GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dimension3D, thank you! Thank you very much!
    Only then I'll use genesis 2 more.
    Just to confirm, with GenX for Genesis we'll be able to transfer all characters and moprhs initially created (and transferred) for Genesis1, correct? (Just as the earlier version of genx did.)

Please hurry up....lol

And thank you again! :)

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

There's a Genesis 1 clone morph for Genesis 2 used by auto-fit, but no official Genesis shape morph for Genesis 2. So, like for Kids 4, you have to turn the clone morph into a regular morph by unhiding it, to use it together with GenX.

edited December 1969

Alfinin said:
    Just to confirm, with GenX for Genesis we'll be able to transfer all characters and moprhs initially created (and transferred) for Genesis1, correct? (Just as the earlier version of genx did.)

Please hurry up....lol

Right, I'm working on a GenX version that will transfer Genesis 1 morphs to Genesis 2 female (and male, when it's available). This will support any morphs for Genesis 1, including those transferred to Genesis 1 by GenX.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

D3D said there was a Genesis shape for Genesis2. I didn't see it myself, so I must have missed it when I was thinkering earlier.

It comes up when you autofit.

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

Please forgive me if I am being very stupid here, but have I got this right...

Genesis 2 is the basic figure, and in Daz Studio - I have found that.

If I were to buy the V6 Pro pack...

I would then need the V4 adapter item to allow her to wear V4 clothes (as Genesis 1 did by default)
    I would need to buy the 2 packs of additional morphs (to morph her at all)
    I would need to buy this Gen X thing to use the large number of Genesis 1 morphs that I have bought
    I need to convert many of the Gen 1 skins because although they were for Genesis they are not in the right format for the new one
    I would need to buy M6 to have the male versions.. and I suppose Hiro 6 and Aiko 6, oh and Kids 6.....

And after all this I would have a figure who can move her jaw, but can not turn into a man or a monster like before, and for whom I will have to buy clothes that can not fit males.

I just don't understand exactly what the quite large V6 price is FOR? A morph for a new figure that is not compatible with anything I own?

Especially as Genesis 2 clothes and skins are not compatible with Genesis 1.

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Alfinin said:

Please hurry up....lol

Right, I'm working on a GenX version that will transfer Genesis 1 morphs to Genesis 2 female (and male, when it's available). This will support any morphs for Genesis 1, including those transferred to Genesis 1 by GenX.

Yeah!! Thank you for the quick reply!! :)

• grylingrylin Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

i just cant keep up with these o.O am too broke too now . but she looks okay

• 3dbug3dbug Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Elgyfu said:

I would then need the V4 adapter item to allow her to wear V4 clothes (as Genesis 1 did by default)
    I would need to buy this Gen X thing to use the large number of Genesis 1 morphs that I have bought
    I need to convert many of the Gen 1 skins because although they were for Genesis they are not in the right format for the new one
    I would need to buy M6 to have the male versions.. and I suppose Hiro 6 and Aiko 6, oh and Kids 6.....

And after all this I would have a figure who can move her jaw, but can not turn into a man or a monster like before, and for whom I will have to buy clothes that can not fit males.

I just don't understand exactly what the quite large V6 price is FOR? A morph for a new figure that is not compatible with anything I own?

Yeah, unless I am mistaken, I've run through the same calculus and the same conclusion.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited December 1969

Elgyfu said:

Yeah, unless I am mistaken, I've run through the same calculus and the same conclusion.

Psst! There are lots of threads to complain about V6 in. Me, I just want to thank the handful of PAs who are actually doing something to fix it. :)

(Though I would like to why the Genesis one shape in the new auto-fit is hidden. Is it in the Witness Protection Program? "Cause I get the feeling from that look in V6's beady little eyes that she'd have no remorse over rubbing out her nearest rival.)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

(Though I would like to why the Genesis one shape in the new auto-fit is hidden. Is it in the Witness Protection Program? "Cause I get the feeling from that look in V6's beady little eyes that she'd have no remorse over rubbing out her nearest rival.)

So that you don't get a bunch of excess dials. All the autofit clones on Genesis 1 are hidden, so you don't have people trying to figure out which V4 shape dial is the correct one to use.

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

I am not really complaining, just trying to understand what this item actually IS and why one would want it.

What I am reading so far seems like it is a step backwards not forwards. Which is rather odd.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to the expansion / addon here, this will come in really handy and this is certainly one of the core products that made me consider Genesis 2 at all. Thank you *smiles*

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for doing this. Makes both Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 very versatile with your help. :)

• KrewKrew Posts: 25
    edited June 2013

Dimension3D, thank you very much for letting us know! GenX was the FIRST thing I thought about when I heard that Genesis 2 characters were coming out. Without GenX support, I wouldn't get the Genesis 2 characters because it's that important to me, so I appreciate all of your efforts. :-)

Post edited by Krew on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Morphs transferred by GenX to Genesis are just regular morphs. So, a transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 will be able to transfer them as well. Of course, you will need to morph Genesis 2 into Genesis 1, then to the Victoria 4 shape, and then your transferred morph will look the same on Genesis 2 as on Victoria 4.

Erm ... is that bit I've put in bold quite right? A V4 morph converted to Genesis by GenX is the change of shape from the V4 shape, transferred to the Genesis mesh. If upgraded GenX then converts it to Genesis 2, it's still describing the change of shape from the V4 shape, now adjusted to the Genesis 2 mesh. So all you need do in Genesis 2 is dial up the V4 shape in Genesis 2 from the Genesis 2 V4 product, then dial up the G2 GenXed morph. No dialling up Genesis 1 shape in Genesis 2.

Oh - are you assuming no Genesis 2 V4 product so the user is also GenXing the Genesis V4 morph, which would need the Genesis shape dialled too in Genesis 2? I'd have thought most people wanting to use V4 characters on Genesis 2 would get the V4 for Genesis 2 product.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    ...I'd have thought most people wanting to use V4 characters on Genesis 2 would get the V4 for Genesis 2 product.
    Ah, if they think they could do that, then they'll be a wee bit disappointed because that's not the function of that product... V4 for G2 gives you a (very nice) V4 shape and ability to use V4 texture maps on G2 - but that's all, it does not give a method to transfer customer characters to G2, so GenX expanded to include G2 is still very much needed.
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    DavidGB said:
    ...I'd have thought most people wanting to use V4 characters on Genesis 2 would get the V4 for Genesis 2 product.
    Ah, if they think they could do that, then they'll be a wee bit disappointed because that's not the function of that product... V4 for G2 gives you a (very nice) V4 shape and ability to use V4 texture maps on G2 - but that's all, it does not give a method to transfer customer characters to G2, so GenX expanded to include G2 is still very much needed.

You misunderstand me.

What I'm saying is that with the V4 for G2, you dial up that V4 morph in G2 and then dial up the morph-made-for-V4 converted via expanded GenX. That is rather than what D3D wrote which was to dial up both the V4 morph and the Gen1 morph in G2 and then the morph-made-for-V4 converted via expanded GenX. That is to say, if you have the V4 for G2 you just dial that up, rather than the G1 morph and an expanded GenX converted V4 for G1 morph before then applying the converted morph-made-for-V4. A V4 for G2 replaces having to use both the G1 morph and a V4 for G1 converted morph to get G2 into the V4 shape. Of course you need the expanded GenX to convert the morph-made-for-V4 to G2 to then apply onto the V4 shaped G2 - that's a given.

However, the V4 for G2 raises the possibility of the expanded GenX being able to convert a V4 morph to G2 directly, rather than converting a V4 morph that's already been converted to G1. That may well be a benefit, as in my experience, the final quality of conversions of pretty much anything decreases exponentially with the number of consecutive conversions. If trying to replicate a V4 character on G2, a carefully made V4 for G2 is going to be a little more accurate for the base V4 shape than a conversion of the V4 for G1 morph; and a straight conversion of a V4 character morph to G2 a little more accurate than having the V4 morph converted to G1, and then that converted to G2. You will get a closer replication of the V4 character on G2, then, having V4 for G2 alongside the expanded GenX.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...I have the original GenereationX, the add ons, and "legacy" body shapes. It is an incredible tool and adds a whole new level of versatility to Genesis. It made creating the characters for my story so much simpler, as I was able to pull in the Gen4 morphs which give them their unique appearance.

Short of receiving a minor windfall, "Genesis Classic" is as far as I can afford to go. Like many here, I don't have the resources to invest in a whole new library of figure/characters/clothing/hair content and plugins, particularly since I am now out of work. However even though I will probably never purchase the update it is good to see that work is already underway.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I see now... not to mention one would also need the "V4 for G2" product to use any of the V4 character textures anyway, so it would seem to make sense to use the G2V4 shape as part of the conversion process... but one thing I do know for sure is that I don't know enough to be offering advice to somebody like Dimension3D, LOL

• xmarinexmarine Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

i'd buy a genx for genesis 2 day one.

As will I. Great plugin. Outstanding support from the dev. I do not consider an upgrade fee out of line.

Cheers...

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

Morphs transferred by GenX to Genesis are just regular morphs. So, a transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 will be able to transfer them as well. Of course, you will need to morph Genesis 2 into Genesis 1, then to the Victoria 4 shape, and then your transferred morph will look the same on Genesis 2 as on Victoria 4.

Erm ... is that bit I've put in bold quite right? A V4 morph converted to Genesis by GenX is the change of shape from the V4 shape, transferred to the Genesis mesh. If upgraded GenX then converts it to Genesis 2, it's still describing the change of shape from the V4 shape, now adjusted to the Genesis 2 mesh. So all you need do in Genesis 2 is dial up the V4 shape in Genesis 2 from the Genesis 2 V4 product, then dial up the G2 GenXed morph. No dialling up Genesis 1 shape in Genesis 2.

Oh - are you assuming no Genesis 2 V4 product so the user is also GenXing the Genesis V4 morph, which would need the Genesis shape dialled too in Genesis 2? I'd have thought most people wanting to use V4 characters on Genesis 2 would get the V4 for Genesis 2 product.

Right, I was assuming that the Victoria 4 morph on Genesis 2 is the V4 classic shape morph transferred from Genesis 1. For V4, there would be the alternative to go directly from V4 to G2 with the "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" product. (I might support this in GenX directly.) For other figures like V3 or M4, there's no option like this at the moment.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited June 2013

Any chance in adding dsa->.duf material conversions to the Preset tab?

Edit: Make that GenX preset conversion enhancement request from .ds and .dsa -> .duf

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • BBlogoBBlogo Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Any chance in adding dsa->.duf material conversions to the Preset tab?

I also would like a batch tool to convert any material preset file (mc6, mt5 or pz2) to duf format to use V4 textures on V6 because for now the process is very tedious to manually convert a materiel preset one by one in DAZ studio.

• DaiMaSeiDaiMaSei Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

For V4, there would be the alternative to go directly from V4 to G2 with the "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" product. (I might support this in GenX directly.)

Oh thank you very much, I don't care for Genesis to Genesis 2 morphs, I just want my V4 faces working with Genesis 2 :)

edited December 1969

About converting materials from ds/dsa or pz2/mt5/mc6 to duf, both would be rather difficult tasks. ds/dsa are scripts, so their content is not easy to parse / translate. Poser materials use a different material system, so a full mapping of all features is tedious.

However, I think you only want to apply these materials to Genesis 2, which only requires to rename the material names from the V4 naming scheme to the G2 scheme. This is done for DUF files automatically according to the "legacy surfaces", but it's not done for legacy material formats. This task is pretty simple. But one may discuss if it is not a feature that DAZ Studio should provide to do the mapping for older formats as well.

In any case, it's nothing to include into GenX, because it has nothing to do with morphs. But it may be a tool on its own or part of a more generic batch processing tool for Poser/DS content files.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

In any case, it's nothing to include into GenX, because it has nothing to do with morphs.

I'm with ya there, You can focus on getting morphs over and that would work for me.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited June 2013

This is done for DUF files automatically according to the “legacy surfaces”, but it’s not done for legacy material formats. This task is pretty simple.

Dimension3D, please do it... : )

I'll also buy "GenX2" as soon as it's released.

Thanks again for all your tools (even if I got difficulties to use them, I'm not good with all text howto)

Post edited by sioc on
  • siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

@Dimension3D : any news *wink*

• Reggie68Reggie68 Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

With V4 for Genesis, you could create Genesis versions of V4 characters that were almost exact duplicates. IMO, the V4 for Genesis2 shape isn't a close enough match to create G2 versions of characters for every requirement.

The picture shows a V4 character in the centre and a G2 on the left and G1 on the right. They are all wearing the exact same V4 outfits which have been autofitted.

As you can see the G2 boots are a much better fit than G1. Faces are almost identical but I am unable to show the major differences due to forum policies.

Gen2Test.jpg
    960 x 540 - 353K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I have bought Gen X but never got around to using it. Could anyone point me at an easy tutorial?

thanks

Pen