Show Daz that Carrara users are a market worth supporting! How many Product Pages do you have?

1192021222325»

Comments

Cbird makes me feel better heart

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

69 . . .

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    Cbird said:

Now 183 . . .

I believe an intervention may be in order.

Ha, you go girl!

How about showing off a few of those products and entering the Challenge?

I'm nothing if not persistent.

I'm loving the wip thread. So many great tips and a really tempting theme too!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited March 2018
    Cbird said:
    Cbird said:

Now 183 . . .

I believe an intervention may be in order.

Ha, you go girl!

How about showing off a few of those products and entering the Challenge?

I'm nothing if not persistent.

I'm loving the wip thread. So many great tips and a really tempting theme too!

Thank you!  But not quite tempting enough, eh?

Sorry, I never give up. :)

Edited because what I said may cause confusion.  New rule - never post after midnight. :)

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800

seems Carrara users buy as much as DS users by the looks of this thread in the commons

shame Carrara doesn't get a small portion of the support  from DAZ as DS does crying

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

mebbe Daz's turn to show carrara users support? angeldevil 

HD morphs 

• In some ways, I actually consider it a benefit that Carrara doesn't support the newer Genesis figures. I don't know about most of you, but I'm not made out of money and I can't afford to keep buying new generation characters every year anyway. cheeky  This way I'm not tempted to do so since I want most of my content to work in Carrara. Almost all of my work still uses the gen 4 characters, which still work just as well today as they did when they were released. I'm still very satisfied with the gen 4 content. And with a little bit of shader tweaking, you can make them look very nice in Carrara.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

In some ways, I actually consider it a benefit that Carrara doesn't support the newer Genesis figures. I don't know about most of you, but I'm not made out of money and I can't afford to keep buying new generation characters every year anyway. cheeky  This way I'm not tempted to do so since I want most of my content to work in Carrara. Almost all of my work still uses the gen 4 characters, which still work just as well today as they did when they were released. I'm still very satisfied with the gen 4 content. And with a little bit of shader tweaking, you can make them look very nice in Carrara.

I share your opinion.  Plus lots of new Gen4 and Poser content coming out ... at some sites.

• I share your opinion.  Plus lots of new Gen4 and Poser content coming out ... at some sites.

There's also the benefit that, at least on Daz's store, Gen4 content is often available at deeply discounted prices. You can save a lot of money by sticking with older content.

I share your opinion.  Plus lots of new Gen4 and Poser content coming out ... at some sites.

There's also the benefit that, at least on Daz's store, Gen4 content is often available at deeply discounted prices. You can save a lot of money by sticking with older content.

Agreed.  Although I have a LOT of the old stuff already ... most of it purchased at those deep discounts over the years.

• MerKhrysMerKhrys Posts: 89
    Stezza said:

seems Carrara users buy as much as DS users by the looks of this thread in the commons

I think Daz know that. I wonder if their reasonning could be "Carrara users already buy a lot. They would not buy that much more if it could work with G3 (natively, I mean) and G8, not enough to compensate the development costs." ?

I don't buy much. I think I would buy a good deal more, and not only G3 and G8 stuff, if I had some indication that Daz had plans to release a new version, if Carrara had a future (I don't like Studio. Never felt at ease with it).

Right now, I'm rather considering cancelling my P.C. membership. And I consider their attitude of never telling anything, officially I mean, a serious lack of respect to their customers.

my only worry of using V4 in scenes, is the "audience" tired of seeing V4.

no one could possibly be tired of seeing aiko 3?

instead of buying G3 or G8 stuff I bought a fly instead ..... and it works .... what a buzz devil laugh

Mistara said:

everything old can be new again smiley

Mistara said:

There are many ways to adapt V4:

Kapitan V4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 172K
    Steve K said:
    Mistara said:

There are many ways to adapt V4:

those corvas arm fixes do make her look healthier smiley

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited April 2018

I recently had a response from Daz concerning an open bug report on Carrara. It said "Carrara is not currently under active development, for any platform. Our current focus is DAZ Studio and the Genesis figure platform. Unfortunately, we have not had the resources for it. I apologize for the inconvenience." 

A list of outstanding bugs and feature requests will still be kept, but it looks like there is no imminent prospect of further development at this time. This confirms what I have thought for a long time. But Carrara will still be alive and thriving while there are such dedicated and clever people using it and developing third party plugins for it.

Post edited by PhilW on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

maybe it's time for a swan song

until 128 bit computers come out, carrara is still a good value.

wish they'd price grid more reasonable.  going over 20 cores is a real possibility these days.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Hey they are not developing Jag E type any more but so what, they still go, Carrara still goes good and gooder ;)

I have 92 pages - but I stopped buying from daz a few months ago for various reasons. I even dropped out of pc club - after having been in it for many years - it was just useless

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    Stezza said:

instead of buying G3 or G8 stuff I bought a fly instead ..... and it works .... what a buzz devil laugh

heh heh :)

head wax said:

Hey they are not developing Jag E type any more but so what, they still go, Carrara still goes good and gooder ;)

I have 92 pages - but I stopped buying from daz a few months ago for various reasons. I even dropped out of pc club - after having been in it for many years - it was just useless

What?!?!! No Jag E type development?  You need to warm people up for announcements like that, not just hit us cold.  wink

I'm at 62 pages, but only up a few in the last year or so.  Dropped the PC club years ago after many years in it.  I do have a similar membership ... elsewhere.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    Mistara said:

until 128 bit computers come out, carrara is still a good value.

64-bit computers can theoritically have up to 16 ExaBytes of ram. That's a billion times a current reasonable workstation (16 GB). So 128 bit computers won't be needed anytime soon.

Mistara said:

wish they'd price grid more reasonable.  going over 20 cores is a real possibility these days.

I agree.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited April 2018
    PhilW said:

I recently had a response from Daz concerning an open bug report on Carrara. It said "Carrara is not currently under active development, for any platform. Our current focus is DAZ Studio and the Genesis figure platform. Unfortunately, we have not had the resources for it. I apologize for the inconvenience." 

A list of outstanding bugs and feature requests will still be kept, but it looks like there is no imminent prospect of further development at this time. This confirms what I have thought for a long time. But Carrara will still be alive and thriving while there are such dedicated and clever people using it and developing third party plugins for it.

"Unfortunately, we have not had the resources for it". If those where the exact words, I sense some resignation in them, as if she/he, and others at Daz, had wanted to resume this development as much as we do.

But it indeed doesn't look like it will resume any time soon. And the more they wait, the more work there will be if by some miracle they reconsider ... and the more unlikely it becomes. It also depends on how much development they've made during the past 5 years.

Yes, all the people making plugins or maybe simply using Carrara keep it alive, but it looks more and more like some kind of life support.

I'm sorry. I can't say I'm surprised, but this confirmation makes me bitter.

Post edited by MerKhrys on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

The bit in quotes is exactly what they said. The second paragraph is just my musings on it.

PhilW said:

The bit in quotes is exactly what they said. The second paragraph is just my musings on it.

Thank you.