Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

What is this?  Did I somehow miss this release?  I have zero recollection of this bundle being released.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Do you remember us talking about her looking like an older character, or a character with character? And don't feel bad, Sakura or whatever her name didn't make an impression on me. I have the figure but not the bundle.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    Novica said:

Someone posted it was snowing where they are. It's 77 degrees here and climbing. Ugh, and the humidity kicked in. Yesterday was in the 70's but it was very pleasant, low humidity. Glad I worked out in the garage then! 

We got snow last night. Much melted overnight but this morning about half the ground was bright green and the other half white. Spring is certainly slow in coming this year, usually by now we've had a couple of warm weeks.

edited April 2018
    Novica said:

Do you remember us talking about her looking like an older character, or a character with character? And don't feel bad, Sakura or whatever her name didn't make an impression on me. I have the figure but not the bundle.

Nope lol. Not that I need any more but I just don't even remember.  Sheesh! 

Snowed her last night too.  A couple of inches.  Its mostly melted now.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Well Grimwood went onto the wishlist.  Thanks for showing it.  Next sale, it's mine!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    Novica said:

She came out on February 13th - I think (from your Art Studio thread) that was when you got a new laptop and were probably busy with that!

MelanieL said:
    Novica said:

She came out on February 13th - I think (from your Art Studio thread) that was when you got a new laptop and were probably busy with that!

That would be just about right I believe.  I was probably also freaking out about how much it cost lol.  I am still not quite done loading and redoing my categories.  Wanted to re organize so I've been loading slowly, I wanted to do an entire revamp of my category structure.

And Grimwood went on my wishlist as well.  I couldn't get it to go down $9.95, but I don't have Ollie pro either.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    MelanieL said:
    Novica said:

That would be just about right I believe.  I was probably also freaking out about how much it cost lol.  I am still not quite done loading and redoing my categories.  Wanted to re organize so I've been loading slowly, I wanted to do an entire revamp of my category structure.

My hard drive (where all my content lives) is almost out of space. I'm planning to put in a bigger one and can't decide whether to just move non-CG content over or to take the opportunity to completely reinstall on the new drive. It's quite a daunting prospect, but might give me the chance to do more categorising as I go - currently I have a mishmash or piecemeal categories and a whole bunch of (uncategorised) freebie content libraries where I really can't remember what I installed and where! I probably have duplicates in there and I certainly have a lot of older freeebie stuff I acquired up to eight years ago and used while it was all I had but haven't touched in years.

Is Grimwood supposed to be on sale right now? It seems to be full price for me.Or was the $9.95 yesterday?

edited April 2018

Okay, done with the camera presets. Go back to this post for Grimwood Manor. BTW, the bloom (glow) for the lights, etc is all done for you. I didn't do a thing, just load, select a camera, and boom. That sky is AWESOME, so realistic!  And yes, there is a lake/whatever back there.

Post edited by Novica on

All this was this weekend, that is coming up and including Grimwood Manor.  I do have Ollie Pro Bundle, and had more than one qualifying item in the cart so things were at the minimum 55% off. I think I kept my shopping cart windows open (I do that so I can recall what I did, without having to look at emails.)  I'll do a copy/paste in the next post.

edited April 2018

So these were from my wishlist or recent releases that at 60% or more off, was a good deal. (I personally think 50% is generous, but I get that if you do it for a hobby and have a ton of stuff, it may not entice you to take the leap.)  If you have the Tiny House, be sure you wishlist the props! I almost didn't see these, and I have the house. I'll showcase them soon, they can be used for other scenes for entertainment. Edit- cool! When you copy/paste your cart in a post, the links are clickable. (the images AND the link.) So click to enlarge if you want to see them.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2018

Oh wow. For fun, I am using that dramatic sky with Fairy Haven. It reminds me of when thunderstorms are rolling in here in the South, the skies are black but the sun is out, which makes the sky even more ominous.  I simply right clicked and chose Merge Scene and it kept the background. It's rendering now.

Edit: Renders fast. 80% at 21 minutes, for those of you with slower computers, Fairy Haven is good! 

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited April 2018

When I looked at Fairy Haven, it's basic shape instantly reminded me of this cottage I created in 2004 using Shape Magic 2. Doors and windows and how the roof is positioned are different of course.

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited April 2018

@rgcincy   How adorable!

I started renders then had to leave. I didn't want to post earlier, because I honestly didn't want to depress everyone- but this afternoon a barn worker (Jenna) and I spent half an hour with a horse (30 years old) that had colic and I couldn't hear any sounds at all in her stomach. The vet had already been out and the horse was in the stall, laying down, resting. Jenna and I spent 25 minutes massaging her sides and tummy.

Shiney would lay flat on one side, but then raise up so we were able to get to both sides. Shiney kept her head up while we were loving on her.  It was so sweet, she shut her eyes with her head raised up and her front legs tucked under her, and we could tell she was enjoying the stroking. We made sure her last afternoon was full of wonderful massaging and cooing voices talking to her. When I left this afternoon Jenna was using Stetson's lavendar wipes (which is soothing and also for flies) on Shiney's face and ears so there would be zero pests. Shiney was enjoying it as much as possible, with her eyes closed.

Shiney died this evening, had to be put to sleep.

The barn owner called me, crying, so that's where I've been. We were in her personal barn at her house, just talking, and feeding her horses. I had my own barn in the 80's, and it's so different when you interact with these magnificent animals daily, they are children. So it's a lot tougher on the barn owner than me,  the burial is tomorrow so I don't know how much I'll be online, I will be out at the stables some of the day as it will be hard for the barn owner tomorrow.

I will post Fairy Haven for you shortly, it rendered while I was gone and I did a couple when I came back. I used the lighting from Grimwood. The last one I changed the background but kept the lighting. Fairy Haven is dedicated to Shiney, who tonight is no longer in pain and who is probably romping at Rainbow Bridge with Nova, saying "Hey, I was with your human today. She's pretty cool!"  and Nova probably said, "I know."    smiley

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2018

For Shiney. 

Click, click again. These are dark here.

Read the Read Me to see what is included, it's very impressive.

Fairy Haven.png
    1000 x 1300 - 3M
    Fairy Haven2.png
    1000 x 1300 - 3M
    Fairy Haven3.png
    999 x 1007 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2018

I'm sorry to hear about Shiney. Even when they've lived a good long life, it is really hard to lose our animals friends, especially those with as much intelligence as a horse. I'm sure she knew it was her time, and I'll bet she appreciated spending those last hours with you and your friend.

Hugs and more hugs. Feel free to pass some of those on to the barn owner.

The renders are great. I know what I'll be picking up when the last catchup rolls around. (Assuming we get one at the end of this "extended" week.).

Post edited by L'Adair on

@ladair  Thanks, I'll relay it to her. 

edited April 2018

Pizzeria Algihieri

For the first render:
    51% at 11 minutes, for an 800px render, so that's very decent. 
    87% at 24 minutes
    98% at 33 minutes

There is a daytime and nighttime render option, I lightened the night one because the forums are showing up darker (and it's not my monitor, or it would be the same when viewed in the graphics program. Calibration is fine.)  Note the detail on the menu, which is lit and on the back wall in the first render.

Original price $27.95, got it at 63% off so it was $10.49  (I do own the Ollie Pro Bundle, which is a 10% discount.) 

Pizzeria Algihieri.png
    794 x 900 - 1M
    Pizzeria Algihieri2.png
    794 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

Ah, okay. Justus just popped up as the bonus item, it wasn't there recently. Justus for Darius 8   

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2018
    Novica said:

Ah, okay. Justus just popped up as the bonus item, it wasn't there recently. Justus for Darius 8   

Oh, nice! And from Raziel/Silver. I expect we won't see any issues with Justus.

As for that menu, either the vendor is nostalgic for the good ol' days, or I want to live where he does! We bought a large pizza from Papa John's a week or so ago. It was $17.99. Actual sit-down pizzarias are higher still. And I swear a "large" pizza today is the same diameter as a medium used to be. On the bright side, we eat a lot less pizza at a time in our lives when that's a good thing! lol

Post edited by L'Adair on

If you like Pizza Hut, it's worth getting their emails because the deals can be awesome. They often offer really discounted side items, or even free desserts (which those cookies are HUGE.)  Every week there's 2-3 offers and they overlap, so you can choose which one you want. I love the screen that you leave open, and it literally tells you:

Order Received.......Order Being Made......Order on the way     and you literally see it change as your order is worked on. Neat! 

• sueyasueya Posts: 825

A portrait of Aldo. I like his detailed skin and the variety of moustache options. It is good to have an older male character.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Novica, I'm so sorry to hear about Shiney. I'm sure in those last hours, you and your friend gave her so much peace and comfort. 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Very sorry to hear of Shiny's passing. I grew up with horses and it was always horrible to lose one, even though it only happened a few times. Heartbreaking... and why my mom gave us kids the book All Horses go to Heaven. Because they do.

edited April 2018

Novica, those building renders are stunning. Were they done in iray? I don't see any mention of iray on the Fairy Haven  promo page and this would make me pass it by because I don't have a clue how to do 3Delight. I have Grimwood Manor wishlisted, but it looks like I should add Fairy Haven to the list too.

This is my next render from my ten GF3 characters list.

• Adaline
    • Amaya
    • Anain & Akasha - folder for Kande and Musoke for Genesis 3 and 8 Female
    • CB Thyme
    • Frankie
    • FW Art Brooke
    • FWSA Cai
    • FWSA Samira
    • FWSA Tala
    • GA Elish

Frankie is a Fred Winkler Art figure and I've used UH2: Ultimate Color on her Kameron Hair for Genesis 3 males. This probably isn't a very good represenation of the hair, because I'm still learning how to use UH2 hair, and in the promos the hair looks a lot smoother. But I wanted to make her platignum blonde because she has a lovely early 60's film start look about her.  She is wearing Urban Survivors for Genesis 3 Males and Females

For posing, I used the new Z Hot Wheels Props and Poses for Genesis 3 and 8 female but the outfit comes with flat trainers rather than the heeled boots worn in the pose promotion. So I picked a pose where the feet are hidden and made some adjustments to the hands.

1. Full figure

2. Head and shoulders

I love the way Frankie has rendered and I'm going to do a little postwork on these images to see what I can get.

SaveSave

18 04 01 FRANKIE FULL LENGTH SHOT.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 416K
    18 04 03 Frankie 2 portrait mollytabby.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

Thought I might need some cow herd images so made up a billboard as a filler. There are three in this image.

Settling the Herd

2018-04-03 10:45:39.406 Total Rendering Time: 8 minutes 26.33 seconds

Click on image for full size.

That's amazing @Fishtales!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

@Mollytabby

Thank you.

Fairy Haven is definitely for Iray.  His stuff is always really really well done, I own most of it. He redid his massive world set for Iray awhilie back and I use the pieces and parts a LOT as well as using them for full renders (different skies, grounds etc)

I'm so sorry about Shiney but so glad she wasn't alone.  I absolutely believe that our animals will meet us again when its our time to go. 

This discussion has been closed.