Luxus for Carrara released! Intro sale price at 30% off.

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Cross posted news at
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2868029
    and
    http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10092

Please help to spread the word about the biggest release for Carrara this year.

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

Purchased!

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Me Too!! HaHoo!

edited December 1969

You should inform Luxrender that a plugin is now available for Carrara.

edited December 1969

Is there something different you have to do to get it to work in the 8.5 beta? I installed it, and the 3 files are in the extensions folder, but I have no Luxus option in the render room.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

This is very cool news. I wrote a brief thing about it on my blog... which eventually degenerated into rambling about cool specials that make me wish I had money.

Here's to the beauty of unbiased rendering.

edited December 1969

Kodiak3D said:
    Is there something different you have to do to get it to work in the 8.5 beta? I installed it, and the 3 files are in the extensions folder, but I have no Luxus option in the render room.

Works for me big bear, C8.1 production build and C8.5 Beta

edited December 1969

ProPose said:
    Kodiak3D said:

Works for me big bear, C8.1 production build and C8.5 Beta

Well, while I'm glad that it's working for you (and I'm envious of that), clearly I've done something wrong. Suggestions?

edited December 1969

check the install path is what comes to mind

• edited December 1969

I use Luxus on DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro and love it!

Could you kindly tell me if this version will work on Carrara 6 PRO?

If so I will buy it in a second.

Charles

edited December 1969

choover said:
    I use Luxus on DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro and love it!

Could you kindly tell me if this version will work on Carrara 6 PRO?

If so I will buy it in a second.

Charles

As far as I know it's for C8+. I have C6Pro but I'd have to install it to check if it works

edited December 1969

ProPose said:

Well, as I said earlier, the files are in the Extensions folder. That's where they're supposed to be, correct?

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

H! I don't understand: each time I'm cliking on "in cart", it doesn't work... it's really frustrating! I'm the only one???

edited December 1969

Kodiak3D said:
    ProPose said:

Well, as I said earlier, the files are in the Extensions folder. That's where they're supposed to be, correct?

I'd start by deleting the existing files and reinstall with the installer

edited May 2013

celmar said:
    H! I don't understand: each time I'm cliking on "in cart", it doesn't work... it's really frustrating! I'm the only one???

Happened to me too. put something else in your cart to see if it gets added, if it does the go to your cart and delete what you don't want. that what I did and it seemed to work

Post edited by ProPose on
    edited December 1969

ProPose said:
    Kodiak3D said:
    ProPose said:

I'd start by deleting the existing files and reinstall with the installer

Still no.

edited December 1969

OK, I figured it out, but it was odd. I didn't have 8.1 installed, so I installed it and installed Luxus there as well. Now it works in 8.1 and 8.5.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Oooooo! New toys! I've been using Luxrender via Reality in Poser for a while. I'm very happy that I can now use Lux via Luxus in Carrara. Outstanding news!

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

No joy in Mudville. :(

This is the first item I've tried to purchase here at DAZ in ages and it's not going well. The purchase will not go through. The cart says I have 1 item in my cart but when I try to purchase it tells me my cart is empty.

Frustrating. Contacting support now.

So sad.

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I'm very happy to see something new about Carrara on the Daz shop,
    but is it a good idea to purchase "Luxus for Carrara" whith a Mac ?

I downloaded the "luxus render plugin" on Carrara cafe but I just get a yellow window (same as holly wetcircuit)
    is the luxus plugin for Carrara needed to use the "Luxus for carrar" ?

Most of the time Daz sell products without documentation and it's not very easy when your language is not english to understand all the forum explications.

My dream is to have a tutorial step by step

• rk66rk66 Posts: 420
    edited December 1969

Hi,

here you find more informations: http://carraracafe.com/forum-3/#cid=1,tid=59

rk.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The product has a PDF instruction manual. See the Spheric Labs Labs entry in the Carrara plugin FAQ & Information post. I put a link to it, links to other things, and stated to compile a FAQ about the plugin. (Did all last night at around 2:30 AM and have been doing minor edits during the day.)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15970/P105/#290982

Hi,

I'm very happy to see something new about Carrara on the Daz shop,

I downloaded the "luxus render plugin" on Carrara cafe but I just get a yellow window (same as holly wetcircuit)
    is the luxus plugin for Carrara needed to use the "Luxus for carrar" ?

Most of the time Daz sell products without documentation and it's not very easy when your language is not english to understand all the forum explications.

My dream is to have a tutorial step by step

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

No joy in Mudville. :(

This is the first item I've tried to purchase here at DAZ in ages and it's not going well. The purchase will not go through. The cart says I have 1 item in my cart but when I try to purchase it tells me my cart is empty.

Frustrating. Contacting support now.

So sad.

That's a known problem that has been around for a while. To get around it you need to add another item -- anything -- to the cart. After that the hidden item should show up along with the new one which can then be deleted.
    edited December 1969

Kodiak3D said:
    You should inform Luxrender that a plugin is now available for Carrara.

Thanks, made a thread and PM's the main dev, more info here:
    http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10092

edited December 1969

Sweet, got a news post and a Carrara link on the main Luxrender site:
    http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index

Carrara is now part of the Luxrender team together with 3dsmax, Cinema4D, XSI, Poser, Blender.
    There are many more expensive 3D apps that does not have Luxrender exporters, a big thank you to Spheric Labs!

edited December 1969

Yep LightWave still doesn't have a Lux exporter despite several valiant attempts in the past. My primitive skills just aren't up to the task of taking something like this on.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Oh looks good.

BTW anyone know when the sale ends. I am juggling things as I just shot my budget signing up for HitFilm Ultimate 2 kickstarter to get a killer price .

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I hope it's ok to ask a few questions, here. If not, I'll start a new thread.

Is there a way to saved the scene to render later?
    Does DOF work in this version?

edited May 2013

DOF didn't work in the first release of Luxus for DS (much to the annoyance of many-a user), so I would assume it was added this time around.

With Luxus for DS you had to use very small F-stop settings to get desired results. You could need to use anything as low as .01 - maybe more. F-stop isn't actually tied to DOF in LuxRender, so that might have something to do with the strange settings. Hope this helps. It has been too long since I did any rendering/playing with cameras in Carrara, so I don't even recall how DOF works there.

You should be able to save the scene as a .lux to render later (will do this at export from Carrara). Luxrender will intermittently save a .flm while rendering which you can use to resume your render. You can also manually save a .flm yourself by going to File > Save FLM. I don't know where exports from C are being saved, but with Luxus for DS they were being saved to a temp location that wiped every time you rest your computer (or was it whenever you ended a DS session?). Make sure you're scenes aren't being saved to a temp location - or doom!

Post edited by Jim_1831252 on
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I did get it to work, although I didn't keep up with all the betas during his very fast development cycle...

The thing is to be very thorough with all your shaders, to convert them all to the Lux shaders. I actually had at least 1 non-lux shader that sneaked through (not really sure how it rendered, I didn't see anything horrible in the render), but it seems having Carrara shaders in the scene was the problem I had....

I hope it's ok to ask a few questions, here. If not, I'll start a new thread.

Is there a way to saved the scene to render later?
    Does DOF work in this version?

I don't know about DOF..., but when I used the beta Carrara writes a LuxRender scene file. I was able to double-click these scene files to launch LuxRender.... Writing the scene file seems to launch LuxRender, but I assume can just cancel the render....