The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

I quickly ate some pizza and bread sticks. Now I have to go to work. I got some ice cream but no time to eat now. I have to wait until I get home from work.

Complaint Wawa's special on smoothies is over, so the smoothie prices there went back up. Did not get one as I got a Godiva smoothie yesterday.

need to put away left over pizza and then take medicine then go to work.
    First I need a drink of siera mist as some mangers do not like it when I get a drink when I arrive though I have a good excuse. I have no air conditoning in car so I get thirsty when i get there.

it's a shame the crap attitude they throw at you at wendy's.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Welp, I decided to take the advantage of the reboot, and pried off the side of my computer's chassis 'cuz the poor thing has been overheating recently. Much better.

That's the spirit. One of my machines has been making a ten second cloud sim since last Tuesday. It has 8 fans I think, really noisy compared to the Macs. Hmmm, seems halfway through right now

ThickGreyClouds0127.jpg
    800 x 335 - 12K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Oh dear. That's slow indeed.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Must be over :)

The sale? No it's still running and will be until some sports event is over. Actually the price will go back to 10% off if their country loses a game in the event, and with each game they win the discount goes up by 10% to a max of 50%. Interesting sale huh?
    Also complaint: I was allowed to post a response to the thread, and three seconds later I hit EDIT and it tells me to log in >_>

All I see are the regular pages, must be a region specific thing :(

http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/maxwell_render_suite/promo
    ...actually the perpetual licence (at 195USD) for the Learning Edition looks like a pretty nice deal. It gives you all the features of the full Maxwell suite (including technical support) save for the five free render nodes. As I don;t foresee having have a render farm up and running any time soon, not a major issue.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

I quickly ate some pizza and bread sticks. Now I have to go to work. I got some ice cream but no time to eat now. I have to wait until I get home from work.

Complaint Wawa's special on smoothies is over, so the smoothie prices there went back up. Did not get one as I got a Godiva smoothie yesterday.

need to put away left over pizza and then take medicine then go to work.
    First I need a drink of siera mist as some mangers do not like it when I get a drink when I arrive though I have a good excuse. I have no air conditoning in car so I get thirsty when i get there.

it's a shame the crap attitude they throw at you at wendy's.

I did get a ten cent raise though. Sometimes the attitude does stink there.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

eyelids so heavy. sleepy. big poser day tomorrow. BB is giving me help with funhouse mirrors effects.

oh, got email blacksmith3d suite on 50 percents sale til next week.

nighty-nite and pleasant dreams - what dreams may come.

i don't want to dream about Will Shatner, i was imagining what it would sound like if he did the Hamlet speech- to Be {pause}{pause}{pause} or not {pause}{pause} to {pause} be {slur together} THAT is the question {pause}{pause}{pause}{pause}{pause}{pause}

edited December 1969

I got some ice cream on my wacom tablet. need to find something to wipe it up with.

Found some birthday cake ice cream which is yummy.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Oh dear. That's slow indeed.

Antique 32 bit software only uses one processor at a time, so am eExercising the virtue of patience 'cos the results are (mostly) good. Meanwhile the tunnels I've been making are becoming more and more abstract *tries to grip reality, epic fail* :)

Pipes2_07_017.jpg
    800 x 335 - 19K
    edited December 1969

I need to get to sleep after I wipe the ice cream from the wacom tablet. That was good ice cream. I just finished the pint.

When I went to Bruster's I asked for a pint and I must have said it wrong because the cashier was confused. I did somehow get the size I want.

Oh Melody says Meow.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Must be over :)

The sale? No it's still running and will be until some sports event is over. Actually the price will go back to 10% off if their country loses a game in the event, and with each game they win the discount goes up by 10% to a max of 50%. Interesting sale huh?
    Also complaint: I was allowed to post a response to the thread, and three seconds later I hit EDIT and it tells me to log in >_>

All I see are the regular pages, must be a region specific thing :(

http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/maxwell_render_suite/promo
    ...actually the perpetual licence (at 195USD) for the Learning Edition looks like a pretty nice deal. It gives you all the features of the full Maxwell suite (including technical support) save for the five free render nodes. As I don;t foresee having have a render farm up and running any time soon, not a major issue.

Could spend a great deal of time just tinkering with any one of the unbiased renderers., esp now photon mapping has got faster and CUDA has matured. But my first love is always shadows, I'm biased ;)

edited December 1969

I need to get to sleep after I wipe the ice cream from the wacom tablet. That was good ice cream. I just finished the pint.

When I went to Bruster's I asked for a pint and I must have said it wrong because the cashier was confused. I did somehow get the size I want.

Oh Melody says Meow.

Sticky Wacom tablets are an ugly business, my hand sticks to mine sometimes when it is really hot, eeeeow. Tell Melody meow back :)

edited December 1969

Complaint: I have caught the flu my SO has been having this week. Brain is dead.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Oh Melody says Meow.

Sticky Wacom tablets are an ugly business, my hand sticks to mine sometimes when it is really hot, eeeeow. Tell Melody meow back :)

told her that you said meow. The kittens got moved to the corner that is next to the kitchen.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint: I have caught the flu my SO has been having this week. Brain is dead.

Know that feeling, like you need a couple of those Frankenstien electrode thingy's to jolt it back to life ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Oh Melody says Meow.

told her that you said meow. The kittens got moved to the corner that is next to the kitchen.

Your house is full of life, sounds wonderful and heartwarming :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Know that feeling, like you need a couple of those Frankenstien electrode thingy's to jolt it back to life ;)

Yeah, or roleplaying a zombie. Brains... brains...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

What time is it for you?

edited December 1969

Now you mention it I am a little...hungry.... :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

What time is it for you?

1430 Saturday June 23

edited December 1969

What time is it for you?

7:40 am, Saturday's side. I grabbed a four hour nap last evening, so I'm at least semi-operational right now.

edited December 1969

Love this pic of the Freedom Tunnel in New York, is hard to imagine so many people living there for so long -

freedomTunnel.jpg
    636 x 440 - 63K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I feel like playing Civilization IV again. :3

...dinnae do it lad! Once ye've gone doon that slippery path, e'res no turin' back. The days, the nights, the weeks, the months, they will all blur into one other 'til time itself ceases to 'ave any meanin'. ;)
    edited December 1969

Thursday, Payday, that's a non-complaint. BUT... you know it... COMPLAINTS!!!

- I have to grocery shop on the way home AND cough up for a new 30-day bus pass

...at least yours is only 30$ if you just ride the bus.

Mine is 90$ going up to 100$ this September. I think that Capitol Metro has the right idea with the Local and Regional passes. I wish we had a similar structure here, as for the most part, I don't bother with our light rail since it doesn't go by where I live or work. Express buses pretty much don't exist here (save for a couple of routes and some limited stop service during the AM/PM commute times) because of the transit commission's emphasis on light rail expansion.

Portland is the smallest metro market in the nation to have such an extensive rail network. Unfortunately, it doesn't serve the most densely populated area of the city (which is where I live). For my daily commute, local bus lines actually offer more direct service with fewer transfers and no "out of the way" travel. However it seems that they keep cutting bus service and frequency system wide shortly after each new light rail or streetcar line goes into service.

edited June 2012

Ooooh, the KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD Festival is this Saturday!!!! :coolcheese::bug:

I'll have to grab my field recorder and head down to get crowd ambiance and general festival noises. There's going to be bands, food, local artists, and a 5K race (which I'm not going to be involved in, lol)! It's going to be HOT but if I just stay an hour, I should be OK.

I'm tempted to sneak out of work early and go have some chicken wings and beer! :coolsmile:

...that reminds me, only a month to go before the "KEEP PORTLAND BEERED" festival at the waterfront. Four days of HOP-ping good fun featuring craft brews from all around the country.

...urp!

smiley-eatdrink004.gif
    60 x 40 - 2K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

It's Friday, which is impossible to complain about, and I have fun money, which is also impossible to complain about! :coolsmile:

BUT - I do have complaints!

- It's going to hit 99f today
    - It's going to hit 101f tomorrow
    - By Monday they predict it'll hit 106f
    - I want to go to the "Keep Austin Weird" Festival but if it's going to be 101f I will probably stay home
    - I can't get "Ring of Fire" out of my mind
    - Sore butt :red:
    - A lot of my wishlist at Rendo went on sale but I already spent my content money
    - I didn't sleep well last night

I think that covers it all. DANG IT'S HOTTTTT!!! :gulp:

*edit* Well, I fell for the sale thing and spent some of my fun money on stuff for M4 and K4. It's hard to find good clothes and characters for K4 so when I can, I grab 'em. Most of my Webcomic ideas will require some kids at one point or another, argh!

...wish you could pack up some of the heat and sunshine up and send it our way. For the next several days it's going to be about eight to ten degrees below normal (just like last year) and rainy for the weekend.

...bugger, it was warmer in Fairbanks Alaska and Vladivostok Russia than it was here today.

(guess that qualifies as a complaint)

edited June 2012

...whew! Took most of the evening but finally caught up.

Miss Bad Wolf sad to hear about the kitten. A sincere Meow back to Melody

End of Week Complaints:

-Ache all over due to the sudden weather change. Yesterday it was 81, today we barely broke 60 and it was damp & drizzly all day.
    -Ran out of Advil and no place near by to get any (not going to pay three times as much for it at the natural food store down the street).
    -Summer looks as if it may be over before it had a chance to begin.
    -Too tired and achy to cook.

Non Complaints

-Was able to get out a bit early tonight (always nice on a Friday) and actually had a decent commute home.
    -Went down the corner pizza joint and got couple of their wonderful fennel sausage & cheese slices.
    -Picked up a bottle of Black Boss Porter (from Poland - 9.4%!) on the way home .
    -Considering getting the Learning Edition of Maxwell Render Suite for the new machine.
    -Thinking of seeing Brave tomorrow (rainy day, good for going to the Cinema). Something about a feisty red hared blue eyed heroine that...

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    It's Friday, which is impossible to complain about, and I have fun money, which is also impossible to complain about! :coolsmile:

BUT - I do have complaints!

- It's going to hit 99f today
    - It's going to hit 101f tomorrow
    - By Monday they predict it'll hit 106f
    - I want to go to the "Keep Austin Weird" Festival but if it's going to be 101f I will probably stay home
    - I can't get "Ring of Fire" out of my mind
    - Sore butt :red:
    - A lot of my wishlist at Rendo went on sale but I already spent my content money
    - I didn't sleep well last night

I think that covers it all. DANG IT'S HOTTTTT!!! :gulp:

*edit* Well, I fell for the sale thing and spent some of my fun money on stuff for M4 and K4. It's hard to find good clothes and characters for K4 so when I can, I grab 'em. Most of my Webcomic ideas will require some kids at one point or another, argh!

...wish you could pack up some of the heat and sunshine up and send it our way. For the next several days it's going to be about eight to ten degrees below normal (just like last year) and rainy for the weekend.

...bugger, it was warmer in Fairbanks Alaska and Vladivostok Russia than it was here today.

(guess that qualifies as a complaint)

Sure is a complaint! Haz been colder than an investment banker's heart here the past week, everyone is complaining :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Rezca said:
    I feel like playing Civilization IV again. :3

...dinnae do it lad! Once ye've gone doon that slippery path, e'res no turin' back. The days, the nights, the weeks, the months, they will all blur into one other 'til time itself ceases to 'ave any meanin'. ;)
    Heheh already started playing, and finished one game already (Time Victory.).

Started on a continent with four others (Egyptians, French, Persians, and Carthaginian) and quickly wiped out Napolean who was on the opposite side, early on founded Taoism and within a century had every other civ on that continent converted to it. Cyrus was the next to go, and I had the Egypt guy as a Vassal for a short while until he renounced it (Sometimes I have to laugh at the quips they make on the diplomacy screen. In this case he said "Yeah, you're too weak to protect us anymore so I'm blahblahblah. What are you gonna do about it?"
    Well what I did was hit the DECLARE WAR button and proceeded to wipe him out. Then it was just me and that one other guy whose name I forgot.

Ghandi, who was on the other continent with Isabella, somehow managed to find a square inch of unoccipied land on our continent and started a town there but it quickly revolted and joined my nation leaving a single warrior trapped between the two borders (He's still using those?) Ghandi spent most the game as a Vassal of Isabella in part due to me getting her to declare war on him early on when they both had about 50% of their continent either Spanish or Indian, and she took over two of his cities. They eventually made peace, but at the time it was her controlling most of their continent and me controlling most of mine so it was impossible for him to regain the land or population needed to renounce the Vassal thing.

Somewhere along the line, shortly before I got tanks and Marines, I declared war on the last civ on my continent. He had cavalry running around razing my stuff but that was quickly under control. By the end of the game he only had four or five cities left (Including the largest city in the world).

I'm part way into a second game right now, with Time Victory disabled. I also disabled the United Nations election victory thing. I've never once even gotten the UN wonder built, though.

edited December 1969

Civ sure is a phenomenon.

edited December 1969

I like the fast reply button, is cool and mobile friendly. Random: poserizing often feels like coming home, familiar and comfy ya know? ;)

Twos_04_01_04_019.jpg
    800 x 335 - 22K
This discussion has been closed.