For users of DAZ History Manager

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722
edited December 1969 in The Commons

For those who have been using the DAZ History Manager:

"Check Cart for Duplicates" has unfortunately shown not to be completely reliable because of inconsistency between some product names in the history and the product pages/cart. If you have used it for one or more purchases, it's strongly recommended that you check these purchases manually using the Search function, by doing a separate search on each word in the product names from the product pages. This should find any possible matches.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :( Hope to have a fix ready soon...

Comments

• ubetchaubetcha Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Can you match using the SKU (is that a unique item number?)? I can see the SKU on each product's information page and for each purchased-product in an order-details page, but can't see it in the shopping cart or check-out, though it should be in the table behind-the-scenes, I guess.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722
    edited December 1969

The SKU is unique AFAIK, but as you say, it's not listed on the cart page, or hidden in the page source. And that's the only way to get it in this context.

There's no way to access the database unfortunately, that would have made things easier in some respects.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited August 2012

Oooooops! Wrong thread!

Post edited by Wiccan1 on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    There's no way to access the database unfortunately

Unfortunate indeed, but what you have given us is still very good and I use it a lot :)
  • BigBoned51BigBoned51 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I am having a problem with the reset of files to update with metadata. I have a long list of history and I can open the updates page in the browser, so it is super nice to be able to check off the ones to reset, but everytime I do this, the checkmarks disappear and I don't get the resets in my downloads. AFAIK I am using lastest revision, the one to expire in 9/30. Thank you so much for the tools. They are really great!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I am having a problem with the reset of files to update with metadata. I have a long list of history and I can open the updates page in the browser, so it is super nice to be able to check off the ones to reset, but everytime I do this, the checkmarks disappear and I don't get the resets in my downloads. AFAIK I am using lastest revision, the one to expire in 9/30. Thank you so much for the tools. They are really great!

I find that if you leave it logged in and inactive too long the resets stop working -- are you finding the resets not working immediately after logging in?

edited December 1969

What I have done is basically a split-screen where my history is in the left panel and the browser shows the forum page for the updates. I have gone through the lists on both sides manually and tick off the resets. Which is taking a lot of time yes, but I tried just one although it was after losing the first group and it didn't work. I will try it now with starting from scratch and seeing if it does a reset. Thanks for the response.

edited December 1969

I just did two checked within a few minutes. And they DID get reset. Can you put a location bar at the top of the browser to quickly go to a page. A lot of time is having to go through the forum menus in order to get to the update page. Also, would it help to relogin when I'm done checking everything off? Thanks so much again.

edited December 1969

I haven't had much success logging in again once it stops resetting. I usually save the login for last, after loading my saved history and ticking the items I want to reset. If it's been a while after the last batch, I close and restart DAZHM, or just reset one item and then go to my Downloaadable Products to make sure it worked before doing the rest.

edited August 2012

Sorry, not getting notifications for this thread anymore though I'm still subscribed (forum bug?).

In any case, sorry for the problems - I'm already aware of them and have been working on an update to fix them. If anyone cares to test it before I let it loose and report back if there are problems ther current version can be downloaded here (will expire 2012-.08-22):

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0533-installer.zip

The main problem is that the new server logs you out rather quickly (with the old one you might be logged on for hours). When that happens none of the features that requires login work anymore. So now I've made it check if you're logged in first whenever a feature that requires login is being used, and log in again automatically if not.

This also means that the Check for Duplicates feature may have failed on some occasions, unfortunately. To make up for that I've added a new feature "Find Duplicates in History" which checks for duplicate items in the History itself so you'll be able to catch any that previously may have slipped through. It can only find duplicates where the product names are 100% identical - in this case the other types of search methods I know of may generate an enourmous amount of hits which is impractical. It appears though from tests I've made that only a small number of product names have changed over the years so it should be quite reliable.

Note that there may be different products with the same name (that's the case with "Hot Air Balloon" for example), so if you find any duplicates in the history you might want to check if they are actually duplicates. To to this, check the order page for each item, to see if the install files names are the same. If they're not visible, reset the products, then they should show up.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Mille grazie, will give it a try.

edited December 1969

Thanks so much Taozen. I have almost 1600 items from Daz so they sure help especiall for the updates. Thanks again for a great product. BTW I was able to get it to work when I hit the login button just before the reset like you said. So I've been using that workaround. I downloaded your changes and am going to try it out. Great Job!

edited December 1969

The new version works beautifully, even if I leave it open overnight. Could you do the same to the Downloader?

edited December 1969

Thanks so much Taozen. I have almost 1600 items from Daz so they sure help especiall for the updates. Thanks again for a great product. BTW I was able to get it to work when I hit the login button just before the reset like you said. So I've been using that workaround. I downloaded your changes and am going to try it out. Great Job!

Thanks, you're welcome!

edited December 1969

The new version works beautifully, even if I leave it open overnight. Could you do the same to the Downloader?

Thanks for the feedback, an auto-update coming soon.

As for the downloader it's on the list and will be fixed in the next version.

edited December 1969

Should be working now, here's a test version:

http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/3dcdl-daz-a1099a-installer.zip

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Should be working now, here's a test version:

http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/3dcdl-daz-a1099a-installer.zip

Thanks, will let you know how it does.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

hi

thanks taozen for this software

i've got a problem i, when i click on dowload content history the program crash

i'm on windows 7 64 bit

i've try on a vista and i've got the same problem...

on vista it ask a flash.ocx file ... i ve got the last version of adobe flash player and it's not installed in program files

thanks for your help

edited December 1969

thadeus72 said:
    hi

Yes, DAZ has made changes to their site so currently both the History Manager and the Content Downloader are broken. I'm working on updating them, hope to have them fixed soon...

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    thadeus72 said:
    hi

Yes, DAZ has made changes to their site so currently both the History Manager and the Content Downloader are broken. I'm working on updating them, hope to have them fixed soon...

thanks for your quick replies and your work

edited December 1969

You're welcome... :)

Here are some temporary updates that should fix the current problems:

History Manager:
    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0534a-installer.zip

Content Downloader:
    http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/3dcdl-daz-a1099b-installer.zip

Note that they may not work correctly if you have less than 50 files in your history or on your download pages - I'm currently unable to test this so I can't say for sure. I hope to have this tested and if necessary fixed soon. Next release will probably be an auto-update.

Also note that if you have many files ( > 500) on your download pages the downloader may be slow to respond when you click the Start (download) button. Some other functions may be slow too. It shouldn't do this, so I'm currently looking into it. Apart from this it should work allright though. It does take some time to get/update the file list if there are many files but that's how it is, it cannot work faster than it does in this respect.

edited December 1969

thadeus72 said:

on vista it ask a flash.ocx file ... i ve got the last version of adobe flash player and it's not installed in program files

Not sure what's wrong here - installing Flash (64 bit version on 64 bit systems) use to solve the problem. Could be a problem with your Flash installation. In any case, Flash is not necessary for the program anyway , it's just the browser that asks for it, so you can just ignore it.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    You're welcome... :)

Here are some temporary updates that should fix the current problems:

History Manager:
    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0534a-installer.zip

Content Downloader:
    http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/3dcdl-daz-a1099b-installer.zip

Note that they may not work correctly if you have less than 50 files in your history or on your download pages - I'm currently unable to test this so I can't say for sure. I hope to have this tested and if necessary fixed soon. Next release will probably be an auto-update.

Also note that if you have many files ( > 500) on your download pages the downloader may be slow to respond when you click the Start (download) button. Some other functions may be slow too. It shouldn't do this, so I'm currently looking into it. Apart from this it should work allright though. It does take some time to get/update the file list if there are many files but that's how it is, it cannot work faster than it does in this respect.

thanks a lot and it work now

edited December 1969

Thanks for the updates.

I've been meaning to ask, is there a reason it downloads products in reverse alphabetical order?

edited August 2012

Thanks for the updates.

I've been meaning to ask, is there a reason it downloads products in reverse alphabetical order?

Not sure what you mean? In both programs the products are listed in the same order as they are listed on the DAZ pages as the programs read the pages in numerical order top-down. Files you download with the downloader are likewise downloaded in the same order as they are listed. It doesn't sort them in any way. If they happen to be in reverse alphabetical order it's purely by coincidence (unless the DAZ pages can be sorted that way but there's no option for that yet AFAIK).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Thanks for the updates.

Not sure what you mean? In both programs the products are listed in the same order as they are listed on the DAZ pages as the programs read the pages in numerical order top-down. Files you download with the downloader are likewise downloaded in the same order as they are listed. It doesn't sort them in any way. If they happen to be in reverse alphabetical order it's purely by coincidence (unless the DAZ pages can be sorted that way but there's no option for that yet AFAIK).

It would be handy to be able to sort by purchase date instead, though. With the downloads, it would be handy to be able to sort by downloads left, perhaps, as that's a good way of identifying a product that hasn't been downloaded yet, and it's easy to miss a 4 (or a 5) in the list if you've got a lot of available downloads to scroll through.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited September 2012

I'm having a problem. With each program I try to log in to, it tells me that that either I'm not logging in properly or the site is down...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

It would be handy to be able to sort by purchase date instead, though. With the downloads, it would be handy to be able to sort by downloads left, perhaps, as that's a good way of identifying a product that hasn't been downloaded yet, and it's easy to miss a 4 (or a 5) in the list if you've got a lot of available downloads to scroll through.

You can just use the "Download and clear selected files" option, which will reset Downloads Left to zero when a file has been sucessfully downloaded. The "Do not show files with 0 downloads left" filter (under "Settings") will then hide them.

The other option "Clear selected files" will clear the files without downloading them, you can get rid of files you already have downloaded that way.

edited December 1969

I'm having a problem. With each program I try to log in to, it tells me that that either I'm not logging in properly or the site is down...

Sure your login data are correct? If yes, do you have any unusual characters in your password?

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    zigraphix said:

You can just use the "Download and clear selected files" option, which will reset Downloads Left to zero when a file has been sucessfully downloaded. The "Do not show files with 0 downloads left" filter (under "Settings") will then hide them.

The other option "Clear selected files" will clear the files without downloading them, you can get rid of files you already have downloaded that way.

The first time you use the software, you still have to check to see if there's anything you haven't downloaded yet. I found two product files I'm pretty sure I didn't download before, and I hope I didn't miss any, because I did clear the downloads afterward, so it would be easier to see what I'm doing from now on.

But forcing the Downloads Left to zero makes me uncomfortable, to be honest. I worry that I'll need to reset the file again because I've actually missed something after all, or because I can't figure out where the files installed, or any of a number of other reasons. (Maybe just because I'm an insecure pack rat....) A local record that the file has been downloaded on a certain date would seem to make sense. I made that suggestion in your thread about these utilities, once I found it. ;)