Worlds Edge's Trials And Errors

Comments

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

@icedragon I agree.  I've made some changes to his face that make him look a bit better.  There is still a weird dip between his cheeks/ears.  I couldn't get the eyes right before so, except for enlarging the pupils, I stopped working on them.  Here is where I've gotten, but now I will go back to working on the eyes.  I want them less wide (height wise) in addition to less slanted.  Wish me luck!

Manga boy attempt revised.jpg
    1206 x 896 - 372K

I improved him some, but I'm still not happy with it.  I'll start from scratch and try again some other time.

Manga boy w kirie cropped.jpg
    2153 x 2250 - 2M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Much better than he was anyway!

edited February 2018

I had fun playing with the James character made by @phoenix1966 at rendo.  He renders perfectly and is a fantabulous likeness of the character it is based on.  As per always, my render had a mistake - yeah the trigger finger wasn't actually on the trigger, lol.  So I'm posting the before and after post work.  There is a tint to the square bit that shows the before because I just pasted the before on top of the after, but i'd done some curves adjustments and such so the colors don't match the original anymore.  The fix involved moving some of the fingers slightly and drawing in a part of the gun.  Not perfect, but better.

The full render is in the gallery.

Say Goodbye before.jpg
    824 x 605 - 519K
    Say Goodbye after.jpg
    824 x 605 - 517K
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on
    edited February 2018

My prior attempt at creating a male manga character from scratch did not really come out well (see above).  Today I tried @giselle3000 is giving away as a preset.  I love her character.  I knew the presets would not get me all the way there because they require a lot of products that I don't have, but they got me 3/4 of the way there.  I like the version I was able to make, although unfortunately, I couldn't use the larger sakura eyes/brows with this G3M character.  So he looks rather wolfish/rakish and Sakura looks innocent -- not of the same world.  I'm still happy.

That is much better.  I really like the contrast of innocent and rakish and think that they go rather well with each other.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Well for what it is worth I think he looks great with her, the guys are supposed to have a bit of bad boy in them aren't they??

edited February 2018

Thanks icedragon and saphirewild.  I'm quite happy with him.  I may still try to fit the larger eyes on him as a learning process.  

Speaking of bad boys, check out Gareth @saphirewild  I was just testing the clothing and character, so ignore the background.  I used a groundshader and need to figure out if there is a way to scale a shader down.  Otherwise, he looks like he is stuck in a faraway land of Giants or something!

gareth test with lord of swords clothes and grass.png
    1300 x 1000 - 3M

If you go into surfaces and go all the way to the bottom there is a horizontal and vertical tiling bar so you can change it there.  I'm not at my pc at the moment but there are two for each,its the top one for each that changes it.

So that's what it's called!  I didn't even know what to look for, I was looking for something along the lines of "scaling" lol  Thanks @icedragonart!  I'll try it after work.

Edward (with a bit of spin dialing) hailing a cab.

edward hailing cab.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

"Whistles hard" Damn some kinda sexy he is!!! Drools and runs to get the mop and bucket to clean it up before World comes backdevil

edited February 2018

I have been looking for a good flowy poets shirt for male characters and haven't found any.  However, I saw one for G8F by Lully at Rendo and purchased it.  The out of the box version is attached (and not rendered fully as it was just a test) - it shows the midriff and doesn't work well for what I wanted.  However, after I added a belt, I think it looks pretty good.  It could be a bit less feminine but it will do.  Note, it works with dForce and might work even better with a simulation, I just haven't learned how to do that yet.  Character is Vincent.  Hair is Willis hair

I noticed I hadn't tightened the belt enough and so I fixed it in post work, and also added a high seas background - see gallery version.  Romance novel  vibes anyone?  

poet shirt test on male character.png
    1000 x 750 - 460K
    vincent poet shirt.png
    3000 x 2308 - 3M
    edited February 2018

And just for fun because I wanted to see what happens when you apply snapchat filters to a render!

just for fun 1.jpg
    960 x 512 - 193K
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited February 2018

And just for fun because I wanted to see what happens when you apply snapchat filters to a render!

Where are the emoticons with the laughing/crying face, when you need one? This is hysterical!!!

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
    edited February 2018

@stormlyght Yeah I can get very silly sometimes, lol.  I tried a lot of filters and was laughing.

Here is Sasuke out of the box on our right and modified-Sasuke on the left.  This is a draft.  I'm working on getting the two versions of Sasuke into an image with Sakura as well.  I'm trying to figure out  what I did to make the modified one's right eye smaller than his left - I'd like to undo that, but no luck so far.

Sasuke two versions compare.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M

Try going into parameters with his head selected and click on the currently used.  That should bring up a list of the morphs that you used to modify him and may help you narrow it down a bit quicker.

edited March 2018

I was trying to figure out how to find such a list.  I hadn't noticed "currently used" - I'll look for it when my current render is done.  Thank you @icedragonart, much appreciated!

Welcome!  I had issues finding a morph gone wrong at some point and had to ask in the forums so I am happy to pass it along lol.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

it looks like your getting it figured out, but if you need more options I think skin builder 3 has a toon eye option....  

I think this is my best render to date.  I used Bradbury Suspended Rail System.  That's Giuseppe being an action man.  I can't remember what DS background I used.  I've also posted a gallery version with a background from pixabay.  I couldn't decide which one came out better but that one has some better colors going for it, I think.

Gallery version is here.

Bradbury - Action Man - with ds background.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M

it looks like your getting it figured out, but if you need more options I think skin builder 3 has a toon eye option....  

I didn't know that.  I wonder if anyone has posted any renders using that function.  I'll look into it more when the gen 8 version comes out as I don't have the gen 3.  Thanks.

I was unable to equalize the eyes, and i looked at every morph and found no difference between the eyes, so I guess I will live with it for now, lol

Finished my image of Sakura and the Sasukes.

Manga Friends small version.jpg
    2208 x 2190 - 3M
    edited April 2018

Toruun and Vanity in gothic bedroom.  I added no lights to the scene and love the lighting out of the box.  Very minor post work to fix a poke through, the whites of his eyes, and to add a gem to his necklace.  I plan to do further postwork.  I used render throttle so I didn't have to play with render settings at all.

Final Version In Gallery

Torun Vanity dance.jpg
    3000 x 2400 - 5M

Here are my pre and post worked scenes using phoenix1966's newest character, Jesse.  

Gallery

Jesse at wreck site scene - orig.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 3M
    Jesse at wreck site draft jpg.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 3M
    edited April 2018

I tried Exquisite Ornaments on a male character (Gareth @ rendo) and I think it came out pretty good.  I couldn't find a good kilt/loin cloth in my runtime, though I'm pretty sure there must be something there.  I didn't search long and hard, and instead used Baundeau Outfit''s skirt.  Links are in the post worked version in my gallery.

Link to postworked version in my gallery.

Elf prince - pre post work.jpg
    1125 x 1854 - 497K
    edited April 2018

I've been playing around with post work geared to turning a render into a toon/graphic image.  These came out pretty good, but I can't decied which version I like better.  Original render of Ella followed by the postworked versions.

Link to gallery

elle original non toon.jpg
    2336 x 1854 - 463K
    elle toon version 1.jpg
    2336 x 1854 - 2M
    elle toon version 2.jpg
    2336 x 1854 - 2M

Played around with Christian a bit.  He's got alot of character, and kind of a moody look to him.  This is the slightly postworked version.  The version in my gallery is post worked to give the picture a much moodier/bluer look.

Gallery

Getting In The Zone.jpg
    2700 x 2250 - 3M

I tooned my elf prince for fun.

Elf prince - tooned.jpg
    1125 x 1854 - 407K