DAZ Install Manager v.1.0.1.75 Update

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited August 2013 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Install Manager - version 1.0.1.75!

DAZ Install Manager has been updated to allow more sophisticated software applications (such as DAZ Studio) to be downloaded via the DAZ Install Manager interface.

In addition, the following changes and enhancements have been made.

- Added General and Photoshop options to the Filter By Tag > Content menu, of Default Filters
- Added the “Installed Files…” action to the context menu of products on the Ready to Download and Ready to Install pages that have been installed and have updates
- Added the “Installer Files…” and “Installed Files…” actions to Product Option Menus on the Ready to Install and Installed pages
- Added the “Installed Files…” action to Product Option Menus of products on the Ready to Download page that have been installed and have updates
- Preserve file modification date-time for installed files
- Re-enabled automatic installation of the Valentina 4.8 CMS server; this sub-installer was already included in the 1.0.1.59 release, for Carrara 8.5 users that did not want to install DAZ Studio 4.x in order to obtain the CMS Server, but had to be executed manually; inclusion allows software applications that can communicate with the CMS server (i.e. DAZ Studio, Carrara 8.5, Install Manager, etc) to be distributed via Install Manager.
- Added 10 and Pro 2014 versions to Poser application options
- Updated Poser 9 tag label to indicate Poser 9+

For more details view the DAZ Install Manager v.1.0.1.75 Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• co.lo.r.o.lf.3co.lo.r.o.lf.3 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

cant get daz pro 4 to download.....using the manager.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What problem are you having? Is it not showing in the Ready to Download tab, or is the download not completing?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited June 2013

Hi! This explains why I've been trying to run DIM for the past 3 hours to download a new purchase I made and kept getting that it was downloading an update for the DIM. Except that it wasn't. When I came to the DAZ site to dl the latest version, it was the same version I was already running.
    Sp I tried dling again a little while ago, and sure enough there was the new version.
    Except that when I try to dl it, I get about 1+ meg to download, then I get this message:
    Unknown network error.
    So...how long before dl link actually works? : )

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

BTW, I lost count of how many times I tried to dl the new version at 5. That's pretty much how high I can count. Wait, I just noticed I have another hand! :D

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited June 2013

What problem are you having? Is it not showing in the Ready to Download tab, or is the download not completing?

It doesn't show up in the Ready to Download tab for me. The other bits are there, Decimator, GoZ etc, but not Studio itself.

Though none of the other apps are there either, Hexagon, Bryce or Carrara, so maybe they just haven't got around to makeing them avalable yet.

Post edited by Lord Majestic on
  • ccriscione14ccriscione14 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi Everyone. Does Anyone know if there is a windows 64-bit version of the new download or any version for that matter because 32-bit isn't going to work for me. if anyone knows please feel free to e-mail me at

[email protected]

thanks.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Installer update failed for me too. Should have known it would, each one released has at first. Fortunately I was able to get the items from , my order as after it failed it allowed me to continue.

edited December 1969

Hi Everyone. Does Anyone know if there is a windows 64-bit version of the new download or any version for that matter because 32-bit isn't going to work for me. if anyone knows please feel free to e-mail me at

[email protected]

thanks.

The 32-bit version will work on 64-bit systems. It doesn't handle anywhere near enough data to require 64-bit.

edited December 1969

My bad (sorta) the DIM was updating itself, it was just taking a very long time. For future reference: please include a progression message of some kind so we can tell something is actually happening and the DIM update isn't just hung up.
    Thanks.
    John

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

Suggestion for a future upgrade of the Install Manager: Could there be some sort of Log File access for troubleshooting? On a number of occasions, for varying reasons, an Install has failed. I have usually, in the end, worked out why and got the thing to work, but it is very frustrating just to be told "Install Failed!" with no further information.

• CrystalNovaCrystalNova Posts: 20
    edited June 2013

I installed and updated the DAZ Install Manager fine, but now when it trys to install an update for a product, it gives the Runtime error "abnormal program termination"

Running on Win7 64bit

Edit:

Could be something else, not sure, I went back to version 1.0.1.59 and I'm getting the same error now (new product install this time).

Edit2: Looks like a disk space error! I had 8GB free on the disk DIM was installed on (not disk where the content was being installed to), I cleand up 8GB from the Daz Studio temp folder (due to Luxus), so I now have 16GB free and the error doesn't happen anymore for either 1.0.1.59 or 1.0.1.75. So everythign is working again *shrug*

Post edited by CrystalNova on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Did the update last night. Started up DIM and it immediately told me there was an update and what would happen. At the same time the forums were down for maintenance so wasn't sure how far wide that was throughout DAZ3D but apparently the servers where the downloads are stored were not affected so the update went as expected. While it does show and download the DS 4.5 plugins still doesn't find the PS plugins folder so the PS Bridge is still sitting in the queue to be installed. All the other plugins were installed, hopefully correctly. lol This little program just gets better and better. Thanks DAZ!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Cayman said:
    Suggestion for a future upgrade of the Install Manager: Could there be some sort of Log File access for troubleshooting? On a number of occasions, for varying reasons, an Install has failed. I have usually, in the end, worked out why and got the thing to work, but it is very frustrating just to be told "Install Failed!" with no further information.

Actually there is a Log File, though it took me a while to find it.

You don't say what OS you're using, but on my Windows 7 Pro laptop, I finally found the Log File as follows:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\log.txt

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

You can access the log file from directly within the application too. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click on the "show log" button in the lower left corner.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

You can access the log file from directly within the application too. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click on the "show log" button in the lower left corner.

My goodness, you're right!

And thanks, Miss B, for the pathname.

I wonder how I missed that ...

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

I don't see anything in the changelog about removing the necessity for the DIM to use the Public documents folder, and allowing the option to use a user folder instead (as it should and as all the hundreds of other programs I have and have had did/do).

Is this correct? Is it still insisting on using the Public documents folder? If so, still unacceptable to me.

And another thing really peeving me. I see in My Product Library that with the complete move to the zips, there is now no longer an indication in My Product Library what VERSION the download product is, so I can't see if there's been an update to things.

This is really shabby. DAZ produce the DIM program breaking programming standards (at least on Windows); they SAY we don't have to use it and can just download stuff by hand if we want; but then they REMOVE vital information from the download pages that are essential to managing one's content without using DIM. There is no reasonable excuse for removing the product version - at the very least it could still be in the zip filename when mousing over the download button. This is clearly just a cheap shot to try to force everyone into using the DIM. But I am NOT using the DIM until/unless it abides by standards and at least offers the OPTION of using User folders instead of Public ones. If it becomes effectively impossible to manage my content without the DIM - as appears to be the trajectory with the removal of product version info from the Product library pages - then I shall simply go elsewhere for content.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,360
    edited December 1969

Put in a feature request through Bug Tracker here https://bugs.daz3d.com. It requires a separate login from your DAZ account

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

I upgraded my Test computer to 64 bit so I had to do a clean install and I noticed there was an update and I don't like it very much.
    I didn't and won't use this CMS, nor Smart Content TAB. With the installation of DS4.6 I skipped the install of CMS and now the DIM installer just installs it without any notice whatsoever. Why can't I just choose to not use the CMS? I only use it for downloading and I was almost going to install DIM on my main computer because I like it the way it downloads very fast but now I don't. So I have to keep dl manually everything *sigh*
    I've read in the first post there was a manual install for the CMS for Carrara users, why could it be that way for everyone? Just skip the CMS like the DS4.6 installer? Is there any way I can still do that?

Love, Jeanne

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,360
    edited December 1969

You don't have to install using DIM. You can just download the files and install them manually

edited December 1969

I know that and I did that but when I wanted to use the DIM(1.0.1.59_Win32) for downloading on my new system it wouldn't go further because there was an update, so I let it update.... then it installed the CMS! So now this CMS -the Process- is still running and I closed DS a few hours ago, have to install more than just DS. :wink:

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Put in a feature request through Bug Tracker here https://bugs.daz3d.com. It requires a separate login from your DAZ account

Why should a program following standards every other program, by anyone, and even other DAZ programs follow be a feature request?

And, after DAZ arbitrarily closed all by bug reports last year, unfixed, even though I had been updating them version release after version release as requested, I am not inclined ever to use the bug tracker again.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    You don't have to install using DIM. You can just download the files and install them manually

Which was fine ... UNTIL DAZ STOPPED PUTTING VERSION NUMBERS ON THE CONTENT in the My Product Library.

They no longer email about updates. They've now removed version numbers from My Product Library so we can no longer see updates on our own.

How, precisely, are we realistically supposed to manage our content without DIM if we cannot in any way see whether content has been updated or not? This has become a total nonsense.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Did the update last night. Started up DIM and it immediately told me there was an update and what would happen. At the same time the forums were down for maintenance so wasn't sure how far wide that was throughout DAZ3D but apparently the servers where the downloads are stored were not affected so the update went as expected. While it does show and download the DS 4.5 plugins still doesn't find the PS plugins folder so the PS Bridge is still sitting in the queue to be installed. All the other plugins were installed, hopefully correctly. lol This little program just gets better and better. Thanks DAZ!

Did you add the path to Photoshop in Settings > Applications?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited June 2013

No. I keep forgetting they added in a bunch of new stuff to DIM....

EDIT..... Added it, and DIM installed it.... *poof* all gone from the queue! YAY!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

So reading the changelog I guess the update automagically installing the CMS wasn't a bug... :sick:

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    So reading the changelog I guess the update automagically installing the CMS wasn't a bug... :sick:

I'm afraid it isn't and as I said earlier: I don't like it, I really don't like it :very sad:

Love, Jeanne

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    WandW said:

I'm afraid it isn't and as I said earlier: I don't like it, I really don't like it :very sad:

Love, Jeanne

I uninstalled CMS and DIM seems to work fine for content, which is what I use it for...

• Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:
    Installer update failed for me too. Should have known it would, each one released has at first. Fortunately I was able to get the items from , my order as after it failed it allowed me to continue.

I went to run DIM and it said there was an update. It started installing the update and crashed. Now I can't get either version to install! :(

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    JeanneM said:
    WandW said:

Love, Jeanne

I uninstalled CMS and DIM seems to work fine for content, which is what I use it for...
    Aaahhh, thank you! Why didn't I think of that? LOL Never mind, I still think it has to be my choice when installing the DIM to not let it install or use CMS just like I did when installing DS4.6

Love, Jeanne

• jogasejogase Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have tried the DIM and everytime I use it I cant find the files in Daz ..where the heck do they go ..I still used the exe files if they are available but when not I have to download the zip and put the files in myself then I can find them ...