GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited January 2018
    Leana said:
    JonSea31 said:

The problem is, I specified for a stagecoach for V4.

You asked for a stagecoach for the Millenium Horse, actually. The poses linked are for V3/M3, but the stagecoach referenced in the description doesn't depend on a figure.

My bad.  But maybe I could replicate the poses for V4.

Also, how about running poses for Millennium Horse and V4 poses for riding a running horse?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • beachlegsbeachlegs Posts: 474
    JonSea31 said:

JonSea31 said:

The problem is, I specified for a stagecoach for V4.(Also, is there a stagecoach designed for Millennium Horse that I could download for free?) Google is good tool.

• fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    JonSea31 said:
    Leana said:
    JonSea31 said:

You asked for a stagecoach for the Millenium Horse, actually. The poses linked are for V3/M3, but the stagecoach referenced in the description doesn't depend on a figure.

Also, how about running poses for Millennium Horse and V4 poses for riding a running horse?

Do a google search using the words sharecg horseback.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited January 2018
    JonSea31 said:
    Leana said:
    JonSea31 said:

So JonSea, something to remember is that poses of one figure can be applied to another. Best results are to stay with the generation that your figure is a part of. An example is V4, she is a generation 4 figure so poses for Kids 4 or Stephanie 4 or Michael 4 could be used most successfully. Going from one generation to another is more hit and miss. Best to go male to male than male to female. Also consider kit bashing, using a part of a pose from this package and marry it with another pose from another package. If you are using Studio then the pose preset is very handy for pulling out bits and pieces of poses that you like. Below is a render of a pose that I did that way and is in part based upon what you said you wanted. Since there are variablilities that you did not stipulate, ie, is the riding bareback or with saddle, if with saddle is it a western saddle, a racing saddle, an english saddle, (You get the picture) I chose bareback and at a full gallop. Using the freebie wiki and just looking for pose freebies with horse or unicorn in the title I found this https://www.sharecg.com/v/44658/gallery/11/Poser/Horse-Rider-II which contains a galloping Milhorse and M4 rider pose. I also found this https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/The_Unicorn_Whisperer which has two poses and one of them is V4 leaning forward on to the horse's neck. So I used the M4 pose on V4 and then saved out a pose preset of V4's lower body. I did the same for the Whisperer but just the upper body. I then zeroed out V4 and applied the two partial poses and adjusted the pose to my liking. Hand poses and one of the two pose packages I used can be found on this wiki page for V4 https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Victoria_4/Poses and this wiki page for M4 https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Michael_4/Poses.

I would also like to say that a show of appriciation will go a long way to getting you information about the where abouts of a certain freebie. It is also very useful to have an attitude of making a go with what you have, to try and make the effort to hunt. If you have not noticed the responses to your requests have changed from specific, to go do a search yourself. To not consistantly awknowledge assitance will result in little to no help in the quest of finding what is needed.

In additon, to expect to get exactly something you want is not a very successful or realistic way of reaching goals. These are freebies. They are not paid for items, hence, to imply poor or inadequate usefulness is to say in the least, poor form.

And last but not least if you find something is lacking in the freebie wiki, you can contact the administrator. I know he would appriciate suggestions for making the wiki work better. He is always looking for help. wink

V4-RidingFastandLow.png
    500 x 500 - 450K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • Leana said:
    JonSea31 said:

And the poses may be useful even if you have to do some fixes to the figures after using them.

• Here in the UK we use front doors with letterboxes. So I'm looking either for such a door or a letterbox.

Here in the UK we use front doors with letterboxes. So I'm looking either for such a door or a letterbox.

I know this is not free https://www.daz3d.com/northern-terrace-street it is more of a reference in case someone else knows where to find one will keep searching :)

• Ah yes, I forgot about that one as an example. I do have that set, except everything is a single model.

• Here in the UK we use front doors with letterboxes. So I'm looking either for such a door or a letterbox.

Canada (where I live) does use front doors with letterboxes too.

• JonSea31 said:

Here in the UK we use front doors with letterboxes. So I'm looking either for such a door or a letterbox.

Canada (where I live) does use front doors with letterboxes too.

Much easier than having to walk up the drive to a mailbox laugh

• Thank you!

I have to admit that in the end I sent Northern Terrace Street to Hex and cut everything out apart from the required door. Your links are handy for future use tho!

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
    edited January 2018

Searching for 3 things..

A fast food worker style visor

A remote-controled car , with a remote

A bonnet like the one pictured

Any help appreciated!

939170bd-524d-4c7c-b0fa-af939a19dfae.jpg
    600 x 600 - 40K
    Post edited by 404nicg on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    JonSea31 said:

That taxi is not compatible with DAZ Studio, if I recall.  Plus, it is too antique.

Is there a version with more of a 1970s or later model car?  Also, are there any 70s era cars I could download for free?

for excellent cars in general, birdman at sharecg creates great models - however, those are 3ds., but textured. in under 1 minute in wings3d (free) you get an obj., then in a few clicks in daz you have your car...

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    JonSea31 said:

That taxi is not compatible with DAZ Studio, if I recall.  Plus, it is too antique.

Is there a version with more of a 1970s or later model car?  Also, are there any 70s era cars I could download for free?

Look at http://www.dmi-3d.net/ for a huge selection of vehicles both old and new.  Most are available in OBJ format, some require converting (through any number of online conversion sites).  You'll probably have to manually adjust the materials.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    404nicg said:

Searching for 3 things..

A fast food worker style visor

A remote-controled car , with a remote

A bonnet like the one pictured

Any help appreciated!

visor http://www.sharecg.com/v/65704/gallery/11/Poser/Sleeveless-tennis-wear-for-A4-minor-fix

hphoenix said:
    JonSea31 said:

Look at http://www.dmi-3d.net/ for a huge selection of vehicles both old and new.  Most are available in OBJ format, some require converting (through any number of online conversion sites).  You'll probably have to manually adjust the materials.

excellent link hphoenix! they have rare vehicles like foreign police cars etc! ^^ thanks

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    hphoenix said:
    JonSea31 said:

excellent link hphoenix! they have rare vehicles like foreign police cars etc! ^^ thanks

It's a great resource for vehicles of all types, and many styles.  They do take a little work to get them usable in DAZ Studio, but it's not really difficult.  With a little work, you can even put in bones and such so doors/hood/trunk/etc can open/close and such.  But you should probably learn how to do basic rigging before you start trying that.  But as static props, they work great!

hphoenix said:
    hphoenix said:
    JonSea31 said:

It's a great resource for vehicles of all types, and many styles.  They do take a little work to get them usable in DAZ Studio, but it's not really difficult.  With a little work, you can even put in bones and such so doors/hood/trunk/etc can open/close and such.  But you should probably learn how to do basic rigging before you start trying that.  But as static props, they work great!

those last posts & links made me realize that i actually never plan/use cars or generally vehicles in my scenes... as a totally unlicensed non-driver, they just... completely escaped my mind! and it's a fact that a realistic modern or futuristic street scene should pretty much include some kind of vehicle somewhere. so, thanks for the side effect, guys ^^

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    edited January 2018
    grylin said:

Hello everyone. i am looking for freestuff that would be similar to the tv show* The Expanse* and *Stranger Things* ( on netflix) since i am a big sci fi and 1980's fan, that would be awesome if anyone could help me or even make things? :)

Well, I'm working on a G3F morph for Eleven. When I get it done to my satisfaction, I'll post it at ShareCG.

Post edited by lexbaird on
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386

It's a little late for this year since Imbolc (Candemas for some or Groundhog day for others) is only a week away but hopefully I can get a jump on next year. I am in search of a Brighid's cross and/or corn dolly (either the traditional British/European wheatweaving style or the North American version) similar to the one's below. I've tried searching for 3d versions with no luck so if someone knows of any, please point them out. Preferably for Daz Studio  but okay with Poser file  if it works in Daz or even an .obj file

Thank you for any assistance in this

Saint_Brigid's_cross.jpg
    1566 x 1520 - 228K
    corndolly.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 421K
    corn-dolly.png
    400 x 600 - 142K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    kimh said:

It's a little late for this year since Imbolc (Candemas for some or Groundhog day for others) is only a week away but hopefully I can get a jump on next year. I am in search of a Brighid's cross and/or corn dolly (either the traditional British/European wheatweaving style or the North American version) similar to the one's below. I've tried searching for 3d versions with no luck so if someone knows of any, please point them out. Preferably for Daz Studio  but okay with Poser file  if it works in Daz or even an .obj file

Thank you for any assistance in this

These don't look like they'd be too hard to model. If I have some time this weekend I'll take a stab at them and let you know how it goes.Sorry - I know that's too late for this year. sad

If I can get something decent looking made, do you have an Iray v 3Delight preference?

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    MDO2010 said:
    kimh said:

These don't look like they'd be too hard to model. If I have some time this weekend I'll take a stab at them and let you know how it goes.Sorry - I know that's too late for this year. sad

If I can get something decent looking made, do you have an Iray v 3Delight preference?

I would really appreciate it. I'm thinking of doing a bunch of Seasonal cards and have an idea for Imbolc. It will give me a whole year to work on the card - lol. I prefer Iray if doable. Thank you so much

• Sometime in the past year I managed to get a robot dog and a robot cat.  I remember the robot dog as cute and very well done.  For the life of me I can't find them again and I have done several searches.  Both were free and at first I thought they were at rendo but, like I said, can't find them.  Only found Simon3d's dino dog robot.

Can anyone help me find these two models?

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited February 2018

@kimh - I had some time to get started on this today. Still a little work to do on the Brigid's Cross. It took me forever watching Youtube videos to figure out how it was actually put together! I kept loosing track of which side I had just done and having to start over. I played around a little with the corn dolly just to figure out how to approach it and I think I have a method that will work using a cloth sim. laugh

I should have these both for you next weekend; I only get a few hours on the weekend to play with my 3D hobby and since we missed the holiday for this year, I figure there's no rush. wink

Here's where the Brigid's Cross is so far:

(Iray render in Substance Painter)

I still want to work on the twists and bends a little and add some trailing ribbons to the wrappings holding the ends together.

BrigidsCross_TestRender.jpg
    1488 x 971 - 216K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    edited February 2018

Sometime in the past year I managed to get a robot dog and a robot cat.  I remember the robot dog as cute and very well done.  For the life of me I can't find them again and I have done several searches.  Both were free and at first I thought they were at rendo but, like I said, can't find them.  Only found Simon3d's dino dog robot.

Here is a free robodog: http://www.sharecg.com/v/82329/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/RoboDog

Free robo cat in obj format: http://www.sharecg.com/v/2983/browse/11/Poser/robo-cat

Here is a robo cat that is not quite free but only $1.99 for PC+ memers: https://www.daz3d.com/d-claws-and-d-squeek

Also SA Kitty Mass is free robot cat that ships free with Poser

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited February 2018

Sometime in the past year I managed to get a robot dog and a robot cat.  I remember the robot dog as cute and very well done.  For the life of me I can't find them again and I have done several searches.  Both were free and at first I thought they were at rendo but, like I said, can't find them.  Only found Simon3d's dino dog robot.

This is all I could find https://www.daz3d.com/d-claws-and-d-squeek

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited February 2018
    beachlegs said:

This is all I could find https://www.daz3d.com/d-claws-and-d-squeek

Just seen this has been posted by Charlie Judge :)

• Charlie Judge...that first link is the one I was looking for with regards to a robot dog so thank you for that. That Poser robo cat looks familiar and is probably the one I am looking for but could have sworn there was another one.  Thank you for the help.

Beachlegs thank you for your effort...that claw and squeek on you both posted looks interesting but not   quite what I am looking for.

edited February 2018

Charlie Judge...that first link is the one I was looking for with regards to a robot dog so thank you for that. That Poser robo cat looks familiar and is probably the one I am looking for but could have sworn there was another one.  Thank you for the help.

Beachlegs thank you for your effort...that claw and squeek on you both posted looks interesting but not   quite what I am looking for.

Your welcome I will keep an eye out for you :)

This discussion has been closed.