GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
edited April 2016 in The Commons

Because Genesis 2 is a different mesh than Genesis 1, Genesis Generation X (GenX) can't be used with Genesis 2 at the moment. However, Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can't give details or a release date this time, but I'm planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well as direct transfer from generation 3 and generation 4 figures to Genesis 2.

Update on March 11, 2014:

Genesis Generation X2 and the GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2 have been released.

For details, see the new announcement forum thread for GenX2.

Update on March 20, 2014:

Version 2.0.1.0 of Genesis Generation X2 is now available for download in the Product Library and DIM. It is highly recommended to install this update. It fixes the possible crash and the file read problem that were reported in the forum. In addition, it has new morph list search options for groups and values (including search for non-zero values). See the updated manual for more details about the update.

Update on June 18, 2014:

The 66% upgrade pricing for Genesis Generation X2 will end on August 15th, 2014. If you own version 1 of Genesis Generation X and intend to get version 2, please do so before the upgrade coupon expires on August 15th, 2014.

Post edited by Dimension3D on

Comments

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Which we have to paid again, right?

• edited December 1969

Might I suggest the compatibility morphs be treated as an 'upgrade' for those who have already bought previous versions and priced accordingly. Likewise anyone buying the full package pays full price.
    That way the existing customers don't feel ripped off at paying full price to upgrade a product they've bought already (even if this is caused by external changes) and they might be more inclined to support the vendor in future but the vendor might not make as much per sale. However I suspect (and hope) a lot more people would willingly pay a reasonable price for upgrades to compensate.
    Alternatively, could a discount voucher be issued to existing customers to offset the cost of the new version?

Just a thought

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Thank you, thank you, thank you... this will help me come to a more favourable decision about adopting G2

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

I love you and your work, so my ire is not directed at you, just so you understand. I spent the last 3 months, and about 3-4 thousand dollars, getting genesis up to snuff, including genx and countless morph packages, character packs etc. I can't even use the character textures that came out last month because apparently I need to spend another 15 dollars giving gen 2 the v4 UVs which she should have just come with. I find myself completely unwilling to spend a penny right now, on anything. This just seems absurd to me.

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Thanks Dimension3D, this is great news.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2013

johnkidby said:
    Any chance it'll go up somewhere other than the DAZ shop?

Because I really, REALLY don't feel like giving them any more of my money right now...

The only legal way to buy any DAZ 3D content is through the DAZ 3D store, unless at some point in the future a limited edition of it appears on a magazine cover disc.

This is not to say that it will appear there, just that this would be the only way apart from a purchases through the DAZ 3D store.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Because Genesis 2 is a different mesh than Genesis 1, Genesis Generation X (GenX) can't be used with Genesis 2 at the moment. However, Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can't give details or a release date this time, but I'm planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well as direct transfer from generation 3 and generation 4 figures to Genesis 2.

Thank you for this...

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Extending GenX for Genesis 2 requires some major changes in GenX, so it won't be a free update. But I will keep pricing reasonable for existing customers of GenX, like I did with the upgrade version from the Gen4 tool to GenX. I don't have details about the male version of Genesis 2 yet, but I'm planning to support both, Genesis 2 male and female.

johnkidby: Because the GenX plugin and all add-ons are released at DAZ, the Genesis 2 extension will be as well.

sgreco1970: It's everyones own decision to switch to Genesis 2 or not. For those who do, I will provide a tool to get their morphs from older figures to Genesis 2.

• Cenobite451Cenobite451 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The only legal way to buy any DAZ 3D content is through the DAZ 3D store, unless at some point in the future a limited edition of it appears on a magazine cover disc.

This is not to say that it will appear there, just that this would be the only way apart from a purchases through the DAZ 3D store.

I suppose that depends on how one defines DAZ 3D content - I won't claim to know the ins and outs of the legal minutiae, but presumably Renderosity et al. aren't operating illegally...

Still though, if it's produced directly in partnership with DAZ then yes, I imagine they'd not be best pleased to see it redistributed elsewhere. But I didn't think there'd be any harm in asking.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

i'd buy a genx for genesis 2 day one.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    johnkidby said:
    Any chance it'll go up somewhere other than the DAZ shop?

Because I really, REALLY don't feel like giving them any more of my money right now...

Excuse me????
    You can buy plugins/shaders/clothes/characters for DazStudio - which is Daz content - from other stores.
    I think you got something muddled up.
    DazOriginals are only at Daz3d.com or magazine discs - but PA products can be sold elsewhere.

Like Ralf wrote it's not very sensible for an upgrade to GenX (THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS AND TELLING US!!!!!) - but would be totally legal.

edited June 2013

I did say DAZ 3D content. ie content sold by DAZ 3D. I did not say Daz Studio content.. Yes PA content can sometimes be sold elsewhere, but not at a lower price than you would get it from the DAZ 3D store, and without all the DAZ 3D guarantees and so forth.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I did say DAZ 3D content. ie content sold by DAZ 3D. I did not say Daz Studio content.. Yes PA content can sometimes be sold elsewhere, but not at a lower price than you would get it from the DAZ 3D store, and without all the DAZ 3D guarantees and so forth.

But isn't this about a PA product? I kind of don't see the point of your initial post...

• ZebratechZebratech Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

This is wonderful news, D3D! I've created a litteral ton of morphs for G1. If G2 has more polys to play with and I can get my G1 creature morphs transferred, I am totally game! Thanks for the heads up.

edited December 1969

I'm not sure what this discussion is about after all. PAs are independent developers, so they can release their products wherever they like. There may be exceptions for products that were created in cooperation with some store or for other reasons, but then it's up to the PA to know and to care about any special conditions.

edited December 1969

Chohole sometimes does get muddled ... sorry for derailing your thread (but she started it ---> points at Chohole).

Thank you for telling us what you are planning for the future. Just don't use the word "soon" around here - it means "some years or never". *grin*

edited June 2013

Kerya said:
    Chohole sometimes does get muddled ... sorry for derailing your thread (but she started it ---> points at Chohole).

Thank you for telling us what you are planning for the future. Just don't use the word "soon" around here - it means "some years or never". *grin*

Cho holds hands up. Yes maybe I got a bit muddled, but when I see someone wanting to get something elsewhere other that at DAZ 3D I do start getting jumpy. That does often mean only one thing.

SO yes agreed, sorry for derailing Dimension 3D

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I hope that will be a free update for all Gen X users, as 'm not update the gen 3 or 4 for just another gen 2 figure.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kerya said:

Cho holds hands up. Yes maybe I got a bit muddled, but when I see someone wanting to get something elsewhere other that at DAZ 3D I do start getting jumpy. That does often mean only one thing.

SO yes agreed, sorry for derailing Dimension 3D

People who wanted the NEW GenX (GenX2?) to be sold at another site (I am not one of them, I have enough hassle with SM "noncustomersupport" at the moment) - were absolutely legit.
    It's not like they want the original product to be elsewhere.
    And even that can happen when a vendor stops selling here and goes somewhere else.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • CrystalNovaCrystalNova Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

This is good news! I have 100s of Genesis morphs, imported using GenX or native and I'm not about to buy them all again. Can't wait!

edited December 1969

I don't know if Genesis 2 male and female will share the same mesh or not. If so, it would be very simple to transfer morphs from one to the other, you just have to copy the dsf morph file to the morph folder of the other figure.

Morphs transferred by GenX to Genesis are just regular morphs. So, a transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 will be able to transfer them as well. Of course, you will need to morph Genesis 2 into Genesis 1, then to the Victoria 4 shape, and then your transferred morph will look the same on Genesis 2 as on Victoria 4.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Thank you for letting us know that you are going to be able to produce a GenX for Genesis 2.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    edited December 1969

Excellent. Please add directly to my cart and auto check out once available...
    TD

• edited December 1969

I don't know if Genesis 2 male and female will share the same mesh or not. If so, it would be very simple to transfer morphs from one to the other, you just have to copy the dsf morph file to the morph folder of the other figure.

Quoting V6 advert

The male and female specific bases not only allow for more masculine and feminine figures, but allow clothing to be designed more specifically for one or the other, rather than having to fit both. This makes for much sexier, and real-world like attires that drape, hang, and hug where they should without stretching.

As I read it the mesh will be different but heck I could easily be wrong. Maybe DAZ can clarify.

edited December 1969

By "the same mesh" I meant a morph compatible mesh, like V4 and M4 have the same mesh, but a different shape.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I need to have money available when this comes out, so are we talking days (I know, but I had ask), weeks, or months before update.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

D3D said there was a Genesis shape for Genesis2. I didn't see it myself, so I must have missed it when I was thinkering earlier.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

larsmidnatt, I've sent you a PM about this.