For users of DAZ History Manager

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I did in the semiofficial thread ... but no answer.
    I will try again with your information where to find it (maybe they don't know ...).

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I did in the semiofficial thread ... but no answer.
    I will try again with your information where to find it (maybe they don't know ...).

I'm quite sure they do - they told me where to find it... ;-)

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited April 2013

*extremely sad* History Manager isn't working anymore (although it did at first with new layout)
    Doesn't even load my saved history list so I can at least go through past items :/
    I hate going through the Content Library in store and I won't use DIM, so yeah, one of my most essential content manager programs is no longer here :/
    No comfort of product/history management = no new purchases. After store website was switched to new engine I almost stopped to use it (i.e. buying) and History Manager brought me back in a largest degree. Well, guess it is time to drift away again.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    *extremely sad* History Manager isn't working anymore (although it did at first with new layout)
    Doesn't even load my saved history list so I can at least go through past items :/

Not sure what's happened here, but it cannot have worked with the new layout. The data are stored in a completely different way so it's technically impossible.

And the old database should work. The "Load Saved History" button may be disabled however if you press some of the other buttons first, because things are not working normally anymore. Try to start the program again and click the button before doing anything else, then it should work.

And like I've said elsewhere, I'm working on a new program which will have most of the features of the old History Manager.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

The “Load Saved History” button may be disabled however if you press some of the other buttons first, because things are not working normally anymore.
    This probably was a reason :oops:

And like I’ve said elsewhere, I’m working on a new program which will have most of the features of the old History Manager.

Thank you! At least I will be able to work with site when it would be done...
  • RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

>:( you can add me to the "Very Sad" list. I have really enjoyed using Taozen's downloader and his history manager - for my needs they were perfect. What I used to do in 5 minutes now takes me 30 minutes thanks to DAZ. I absolutely HATE the DIM because it does not give me enough control of archive and install locations. Not to mention organizing my files - the DIM system is chaotic at best, and will just result in more people spending more time searching for their files. UGH!

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your Work Taozen! I couldn't even program a "Hello world" anymore, which makes me appreciate your programs even more. Your History Manager and the one for the Wishlist made my life a lot easier in the past and I'm looking forward to what you're working on now :)

edited May 2013

Thank you for your Work Taozen! I couldn't even program a "Hello world" anymore, which makes me appreciate your programs even more. Your History Manager and the one for the Wishlist made my life a lot easier in the past and I'm looking forward to what you're working on now :)

You're welcome! :)

Nice timing actually, I've just released alpha 5.02 of the new Account Manager for DAZ, if you want to try it you can find it by clicking the link in my sig. Currently it just has the basic features of History Manager, but with sortable columns.

Should be pretty self-explaining but a few words about the CSV export might be appropriate: All items currently listed in the listview will be exported if none are checked. If any are checked, only those that are checked will be exported. The sort order in the CSV will reflect the sort order in the listview.

No Order# yet as the data are currently not available from the data source, but according to DAZ it should be added soon. It will probably either break or start acting weird then, but it should be quick to update.

Oh, yea, and it's very fast because of the new data structure in the store - only about 1 MB data to download per 2500 items. First time the data will be saved automatically.

Hope you like it, let me know if you find any bugs...

Thanks!

Post edited by Taoz on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Thanks, looking forward to trying them out.

edited December 1969

Fixed: crashed if there were more than 5000 products in Product Library

http://taosoft.dk/software/accm-daz/updates/accm-daz-a0503.zip

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I exported the csv file, but when loaded into Excel it is all on one very long row. All data included in this row!

My son, who is a professional programmer has had a log at the csv output and he says

"other than the first line with the column headings, all of the rows are missing the closing double quote at the end of each line."

He added the missing quote to the end of each line and it now works OK.

Can this be fixed please?

Otherwise it appears to be working fine.

edited May 2013

wilmap said:
    I exported the csv file, but when loaded into Excel it is all on one very long row. All data included in this row!

My son, who is a professional programmer has had a log at the csv output and he says

"other than the first line with the column headings, all of the rows are missing the closing double quote at the end of each line."

Yep, I'm already aware of the bug. New version a0.505 is uploaded, it also has a fix for another problem:

http://taosoft.dk/software/accm-daz/

As for Excel here's how to import the CSV so it formats correctly:

http://taosoft.dk/temp/excel_csv.jpg

Post edited by Taoz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Can someone in the know please look at my thread. I really need some help

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21856/

Thanks so much

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited May 2013

...tried the alpha release of the new History Manager but keep receiving an error that mentions about my having to agree to the Daz EULA. I already have done this a while back.

The DIM, even with the update, is useless for building a product inventory list as it still captures too many duplicate entries for "CF" and "Legacy" installers even when the only filter box checked in the 4.5+ one. Not about to delete several hundred lines (one at a time) by hand out of a large Excel spreadsheet. The DIM also keeps corrupting my username requiring several steps to fix each time I open the utility.

The HM was such an elegant tool in comparison.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...tried the alpha release of the new History Manager but keep receiving an error that mentions about my having to agree to the Daz EULA. I already have done this a while back.

This error, as the error message also says, can be caused by other things as well. Basically it means that the program cannot access the Product Library page for some reason. Could be a temporary server error.

Try again, if you still get the error try to open the "tmpPage" file (just add an .html extension and open it in your browser) and see what page you're getting instead.

edited May 2013

...this morning when I started it up and logged in I received the error message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred"

...followed by:

"Index was out of bounds of the array"

Clicking "Details" brought this up

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
       at AccountManagerDAZ.frmMain.GetHistoryData()
       at AccountManagerDAZ.frmMain.buttonGetHistoryData_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
        CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    AccountManagerDAZ
        Assembly Version: 0.5.0.2
        Win32 Version: 0.5.0.2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/Desktop/AccountManagerDAZ.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

...I haven't changed anything since I installed yesterday.

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Did you use the current version Account Manager for DAZ 3D Alpha 0.507?
    This version reads all of my 9,869 records without issues.

Maybe you can take a look, whether your number of total records is higher.
    You find the number in the page source code of the Product Library with a search for "totalRecords".

If your number of records exceeds mine, then there is possibly still a issue with the array size in the program.
    If the number is lesser than mine, then one of your records may cause the problem.

edited May 2013

...ach, I have alpha 0.5.0.2. Just DL'd .5.0.7.

Thanks for the info on the update.

-----

Installed and worked like a charm.

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

You're welcome. Your error message was familiar to me, because at my first tests the same issue has occurred.
    Good that it works for you now.

edited December 1969

If your number of records exceeds mine, then there is possibly still a issue with the array size in the program.
    If the number is lesser than mine, then one of your records may cause the problem.

From version 0.503 the array is being dynamically sized to match the number of records so it should be able to handle any number of records.

edited August 2013

I've added an experimental feature to the Account Manager, it sorts DAZ zip files into folders like the old DAZ Downloader did. You can use DIM to download the zip files, or download them manually.

Not really sure how useful it is though (mostly for people who don't want to use DIM I guess), so if anyone cares to test it I'd like to hear your opinions.

I'll recommend installing it in a separate folder if you already have the Account Manager installed.

Here's how to use it:

1. It needs some data from your DAZ history to work, so first download the history (just click the "Download History Data" button).
    2. Select the "Organize Zip Files" tab.
    3. Click the "Source >" button to select the folder with the zips (files in subfolders will be included)
    4. Click the "Destination >" button to select the base folder to copy/move the files to
    5. Click "Load Files" (takes a while if you have many files, needs some optimization)
    6. Check the files you want to process (top check box selects/unselects all)
    7. Select the options you want to use (they should be pretty self-explaining)
    8. Click "Start"

Don't click on anything as long as it is processing files as the controls are not locked yet, otherwise it may crash. You can use the features on the History tab though while it's working, if you like.

Can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/accm-daz/updates/accm-daz-a0508b.zip

Thanks!

Post edited by Taoz on
  • SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 217

Taozen, I realize this is a very, very old thread, but I was unsure about where to post my problem.  I tried to execute the "Start Download" process on the "Manage Product Data" window and it crashes.  I get the message below.  Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

DAZ Product Manager Error-crop.jpg
    1022 x 464 - 40K

Taozen, I realize this is a very, very old thread, but I was unsure about where to post my problem.  I tried to execute the "Start Download" process on the "Manage Product Data" window and it crashes.  I get the message below.  Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

I've found some bad file references that may be causing this, please check your PM for an updated version and see if that fixes it.

• SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 217
    Taozen said:

I've found some bad file references that may be causing this, please check your PM for an updated version and see if that fixes it.

Thank you, Taozen!  smiley

• Hi Taoz. I stumbled acorss this thread after much frustration of trying to keep my content in order.  Not sure if you are still running this, but I downloaded Account Manager (version a0.533), running Windows 10 64bit.  However I cant seem to ge it to work. I can log in, I have run as administrator and under settings, selected browser compatibility. I have pointed it to where my Daz data directory is located.

I click on Tools>Manahge Product Data, leave everything on the default settings, but when I click start download, the program immediately stops working (see image).  Not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, but would love to get this to work if possible.

Thanks in advance!

CrashDec172017.JPG
    2551 x 1165 - 142K
    edited December 2017

Hi Taoz. I stumbled acorss this thread after much frustration of trying to keep my content in order.  Not sure if you are still running this, but I downloaded Account Manager (version a0.533), running Windows 10 64bit.  However I cant seem to ge it to work. I can log in, I have run as administrator and under settings, selected browser compatibility. I have pointed it to where my Daz data directory is located.

I click on Tools>Manahge Product Data, leave everything on the default settings, but when I click start download, the program immediately stops working (see image).  Not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, but would love to get this to work if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Did you select the History folder as Product Data folder? It will crash if you do that I can see. You need to create/select a different folder for the Product Data (Settings > Create Product Data Folder). You can put it anywhere you like except for the Program Files folders or other system folders.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Taoz said:

Hi Taoz. I stumbled acorss this thread after much frustration of trying to keep my content in order.  Not sure if you are still running this, but I downloaded Account Manager (version a0.533), running Windows 10 64bit.  However I cant seem to ge it to work. I can log in, I have run as administrator and under settings, selected browser compatibility. I have pointed it to where my Daz data directory is located.

Thanks in advance!

Did you select the History folder as Product Data folder? It will crash if you do that I can see. You need to create/select a different folder for the Product Data (Settings > Create Product Data Folder). You can put it anywhere you like except for the Program Files folders or other system folders.

Thanks for the quick response Taoz! Apologies, I misunderstood (still quite new to Daz). I have created a folder on another drive for the History Folder as Product Data Folder... and I think it is now possibly working! It is now updating offline data and from looking at the folder I created it is creating folders for products with images inside of them. Hoping I have done everything right... about 1000 products which I know isn't massive... but a verrrry slow internet connection here in Australia!

Much appreciated once again Taoz. This will be a dream come true if I have done everything right :)

Taoz said:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick response Taoz! Apologies, I misunderstood (still quite new to Daz). I have created a folder on another drive for the History Folder as Product Data Folder... and I think it is now possibly working! It is now updating offline data and from looking at the folder I created it is creating folders for products with images inside of them. Hoping I have done everything right... about 1000 products which I know isn't massive... but a verrrry slow internet connection here in Australia!

Much appreciated once again Taoz. This will be a dream come true if I have done everything right :)

Yes, sound like it's working now. You can stop it at any time and continue later, it will just continue from where it left off. No need to apologize, I should have been more clear in my instructions, will update them to avoid this from happening again. Thanks! :)

• Great to know I can stop and restart it :)  I might just let it run overnight now. Have stopped it and had a look... as far as I can tell it is all working. All I can say is WOW! This is one of the handiest things I have come across. Can't begin to thank you enough for spending the time in putting this together... I feel like Christmas just came early!

Clearer instructions as you have mentioned for people like me would be great.

Just one other question... when I downloaded it said something about an expiry date (can't find where it said that now)... from memory 20th December. What does that mean exactly?

Great to know I can stop and restart it :)  I might just let it run overnight now. Have stopped it and had a look... as far as I can tell it is all working. All I can say is WOW! This is one of the handiest things I have come across. Can't begin to thank you enough for spending the time in putting this together... I feel like Christmas just came early!

Clearer instructions as you have mentioned for people like me would be great.

Just one other question... when I downloaded it said something about an expiry date (can't find where it said that now)... from memory 20th December. What does that mean exactly?

Thanks, glad you find it useful. :)  Well as the download page says it is a commercial app, but alpha and beta version are free to use, they just expire after a while but will either be replaced by new versions or have their expiration date extended. Usually they expire after 1-3 months but currently they have a shorter lifetime (too complex to explain here why) but that should end soon. In any case, when it expires, just go and get the latest version and overwrite the existing files with the new ones, then you're up running again.