Worlds Edge's Trials And Errors

Comments

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

This is Kinsley.  I think she is going to make a deliciously evil queen, when I'm done with her.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited April 2018

This is Kinsley.  I think she is going to make a deliciously evil queen, when I'm done with her.

Agreed! I also like the WIP you showed in @Novica Art thread.

Post edited by Stormlyght on

Thanks @stormlght i hope I get some time to play with the evil queen render some more this week. Hate when the weekend slips by so fast. 

edited April 2018

Couldn't see how to delete my own post.  I posted in the wrong place.

Post edited by Worlds_Edge on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

She does have a somewhat regal look to her.  Waiting impatiently for you to turn her evil lol!

edited April 2018

Here is the original version of my evil, or perhaps imperious, queen.  Original, then photoshop enhanced.  Product list is in gallery.

link to gallery

obey original 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    obey original 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Obey.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Kinsley again, this time with an illustrated look.

kinsley illustrated.jpg
    1840 x 1474 - 2M

Love the illustrated look and she does look a bit testy!

Thanks!  

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Agreed, Christian does have that moody look, and your lighting is quite nice on him. I also like Ella and the postwork, rather more toony and the effects are interesting. Blue is a perfect color choice for her.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Been nice looking through this thread and seeing how you have progressed.  Kinsley really loks amazing.  I love the bodice on her outfit and I like the post processing you did.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love the post worked version. It looks great and I love the bit of sparkle. That's a great expression.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

I see you're another amazing post work guru. I think you've done a great job on these. I agree with @themidget on seeing your progress. You're really good at doing illustrated style images. 

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Kinsley again, this time with an illustrated look.

Lots of attitude, awesome :D

Thank you everyone, I do feel like I'm slowly improving.  Unfortunately, I don't get as much time as I'd like for rendering/playing with DS.  

This is a comparison between Connor out of the box (on the left) and with other characters mixed in, on the right (reader's right side).

Connor plain and mixed comparison.jpg
    2880 x 1950 - 2M
    edited June 2018

Connor mix again, in historical clothing.  I rendered one light version (the one show), and one dark (less light) version, then blended the two.  

Here is the postworked version, bigger one in the gallery.

Connor upper body historical more light.png
    1500 x 1950 - 3M
    His Lordship .jpg
    800 x 1040 - 729K

I'm "casting" a Cinderella.  I think I'll be using Juniper (a Mousso character from Rendo).  She is out of the box on the left, but has teen Willa dialed in on the middle and right (our right).  I'm trying to make her a tad bit younger, and am not sure I've succeeded.  My original test, in different clothing, and post worked to stylize her is in my gallery.  That version looks completely different.

Opinions on whether to add Willa or make more changes?

Cinderella test with willa dialed in.jpg
    2793 x 1197 - 1M

I really like the addition of Willow. It does make her look a tad bit younger.  Its a very subtle change but I really like it.

Hope npr.jpg
    1018 x 900 - 411K
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

@Worlds_Edge that is a beautiful image. I love what you have done, both with the model and with the post work.

@Worlds_Edge that is a beautiful image. I love what you have done, both with the model and with the post work.

Thanks @mollytabby  I'm still working on trying to find the perfect cinderella.  I think I need to thicken her lower lip a bit and lighten up the filtrum, then I'll have her.  Course that will mean I will next need to work on prince charming!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Nice work on cinderella. I do like the version with Willa dialled in.

Thank you @mori_mann!

I made a mystery guy out of Christian and rarestone's male morphs for genesis 8.  This is the dark/heavily photoshopped version.  A color, more slightly postworked version is in my gallery here.

mystery guy 3.jpg
    2800 x 2600 - 3M
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Really nice pictures Worlds_Edge!

Thanks @CarolaO  I wish I had more time to render/play with DAZ, but RL has been a bit hectic of late.

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

That is a really nice hair set, what is it? Nice render!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I made a mystery guy out of Christian and rarestone's male morphs for genesis 8.  This is the dark/heavily photoshopped version.  A color, more slightly postworked version is in my gallery here.

I love both versions smiley

@rakuda - that is Josina hair and it always comes out lovely.

Thanks @mollytabby.