Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the bloom effect on the one with her face, and I am going to be following along over on Deviant Art for sure! 

Lovely scene for Llola's contest!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I couldn't resist this little guy by Alessandro

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Very cute little frog! Love it!

• He is adorable. I put him on my wishlist but I'm seriously thinking of picking him up before the sale is over. Great image. :)

Thank you so much Rakuda and Knitting!

Ok so I'm life on webtoons with my first episode!

Follow the link in the signature :D

• Taiduo is looking great.  Congrats on taking the big step.  Hoping to read a few pages to get hooked into the narrative. 

Taiduo is looking great.  Congrats on taking the big step.  Hoping to read a few pages to get hooked into the narrative. 

Thank you so much! next update will be on Tuesday

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That frog is gorgeous!

Linwelly said:

Ok so I'm life on webtoons with my first episode!

Follow the link in the signature :D

How exciting!  I will be checkign it out when I'm a bit more awake.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Really great render of the frog.  Love the dof.  Very realistic.

Wish you much luck on the webtoon.  Gorgeous work.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

That little froggie looks so cute!!! Just love the DOF as well!!

• Tuesday morning and I went check out Dome Dweller.  There's a real sense of the cinematic in your story telling style.  Few words,  lots of images,  and you require the reader to fill in the spaces between the panels.  A good sequential art technique.   The art looks fantastic.  Very high production value.  Just a few minor suggestions.  Just a hint more exposition.   The first panel against the landscape, perhap add the planet name or year or time of day,  something, anything,  to draw the reader in. Readers yearn for tidbits of information.   First panel of the team walking.  Again,  just a word or two,  The monitor hints at the start of shift,   but the words would help keep the flow as the reader scrolls through the page.  The caption for the Algae farm is slightly hard to read against the background.   Now once your dialogue mentions "They came for"  we're already hooked into the story.  Can't wait for the next installment.

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback @FirstBastion!

About the place notice, I was thinking the info in the short intro on the frontpage would be enough. But looking again I can see why it would make sense to give that information there again. I have to look if I can fix that without taking down the page completely. I will try to remember for the next location infos to make them better visible. About the silence I know that it is a bit much but it as well is necessary for the mood. The ideal setting would be to have some music for the title page and the beginning of the dome-dweller page similar to the start of "Gost in a shell" the manga movie music. But that can only happen when I host this on my own page (of get featured by webtoons - haha, dream on girl)

edited February 2018

Here is my latest little piece of Taiduo webcomic introducing the twin brother of Taiduo07-12 , a new page is up on webtoons as well

Taiduo-page3-panel9.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • These are getting very interesting!  I've been keeping up with them over on DA as well. XD

• Linwelly said:

Here is my latest little piece of Taiduo webcomic introducing the twin brother of Taiduo07-12 , a new page is up on webtoons as well

Very nice :)

Thank you both! I just wish I could render faster, my buffer will be gone far too soon if I don't get on the move.

Too much TV

will make square eyes,

for Llola Llanes render a month challenge

I leaned something new for this, how to Iwarp in Gimp. I modified the original eye textures with the, the bigges challenge was that the lens kept bubbeling it to the round form so I did a bit of Iwarp after the render to form the reflections accordingly.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

I love your character's expression when he says "but there's more you need to know."  Very expressive and also difficult to achieve.

• Linwelly said:

Too much TV

will make square eyes,

Oh this is awesome =D
  • Linwelly said:

Nice story design.  You've established her everyday world,  the dreary monotony of cleaning tanks and following orders,   and now we're on the brink of the inciting/catalyst incident.  Big thumbs up. 

Linwelly said:

Nice story design.  You've established her everyday world,  the dreary monotony of cleaning tanks and following orders,   and now we're on the brink of the inciting/catalyst incident.  Big thumbs up. 

Thanks a lot, I#m glad you like the way I made a first stab ad telling the story,  Before she actually gets to know more about what her brother will tell her we need to learn a bit more why that will have a huge impact on her life, so we take a little diversion first. I hope that wont be too bothering for the readers.

Linwelly said:

Too much TV

will make square eyes,

Oh this is awesome =D

Thank you a lot :D

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I see you are comming right along with your webcomic Linwelly, it is very well done!!

Thanks a lot Saphirewild, If you don't get hung up onsome stupid nonsens as corrupting a scene file and still trying to get a render out of it for a day or still not getting the hand on d-force... it's proceeding but I still need to long. Probably becaus e I invest too much time in something on the side.

so HELP! @everybody is there a good quick collection of how to d-force? I'm trying to wrap a simple plane (2x2m, 400 divisions) with a wind node around a standing figure and the stupid thing keeps crashing on me. I tried with  self collide and without, I tried making it stiffer ( its worked halfways, mostly not crashing with 200 divisions on the plane but that lookes a little like porcupine on some of the polys rpping as well). ad there is nothign beside the plane the figure and the windnode active, put the hair away for now as well. so why is it crashing all the time?

Here is an experiment to represent albinism in humans, I used Izanami and put her through skinbuilder. ther was still quite some fiddeling after but I now I#m quite happy.

She's supposed to appear in the story at some point but I wanted to eperiment a bit with her.

Second render with that messed up d-force draping is coming as well

• Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot Saphirewild, If you don't get hung up onsome stupid nonsens as corrupting a scene file and still trying to get a render out of it for a day or still not getting the hand on d-force... it's proceeding but I still need to long. Probably becaus e I invest too much time in something on the side.

so HELP! @everybody is there a good quick collection of how to d-force? I'm trying to wrap a simple plane (2x2m, 400 divisions) with a wind node around a standing figure and the stupid thing keeps crashing on me. I tried with  self collide and without, I tried making it stiffer ( its worked halfways, mostly not crashing with 200 divisions on the plane but that lookes a little like porcupine on some of the polys rpping as well). ad there is nothign beside the plane the figure and the windnode active, put the hair away for now as well. so why is it crashing all the time?

Here is a thread with a huge PDF that the author keeps updating: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208141/how-to-use-dforce-creating-a-blanket-draping-clothes-on-furniture-and-much-more/p1

The first thread also has some info scattered throughout: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203201/daz-3d-introduces-dforce-physics-engine

Off the top of my head, what if you use fewer polys? 100x100 or even less? And another important point is whether you are using animated drape (with the timeline; usually works better), and if yes, is there any moment along the timeline that anything passes through the cloth? Intersections will ruin any dynamic sim, and in case of dForce, it may crash.

Thanks a lot Kettu I've had a look ot the blanket thread before but I didn't know there is a PDF coming with that. That sure is handy and that thread is getting huge and finding the one informaiton you need then always gets difficult.

The fewer polys the more edgy it comes out is my expereince so far but I ignored d-force for a while after experiementing with it a bit, so I'm really not on top of things. With the focus on the comic time is flying by and experiementing blocks the render times :D

• Linwelly said:

The fewer polys the more edgy it comes out

You could subdivide the result to make it smoother. Basically what I understood is that polys that are too small or too close are dangerous. Someone flattened the cube too much to have a two-sided blanket, and it flew right up because dForce energy accumulates in those "tight crevices" (sorry for not being able to explain better... migraine).

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Very nice work on the albino girl. :)