(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the free update! If not for the posting here, I would not have known. The readme and the product page have not been updated yet to show inclusion of the new morphs. DAZ is making it hard for us NON-DIM users to track versions and updates. The old installers have a version number in the filename, but the DIM zip files do not.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

There was an update in the DAZ Installation Manager for SRMS today, does anybody know what was changed or added?

Yay, it got through testing!

It adds FBMDavid5 and FBMStephanie4 to the dress and bodysuit for morph copying. D5 wasn't out when SRMS was first released, and I didn't yet have S4 at that point.

I've done Dariofish's Iradians as well, but those will probably be released at ShareCG or my own site as a freebie, since they're not official DAZ morphs. Also, that gives me an easy way to keep adding DarioFish's incredible FBMs without having to do one of these time-consuming updates each time (I can't emphasize enough how much I adore his custom alien characters).
    Awesome, thank you!

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited May 2013

Thank you for the update, SickleYield.

Went to download, but have a question first.

I plan to download the DIM ZIPs. The product says 1.2, but it is not noted on the DIM's. I assume they are the 1.2 update, naturally.

Question is, do I need to re-download the core product, or only the updated templates?

The manual is still 1.0, so I don't think I need to re-download that one as well. Thanks...

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

There was an update in the DAZ Installation Manager for SRMS today, does anybody know what was changed or added?

It adds FBMDavid5 and FBMStephanie4 to the dress and bodysuit for morph copying. D5 wasn't out when SRMS was first released, and I didn't yet have S4 at that point.

I've done Dariofish's Iradians as well, but those will probably be released at ShareCG or my own site as a freebie, since they're not official DAZ morphs. Also, that gives me an easy way to keep adding DarioFish's incredible FBMs without having to do one of these time-consuming updates each time (I can't emphasize enough how much I adore his custom alien characters).

Thanks for the update and please let me know when you post the Iradians as well !

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Thank you for the update, SickleYield.

Went to download, but have a question first.

I plan to download the DIM ZIPs. The product says 1.2, but it is not noted on the DIM's. I assume they are the 1.2 update, naturally.

Question is, do I need to re-download the core product, or only the updated templates?

The manual is still 1.0, so I don't think I need to re-download that one as well. Thanks...

You can just get the templates if you're only concerned about the morphs being in those and not in the conformers themselves.

For sure, 3dlust.

edited December 1969

Well, that's a little bit confusing...

I haven't used your product yet, so I have no clue what I need, or is required for full product update.

Being unemployed, and impoverished, I have limited resources, but when I get an opportunity to make a purchase (birthday gift, in this instance) I like to choose something both useful, and support a vendor I feel has given a lot to the community (you, for instance, with your great freebies, tutorials, and general help you bestow upon the masses).

I have plans to use it when I have time to help convert all my wardrobes over to Genesis, and just want to make sure I have everything necessary with the update when I have need of it's use.

Yes, it does seem a trivial issue as to what to download, but with my ISP regulating monthly bandwidth, and most of my allotment being utilized for online media (Netflix, Hulu, and a vast array of video tutorials), I have to selectively avoid any unnecessary downloading.

So...

Do I need to download both (large files) for complete product update, or not?

Thank you.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Well, that's a little bit confusing...

I haven't used your product yet, so I have no clue what I need, or is required for full product update.

Do I need to download both (large files) for complete product update, or not?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but....

There are essentially two ways to use the SMRS.

One: you use the projection templates via the Transfer Utility. This overwrites any existing rigging. I use it for pretty much all non-shoe conversions and some of the Genesis re-rigs.

Two: you load up the conforming items, conform the item to them, and have them inherit the morphs that way. This is how you convert G4 shoes and add morphs to existing Genesis clothing without destroying the rigging.

If you only want to use the template method, you only have to download the updated templates. If you want to convert shoes or keep an item's rigging, you'll need the System download too.

Hope that helps. :) I sympathize -- while I don't have a bandwidth cap, I do have a gamer husband capable of hitting some really interesting notes if I make him lag and get shot, so I have to choose my download times carefully.....

edited December 1969

katfeete is correct, and thanks for helping out.

And I'm sorry I was insensitive. I didn't realize that was the issue. I've had to have high-speed for work for so long that I've forgotten what it's like to have to go to McDonald's wifi to upload a product.

edited December 1969

Thank you both, katfeete, and SickleYield.

So...

We are getting two great products for the price of one. Sweet...

I turned off my online media for a few days so I could download both of them.

And, SickleYield, no worries. I didn't equate you to being insensitive. You can't possibly know every situation, and I should have been more thorough with my original inquiry.

Thanks again for the update. Keep up the great work!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,512
    edited December 1969

Awesome, thank you!
    ...didn't see this (got unsubscribed from the thread). Currently have ver 1.1. Downloading the update now.
  • fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

would like to thnk sickleyeild for a great program fro helpinfg rigging etc its helped me a lot how do i use it on shoes i made for genisis please

edited December 1969

fairy_37 said:
    would like to thnk sickleyeild for a great program fro helpinfg rigging etc its helped me a lot how do i use it on shoes i made for genisis please

Import the .obj of the shoes into DAZ Studio.
    Load Genesis.
    Start Transfer Utility.
    Choose Template--Shoes--SRMBootBase.
    Check "add smoothing modifier" below.
    Click Accept.

Save to library, delete and reload; do not attempt to conform or render without first doing this or it will deform improperly.

edited December 1969

thnk u hunnie for tht :-):cheese:;-)

edited December 1969

Is there a way to transfer Kids 4 clothes to Genesis? I tried the autofit method with the SRMdressbase, but it was no better than the regular autofit dress template. (I was trying the Regency Girl for Kids 4.)

Kids4onGenesis.JPG
    604 x 724 - 42K
    edited May 2013

barbult said:
    Is there a way to transfer Kids 4 clothes to Genesis? I tried the autofit method with the SRMdressbase, but it was no better than the regular autofit dress template. (I was trying the Regency Girl for Kids 4.)

I would guess not. I didn't do templates for them as I did with V4 and M4, and they're more different in shape than Gen 3 mostly is.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

OK, thanks for that info.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Picked this up yesterday on sale and I'm stoked! It's so good!! I never thought it would be so fun and gratifying to go through a lot of things I have made plus Gen 4 products and rerig them so they actually work!

I've been playing around with the Marvelous Designer trial and even with the annoying triangle topology (if I don't turn them to quads, as best as Blender can manage) the SRMS makes them FAR more usable than the basic TU can do.

The handles, morphs and fixes are excellent for long dresses and skirts alone not to mention the fix to the pesky shrink-wrap breast problem. I'm really, really happy. Thank you!! Oh, and being able to pose someone sitting down in a dress and having it smoothed down over their legs all natural-like is awesome.

edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:
    Picked this up yesterday on sale and I'm stoked! It's so good!! I never thought it would be so fun and gratifying to go through a lot of things I have made plus Gen 4 products and rerig them so they actually work!

I've been playing around with the Marvelous Designer trial and even with the annoying triangle topology (if I don't turn them to quads, as best as Blender can manage) the SRMS makes them FAR more usable than the basic TU can do.

The handles, morphs and fixes are excellent for long dresses and skirts alone not to mention the fix to the pesky shrink-wrap breast problem. I'm really, really happy. Thank you!! Oh, and being able to pose someone sitting down in a dress and having it smoothed down over their legs all natural-like is awesome.

Sweet, I'm glad it's working for you! :-)

Does anyone else have the forum substituting words when they use emoticons?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,512
    edited December 1969

...a lot of us.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Cheerful banter. Just pretend you're an Elcor from Mass Effect....

edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:
    Cheerful banter. Just pretend you're an Elcor from Mass Effect....

Amused. You are a silly person.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited May 2013

I liked the way the evolved the storyline in the game. I also thought the game play was well paced.

Here's one... who played this game? And yes, David Bowie did do the music in the game. It was one of the most original games I've played, and I would seek out games that were unique.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

My fiance was playing that like a month ago. LOL

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited May 2013

It is a unique underground classic. I highly recommend it to anyone into that genre of game :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2013

Patience has paid off!

On sale big time ... flash sale

Wow! that's alot of mb for the $. Thank you

[imaginary picture of large happy smiley]

Post edited by patience55 on
  • edited December 1969

Hi, this is a very noobish question. I recently bought the plugin and i was testing it. In the pdf guide is stated: "Save your rigged or converted item to the library WITHOUT trying to morph or pose it.", and i don't know how to do it (as i said it, i am a noob, so put away that RPG please). Maybe i need to save the scene, and reload it? if not i really dont know how to do it, can you please explain?
    Thank you in advance

edited December 1969

go to file
    save as
    support assets
    figure/prop assets
    box pops up to were u wanna name prop etc
    thn a nother box pops up with options for saving prop
    fill tht in accept and wait for saveing to be done
    delete from scene
    relaod from library
    pose etc
    hey presto one save figure prop u have made yr self
    sit back give yr self a huge big grin for making yr own clothing
    jope thisd helps

edited December 1969

Thanks, fairy, that's it.

• edited December 1969

Thank you a lot fairy_37.
    I suggest to insert this steps in the pdf manual since is a very important step for making it work.

edited December 1969

Thank you a lot fairy_37.
    I suggest to insert this steps in the pdf manual since is a very important step for making it work.

It's there on page 7 and 14. I just assumed you would read the first chapter.