

Edit - it's probably a good idea to actually attach the picture want to post *laughs*

resting2.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    edited December 1969

LOL I had forgotten I had this one *grins widely* well, than I can share my two newest smaller things. One is a close up from the render posted in weekly PC item contest, and the other is just something fun I came up with when playing around *smiles*

Before the Ride close up and Bikers Rest

bikersrest.jpg
    1200 x 1552 - 1M
    beforetheride2close.jpg
    1200 x 1697 - 1M
    edited December 1969

This is a render I made a while ago while having a bit of a downtime again, I have had it on Deviant Art for a while, and now is ready to share it in here too. A fair warning, it touches quite heavily on the dark emotional side.

Darkness Within

"Not even the sun on her skin could warm her any longer, she was drowning within the darkness of her mind"

darknesswithin.png
    808 x 880 - 956K
    edited December 1969

Finally managed to create something close to how I "see" one of my roleplay characters...

Kazya - I'm a daughter of the Wild, don't try to tame me

kazhead1.jpg
    673 x 884 - 133K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You need to post more. I almost missed this thread because it got pushed down and marked as READ. I blame the Site on Read as I just found it.

edited December 1969

I will try to do that, but I tend to forget this thread as I upload to the different contests.... might start to upload those entries in here as well. Plus those things that don't get into a contest *grins*

here's a little teaser of osmething I'm working on right now *wiggle eyebrows*

teaser.jpg
    923 x 896 - 295K
    edited December 1969

A mighty dragon scared out of his skin by a little mouse *grins*

The Dragon and the Mouse

Dragon - (screams) "AAiiieeeee it's a MOUSE!!! Take it away, take it away.... "AIIIEEE TAKE IT AWAY!!"

Man - (muttering) "Geez, that dragon is bloody crazy"

thedragonandthemouse.jpg
    1800 x 1012 - 497K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Ah, roleplay characters, aren't they fun? :D

I like your style, keep it up :)

edited June 2013

Aye, I love my roleplay characters :)

On another note, was just playing around while thinking of the character I am currently morphing in the morph thread (Aldrak)... and somehow, I ended up making him a little home/apartment/room/whatever... this is the first render of it, still things that needs to be worked at but wanted to share it so far, and also....

a BIG BIG hug and much thanks to Szark for the area light tutorial, I was following that when making the lights from the lamps.. played a bit with the colors, intensities and such since it wasn't glass but paper, though I think the result is decent... atleast for the first time of actually playing with these lights :)

Aldraks home

It was a dark room, the stone walls had cracks and some rust running over them and the only warmth came from the dark, rusty stove in the corner. Aldrak stopped and looked around, a few shelves, a bed, some cargo units from the time when he served, a few bonsai trees of different sizes, some small mementos and some household stuff. He shock his head with a wry thin smile. It wasn't much for sure, but it was still the place he called home.

aldrakshome.jpg
    1381 x 896 - 461K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Nice use of Area Lighting there Carola and glad to help when I can.

It reminds me a little of Myst Online (Uru) yeah good start.

edited June 2013

I would have loved to be able to actually have a fire in the stove.. but it wasn't possible to open it (atleast not something I've found yet). It's the stove from Romany Charms. So if anyone know of a stove (or something like that) that can be slightly opened like a real one I would be grateful (that stove reminded me of a house I lived in, we did have the normal electric stuff ofc.. but every morning we made tea and coffee on the old fashioned stove.. it was just so darn nice. And that stove alone also managed to warm up the house pretty good)

edited December 1969
    edited June 2013

YES *pounces and hugs Szark before running to hopefully empty the creditcard on the new stove*

... hmm wait.. not tested in daz studio.. uhm.. anyone knows if it works in daz?

edited December 1969

Opps I didn't see that and no sorry I don't have it. I just did a quick Google for Pot Belly Stoves for Poser or Daz Studio and go that. If the surfaces are just texture maps then I can't see it being a problem. You will need to adjust specular in Daz Studio..possibily. :)

edited December 1969

we will see, I did bought it and have just downloaded it... will see if i manage to make it work *smiles*

edited December 1969

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I have a number of stuff made by Transpond which work ok in DS.

edited December 1969

It worked *happy dancing* Now I am going to consult your tutorial and make a little fire for my new stove *smiles*

edited December 1969

Nice one. Have fun

edited December 1969

Bonzai

My first try with using Pointlight :)

bonzai.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 425K
    edited December 1969

Aldrak and his girl, having a teasing cuddle moment *smiles*

aldrakandhisgirlbed2.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 233K
    aldrakandhisgirlbed.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 227K
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 female - Vianne

with Charm hair, string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture, Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Desire 0.10 - Happy 0.27 - Smile Full Face 0.35 - Surprise 0.12

Genesis 2 female - Norma

with Nordic hair - string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture - Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Flirting 0.10 - Happy 0.15 - Smile Full Face 0.44

Diffuse skin color strength is lowered to 65% using the Skin tab in surface pane

Victoria 6 - Bree

with Fashion Hair, string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture, Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Desire 0.10 - Excitement 0.75 - Happy 0.10 - Smile Full Face 0.18 - Surprise 0.015

also used

Posable bonzai

LB's Forget-Me-Not, Indian Grass and Honeysuckle

Cyclorama background

Dimension lights + 1 spotlight

My favourite of these are no doubt the middle girl *smiles*

Trio of girls

Thoughts of the girls, left to right…

girl 1 (left) : ’ Oh my.. what a HUNK! Must make myself look sexy so he see me’

girl 2 (middle) : ‘Oh.. he has a cute nose.. and really nice eyes’

girl 3 (right) : ‘That body… smoldering hot’

trioofgirls.jpg
    900 x 720 - 193K
    edited December 1969

The keeper of Snakes

thekeeperofsnakes.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 519K
    edited December 1969

Home

and than a close up of the Terrarium which shows all four snakes in it *smiles*

terrarium.jpg
    1747 x 902 - 323K
    home2.jpg
    1747 x 902 - 329K
  • brunojamesbrunojames Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very nice, took me a while to find the fourth snake - must be the shy one

edited December 1969

thanks *happy smile*

And yes, I did try to make them somewhat natural in the habitat, and I've seen how many snakes tend to hide away and barely be seen, hoped to be able to recreate that. Glad to hear I succeeded to a certain degree atleast *smiles*

Which one of them was it you had a problem to find? *curious*

on another note, here is another render I did today. Norma (with the bird, and Nyssa (both genesis 2) with Fantasy Ranger for V4 from xurge 3D (via autofit)

Forest Protectors

forestprotectors.jpg
    900 x 1272 - 344K
  • brunojamesbrunojames Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The one just poking a head out from behind the fern.

A couple of links to some free textures for the morphing python on sharecg.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67649/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Anaconda-texture-for-DAZ-Morphing-Python

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67465/browse/11/Poser/Fantasytexture-for-the-Morphing-Python