The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ooooh, the KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD Festival is this Saturday!!!! :coolcheese::bug:

I'll have to grab my field recorder and head down to get crowd ambiance and general festival noises. There's going to be bands, food, local artists, and a 5K race (which I'm not going to be involved in, lol)! It's going to be HOT but if I just stay an hour, I should be OK.

I'm tempted to sneak out of work early and go have some chicken wings and beer! :coolsmile:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

The other three kittens were okay when I last checked.
    my iphone was acting up so I had an appointment at an apple store on the other side of town. I got my phone replaced with the sa
    e version. I am in that mall's food court because I felt that I went too long without eating. There are many of loud kids here.

I am using my mifi as the mall's wifi blocks dad site.

Why do kids have to be so loud? Or maybe it is just because there are lots here? Actually some are trying to see if they can be the loudest

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited June 2012

ice cream cone break :lol:

i've decided who to loosely base Samson's looks after, remember the guy in the Underworld movies? Kate liked him, me too.
    :)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I am home again. I wish I did not have to go out in the heat to go to the other side of town, but my warranty on my iPhone expires before it gets cool again. I got a Godiva shake and it was good. I also got some shower gel and a body mist at Bath and body works i think. The bath store found at malls.

I am so hot.

Gabriel is not with the other kittens. Melody is not with them either Not sure where he is but I will look for him once I cool down a little.

edited December 1969

i found Gabriel's dead body. What am I supposed to do with a dead kitten?

Lady Bacon will be renamed Lady Gabrielle. Now I have five cats, Melody, Micah, Doctor Creampuff, Miss Cupcake, and Lady Gabrielle.

I do not know if the kitten was still alive when I went on my errands or not, or if i could have saved him or not. What am I supposed to do with a dead kitten?

edited December 1969

Melody yawned showing her set of fangs. The three kittens do not have any fangs, but Melody does.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:
    Only 1530 and it is still as dark outside as it was this morning, perhaps I will need to upgrade with a retrofit of cats-eyes if it keeps being so dark ;)

Unwise, because you will lose some focus, because that reflected and refracted light makes things blurry. ;) What you need is sensory whiskers and eyebrows!

Haz smart sharpen filter algo for deblur, yesss :)

gaussian? :)

Mitchell sharp :)

edited December 1969

thanks Richard.

first, need a codename for sexi dude project. something biblical? :)

and parameters -

-i want my first human figure to be compatible with Poser 7.
    -ears- able to make ears invisible. ear bones or ear body handles?
    -absolutely no magnets
    -extremely flexible glutes
    -empty channels for character creators to inj morphs. :idea: i should make like reservation channels for the active creators, something like sav_o1, jep_01; stuff like that.
    -maybe , make inner mouth, teeth and eyeballs either smart props or conforming parts

i should just start with a modeling a face.

project codename: Samson

iirc, his super strength was in his long hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0m0a2hHnU&feature=player_embedded

edited December 1969

Hey ps1borg!

I am thirsty. Guess I will get a caffeine free soda.

edited December 1969

i don't understand what they mean by animated joint centers

That refers to Poser's version of rigging adapting to the shape of a figure, the way Genesis does. So if you broaden a figure's shoulders, say, you can move the pivot point of the shoulders out to match and link the values to the morph.

Conformers failing to match the moving joint centres seems a big compatibility issue for animating Genesis in Poser.

edited December 1969

At least I still have five cats. That is a good number.

edited December 1969

Thursday, Payday, that's a non-complaint. BUT... you know it... COMPLAINTS!!!

- I had to read 12 pages to get to the end
    - It's hot and humid outside
    - I have too much stuff in my Rendo wish loist
    - I'm gonna have to pay for a copy of Windows
    - I wish there were a Linux version of C4D
    - I have to grocery shop on the way home AND cough up for a new 30-day bus pass
    - Didn't sleep well last night for no known reason
    - Eyes are tired, nose itches, legs are sore
    - Going to bake going to/from the taco shack for lunch

Added non-complaint: lunch will be a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE AND JALAPENO PEPPERS!!! :snake:

Friday for me and home by 1130 am after a 3 am start this morning, OMG it was cold then but haz some brilliant sun outside my window right now and feeling like purring in the warm glow :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    /whew! DEAD FISH ON A PLATE for lunch! Then grabbed some beer, and home before the rain starts!

PPro is looking good again, I can't find another character that chokes it. Whew! Amazing how fast it renders even with SSS turned on.

...I was able to successfully render a scene in PP2010 using AO on my old 32 bit notebook. Total time something like fifteen minutes rendering in background mode.

Rendering with AO in Studio is a quick trip to a crash.

Next have to play with the Queue Manager.

I'm looking forward to pushing PPro once the new machine is done. With 4 cores and 16GB, it should perform nicely! I'll upgrade to PPro 2012 next month or in August.

You know you're spending too much time in Poserdom when you see a woman on the bus and think "I have that hair". :wow:

AO in Studio Still not under control for me either, just not clear about the workflow I think. Doh! :)

edited December 1969

I am home again. I wish I did not have to go out in the heat to go to the other side of town, but my warranty on my iPhone expires before it gets cool again. I got a Godiva shake and it was good. I also got some shower gel and a body mist at Bath and body works i think. The bath store found at malls.

I am so hot.

Gabriel is not with the other kittens. Melody is not with them either Not sure where he is but I will look for him once I cool down a little.

Aw. Life is cruel sometimes.

edited December 1969

Ooooh, the KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD Festival is this Saturday!!!! :coolcheese::bug:

I'll have to grab my field recorder and head down to get crowd ambiance and general festival noises. There's going to be bands, food, local artists, and a 5K race (which I'm not going to be involved in, lol)! It's going to be HOT but if I just stay an hour, I should be OK.

I'm tempted to sneak out of work early and go have some chicken wings and beer! :coolsmile:

Sounds real good :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I am so hot.

I lost one of the kittens. Now I have 3 kittens.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *cues up Johnny Cash and "Ring of Fire"*

*hums along, foot tapping*

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I am so hot.

I lost one of the kittens. Now I have 3 kittens.

*hugs* Sometimes the greatest gifts are also the most transient.

edited December 1969

I think five is a good number of cats to have. i have to get my w2 to this vet office to so I can get discount neutering and spaying for Melody, Doctor Creampuff, Miss Cupcake, and Lady Gabrielle. I do not want more kittens. at least now for a while.

edited December 1969

Five is literally an handful :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I guess. Time will tell.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I guess. Time will tell.

They need you. It is good to be needed :)

edited December 1969

I got another broken order. Don't have the heart to raise a support ticket, perhaps it will fix itself :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

I guess. Time will tell.

It is good to be needed. Also it is good that Melody is taking care of the kittens. She is not always with them but she keeps good care of them.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I got another broken order. Don't have the heart to raise a support ticket, perhaps it will fix itself :)

Right now I do not have any way to make an order online but maybe tomorrow i can try to do something.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

I guess. Time will tell.

It is good to be needed. Also it is good that Melody is taking care of the kittens. She is not always with them but she keeps good care of them.

And you take good care of Melody, you can hold your head high ;)

edited June 2012

i found Gabriel's dead body. What am I supposed to do with a dead kitten?

Lady Bacon will be renamed Lady Gabrielle. Now I have five cats, Melody, Micah, Doctor Creampuff, Miss Cupcake, and Lady Gabrielle.

I do not know if the kitten was still alive when I went on my errands or not, or if i could have saved him or not. What am I supposed to do with a dead kitten?

aww. well, the first few weeks are touchy. we used to bury small passed away pets by a tree in the far corner of the yard.

the kittens still need another 7 weeks with Mom before they are old enough for adoption.

keeping so many kittehs is stressful. when the male cats are old enough they will spray the walls to mark competing territory. it smells really bad.

petfood stores usually have a post-it board for pet adoption notices.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

did some experimenting with bump maps and the reflect node. :lol: fresnel on the curtains, which is reflected in the floor.

2nd one is the sample props from Ajax old poser5 procedural pack

aj-propsA.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    monstermirrorA.png
    800 x 800 - 767K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

ouch - booboos

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Home made chicken nuggets for dinner, Very Tasty, and just enough french fries to fill my Potato quota for the week. Also Very Tasty.

Where is the complaint? I wanted more french fries.

This discussion has been closed.