Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Baby Packy rocks! he's so adorable, I had to have him! and I normally loathe, big-eyed cute things.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Baby Packy rocks! he's so adorable, I had to have him! and I normally loathe, big-eyed cute things.

So who gets him, Owen or Boyd?  laugh

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited April 2018

Hmmm. Hmmmm.........

I think... Boyd likely had a lot of stuffed animals growing up even as a brain in a bot body... so i think Baby Packy is going to belong to Owen!

Boyd will win him for Owen at a carnival. Or maybe its a childhood toy... Of some sort.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159
    edited April 2018
    • Adaline
    • Amaya
    • Anain & Akasha - folder for Kande and Musoke for Genesis 3 and 8 Female
    • CB Thyme
    • Frankie
    • FW Art Brooke
    • FWSA Cai
    • FWSA Samira
    • FWSA Tala
    • GA Elish

G3F character number 8 on my list is FWSA Samira. She has Short Afro Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 and is wearing Go Go Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)

These renders were taking forever to do, so I stopped both of them early and they are grainy. I think it must have been the hair slowing them down, but I wanted to get on with some other Daz work.

1. Full figure

2. Head and shoulders

1 04 06 SAMIRA.jpg
    600 x 1200 - 567K
    18 04 06 SAMIRA portrait.jpg
    600 x 600 - 251K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited April 2018

Here's another one of FWSA ErynnCurly Top Hair,  and Cyber Siren Outfit.

Baby Packy Erynn 2.png
    636 x 871 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

@mollytabby  Samira looks good, very retro! 

edited April 2018

If you are interested in sea outfits, the Queen of the Deep Outfit can be used for Genesis 3 Females, doesn't have to be Creech, and look at this gallery render.   And this one.  

The male outfit (King) gallery render is here.  The products are linked from that page. Right now they are part of that scrolling banner deal (any new release gets them to 65% off. Can use PC+ items.) for the Deviney/Mattymanx/Sixis1 Media sale. May change in about 40 minutes when site turns over. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

@ Novica - Your baby packy render is adorable.  You should put it in the gallery!

@Mollytabby - the peplum dress' skirt looks really good/realistic

A cheap item today to trigger discounts is  https://www.daz3d.com/west-park-basement-iray-addon in case you're looking for one. 

edited April 2018

BTW for you golf fans- Masters.com has the streaming LIVE. (It's not on television) and if you have Roku or another similar device you can mirror and stream it to your television screen, thereby watching it live on tv!  (Missed the first day and was wondering why Golf Channel kept doing fillers and only snippets. Augusta doesn't allow live television, really stupid.)  First time I mirrored onto my tv, whatever is on my computer screen- so I came to this thread and it was SO cool seeing all our artwork on the tv. Ah, these small things in life! (The tv was 55" and that made it super neat.)

Have you folks ever tried seeing the art on your televisions?

Post edited by Novica on
  • cismiccismic Posts: 629
    edited April 2018

I liked the skin on https://www.daz3d.com/maria-for-victoria-8 I usuall do a first pass at a render. I need a longer render and to take some shine out of the hair. I had it on 100%. And, I think I need just a touch more light on the face. 

Nicely Done.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 622K
    Post edited by cismic on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    Novica said:

Have you folks ever tried seeing the art on your televisions?

Yes but not often. I haven't tried it but I wonder what a 360 render looks that way up close?

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    Novica said:

Space merchant  FWSA Erynn HD For Victoria 8 and LF Erynn Lingerie  wanted to surprise her boss for his birthday, but what do you get a man who has everything? Answer: Something you want for yourself, because you know he isn't going to keep it.  Baby Packy was a perfect gift! 

Also used: Curly Top Hair For Genesis 3 and 8  and Cyber Siren Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)   If you want great floors, don't forget the Ceramics for Iray shaders.

Edit: Here's a closeup of Erynn.  (Opens a new window.) 

That's adorable!

Trish

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I started a thread in the commons about the crashing issue if anyone else wants to pop in that's having issues.  The more infor the better I think.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549

Sorry to be about two weeks late to the party here, regarding horse textures.

@illysArt, sorry about your woes on the IDG horse textures. If you just got it recently when you first posted your issues, you are well within the 30 day return window. No hard feelings. Thanks @barbult, @agent unawares and @IceDragonArt for stepping in with answers. Just for the record, I'm available via forum PM to answer questions if needed.

@MelanieL - good workaround to put the (hand painted by me) bump map in instead.

I have no clue why we didn't just do that in the first place. I think the glossy looked different in some lighting, but as your render shows, that won't really be noticable. I think it also had something to do with the fact that textures for the different breeds were only in the starter and pro bundles, and not available as a seperate texture packs, and the base horse only had 3 colors, so it would have been of limited use.

Anyway sorry for the divergence, back to you @Novica.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    edited April 2018

Has anyone purchased and rendered the Greek Island https://www.daz3d.com/greek-island-overlook or Mykonos? https://www.daz3d.com/mykonos

I don't really need either set but they are so beautiful I'd actually like to jump into the computer and vist there LOL. I think I buy most sets because I want to go or live there rather than render it ...  But at 55% off, I'm on the fence because I know they will be less at some point in the future.

I feel like the prices are going up, so even Daz O's that are 68% off in cart, seem too high and I wish the $10 deal was for more than horror characters... (I pretty much have everything else!)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Has anyone purchased and rendered the Greek Island https://www.daz3d.com/greek-island-overlook or Mykonos? https://www.daz3d.com/mykonos

I don't really need either set but they are so beautiful I'd actually like to jump into the computer and vist there LOL. I think I buy most sets because I want to go or live there rather than render it ...  But at 55% off, I'm on the fence because I know they will be less at some point in the future.

I feel like the prices are going up, so even Daz O's that are 68% off in cart, seem too high and I wish the $10 deal was for more than horror characters... (I pretty much have everything else!)

That's how I feel about so many things in this sale, new and back catalog. It may be only 4+ months away, but the PA Festival will be here before you know it, and Daz only knows what kinds of big incentives there will be on back catalogs for the back to back sales from September through the end of the year.

@destinysgarden   Welcome to take over anytime! Thanks for popping in. Those folks you mentioned had it covered, love the help the others members give each other. Hope you're having a lovely MM this year. 

@wonderland   Loading up Mykonos for you now. Don't have the other one.

edited April 2018

Okay, first thing, it loads the entire set. Over in Scene, it has several groups, the cameras are one, Room furniture is another with the books, carpet, chair, cushion, lamp, mirror, plant 2. So it's nice, each prop is selectable. The Bed group EACH CUSHION IS SELECTABLE, so is the headboard, sheet, and mosquito net. 

So you get the idea. Groupings are of each individual item, lots of props. Terrace Furniture has each cushion, seat, sunshade, and vase.  The house has the roof, back wall, and pool water.

Do note- the back wall is a cutout, not the entire wall. And the house and walls are one group, you can not remove the walls unless you create your own material zones (which by the way, would be easy because they're square.)  (Yes, I did check in the Surface pane too.)  But it is puzzling why everything is meticulous with being it's own entity and you don't get a choice of taking out the walls. All walls of the house are one thing, except for that small section of the back wall (think of a huge pass-through window like you used to have in homes, from the kitchen to the dining room.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2018
    • Adaline
    • Amaya
    • Anain & Akasha - folder for Kande and Musoke for Genesis 3 and 8 Female
    • CB Thyme
    • Frankie
    • FW Art Brooke
    • FWSA Cai
    • FWSA Samira
    • FWSA Taia
    • GA Elish

This is FWSA Taia, and not Tala as previously listed - I need to get my glasses checked, lol. She is paired with Lisse Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)

The dress is from the Eygptian Outfit for Genesis 3 Females. I'm on a mission to see if it is possible to look at the flexibility of some of my outfits. This is the manual dress from that set, retextured with DG Iray Fabrics of Asia Shaders. I think it makes a useful evening dress in this configuration. 

1. Full figure

2. Head and shoulders

SaveSave

18 04 07 Taia full figure.jpg
    400 x 800 - 289K
    18 04 07 Taia portrait.jpg
    600 x 600 - 262K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on

Tala is very pretty and I love that pattern! Very elegant.

She is a lovely model, Novica. I love the ability to change clothing textures and patterns. I do buy the add on textures for outfits when they are on offer, but I don't always have the budget. I'm now picking up shaders as they come up in sales. One of the tasks on my 'to do' list is to do your Geormetry Tool Tutorial. 

@Mollytabby, that dress sure is pretty! Really nice portrait too. Great work. You say you are somewhat of a Daz Studio beginner, but your renders sure don't look like it. I'm guessing you either have an art or photography background, or you are a really quick learner. Keep them coming.

Novica said:

@destinysgarden   Welcome to take over anytime! Thanks for popping in. Those folks you mentioned had it covered, love the help the others members give each other. Hope you're having a lovely MM this year. 

Cheers! The group here really is super helpful.

I don't really know how MM is going this year. I have not bought much myself, and I keep forgetting to look at the sales report. My plate is crammed full at the moment. I will say I'm texturing some super cool stuff for two different PAs, and those that like basic and interchangeable items, perfect for kitbashing, will be happy. Neither one is submitted yet, so don't look for them "soon." I'll give the group a small teaser - there is denim involved, and that is all I'm gonna say.

I hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend. Back to work for me.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited April 2018

I have the Greek Island Overlook - it's really nice, renders quickly even on my ancient desktop, good/interesting camera angles nearly everywhere. Here's an image where I combined it with a tree from elsewhere.

And yeah, I want to step into the screen for a holiday as well...

20180202_aegean dreams - small.png
    1000 x 562 - 907K
    Post edited by Nath on

@DestinysGarden, thank you! I'm getting quite a collection of your shaders. smiley

You are very perceptive, I did train as a designer - decades ago and in Product Design, not the beautiful fashion or graphic design areas (which I also would have loved). I haven't done it professionally for many, many, years. I had to teach myself 2D computer aided design then to do tech drawing, so learning Daz is a similar process for me. Dertimination and just a bit of luck when something goes right, lol. 

@DestinysGarden, thank you! I'm getting quite a collection of your shaders. smiley

You are very perceptive, I did train as a designer - decades ago and in Product Design, not the beautiful fashion or graphic design areas (which I also would have loved). I haven't done it professionally for many, many, years. I had to teach myself 2D computer aided design then to do tech drawing, so learning Daz is a similar process for me. Dertimination and just a bit of luck when something goes right, lol. 

Well, thanks so much. I just wrote down a list of 11 more themes to do shaders for. I need to get on that, lol.

Perceptive? I don't know. When you see someone in the new users forum or contests and they say, "I'm new to 3D rendering. Here is my picture" 9 times out of 10 if the lighting is spectacular, they are/were photographers, and if they have a flair for color and composition like you do, they typically have training or experience in traditional 2D art. One time out a hundred, they will just now discovered they are good at art. Your pic of the little toon kids on bicycles tipped me off that you have made art in the past. I'm so glad you found us and Daz Studio.

cismic said:

I liked the skin on https://www.daz3d.com/maria-for-victoria-8 I usuall do a first pass at a render. I need a longer render and to take some shine out of the hair. I had it on 100%. And, I think I need just a touch more light on the face. 

@cismic  I like the approach and the rim lighting. Agreed though, can't really see the face much. But then again, the forums are notorious for darkening renders.

edited April 2018

Okay, in my never-ending quest to get you to spend money (pokes back @ladair  ) take a peek at Grace (Gen3/Gen8F)   and these gallery entries.  Gallery 1   Gallery 2 and omgosh love this one. 

Yeah, I bought her. Will render for you sometime tomorrow, unless I can set it up and get it going now. Trying to get on a good sleep schedule and it's going on 1:30 am. But we'll see. I bought several characters today (Saturday)  I got Grace, Vivienne, Maggy, Nyao but apparently the head percentage is wrong (read on another thread.) 

EDIT  Oh goodness, you'll LOVE the options with Grace. There's even a one eye green, one eye blue for the iris colors. Several of the iris colors are mixed so you get more than one color (the same for both eyes) which really looks good in all kinds of lighting. And there's a light and a dark brow option. Lots of options!   TEN JUST FOR EYELASHES! 

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.